• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project WALUIGI - v0.04 - New Version In The Works

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
WALUIGI

This project has grown far too much to not have it's own thread!

Check out Waluigi in Brawl as you have never seen him before - as a playable character! Everyone waited for the day since the depressing announcement of Waluigi being reduced to nothing more than an Assist Trophy to where we would be able to hack the game and create a new character using his model in the game. The day has come.

Contributors

ChiboSempai Project Lead
PND Project Lead
MutantYoshi Texture Help

Currently looking for:
Advanced PSA Programmers - While new attacks are being made for Waluigi, we need someone to use PSA to program his attacks for him. Whether it be creating the proper hitboxes and timing for attacks or creating new special moves from scratch, this is an important part of the Waluigi Project.
Advanced Coders - While we don't need advanced coders locked into the Waluigi Project per se, the ability to create new characters isn't completely there yet. In his current form Waluigi is being replaced over an Alloy character, so we need to find a way to get Waluigi multiple team textures, his own sound effects, his own selectable spot on the character select screen, etc.

Changelist

v0.04 - Walking is semi-fixed, running and most attacks are fine. There is no more grabbing, so that glitch is gone. There is still a freezing glitch with certain types of landing lag and being footstooled. Many attacks have been tweaked, including the removal of the third part of his jab combo. There has been a lot of behind the scene work that will help the project later. A new ability has been added I'm calling a Special Guard, titled "Laugh it Off!"
v0.03 - The running glitch has been completely fixed, though there are still problems with walking. Waluigi's up air has been slightly changed. Waluigi now has a 2nd mid-air jump to temporarily compensate for not having a up B or the ability to ledge grab.
v0.02 - The size of Waluigi was fixed, more animations and moves have been added (including some of the first custom moves for the character), the ground moves have been fixed, and running has started to be fixed.
v0.01 - First official video reveal of Waluigi had a model replacement and most moves working (including all of Waluigi's own AT animations). Many glitches were present such as the unability to run/walk, ground moves made him sink into the ground, and grabbing makes the game freeze.

Download

v0.04
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=XO4LB4IS (MegaUpload)
http://www.mediafire.com/?mndnmtznotw (MediaFire)

Load Brawl with the gct file in the codes folder. This will allow you to select Red (or yellow) Alloy from the character select screen. Select the 2nd Captain Falcon character to access Waluigi. This code also includes other codes that are for Waluigi only, you need to use this code file instead of your own, even if you have a Custom CSS with your own codeset.

Known Glitches
- There is a freezing glitch related to some sort of landing lag. Refer to v0.04 Test Video 3 for details.
- There is a freezing glitch whenever Waluigi is footstooled in the air or on the ground.

Special Guard Technique

Unfortunately grabbing with Waluigi causes a game freezing bug, so that won't do... Also unfortunately, Alloys have no defense. Well, here is a temporary solution to both problems, a new technique I call a Special Guard. A Special Guard is done by pressing (what was formerly known as) the grab button while on the ground. This can be done while standing or running. Instead of grabbing, Waluigi performs this new special move...

Laugh it Off!

Introducing "Laugh it Off!," a new Special Guard ability only Waluigi can perform! Done by pressing the grab button, Waluigi laughs off all attacks that come in contact with him. Waluigi will still receive damage while laughing off attacks, but he will not receive any knockback. Laugh it Off can be performed while standing or running. Additionally, unlike other specials the Laugh It Off technique can be pivoted for a bonus in super armor frames.

Data:
Special Length is 45 frames
Super Armor Frames Begin on Frame 4
Super Armor Frames End on Frame 40
Pivoted Super Armor Frames Begin on Frame 2

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
WALUIGI DATA

This is where I will track a more detailed version of the changes in Waluigi's attacks and animations.

Animations
All animations are from Red Alloy unless otherwise noted.

