• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Raising Phoenix!!" -New Location-, Jan 2nd

Status
Not open for further replies.

The BlackChrimson

Smash Apprentice
Echo, The BlackChrimson presents:
RAISING PHOENIX
January 2nd

My first ever tournament, happily invite anyone and everyone willing to my humble abode for a Smash-tacular Royal.And personally, what better way to kick-off the new year by kicking some arse?

Where at and when​

Yan's and Chris' Place
2131 E. 10th St #2
Tempe, AZ 85281

Please don't use a GPS navigation system (or Google Maps or Mapquest) to get to this address. It'll route you through a permanently closed gate.

From ASU: go east on University, turn right just before you get to Price Rd/101 (into the Jack in the Box plaza). The condo complex is in the back corner of that plaza. Go into the condo complex and follow the road all the way to the back gate. I live in the building to the right of the back gate, in the back, away-from-the-gate corner.

From the 101: take the University exit and turn west. Turn left immediately into the Jack in the Box plaza. The condo complex is in the back corner of that plaza. Go into the condo complex and follow the road all the way to the back. I live in the building to the right of the back gate, in the back, away-from-the-gate corner.

Parking: Most of the parking are assigned spaces to residents, but there are a bunch of visitor spots around the complex. Here is a map of them. Pretty much any space marked "Visitor" (usually with a yellow curb) is fair game, as are any of the spots by the pool.

By Orbit: Take the Orbit Mercury line to Escalante Center (it picks up around College & 6th at ASU, I think). Head east a tiny bit and you'll see a gate closing off a condo complex to your left. There is a human-sized door in the left part of the gate that's usually open. If it's closed, give Chris a call

6034 W Acapulco Ln, Glendale, Maricopa, Arizona 85306.

Feel free to use Gmaps; my only tip is that my house is the only one that's two stories, and is on the left hand of the street, on the corner.
Time: Registration begins at noon, the tourney for Brawl begins at 2pm. Melee sign ups will begin after Brawl is completed, and will begin an hour later. Friendlies are all day on any empty set.
Yes, it's far out west, ain't it? Now when I was on my way to Elite Four, I got lost for an hour and a half...God forbid that happens to anyone, but if it does, I swear, I'll laugh my *** off.

Contact
Gimme a hollar
Call and/or text (602)-718-8886
Ask for Dorian if you have to... >.>

FEES​

~10 Dollar Brawl Single Entree Fee
~10 Dollar Doubles Entree Fee (5 Each)

~5 Dollar Melee Singles
~5 Dollar Melee Doubles

A cite fee will be in order to pay for drinks and so on. (to be announced soon, after all is ready)

POT SPLITS

SINGLES
1st: 60%
2nd: 30
3rd: 10

DOUBLES
1st: 60%
2nd: 30
3rd: 10

Brawl
GENERAL RULES
* BYOC
* 3-stock
* 8-minute timer
* Double elimination
* Items are set to "Off" and "None"
* All sets will be determined in Best of 3 matches; Best of 5 will be used to determine the victor in Winner's, Loser's and Grand Finals
* In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors
* No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.
* Double Blind picks can be called on the first match.
* Stage strikes are in effect in doubles, singles pools, and singles
*DSR is in effect in this tourney unless both players agree to revisit a previous stage.
* If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage
* All matches concluded by a suicide kill are determined by percent (including Kirby-ciding, DDD-ciding, Bowser-ciding).
* All standing infinites are banned from the tournament (DDD standing infinite, Marth on Ness, etc)
* Ice Climbers infinite is limited up to 200%.
* Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned.
* stalling is banned as is Planking (45 ledgegrab rule)
* Metaknight is NOT banned
* Players who use wii-motes are asked to take care of their own equipment as there are NO spare batteries provided in the tournament.
* Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.
* If one player asks not to play on a hacked wii, then the match can be moved elsewhere.
* Losers/Winners/Grand Finals matches will be recorded and can’t be avoided. Losers semis, winners semis, etc. though can be.
* Players who don’t wish to play on Live Stream can request so up until finals.
*All Problems brought to the attention of the T.O's will be decided upon by the TO's and all TO decisions are FINAL
* In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS winner will get the last port
* Color Blind Rule is in effect for teams.
* Chibo's Color-Blind Rule: If a player on a team is playing Lucario, Sonic, or Pokemon Trainer, either team can request for them to be Blue Team and the opponents must abide. If both teams have one of the characters, they must work it out between them.

