• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

LasT Smash 4 - 11/28-11/29 - Baton Rouge, La.

FakeGeorge

Smash Journeyman
Thanks everyone for coming. The turnout was a lot smaller than last time, but those who came made it worth it. Two days, while ultimately unnecessary, made everything pretty relaxed, and that was cool.

We had 32 enter Brawl Singles on Saturday. On Sunday, we decided to do a for fun draft crews and a $1 Random character/ stage - all stages on tournament. It was great. Here are the results:

Singles:
1: Gnes - Diddy/ Lee - MK/ Lucario -- [They split.]
3: Trela - Lucario
4: Hyro - Toon Link
5: Reflex - PT/ Wolf
5: Esca - Pit/ ICs/ Luigi
7: Jerm - Toon Link
7: Cyphus - DK/ Diddy
9: Justin - Wario
9: Ran Iji - Snake/ Marth
9: kismet - Falco
9: fakegeorge - G&W
13: Nick - DeDeDe
13: Arcadia - Falco
13: Xyro - Samus
13: NiTEZ - Diddy/ DeDeDe

Random:
1: Reflex
2: Lee
3: Kismet
4: Cyphus
5: Hyro
5: Arcadia
7: Justin
7: Randall
9: Katie
9: Roni
9: Trey

Trela

Smash Lord
Thanks for a great Tournament, George.

I'll do shoutoutz later, but for now, I just want to say thank you Lee, for making this Tournament one of the most enjoyable for me.

-Ran

Smash Master
People who didn't make it out of Pools: [in no order.]
RJ
Oath
Veaz
Katie
James
Curlz
Cows
Joey
Blaise
Blaine
Sarah
Li-D
Corey
Travis
Battou
Zigsta

Shoutouts to come after Saints game or Half Time.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
I bring dishonor on my family for not making it out of pools.

Shoutouts to likely come after the Saints game.

GOL | 482 | JSalt

The Folse Deity
NNID
JSalty
Shoopitybop Saints wooped em 38-17.

Shoutouts:
1: Gnes: Good stuff. I feel lucky to even get you down to 1 stock those matches. Sucks I had to play you first, but hey, hard tourney. Great matches with Lee. I was entertained.

1: Lee: I love you. That is all.

3: Trela: WhoTF? You keep proving why people call you "The Future," but that future may be coming sooner than people expected. To have Lee in awe of your game, that says a lot. I'm also sad you're not on the new TX PR. Prove it wrong. And now you're on the TX PR! We need to play soon. Hobo 21?

4: Hyro: Some say your DI is immaculate, but it aint Cajun! Good ****, my REAL friend. Thanks for hyping me up on Jerm. Stupid Mario Bros. on Random. :mad: But hey, you said top 4, and you got it.

5: Reflex: All I had on you was those pools matches, and I had to learn from there. Not an easy transition. I thought I had you on that waft, but YOUR DI was immaculate. GG's.

5: Esca: Look at dat boy from Beaumont. Never played you, but still, good placing.

7: Jerm: Arg... I hate Toon Links. I'm glad we entertained the crowd in our matches. I had fun, even tho I lost. But now you haven't 2 stocked EVERY Wario you've played!

7: Cyphus: Good stuff. That is all.

9: Justin JNIG: <-- Real name cancel. I am content with my placing. Hyro, do you understand what I mean?

9: Ran Iji: GG's in pools. Your Marth has a little bag of tricks, just need more exp with him.

9: kismet: What happened? I watched most of your friendlies, and you deserve better. My brother (Arcadia, also a Falco main) watched you and learned a lot. That goes to show how good you are.

9: fakegeorge: Didn't get to see like any of your matches. But that's ok, you did good well.

13: Nick: Quit SD'ing on me! Quit talking about the game like an old man. You're not even that old! But seriously, I'm glad you were a part of me getting better. I will teach you Wario, and trust me, it makes the game much more fun!