Wait1 - Waluigi's Wait
Wait2 - Waluigi's Wait
Wait3 - Waluigi's Wait
WalkSlow - Samus' Slow Walk
WalkMiddle - Samus' Middle Walk
WalkFast - Samus' Fast Walk
Dash - Samus' Dash
Run - Waluigi's Run
TurnRun - Waluigi's Turn
JumpB - Waluigi's Jump
JumpF - Waluigi's Jump
Fall - Waluigi's Fall
FallB - Waluigi's Fall
FallF - Waluigi's Fall
FallAerial - Waluigi's Fall
FallAerialF - Waluigi's Fall
FallAerialB - Waluigi's Fall
Attack12 - Link's Swing3
AttackDash - Marth's Dash Attack
AttackS3Hi - Waluigi's Kick
AttackS3S - Waluigi's Kick
AttackS3Lw - Waluigi's Kick
AttackLw3 - Waluigi's Ground Stomp
AttackS4Hi - Waluigi's Racket Swing
AttackS4S - Waluigi's Racket Swing
AttackS4Lw - Waluigi's Racket Swing
AttackAirF - Link's Air Hammer Swing
AttackAirHi - Custom, based off of Marth's Up Air
AttackAirLw - Waluigi's Air Stomp
AttackAirN - Link's N Air
LandingAirHi - Marth's Up Air Landing
LandingAirN - Link's N Air Landing
Catch - Waluigi's Laugh
CatchAttack - Marth's Grab Attack
CatchCut - Marth's Grab Release
CatchDash - Waluigi's Laugh
CatchTurn - Waluigi's Laugh
CatchWait - Marth's Grab Wait
EntryL - Waluigi's Entrance
EntryR - Waluigi's Entrance
Lose - Falcon's Lose
Win1 - Falcon's Win1
Win1Wait - Falcon's Win1Wait
Win2 - Waluigi's Laugh
Win2Wait - Waluigi's Laugh
Win3 - Falcon's Win3
Win3Wait - Falcon's Win3Wait

Attacks
All attacks are from Red Alloy unless otherwise noted.

AttackS4 - Peach's Racket Fsmash with more damage and KBG.
AttackS4Lw - Peach's Racket Fsmash with more damage and KBG.
AttackS4Hi - Peach's Racket Fsmash with more damage and KBG.
AttackAirLw - Custom, similar to a mix between Snake's and Lucas' dair. Waluigi kicks 5 times ending with a meteor smash.
AttackAirHi - Red Alloy's up air with 90 angle trajectory.
Attack12 - Red Alloy's Attack12 with 361 angle trajectory and increased KBG.
AttackDash - Red Alloy's Dash Attack with increased KBG.
Catch - Turned into Special Guard
CatchDash - Turned into Special Guard
CatchTurn - Turned into Special Guard (pivoted version)

Alternate Costumes

Standard Waluigi

Canadian Waluigi

WaBLUigi

The Crimson Wa

Matrix Waluigi

Jungle Waluigi

Walario

Wa...Luigi?

Wariogi

Firey Waluigi

Ice Flower Waluigi

Fire Flower Waluigi

Dick Dastardly

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
WALUIGI MEDIA

Version 0.04

<object width="320" height="265"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/zEMvtpNy_BI&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zEMvtpNy_BI&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="320" height="265"></embed></object> <object width="320" height="265"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/p-beOyJddrU&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/p-beOyJddrU&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="320" height="265"></embed></object> <object width="320" height="265"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/TXENNyJKrcs&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/TXENNyJKrcs&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="320" height="265"></embed></object>

Version 0.02

<object width="320" height="265"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/6419Q74NzsU&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6419Q74NzsU&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="320" height="265"></embed></object> <object width="320" height="265"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/QhJO1Hv341A&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/QhJO1Hv341A&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="320" height="265"></embed></object> <object width="320" height="265"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/7v9I4PELh7w&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7v9I4PELh7w&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="320" height="265"></embed></object>​

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
Wow, does this look good...great job. I never thought Waluigi would be playable in Brawl, but here he is. I don't know if you plan on doing any other characters but I might suggest Dark Samus, Ridley, and Dr. Mario...anyways, you've done a great job with Waluigi, I fully support all other characters you may choose to do

Get A Load of This!

Smash Journeyman
Wow, does this look good...great job. I never thought Waluigi would be playable in Brawl, but here he is. I don't know if you plan on doing any other characters but I might suggest Dark Samus, Ridley, and Dr. Mario...anyways, you've done a great job with Waluigi, I fully support all other characters you may choose to do
Thing about the good doctor and Dark Samus is that they do not exist in the game already in some way. Last I remember, Ridley's model causes crashes or isn't visible, something like that.

