• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ITT Presents: Finals are over! Ohio Tournament 11/12

ithrowthings

Smash Lord
NNID
ithrowthings
Finals are over!

I decided to do a last minute tournament after finals week. I noticed no one was really hosting anything this weekend and with finals out of the way I figure, why not?

All I ask is that you don't go upstairs. (That's mine and my brother's rooms) And please respect my house (Don't break anything) If you do break something and it was an accident, I'll either take the cost out of the venue fee or have you pay for it. (This REALLY shouldn't even be an issue, the only things that you could break would be this giant glass cabinet, just avoid it)

If anyone wants to come over the night before for housing or needs housing after the tournament you are free to stay. I have a large couch and a small couch and tons of floor space.

I *might* be able to give people nearby a ride if they absolutely have no other way, but please try to find a ride, I really don't want to be driving people around everywhere.

Bring Setups

Bring Setups

Bring Setups

My living room and kitchen can comfortably hold about 25 people. If more people show up than that there is plenty of room downstairs for more people and setups.

I'm putting a limit of 60 people for this tournament (I highly doubt it will reach that many)

Ithrowthings' House
2271 6th St. SW
Akron, OH, 44314

Date and Tentative Schedule:

Saturday December 12th

10:00 A.M. people start showin up and we can do some friendlies, etc.
noonish Brawl doubles registration
4ish Brawl doubles ends, brawl singles begins
8ish 9ish, brawl singles ends

(If you are going to be late call me to register, otherwise you're out of luck. PM for my number)

Price:

$4 venue fee (completely waived if you bring a full setup. 3$ off if you bring a TV, 1$ off if you bring a wii. I'll be using any extra venue money to buy pizza and pop for everyone)
$10 Brawl singles
$20 Brawl teams ($10 per person)
$5 Melee Singles?

Prizes:

PAID IN CASH ON THE SPOT

Singles Payout
1st: 48%
2nd: 22%
3rd: 14%
4th: 8%
5th: 4%
5th: 4%

Doubles and Melee Payout
1st: 60%
2nd 30%
3rd 10%

PAID IN CASH ON THE SPOT

Brawl Rules and Format:

* 3 Stock Double Elimination

* 8 minute timer

* Items are set to "off" and "none"

* Bring your own controller

* All matches prior to Winners' and Losers' Finals are best of 3. Winners', Losers', and Grand Finals are best of 5

* The Stage Strike system will be used and explained for the first match of all sets, then after procedure is loser stage pick, winner character choice, loser character choice.

* In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors

* Dave's Stupid Rule: No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.

* In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS winner will get the last port.

* If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.

* Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned.

* Port slob picks: On a player's counterpick, that player may opt to redo the port selection process with that player or team picking their port first.

* Wiimotes and Classic Controller users should know to take the batteries out of their controllers after finishing a set; not only will this save battery life, but it prevents accidental intereference and delay for tournament matches.

* The Mages DQ rule: After a match has been called, if a player is two minutes late he will receive a warning. At 4 minutes late, he will be given a loss for the first game of the set. After six minutes, he will be given a loss of the entire set.

* If a game ends with Bowser doing his suicide klaw and it ends in sudden death, the sudden death will be ignored and that game will count as a win for Bowser.

*Standing Infinites are BANNED which include (but not limited to) Dedede's small-step chain grab. Dedede standard chain grab is fine.

* Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action.

* Stalling is banned. Any legal infinite chain grabs most end quickly after 300% has been reached so as to prevent excessive stalling.

* I am NOT to be held liable for your horsing around, if someone is injured or there is some form of altercation I am not responsible for either party.

Additional Rules for Double's

* Life Stealing is allowed

* Set team attack to ON

Brawl Stage List:

Starters:

Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi's Island
Lylat Cruise

Counterpicks:

Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi's Island
Lylat Cruise
Castle Siege
Halberd
Pokémon Stadium 1
Brinstar
Delfino
Frigate Orpheon
Pictochat
Rainbow Cruise

Attendance:

Ithrowthings
Ken
Flick
Zareidriel
Riddler
SmashMcGee
Chrome100
MegamanX10X
Links24
Dolphins22
Beegs?
Falco400?
Total: 10 (12?)

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Isn't Wings and Brew on the same day?

Edit: Yeah it is, but I'd still come to this since it's closer. Want to team if Beegs isn't able to make it?

Revven

FrankerZ
I dunno if I have the money (and if I do, it's the last of my tournament money), I also need to see if SFG is available to go this weekend. Other than that, I can't promise much.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Depends on if I have money for this or not.

Also, ITT, is there a bus that runs near your house?

This isn't at the gamehouse, right?

I would like to go if someone doesn't give me a ride to Wings and Brew, but I have a feeling you are going to change the date now.

If you do decide to switch the date, please make it for the middle of December...plox.

ithrowthings

Smash Lord
NNID
ithrowthings
I think the spots for WaB are filling up... I'm also going to my grandparent's on the 19th and lolis is on the 19th as well...

Day after christmas? Some random weekday? Same day? I'unno. I gotta focus on finals right now.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
If you change the date, then I definitely can't make it... pretty much no matter what you change it to.

Revven

FrankerZ
Doesn't seem like many are going to show up for this since WaB is on the same day. BUT, this topic needs to AT LEAST get some attendance.

Turnout depends on if I go basically. So this is essentially a bump post. :p

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Well, I can't go.

You talked about changing the date, so I didn't request the day off from work, and now I'm scheduled that day.

ithrowthings

Smash Lord
NNID
ithrowthings
Since attendance seems really low it may just be a free tourney unless everyone wants to actually pay. Bring some money for pizza still though.

I'll play tons of friendlies with anyone.

I'll probably also have call of duty modern warfare 2 setups and league of legends if anyone wants to play those. Maybe some Age of Empires 2. I'unno. This is turning into more of a LAN party than smash tournament. It depends on people's interests. If people wanna just play smash all night, that's fine with me we can all do that. If people want to play other games that's cool too.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Since you mention LoL... I can't get it to work for some reason. Doesn't seem to detect the internet (I opened my ports, checked the firewall, etc.)

Top Bottom