• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

INNsomnia Reunion: NES n00b edition - 12/18

PrinceZane

INNsomniac
BRoomer
Greetings all,

As I'm sure all of you have heard by now, the smash community lost an amazing guy. NES n00b passed away in a fatal car accident just before Thanksgiving. In his honour, we're holding a tribute to him at the Inn where he touched many of our lives for the first time. There will be a moment of silence held so that we can all pay our respects, followed by a few hours of smash in tribute to him.

When: 12/18, 11pm - 5am - Note: we cannot meet up much earlier than that due to the restaurant being open for business. Please try to arrive as close to 11 as possible. Anyone that will be arriving much sooner can meet at my place if you like, PM me for details.

Where: Pizza Inn - 190 Shoppingway Blvd, West Memphis, AR

Events: There will be a tournament fundraiser (at least singles, maybe doubles depending on time/interest) with 50% proceeds going to Ryan's family plus any other optional donations.

Pizza will be served for $5 per medium. Tourney entries will be $5 (I know I originally said 10, but this might be a little high considering the economy and such, feel free to donate more if you wish).

I do like the idea of bringing something for people to sign if they want, please feel free to do so.

- Zane

ATTENTION FL, GA, AL, MS, LA, AND ANYONE ELSE WHOM THIS MIGHT APPLY TO

I will be able to host ANYONE who wants to come to this. I live in Starkville, MS, about three and a half hours from the venue.

IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN BEING HOUSED BY ME

• *VERY IMPORTANT* Tell me ASAP, I MUST know you're coming. The apartment complex has a gate and in order to get in you need my number so that I can let you in. Also if no one tells me they're going to my apartment then I won't be there. This is out of the way for me, and I'm only doing this to help you guys.
  • Bring a SLEEPING BAG - I have a lot of floor room but only one full bed and a couch
  • Bring a TOWEL/SHAMPOO/whatever you might need to take a shower, IF you wish to take one. Don't worry, I won't kick you out for not showering, but I know some of you will want to shower, so be prepared since I only have one towel. Also I only have one shower/bathroom, so be warned about that. It is clean, though.
  • I won't have ANY food in my apartment, but it's a college town and there are a lot of great, cheap restaurants I can recommend to you as well as some chains that stay open late.
  • I doubt this will be a problem, but at some point on the 19th I will be leaving (probably after lunch). When I decide I'm driving home, everyone who's still there has to go, too.

CCCP

Smash Journeyman
Zane- I love you, man. Run7 will be here. DML will be here. ****, everyone in the region who had any connection at all to NES will be here.

Alukard

Smash Hero
o man i wish i could go but its soo far away =\

good stuff making this happen people i hope u all have fun and enjoy urselves cuz i'm sure thats wat he would want =]

CO

Smash Ace
NNID
CO_Runaway7
3DS FC
3136-6583-7782
I will ask off and if its too late to, I will still be there.

Sariku

Smash Master
I live twenty minutes away from his mother, in Biloxi, Mississippi. I will be visiting her soon, and I'd be more than willing to bring her what becomes donated to the box as both a member of this amazing community and one of Ryan's friends IRL. If this isn't SUPER far away and I can get a ride, I'd love to attend..

And looking back, it's completely out of state v_v

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
I already told work that I wont be able to work this date. they know whats up. The smash community is my other family and It feels just like i lost my Little Brother right now.

JMOAN

Smash Apprentice
Argh! I wasn't planning on leaving Pennsylvania until the day after this! I think I will try and rearrange my schedule to drive the 14.5 hours to the South a day early. If so, I will likely need housing, as the prospect of driving 14.5 hours, playing smash all night, and then driving 3 hours to my parents' house is a little tiresome. I've wanted to play at the INN again, but not under such terrible circumstances.

KO suggested getting some flowers for his mom, or something similar. I'm totally in favor of having the money go to that.

Also, I would like to suggest a side tournament, where only CF and Link are legal...

Lance87

Smash Lord
Memphis/Millington --- Runaway 7 till I die.
I'll be there no matter what, jamming as many Run7 guys into my car as I can, just like the old days.

Suggestion- Tournament fees go into the donation pool as well and winner just gets bragging rights? Just a thought... I don't know if anyone would mind this, but hopefully people wouldn't care given the situation.

I'm playing as C. Falcon all night at this, no matter how bad I suck with him.

SaberPrime

Smash Journeyman
Count me there, nothing will stop me.

Love you NES n00b.

I'll be there no matter what, jamming as many Run7 guys into my car as I can, just like the old days.

Suggestion- Tournament fees go into the donation pool as well and winner just gets bragging rights? Just a thought... I don't know if anyone would mind this, but hopefully people wouldn't care given the situation.

I'm playing as C. Falcon all night at this, no matter how bad I suck with him.
Sounds like a good plan to me.

-Chad-

Slackerator
You know I'll be here. If anyone at all needs a ride to this just tell me. I really don't care if you live 24 hours away, I'll get you here if you want to be here.

chamberlin

Smash Ace
I vote that we DO have a tournament and that the entry fee goes to getting something for his mother. My first idea is that we all could sign a card and give her flowers.

Oh, and the 11th sounds like a better time, but I'll be there regardless.

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
I don't even play melee since I play brawl but I wouldn't mind trying to come to this to get my **** handed to me if everything goes to his mother and family.

RIP Nes n00b: I may not know you, but I can already tell you were an amazing person.

Zephyr

Smash Lord
I'll do my best, but I don't have any transportation...would anyone be willing to give a Long Beach smasher a ride to this?

PrinceZane

INNsomniac
BRoomer
Glad to see all the interest, just shows how awesome he truly was/is. I'm kind of surprised at all the out of state interest to be honest.

JM - If you need a place to crash, can probably arrange something at my place, but I do have to work that next afternoon, can work out the details if need be later

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
Id like to come, 18th a confirmed date? cause id have to request off for this.

edit

a falcon only side tournament in his honor, as well?

j00t

Smash Champion
I'm there, Zane.

If this gets more interest you might need to rent out that Holiday Inn space again.

It is a shame that we have to be brought together under these circumstances, though.

SmashterLink

Smash Ace
I am there. I don't care if work gives me the night off or not. Run7 will be there is full. We were going to do Link dittos at Tipped Off but never got around to it. Link all night in his honor...just like the old times. We will miss ya NES.

Top Bottom