Best of luck with the specials, by the way. Waluigi has so much personality, it's almost a travesty that he wasn't initially included.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Now we can have Luigi vs Waluigi. : D

Chibo. Can you use animations from other ATs?

If so, you can easily make a more unique moveset. :V

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
Thing about the good doctor and Dark Samus is that they do not exist in the game already in some way. Last I remember, Ridley's model causes crashes or isn't visible, something like that.

Best of luck with the specials, by the way. Waluigi has so much personality, it's almost a travesty that he wasn't initially included.
That stinks!!! Oh well, hopefully Sakurai will put 'em in next Brawl...well, at least Ridley and DS, then it'll be a complete game for me lol

joshl94

Smash Apprentice
in the videos do you have a code to have captain falcon be replaced by red alloy and it to not wreck your music?

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
yea, its just a Custom CSS, code for that has been out for quite a while

in my first DL of Waluigi I'll include my code file which has everything setup for vBrawl (unlimited replays, camera, red and yellow alloys selectable, sd file code, etc)

im not gonna worry about brawl plusing him till im closer to being done

PND

Smash Champion
Hey Chibo. I'm at work right now, but as soon as I'm done I'm gonna eat and finish the chop animation. I'll be going on a Coffee fueled bender until it's finished :laugh:

Any others you would like customized / tweaked? I might be able to change the Fair so that he legs flail when he does it (BTW, I love the new Fair), or make him move his other leg for the dair. Just little cosmetic tweaks or whatever, hit me up on AIM when I get on if you have any suggestions.

Great topic, BTW.

Boo Mansion

Smash Apprentice
This is looking great! I'm definitely looking forward to this project. Keep up the great work! I love how he's using the same nair as Mario and Luigi, which is pretty much the same as Wario's fair. All 4 have that kind of move now. xP

When we get to alt costumes, we definitely need Luigi colors. Since Luigi has a Waluigi colors outfit.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Waluigi has so much personality
No he doesn't, he was created for Mario Tennis, a game with no plot or canon gameplay...

Anyway, I'm tagging this project and I'm glad that it's actually getting off the ground.

Edit: What's that song on Delfino? I'm relatively sure I've heard it before yet I don't remember what it is at all.

Also, that Fsmash looks extremely satisfying to hit with.

PND

Smash Champion
Speaking of alt costumes, I have a ton of recolours I should send you Chibo. Another thing to send over when I get off work :laugh:

EDIT:

Take your pick
Purple w/ Dark Purple overalls (Default)
White w/ Purple Overalls (like a Waluigi Fire Flower)
White w/ Red Overalls (gOh Canada!)
Red w/ Black Overalls
Red w/ Blue Overalls (Mario)
Red w/ Orange Overalls
Red w/ White Overalls
Green w/ Black Overalls
Green w/ Blue Overalls (Luigi)
Green w/ White Overalls
Blue w/ Black Overalls
Blue w/ White Overalls
Yellow w/ Purple Overalls (Wario)

Boo Mansion

Smash Apprentice
For the stomping aerial, the animation doesn't quite fit in my opinion, I was thinking that perhaps it could be part of his dthrow or something. Like, Waluigi grabs them and puts them on the ground and begins stomping on them for a bit until they're get sent upward with knock back similar to Mario's dthrow. But that change could come far later. =P

Oh and would it be possible to use some of Waluigi's sound effects that are already in the game? Since his Assist Trophy has a few, it'd be a small start on his voice. He also has a jumping sound similar to Mario and Luigi's. You should probably add that too.

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
The song is Treasure Trove Cove Battle.
I can't find that specific remix of it anywhere. Any ideas where to find it? I've been looking for weeks. D:

Also, I somewhat agree with Boo Mansion. It does feel more like a dthrow than a dair, but meh. It can wait. So far, everything looks amazing. You might want to reduce the default landing lag on aerials next time though. I swear a third of each video was landing lag, which detracts from the awesomeness that is this Waluigi. D:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Has anyone ever considering using the Yellow Alloy's animations for Waluigi? I would've thought that his animations would be similar to Mario's animations at least.