STAGES (SUBJECT TO CHANGE)
NEUTRAL

* Battlefield
* Final Destination
* Smashville

COUNTERPICK
* Yoshi's Island
* Brinstar
* Lylat Cruise
* Castle Siege
* Halberd
* Frigate Orpheon
* Jungle Japes
* Luigi's Mansion
* Rainbow Cruise
* Delfino
* Pokemon Stadium
* Pictochat
* Norfair (new!)

STAGE STRIKING IS IN EFFECT AND BOTH PLAYERS MAY BAN ONE STAGE

MELEE RULES

- Melee -

* Items are set to off
* The stock is set to 4
* 8:00 Timer
* All sets are best of 3 matches
* With the exception of Winner/Loser/Grand Finals - best of 5 matches
* In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors
* DSR is on
* Ties will be broken by lives, then percentage. In the event of a percentage tie, one stock sudden death will be played
* The Ice Climber Freeze Glitch is banned
* Jigglypuff's rising pound stall is banned
* Peach's bomber stall beneath levels where she is unreachable is banned.
* Wobbling is not banned
* Each player is allowed a random reset per set for the first match. A stage that is reset will not be played for the first match of a set, no matter how many times it randomly comes up.
* Neutrals may be banned.

- Neutral Stages -

* Final Destination
* Dreamland 64
* Battlefield
* Yoshi Story
* Pokemon Stadium
* Fountain of Dreams (Singles only)
* Kongo Jungle (Doubles only)

- Counterpick Stages -* All neutral stages
* Corneria
* Brinstar
* Mute City (Singles)
* Pokefloats
* Rainbow Cruise
* Kongo Jungle

Need help with Screens and Equipment
Venue has only so much...I will be needing help from everyone who can to help bring in TVs, Wii, GCs, and Brawl & Melee.
Venue:
1. TV
2. TV
3. Wii
Help:
. IsmaR : full set up ~ Brawl/Melee, Wii/GC, and TV
. DK SPEED DK : Semi-set ~ Brawl and Wii (Tv is too big XD)
. Gah777 : Melee set up + TV

Please help, or this will get very boring, very fast ^^;​

Side Tournsie

Ok, here's a little area where I'll list options for a side tournament or three that could be held.
I want to know who can bring what other games in, and what we could do with them.

1~
2~
3~

The BlackChrimson

Smash Apprentice
I know...I was in too much of a hurry to remember absoluetly everything...I just figured I'd post it then edit it when I get a real chance. ^^;

Don't host this on the 12th since thats the date of a tournament in New Mexico and attendance would be low because of that

and if you need help hosting, Justin and I would be glad to help, since we're experienced with this sort of stuff anyway...it can get pretty frustrating sometimes

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
it can get pretty frustrating sometimes
I would imagine especially if this is a first-time venue.

How far west are we talking?

And I'd be willing to pay a venue fee instead of having anything taken out of the pot...

Death01

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mahuwah
3DS FC
3282-4075-7165
Don't host this on the 12th since thats the date of a tournament in New Mexico and attendance would be low because of that

and if you need help hosting, Justin and I would be glad to help, since we're experienced with this sort of stuff anyway...it can get pretty frustrating sometimes
so when is this tournament? and where exactly is it? I was also wondering if you knew when the info for the tourney on the 19th may be up darklink? or is this it?
so confused.

The BlackChrimson

Smash Apprentice
Alright then, I suppose I might hook up a new years smash fest...How about in the near first of January?
That should give plenty of time.

And sorry...I was in the moment, and the connection there is only a really poor wifi set of signals. This was actually the third time I tried posting this thread, and I just wanted it up before my connection failed again... ._.;

And yes, all the help I can get would be seriously appreciated ^^;
And I'm sorry...this is my first tournament debut attempt...But that's no excuse...

I'll have everything edited out and fixed by tomarrow or so at the latest.

Death01

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mahuwah
3DS FC
3282-4075-7165
Death
My tournament that may be on the 19th is not this...

You chose a bad month to try hosting a tournament BlackCrismon, there are no free days other than next saturday but thats really soon
alright I see so I will try for yours Darklink and maybe do this one next.

Jar'd

Smash Ace
Shoot, if it's the weekend of the 1st and 2nd I can't make it. D: Going to be in Tucson.

