• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Piiiichu. Take a look

TunaCasserole

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys,

I've been playing for a while, but have only recently been able to record matches, so here they are. Beware, some of these matches have ridiculous commentary.

http://www.youtube.com/user/TFSmash#p/u/0/GLqSWsv51us
http://www.youtube.com/user/TFSmash#p/u/1/wSlbJWsHWCc
http://www.youtube.com/user/TFSmash#p/u/2/DuWB50h0vVs -- :laugh:
http://www.youtube.com/user/TFSmash#p/u/3/v8U_CpguyaQ
http://www.youtube.com/user/TFSmash#p/u/4/nLYViS268MU
http://www.youtube.com/user/TFSmash#p/u/5/FuBgcWXzTAk

-Tuna

--PS: Check out the other videos on the TFSmash YouTube channel -- Hilarious. Also, a little bit of Luigi, Bowser, Ness, and some others. More videos to come, hopefully!

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
I just watched the first match that's the first time i;ve ver gone OOOOhHHHHH watching a pichu video your pretty freakin good.

vs ice climbers F-smash nana if she is alone as an ice climber main I know that would **** her hard she can't DI and it's the stongest F-smash in the game popo isn't saving her.

vs falcon can anyone say ****?

wow amazing matchs combo video good and people told me how pichu can't combo as good as kirby and that battlefield is a terrblie stage for pichu lol. You should post more often you know what your doing.

D

Deleted member

Your Pichu is amazing! It's nice to see a good Pichu for once. It's hard to find any videos of good Pichus.
I just started playing Melee again, and I also just started playing Melee competitively recently, so I'm a noob, lol. I noticed there were a bunch of times where it seemed like you could have chain grabbed CF, but didn't. Is there any reason for that?

TunaCasserole

Smash Journeyman
Thanks @ comments. Would like to get more vids up, but don't really know when that'll happen -- my Pichu specialty is Falco, strangely enough, so I'd like to get some more of those up. If I ever go to a tourney and the match gets recorded, expect to see a Pichu counterpick against Falco :D

@Artemis: No, there's not particular reason I didn't CG. CGing is a perfectly legit strategy, and it works well. It's something I might do in a tourney, but in friendlies...ehhh

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
pichu vs falco is really fun. I think it's safe to say your the best pichu playing right now. Hey have you ever tryed to add up-B to your gameplay?

otg

Smash Master
I think it's safe to say your the best pichu playing right now.
Wow LMAO. The bar is so low for bottom tiers. No offense Yaneev, your pichu is nasty but it gets ***** by the sludge.

Edit:

I actually came here to post on how **** that match vs Jesses Falcon on FD was. And also, get at that Sandbaggin Samus. WAHTS REALLY GOOOOOOOD NICKA?!?!??!?!

TunaCasserole

Smash Journeyman
@Insane: Ahah, thanks. And, in what way do you mean "Add up-B?" Are you talking about kind of how Axe uses his?

@OTG: WHATSREALLYGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD??????? LOOK I KNOW I CUT YOU IN LINE SON BUT, ILL LET YOU GO BUT IM JUST MAD HUNGRY IS ALL IM SAYIN WHATS REALLY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD

We have to get some pichu/doc matches up at some point, maybe before I go abroad. Pichu is my only hope against the **** sludgy *******

@Ndot: Thanks!

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
pichu's up-B is lagless it can be used to approach, tech chase(I use it after B-throw), punish, mess with them and maybe one day combo http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDF7VX1yi_0 breif idea what it COULD do how to do it you hold up(for 5 frames) the stick and press B then go to a side the timing is like wding IT's hard but has a number of little uses that help.

Hey go you crazy, insane, nuts, coco, loco or anything like that? I would be surprized most pichu players are a little crazy

TunaCasserole

Smash Journeyman
Ahahah

Yeah, just to let people know...I definitely don't think I'm the best pichu playing by any means. But the Up-B stuff does look funky.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
funky as in late 70's, not right or as in tripy? But yeah I do mostest know what i,m talking about if not plaese how me how and why I don't so I can be better improve and become better. Really I just know a bunch of crazy random things that work and don't. You don't have to try or listen but I thank you for both.

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
if you dont think this tuna is the best pichu in the world your ********

he ***** so hard

with pichu

what the hell

and who knew pichu had a walljump

otg

Smash Master
funky as in late 70's, not right or as in tripy? But yeah I do mostest know what i,m talking about if not plaese how me how and why I don't so I can be better improve and become better. Really I just know a bunch of crazy random things that work and don't. You don't have to try or listen but I thank you for both.
LOL WTF. Is that even english?

SoldierRift

Smash Journeyman
Hey leave insane crazy guy alone....

hes dyslyxic

Freck I can't spell.... Well were all at faults and were all imperfect so just leave him alone...