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
I would gladly give you a hand if you need help, BrawlBox and PSA wise.

What are the codes we need for the alloys?

I was thinking of working on Knuckle Joe.

wilttilt

Smash Apprentice
If you need a custom animator, I'd be glad to help in any way.

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
so seeing as how it'd be incredibly difficult to custom make a character that doesnt already have a model in game, like doctor mario or dark samus, does that mean it'd be possible to make an isaac character?! oh god, if that was possible... i'd never stop playing brawl XD someone please say its possible

Gaddswell

Smash Cadet
Yes, Isaac should be possible! Don't think anyone's working on him right now though.

phantomphungus

Smash Journeyman
I'm for the idea of using peach's A combo but with a tennis racket. That would be kewl. :D

I think you should swap his first jump and second jump animations. That little fish dive/swim thingy not only is an epic jumping animation but looks better for a second jump.

No he doesn't [have any personality], he was created for Mario Tennis, a game with no plot or canon gameplay...
http://brawlinthefamily.com/comic151.html

http://www.brawlinthefamily.com/?p=791

Boo Mansion

Smash Apprentice
I think his up special should be similar to the swimming move that Waluigi uses in Mario Power Tennis (Called Swimming Return) and he also has a swimming move in Mario Hoops 3 on 3. Some sort of rapid swimming animation with water effects around it? Maybe his current jump animation, unless there is a better one. Perhaps the water/swimming animation from another character.

His standard b special could be "Whirluigi" which is where he spins his Tennis racket and creates a tornado/whirlwind in Mario Power Tennis.

Katakiri

LV 20
NNID
Katakiri
3DS FC
2492-5180-2983
so seeing as how it'd be incredibly difficult to custom make a character that doesnt already have a model in game, like doctor mario or dark samus, does that mean it'd be possible to make an isaac character?! oh god, if that was possible... i'd never stop playing brawl XD someone please say its possible
I know Dark Samus is a trophy, and there's probably a way to give them moves as well.....but that's a whole different can of worms.

....but yet....I have a strong urge to at least try to work on Toadette......*dots*

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
i think the problem with trophies is that the dont have and animations/bones, so it'd be really hard to do anything with them, but isaac has a 3d model, with one or two animations and a short voice clip... i really want isaac XD waluigi looks awesome so far though, i love it

Secretchaos1

Smash Apprentice
I know Dark Samus is a trophy, and there's probably a way to give them moves as well.....but that's a whole different can of worms.

....but yet....I have a strong urge to at least try to work on Toadette......*dots*
I was thinking the same thing with all the remarks about DS not having a model. If all the trophy models can be used there would be a ton of additional possibilities for characters.
On the topic of Waluigi, would it be possible to give him Peach's driver? The racket seems to be his main weapon, so it couldn't hurt to emphasis his purpose as a spinoff character by throwing in the club too.

PND

Smash Champion
The racket is part of his model -- it's either we use it or we don't. No swapping, no bringing it in and out depending on the move. At least not yet anyway.

Thunderspam

Smash Journeyman
As I said Chibo, I will take your Waluigi and get rid of that racket the second you release the download. Nyahahaha, Waluigi needs some attacks that don't use the racket!

The racket is part of his model -- it's either we use it or we don't. No swapping, no bringing it in and out depending on the move. At least not yet anyway.
Lulz, i canz do eet.

IndigoFenix

Smash Journeyman
Might I make a suggestion? He seriously needs a Tornado Spin attack, seeing as how that's one of his three unique signature skills (the others being creating purple vines and swimming through the air). Maybe for his Nair?

Also, he should definitely use a swimming animation for his second jump. He's WALUIGI.

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
I was thinking he could use Swimming as either his Side Special or Up special. Anyone who has played Mario Power Tennis would know why. It was his Defensive Power Shot in that game, so why not have an attack where he swims and then smacks with the racket?

IndigoFenix

Smash Journeyman
I was thinking he could use Swimming as either his Side Special or Up special. Anyone who has played Mario Power Tennis would know why. It was his Defensive Power Shot in that game, so why not have an attack where he swims and then smacks with the racket?
I would say the same thing, except that Waluigi, like the rest of the new characters, can't have Specials because they're based off the Alloys.

Top Bottom