The BlackChrimson

Smash Apprentice
This upcoming January weekend is the 2nd and 3rd; the 1st is on a Friday...Talk about first Fridays XD

But are you sure you can't go? I mean...it is far for Tuscon trips...But hey, that's where I came from when I went to Elite Four. =/
And sorry the address isn't posted just yet...being that part of my family just moved in, I'm still not 100% on the adress... ._.;

Jar'd

Smash Ace
Yeah, I meant the 2nd and 3rd. I'm sure I'll be down in Tucson until at least the 2nd. There is a slight chance I'll be back by Sunday, but I doubt it.

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
you don't want to make it a 2 day tournement, 2 day tournaments are for 100-200 people and i can almost guarantee you won't get that kind of turnout. one day will be perfectly fine if you have a sufficient amount of setups and run the tournament well with justin and chris's help. running a tournament is no easy task, i ran two and stopped because i had no idea what i was doing. it's not easy by any means, and i strongly recommend you read up on organizing and hosting tournaments. good luck

also, make melee doubles 10 bucks per team

The BlackChrimson

Smash Apprentice
Alright. I'll fix up whatever I can, and I'll take whatever advice you guys have to offer ^^;

And ok, I'll be fixing up the fees n' junk

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
cool thing dude, good luck

i also recommend you download and get familiar with a program called Tio (AKA T-O which stands for tournament organizer). I Don't know where to find it on here but it's somewhere in the tuornament section i think

The BlackChrimson

Smash Apprentice
Thank you.
I'll be needing help in deep organization of this tournamanet though...I'll taek whatever aid there is

Also, I'll try and get a pic of the place and edit it in the first post.

AXE 09

Smash Master
if i decide to not go to cali for winter break, then i'll definately be going to this :)

EDIT: wow dude, you actually live very close to where i'll be moving soon lol. i'll be living in peoria

Gah777

Smash Lord
You should add Norfair to the list of counter pick stages!

The BlackChrimson

Smash Apprentice
Hey, whatever gets everyone here, then by all means. :3
And AXE, sorry that you're moving, but at least you're not leaving the state.

Also, by the looks of the power rankings, I might be getting on that roster here soon...I mean, I almost beat Silly Kyle over the weekend. >l3 Hey, it's not that far off from a dream comeing true, now is it?

hadesblade

Smash Lord
2 - spell "norfair" right

But thanks for adding it :p and now I have to try really hard to make it because I have a cp vs snakes xD

The BlackChrimson

Smash Apprentice
>.> Shut up... XD
Anyway, I hope everyione who comes like this tourny. It'll be tough, but should be one hell of a party

hadesblade

Smash Lord
Oh yeah, I really really doubt if we do pools and doubles for brawl it will end at a decent time. Having melee an hour AFTER brawl is over probably won't work.

AXE 09

Smash Master
yo blackChrimson, even if i don't get to make this....

we can still smash a bunch =) if you don't mind, i can come to your place pretty often since we live so close. i can help you train in melee. i'm not too big into brawl, but if you want someone to practice against, i can help with that too

but just saying, if you want someone to train you in melee, look no further =)

KiraFlax

Smash Lord
black crismon, we should pools at your tournament so everyone is garanteed like 4 matches at the least. more playing equals more skill gained in competitive settings
Bull Sh-it Topped off with Horse Piss, ****, Fecal matter as sprinkles from tommy, and Vomit from a chain smoker. Served with a side of Donkey manure and intimidating non happy Africans. For dessert is Dic-ks, Giving birth fluids, and dog skin all blended together with an angry mob of hot n sweaty men that play brawl/melee. Pools suck wieners.

Edit: Would have been my response if i totally didnt agree with this idea. Good Thinking chris.

-Axis-

Smash Journeyman
Ooooooh. This is VERY close. Might just go to this. (First Tournament *jitters*)

For the record, you spelled the address in the OP wrong. Might want to fix that to avoid confusion. :p

AXE, i might just take you up on that offer in the near future. I'm ballux at Melee, but I really want to get into that scene. Seems like such a more rewarding game than Brawl. D:

And props to BC for reppin' that there steak. It's not easy, I can tell you that.

EDIT: I doubt I could provide a setup, but I might be able to fight to get a Wii down there. No promises that I'm going at all, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom