• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Birthday Smashfest/Tournament (NOVA) *Post poned*

The Cutting Edge

Smash Apprentice
Due to financial issues and stuff, I won't be able to hold the smashfest on December 27. I'll bump this thread again once I can get a confirmed date.

Birthday Smashfest/Tournament (Falls Church, Virginia)

Table of Contents
1 - What?
2 - When?
3 - Where?
4 - House rules
5 - Additional Contact Info
6 - Notes
7 - Possible attendants

1- What?
On December 27, I will be hosting a birthday (mine) Smashfest/tournament for Super Smash Brothers Melee. Smashfest/tournament is BYOC (Bring your own Console/Controller). If at least 8 players arrive and participate, I will hold a small singles tournament (double elimination) and if at least 12 can arrive, I might even hold a draft crew battle if everyone wants one. I'm not sure about teams yet, but if we can get at least 8 teams, there may be a teams tournament.

2 - When?
December 27, 12:00pm - 12:00am
Tournament starts at: 2:00pm
Draft crew start at: 5:00pm

3 - Where?
Falls Church, Virginia(PM me or IM me for full address.)
(Search it on Google maps or map quest if it helps)

4 - House/Tournament Rule Set
* Items are set to off
* The stock is set to 4
* The time limit is set 8 minutes per round
* All sets are best of 3 matches. Winners' finals, losers' finals, and grand finals' are best of 5. The winner from losers' finals has to win two sets in grand finals to win the tournament.
* In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors
* Dave's Stupid Rule (DSR): No stage may be played twice unless all players in the set mutually agree.
* Ties will be broken by lives, then percentage. In the event of a percentage tie, one stock sudden death will be played
* Wobbling is allowed except when used to excessively stall a match (up to 200%)
* Jigglypuff's rising pound stall is banned
* Peach's bomber stall beneath levels where she is unreachable is banned (example: FoD)

Set Format (in order of procedure)
1. Opponents choose their characters for the first match *
2. Each player may announce one stage to be banned for the entirety of the set
3. The first stage will be played at random from the Random Stage List **
4. The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Random Stage List or the Counter Stage List
5. The winner of the previous match chooses their character
6. The loser of the previous match chooses their character
7. Repeat steps 4-7 for all proceeding matches
*Double blind character selection may be called for this match
**Opponents may instead agree upon a random stage

Random Stage List
Dream Land: Fountain of Dreams
Kanto: Pokemon Stadium
Past Stages: Dream Land
Special Stages: Battlefield
Special Stages: Final Destination
Yoshi's Island: Yoshi's Story

Counter Stage List
DK Island: Jungle Japes
F-Zero Grand Prix: Mute City
Lylat System: Corneria
Past Stages: Kongo Jungle 64
Planet Zebes: Brinstar

Banned Stage List
DK Island: Kongo Jungle
Dream Land: Green Greens
Eagleland: Onett
Eagleland: Fourside
F-Zero Grand Prix: Big Blue
Hyrule Temple
Kanto Skies: Poke Floats
Infinite Glacier: Icicle Mountain
Lylat System: Venom
Mushroom Kingdom I
Mushroom Kingdom II
Mushroom Kingdom: Princess Peach's Castle
Mushroom Kingdom: Rainbow Cruise
Yoshi's Island: Yoshi's Island
Past Stages: Yoshi's Island
Planet Zebes: Brinstar Depths
Superflat World: Flat Zone
Termina: Great Bay

Additional Rules for Double's Play
* Life Stealing is allowed
* Set team attack to ON
* Add F-Zero Grand Prix: Mute City and Dream Land: Fountain of Dreams to the Banned Stage List

Additional General Rules
* no drugs/alcohol/smoking
* Players are responsible for knowing the rules. No more than the previous match should be replayed in the event of a rule violation and it is recommended that any disputes be brought promptly and quickly to the TO's attention.

5 - Additional Contact Info
AIM: KurtAngle020

If anyone else needs other ways to contact me such as YIM or MSN you can PM me with your addy or ask for mine.

6 - Notes
EPsilon933 with be recording tournament sets and draft crews (if any) and can record any friendlies/MM's not during tournament/crews.
http://www.youtube.com/user/UsurperKingZant

Food: There's a pizza place called Ledo Pizza only a few houses down from my house. I won't be able to pay for everyone, so please bring enough money to pay for your own meal(s).

Additional: If bringing any equipment is possible, i.e small t.v.'s, copies of Melee disks, gamecubes/memory cards, power surge protectors it'd be greatly appreciated. =]

7 - Possible attendants

Confirmed:
CoryHaze LemonBean
Dr. G
EPsilon933
Frozen
Sage
SypherPhoenix
The Cutting Edge
Vist

Likely:
ChRed
ephoenix6
Honto-E-L@wl
Kira (Not the guy from California, he just calls himself that)
Mew2King (see Vidjo)
Vidjo (he said he may be near the area during this time and might even be able to bring along Mew2King)

The Cutting Edge

Smash Apprentice
Lawl, no one says we can't team for fun if when you come. But someone's gotta reach Fardeen asap to ask him. I've left him a comment on face book and nothing yet. Oh and if anyone's got Ssb64 and a few controllers feel free to. =]

The Cutting Edge

Smash Apprentice
Due to financial issues and stuff, I won't be able to hold the smashfest on December 27. I'll bump this thread again once I can get a confirmed date.

Top Bottom