13: Arcadia/Teen Wolf: You lost to KT, on JAPES. GTFO. Jk, I hope you learned a lot from Kismet. You just need to think more, mix it up. I'm seriously scared of your potential.

13: Xyro: Your smack talk (and talking in general) is just hilarious. One fair at 0%: "AWWWW ****!" Too good. Keep bringing Trela everything.

13: NiTEZ: Didn't see you play, nor played you. Good to see you made it out of pools. You really aren't that bad, you just need to come to more smashfests and hangouts for experience. And friendly more people.

Kates893: Good times, good times. Always a blast hanging out with you. Glad you beat Arcadia, but he made it out of pools? Crazy. Just like some of those combos you pulled off, like that one on Curlz on Rainbow Cruise! That was sick.

Curlz: Quit giving out your money. You can play a lot of people to get better, but you don't have to put money on the line. And if you're ahead or you break even on money, that's when you stop.

Joey: I don't know if you'll see this, but GG's in pools. It's nice to see a new face, and hopefully you'll hang around.

Blaise: You're pretty good with different characters, and especially good in doubles, from what I've seen. I see the potential in you, just keep beating Curlz. ;)

Sarah: Always fun playing your Marth. GG's in pools.

Li-D: I didn't expect you to show up! Come to more tournaments! Play more people!

Zigsta: Sorry about you losing your wallet. I hope you get that all sorted out soon. Glad you could make it, and I'm glad we got some friendlies in. Great job on your documentary!

Batto: Thanks for the rides and stuff. I'm sorry about the miscommunication Saturday. Arc's got selective hearing. Once you get past those nerves, I think you should get a lot better in tourney.

Blaine: Thanks for backing me up in my matches. I could hear you and Lee, and you guys really helped me out. I got a huge boost of confidence heading into that 3rd match against Reflex. It's good to have you in my corner, and from now on, I'll be there to back you up. I'm sad you didn't get outta pools. You quietly keep improving.

Btw, Blaine isn't on your list, Ran, of people who didn't make the bracket. Just letting you know.

Overall, despite the low-ish turnout and no doubles the second day, it was still a blast for me. Everything ran smoothly, and everyone had the chance to play a lot of different people. Crews was too fun, which is why we should do it more often. Not only have I found the potential and confidence in myself, but I am also amazed by the potential in Louisiana as a whole. We are a force to be reckoned with!

Whoever has the replays of Jerm and I and Reflex and I, please put them up on youtube! I would greatly appreciate it!