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
I,m also blind and see things that aren't real. sorry I meant trippy. Hey how's your ppichuu soldierrift? You aren't 100% sane and i,ve seen you also post in the ice climbers boards so yeah I,m geussing you at least play as pichu.

D

Deleted member

if you dont think this tuna is the best pichu in the world your ********

he ***** so hard

with pichu

what the hell

and who knew pichu had a walljump
Do you mean currently playing Melee or out of all of the Pichus who ever played Melee? If you mean of all the Pichus who ever played Melee, the best would be t0mmy.

SoldierRift

Smash Journeyman
Well im emo... not the serious kind...

Well I play Pichu, but im pretty horrible I spam almost every single time(especially the thunder)

I mostly play mario and Link tho.

Well if you can, can you please list some tips so I can at least have a non-noob picchu

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
noob level pichu player um. it depends on who you fight. like vs FFers appraoching with upair sets up whatever you want and nair is good. F-smash, f-tilt, B, and nair are great for edge gaurd. try to avoid useing f-tilt(only edge gaurd), dash-attck, and downsmash a lot and if used only at higher percents. they all have uses but not common uses used in every match.

nair is bread and butter can be followed with up-tilt or whatever. recoverying is pretty easy because you have so many mix ups you only have to worry if you are predictable. you can wall jump, air dodge, up-B can go 256 ways mostly is the same place but taking different rountes helps, side-B, fair beats incomeing knees, and theres always airdodgeing.

SoldierRift

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for the tips. Im pretty sure thier awesome.

I'll proably use them next week cause I gotta get ready for school this week.

Have a nice year everyone!!!!!!!!! :D <(^.^<) (kirby)

j3ly

Smash Champion
try to fsmash to catch falcons recovery off more often, tis **** - even if the fsmash only clips falcon, u can fall off with a nair for the kill

i dont think ur suicidal enough, pichu can do filthy stuff off the edge and nearly always make it back, especially on DL and YS. Obviously do not attempt if ur opp will get back to the stage first

vs the falcon i noticed he didnt have a grasp of DIing uairs, though he probably will do by this time. Uair (x however many) -> dair sets up for edgeguarding which falcon prolly wont return from. I also saw little to no grabbing, pichu can do really cool things wirg uthrow and fthrow - chain them together from 0-20% and throw in a usmash somewhere

Under a platform if u connect with nair at low % you can SH, connect with uair, jump out of that for another uair and then land on a platform above. From ther anything - fall through platform uair -> fsmash, utilt nair/dair grab watever. U missed that on a couple of occasions.

my knowledge of pichu metagame is extreamly limited. As far as i take it, against FFers uair -> dair and grab combos until you can edgeguard. Against floaties.. ugh, grind 2/3 hit combos until usmash outta shield opportunity. Gawd tis like a puff ditto

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
SHFFL upairs for pichu set-up up grabs on falcon till about 40% fox60% falco little lower than fox. F-throw chain throw rarly works however I think it may work on some people I've been testing by buffering their sheild as pichu f-throws to regrab. If I see the sheild it doesn't work. Never F-throw a FFer anything is beter than F-throw even if their at the edge.

Down-throw tech chase is very good if there are platforms or not.

Upair can juggle for a long time it's hard to keep up sometimes. also nair fox at 40ish % sets up an easy jab reset

Floatlies from what I know nair is amazing easier to chain and can lead to Up-smash/up-tilt. if puff misses rest side-B they will die even from the middle of DL64 will crazy good di at 30% not even magus could live plus it does 39% but if they hit you and you came back just up-smash.

also if fox up-throws you di left/right and keep wiggleing to SDI out of his upair easily and you can sometimes hit him before he lands. Also when you have been knocked up really high you can use thunder to fall faster and create a wall in between you guys also if fox runs into it you can combo him off of thunder it's so funny that it really works

WTF I should make a pichu guide because every post of mein is a freakin pichu guide

j3ly

Smash Champion
when u say 40% for the reset, is that a full strength nair, and the side of the hitbox or weak nair with the top hitbox?

Ive been using fthrow -> uthrow/dthrow alot. Generally just fthrow -> regrab at as low a % as possible. Im sure its escapable like most things but at least scrubs will pretty much always shield after the first one. Non scrubs get hit too, its pretty fast. Plus if they DI inwards its definatly a regrab, and at that point hopefully their DI is in a mess so a non-Di'd uthrow (especially under a platform) = combo of some description, fail if you utilt, success if you get in a uair and jump onto the platform to follow up. Or even just uthrow one more time lol, from low %'s pichu has so many options from an uthrow its just tricky to hit them in the time given. FH Dair teleports (lol wtf) onto the lower platforms on DL, sometimes i uthrow infront of a platform and hope that they DI onto it, at which point teleporting dair + floor hitbox -> dunno, fall through platform, jump up uair, which always autocancles, then they are setup for everything pichu has, above pichu, in stun, while pichu is lagless on the platform thinking. Prolly just fsmash tho if they havent displayed signs of asdi

What is you opinion on FH nair, FFing at a strategic time ICG? Like fox does. Hit with a weak nair at high %'s is awesome, sets up shiz and i believe it autocancles too but im not so sure about that, id bet it does though. Would atleast chain into utilt, and if your goin for a weak nair, they would be at utilt comboale % anyway.