-Ran

Smash Master
Singles:
1: Gnes - Diddy
-You and Lee was just too close to call. As always, you're a smart player with a crazy campy Diddy that makes all the smart moves. One day, I hope that I'll play you well enough that you'll walk away remembering it. =p
Lee - MK/ Lucario -- [They split.]
-Daaaaaaang. Why so good? You keep getting better and better every tournament. You've shown how far you've come since the last time you played Reflex.
3: Trela - Lucario
-Lee? When did you get so young. I swear, you were looking like a fifteen year old... Wtf? You mean, you aren't Lee? Oh snap. Glad that we could do some friendlies. Maybe next time we should do a full set of Marth vs Lucario since we split it 1-1 before we started bouncing to other characters.
4: Hyro - Toon Link
-Best Toon Link in the nation? I think so. You have become so much better in the past month or two. I'm starting to think that the only way I'm going to beat your Toon Link is by learning how to play the character. I heard you and Jerm talking about being Toon Link killers, so that might be the trick. =p Seriously though, we need to play a ton once your school winds down.
5: Reflex - PT/ Wolf
-It was fun meeting you and Kismet. Sorry that I played so shoddy in pools against you.
5: Esca - Pit/ ICs/ Luigi
-I told you Esca that you were going to do well this tournament. You down play how good you are in person, yet **** talk so much on the board. I love it. We didn't play once though. =(
7: Jerm - Toon Link
-I'm glad that we got to play in the tournament, and before it started. It really gave me a litmus test to see how far my Marth has come since I went to Hobo with him. You had annihilated me back at Hobo, and this time I was able to take you down the the final match of a set. I'm torn though about losing to you and Hyro. It's not like I'm losing to particularly good Toon Links.... I kid. Like I told the Snake board, I don't lose to good Toon Links, only great ones. I hate justifying a loss like that though.
7: Cyphus - DK/ Diddy
- We didn't get to friendly, but once again your monkey power ranks supreme. I hope that the friendlies I had with you two weeks ago helped you prepare since I haven't seen you around at all.
9: Justin - Wario
- Too good. My heart wasn't in fighting you before the tournament [for pools]. You're better than me right now, at least that's how I see it. You have the right [safe] mentality for this game, while I play like an approaching mad man. Your style is like a direct counter to mine. xd
9: Ran Iji - Snake/ Marth
-lrn 2 mk
9: kismet - Falco
- I enjoyed out friendlies that we did for around three hours on Friday. Your Falco is so safe.
9: fakegeorge - G&W
- Sorry for dodging your friendlies so much. I was trying to get matches in with everyone that I rarely play, and some of the new people that showed up. It was a fun tournament, but I think it was clear that in the future we need to only do one day.
13: Nick - DeDeDe
- One friendly! Woooo. <3 I'm glad that you showed up, and I hope that you're going to make it to more events in the future.
13: Arcadia - Falco
- You're coming along nicely, but your counter pick didn't love you at all. =D
13: Xyro - Samus
-Fun friendlies. I had some sinking feeling that we were going to play in the tournament during the matches so I started to change how I held my shield button to reduce my power shielding to change your expectations. I'm glad you're picking up another character, and that you've removed the MK ban at Hobo.
13: NiTEZ - Diddy/ DeDeDe
-Good job making it out of the pools. I didn't get to play/talk with you this time. You blend in too much! Make some noise.
Pool Players:
Katie
-Wut are you doing here little lady? I surely hope that after all the SDI training I gave you that this won't happen again. As always, I enjoyed chilling out with you, and our random matches.
Curlz
-Even though we mock you, you're getting better; however you're relying on crappy tactics to get damage. The reason spot dodge to Smash is working on some players is because thev've never seen it before since no one that is half way decent is going to utilize it. If you can spot dodge, you should have shielded. Look at what the best players do, and count how many times they spot dodge or roll. They just don't do it.
Joey
-I had fun in our pools match. If you're ever in the Nola area, you should try to get over to Dibbz so that we can improve your game.
Blaise
-It was nice to play you after the tournament. You showed me that my Marth's trickery only works against high level players since I know how they think since I lack high damage punishing strategies with him compared to Snake. Keep playing, you'll get there.
Sarah
-Like I said with Joey, you guys need to make it to Dibbz if possible. If you're willing to go to tournaments and drop twenty bucks, then you need to come to us to get better!
Li-D
-You're impressive. You need to find someone in your area that's a high level player and play them. You have potential.
Battou
-Stop choking. I'm so tired of seeing you not doing well in tournament. You're a good player.
Zigsta
-I honestly can't believe how bad you did. @.@ At Esca's you were doing so well before that Hobo tournament. Come on now Zigsta, you're better than this.
Blaine
-I wish that you could play with us more man. You can only become so good when you aren't getting challenged by people. It was fun chatting with you, and I hope you enjoyed your free meal.

Louisiana as a whole is getting stronger.

Airborne

Smash Lord
wow, these tournies are always interesting to look at, in terms of level of play. hopefully, i can go to one when i go to visit Leesville to see relatives...

lolleesvilleistiny

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
SHOUTOUTS:

Gnes--Fun chilling with you man. Boozer dittos are so serious business it's not even funny. We'll have to try teaming in low tier sometime--just be sure to channel that Diddy! :p Good stuff on splitting first!

Lee--I approve of your David West drawstring backpack. I didn't get to hang with you at all this time around, but I'm sure we will over winter break tournaments.

Hyrulian Johns--Didn't really get to hang with you this time around since my carpool had to leave early. Go to Chinese Inn Monthly so we can!

Reflex--So glad we got to have some friendlies! I definitely learned some new tactics, both from watching you play and actually playing against you myself. Hopefully you'll either come down to LA again over winter break, or I'll drive up to an AL tournament so we can meet up again! And if you ever need a place to stay, lemme know.

Esca--You're so lame for telling Battou what stages to ban against me! :p Our matches were fun--I never get to play Pit, and your Pit is way too effing good dude. I feel I'm slowly starting to understand the MU more, so watch out!

Cyphus--Your DK is so fun to play against! Sorry for the SD. :( I had to leave before we could get more friendlies in, but next tourney, let's get some. I'd still like to get some PT vs. DK matches recorded for MU discussion. :)

JNig--Glad I finally got to play you! I had heard you had improved a ton the past few months, and I gotta say, you most definitely have. That's a mean Wario ya got there. I got all my wallet stuff taken care of, so next time we'll actually do our MM. Oh yeah, and PX is gonna kill you for taking his colors!!

Ran--I had hoped to play you, but we had to leave early. Next time for sure! I think I'm starting to understand why I'm so inconsistent; I'll do my best to correct my ways and step it up next tournament. Glad to have someone encouraging me to do my best. :)

Kismet--Dude, when I saw you were in my pool, I was like "Oh crap, I have the PT killer in my pool." XD And you did kill my PT! Your Falco is seriously wicked. I'd love to get more matches with you in the future. And you, me, and Reflex gotta battle sometime!

Xyro--Glad we got to get some matches in--I hardly ever get to fight Samus, and it was a real learning experience for me! Your compliments still give me great pride and confidence. Hopefully we'll meet in a low tier tournament someday--you've got someone else from Austin to watch out for other than Bored!

Curlz--You know, for as much as people rib you, you're not that bad. Just stop doing MMs when you know you're gonna lose!

Katie--You died your hair. O.o

Fake--I'm glad we got to play finally! I'm gonna learn how to tech GW's dthrow and then challenge you to a rematch. :p

Battou--You're so fun to hang with, dude! Sorry for sandbagging in our friendlies--like I said, I promise I'm not doing it on purpose. Sometimes I just don't go all out if I don't feel pressured to win. I'm gonna get more Peach experience sometime over these next two weeks so that when I come back, I'll have your number. Go ahead and go MK; I'll just spike you. :p

My Slidell crew--Maybe you guys (and girl) will read this, haha. It's always such a freaking blast hanging with you all!! I can't wait to come back to The Dell so we can hang out as much as possible for a month! A lot of people say your real friends are the ones you meet in college, but I say otherwise. You all are lifelong friends I'm never gonna forget no matter what. On a Brawl-related note, I'll start practicing punishing rolling. :)

MasterDaveNo1

Banned via Warnings
@Ran Iji: Hyro is really good but Jash is clearly the best Toon Link followed by most likely Chip and I have absolutely no idea why people ever question that.

Good stuff, Trela and Esca. Xyro, you made it out of pools with SAMUS! <3 Lee Martin.

Doubles results?

-Ran

Smash Master
@Ran Iji: Hyro is really good but Jash is clearly the best Toon Link followed by most likely Chip and I have absolutely no idea why people ever question that.
That may have been true a month ago. Hyro is going to shock everyone at Pound. To be clear, this isn't from Hyro claiming anything, he's incredibly humble. I've played him enough over the past few months to see the incredible amount of improvement that he's had.

Ozz, I don't have anything on my Wii from the tournament. Lee and Gnes epic failed at saving their replays even though I asked them too. Lol.

MasterDaveNo1

Banned via Warnings
That may have been true a month ago. Hyro is going to shock everyone at Pound. To be clear, this isn't from Hyro claiming anything, he's incredibly humble. I've played him enough over the past few months to see the incredible amount of improvement that he's had.

Ozz, I don't have anything on my Wii from the tournament. Lee and Gnes epic failed at saving their replays even though I asked them too. Lol.
If Hyro was at Jash's level, 3rd is the worst he would have done at this event and he could have definitely taken the whole thing.

I think Jash's skill is a total mystery to most people since he doesn't travel much, lol. Jash beat ADHD, took Ally to last hit last game, beat Atomsk like two or three times, etc.

Not trying to be biased here...

We shouldn't turn this into some big debate about it. Just realize where most people stand about who the best Toon Link is and which one has the most real accomplishments by far. It's Jash.

GOL | 482 | JSalt

The Folse Deity
NNID
JSalty
I had my matches with Jerm and Reflex saved on Xyro's Wii, hopefully he'll upload them soon.

Yall aren't ready for Hyro.

We didn't do doubles. Not enough people.

Battousai780

Smash Ace
****, I love you people. Apparently, Im the choke-master. I agree. I need to change that ****!

Overall, Last was pretty awesome cause I got to see some of my favorite friends and play a game I love!

Lee Martin

Smash Ace
Yeah, Hyro doesn't have quite the accomplishments Jash has yet. YET... Pound 4 hereee we *** all over all the toon links. :) jk maybe

Blaino

Smash Cadet
Shout outs to everyone at LasT, sorry can't make an extensive list of everyone that was there but I'm lazy and need to get back to studying for finals. Love playing the game with y'all and bull****ing.

GOL | 482 | JSalt

The Folse Deity
NNID
JSalty
Shoutouts later. Shoutouts soon. Shoutouts whenever. Shoutouts never.

yall suck. Where's Inui/MasterDave when you need him?

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
I love how most of the posts in this thread are "shoutouts later." :p

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
Aight, now I'm ready for this. Gonna start out with:

Everyone: I want to say that I'm sorry to most of you for not talking much or saying much. I'm sure majority of you dk who I am(OoS) or knew I was even there to begin with. I'm probably LA's shyest smasher, but it was fun and I'm glad to see a lot of people came.

RJ:It's always fun hanging out and doing friendlies with ya outside of school, it's always funny to see something come up in the game that we've never seen from each other before. You're getting a lot better.

Hyro/Jerm:You both play superb TLs and simply outperform me everytime. Hyro you've gotten a lot better from what I've seen and good **** with Reflex too man, that was awesome. Jerm, I've heard a lot about you from Texas and it was great that I finally got to play you. But pretty soon, I'm gonna learn how to beat you both ;)

Gnes:When I heard you were coming, I didn't know what to do. I heard so much about your Diddy and was hoping that maybe I could learn something from watching you play or actually getting to play your Diddy. Good **** though, ****** the tourney. Hope to have a ditto with you one day, or atleast play that Diddy of yours.

Blaise:It was very nice friendlying you before the tourney. Great matches, we should play more, I haven't really seen you around other tourneys that I've been to.

Blaine:It's always fun playing your ZSS, as a matter of fact, I've gotten interested in using her and I'm training with her as we speak. Great matches in pools.

Oath:You really gave me a run for my money in pool matches and you've significantly improved since the last time I fought you at the last LasT. You're getting really better, keep it up and you'll be ****** a lot more.

Xyro:I've heard a lot of your Samus but never really saw it action. May I say that you have one of the most monstrous Samuses I've ever seen. It was nice playing you in pools and you're pretty cool from what I've seen. Hope to play you again sometime.

Li-D:Never really had the chance to play you or finally see you play much until now. It was fun friendlying you, I hope to play you again in the future.

Curlz:Never got to play you and I'm surprised you forgot who I was after you got so much hype to meet me at our first GW meeting. You've gotten better from what I've seen, but eventually people will catch on to what you're doing, got to mix it up a little. And um i'm sorry but um, how's that butthole feeling b/c I saw it get ***** good by dat ZSS player ;)

fakegeorge/Randall:Very nice and very cautious G&W. We played a very close set in tourney and I nearly made a comeback. We've never really talked or played until now, and it was very nice getting to play a G&W, I never really played any for experience offline, we should play more.