Just like Marios dair, pichus fair autocancles on pretty much all of the lower platforms. Autocancel = 4 frames of lag and no need to be l-cancelled, so a grab from that you have only a disadvantage of, umm, 4 + 7 = 13 - opponents hitstun, so lets say a disadvantage of like 8, maybe 9 frames for a grab? Not perfect but we arnt falco, and thats still ridiculously quick - maybe quicker if fair gives more hitstun than i thought. I base that on 4 frames landing lag and 7 frame grab, marios stats but maybe pichus are the same.

I need updated vids of my pichu, he is very technical, my old combo video literally makes me shudder *shudders* cool music though, i bet most of the hits came from relistenings

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
It can vary depending on di but its full power nair.

F-throw shouldn't ever be used on FFers they also can easily get out and you could have done something better but I think F-throw nair is really good to use on puff maybe dair.

Well, pichu doesn't FF as fast as fox and his nair will be pretty weak you could be bair it auto cancels from a FH and doesn't get weaker but weak nairs are fun so maybe but it's fairly risky but heck your pichu everything is. you could also try FH dair it is hard to beat and you can still use your 2nd jump if you dair early. Just some ideas to throw in there.

pichu's auto cancel is only 2 frames of lag like his landing lag so yeah however the biggest flaw of pichu's fair being auto-canceled is well just look
F-Air

Total: 39
Hit: 10-12, 14-16, 18-20, 22-24
Auto Cancel: <9 34>
Landlag: 15
Lcanceled: 7
You have to at min wait 10 frames after your last hit to auto-cancel plus 2 frames of lag from landing lag then the fact each hit of fair is like 10-18 frames(doesn't add together just counts the last hit) of hitstun(depending on who you hit) really auto-canceling it will give you 5 more frames of lag.

Also if you are frame perfect you can pillar pichu/kirby by fair upair fair repeat but you have to be like frame by frame perfect and you rack up to much damage on yourself.

I would love to see some pichu videos also you have a much easier time on the Pal ver. you have no idea.

j3ly

Smash Champion
lol yeah i can imagine, harder to gimp fox, easier to be killed by fox, CG by shiek it just wtf. Makes the char unplayable without an awesome fox/falco to back it up, by which point u may aswell main fox/falco. Actually wait no, i have a fox for bad matchups but i dont main him.

I dont really understand this autocanceling bit, i get it but the 10-18 frames bit has confused me a little, ill try it out myself when i play a mate later today.

How is pichus matchup gainst jiggs? Uair becomes pointless, but nair pops her up for combos and nair+dair become more lethal. If bair never weakens which i though it did, on stages like DL could u dsmash then fall off stage and bair and make it back? Utilt must be ok, get a uair -> nair/ another uair, maybe one more hit at super low %'s under a platform all from utilt

Auto cancelling bair is haaard, the techskill behind is is easy enough, have to be very quick though, but actually mindgaming in a FH bair with no FF is nigh impossible.

All this pichu talk makes me want to call in sick to college 2mo and play melee now

EDIT: ICG can u explain, action by action, how to cancel pichus upB, your other post makes no sense to my brain. As simply as possible - as close to this format as possible with as few words as possible

1) Jump
2) Do upB within 1 frame, horizontally
3) Profit

Thats what i can make out, i can work out bits with the 2nd leg of upB myself, but atm all i want to be able to do is kinda dashdance with upB. Is that method above correct? Again i dont want to know the physics behind it or the hitboxes, just the pure simple method. Nobody did yet but i will be the guy who gets this moves properties noticed

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
Also you could just pick sheik and go lol I win you lose.

you can auto cancel fair but not till 10 frames after you get a hit when you can L-cancel after a hit for only 7 frames of lag. it would be near impossible to combo with an auto canceled fair

Vs puff it sucks but I like it you can sometimes duck under her bairs like someone was SH autocanceling bairs on me and I simply ducked under them I think pichu's small size is helpful here. Like you can't be rested so plus side-B is simply to good for puff's missed rest. You can sometimes slip in a wd under up-smash. You can get her to chase you up in the air up-B down under her and try to take control. Really I ran around waiting for the right time to mess with puff. I can't really just say come in nairing to up-tilt/up-smash and wait for an opening. I think pichu does decent vs puff. He is pretty hard to hit.

Really most match-up are about useing them to get inside and useing some of your tricks and adding some in I guess.

lol who needz learning

j3ly

Smash Champion
have you ever played pichu in tournament lol, whats the highest you over came out with him, monthly or not

Top Bottom