Lee:Never got to play you until now and I've been wanting to play you for the longest. You're pretty awesome and even though we weren't using our mains, it was hella fun. I look forward to playing you in the future. Good **** in tourney, spliting with Gnes.

Kates:I had heard much about you too, but never got the chance to play, see, or even watch you in action until now. I think you're awezomez and I can see why the guys like hanging out with you. We friendlied maybe once or twice, and you said a couple of things to me during our matches, I know you were probably expecting me to reply or something, but yea(LA's shyest smasher). If you teach me ZSS, I'll teach you Diddy, deal?:chuckle: Just remember: Don't hate teh nanerz if you cant spank teh monkeh! ;)

To Everyone that I didn't play/Wanted to play me: As I said before, I'm sorry. It was nice to see you all come out there and it was really fun. Probably would've gotten to talk, hang out, and play with you guys if I talked a lot more. I look forward to seeing you all again and playing against you at some point in the future or just hanging out and joking around.

To Everyone/Or just to those who hate Diddy:Suck on dis naner or choke on dees nutz. (Oh yes! Pun is very intended):p

Gnes

Smash Master
1: Gnes - Good job buddy. Keep it up
1: Lee-Winners was intense. And by intense I mean slow, campy, and mind racking. Your so smart I'm glad i got that lucky gimp game 5 to seal the set, my camp mode was running out of gas ^_^. Good shiz bro, next we **** winterfest.
3: Trela-Trel Trel!!!! Im so proud of you!!! I guess you are indeed the future. Can you sense me jv'ing you again? OH SNAP carpool crew was amazing once again. POP DAS TRUNK!!!
4: Hyro-Hahaha Pools was fun. I have too much confidence in my DI, I won't let you beat my snake again :). Sexy matches in winners, next time I won't DI into those Bairs lol. Gnes record against toon link....undefeated.
5: Reflex-Dude I love watching you play, so entertaining in and out of the game. I really wished I would have got some matches in with you but unfortunately didn't happen. Oh well, maybe next time.
5: Esca-Dang the hype killer lol. Thanks for driving to Last and being ****ing amazing in general, I always know the ride will be fun when im riding with you, regardless whos with us lol. One day I'm gonna learn Pit, and I'm dead serious. You make him look viable lol.
7: Jerm-High tier chr. Low tier person...hahahaha no no not kidding j/k maybe....*confusion attack*. U dont come over and play anymore :(. Stop losing bro, your from houston, the best brawl city in the world.
7: Cyphus-I am never not fascinated by your DK. I'll try to pick him up again, you really make him look amazing and the things you do...godly. Dont drop him dude, yours is so scary.
9: Justin-Great wario, im glad I've got good wario practice or you may have pulled a upset. Friendlies next time???
9: Ran Iji -We talk enough on aim :)
9: kismet-Our matches were interesting to say the least. Next time we play dont suicide your last stock on the first match lol. Also...pictochat is gay amirite? LLiving to 239%=I'm a DI joe now.
9: fakegeorge -Thanks for hosting the tourney...Next time make it one day so I can come back!!! I love Lousiana!!!!
13: Nick - Dude ur too ****ing pro, thanks for housing us, u need to roadtrip with Lee sometime, ill keep you entertained :)
13: Xyro - AL AL you always make our trips so fun with your jokes/mimics/story's. Beat reflex next time buddy. Also...next time im buying you a honey butter chicken biscuit. You'll be suprised. Its pretty excelllent. :)

*Kates Eight nine three-stop sandbagging snake eater, ur not fooling anyone. It was awesome hanging out with this weekend, see you at hobo. Will we ever friendly lol

If i missed anyone im sorry....im half asleep right now so I'll definetly get back to you later.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Dang Gnes, you just made my Black Bowsah sad. </3

Top Bottom