• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Delfino Plaza Paths/Transformation Rules

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Just thought you might like to know.

1. You always start on the "default" configuration.
2. Each configuration is possible on one of two or three starting locations.
3. Each configuration has one of either two or four possible destinations.
4. From each starting location, a moving platform will continue onward in clockwise rotation from the graph below, and has a decently high chance of stopping at the next location it reaches, but also has a chance of skipping it by. Yes, it is possible, though exceptionally rare, for Beach to run the full circle and end up stopping back at itself.

Code:
PLATFORMS	SOURCE			DESTINATION
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Default		Start, City, Roof	Plaza, Beach, Stairs, Sunshine
\-/		Plaza, Stairs		Beach, Pillars
_-		Beach, Pillars, River	City, Roof
_-_		Beach, Sunshine		Plaza, Beach, Pillars, River

sunshade

Smash Ace
Great find Ankoku!

Just out of curiosity if the stage went from the river to the city would it always pick the roof the next time the stage visited the river or would it be a random transformation regardless of past changes?

Also does every destination have an equal chance of occurring when possible (assuming the second is true for the last question)? For example do the beach, plaza, stairs and, sunshine all have a 25% chance of occurrence if you leave the city?

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
It is always random each time the platform lifts off. I'm not exactly sure of the probabilities, but you can be pretty sure that the chances of getting Sunshine are much greater than getting Pillars from City, because it has to pass by and not stop at Sunshine, Plaza, and Beach in order to do so.

Basically, no matter which platform it is, it will always travel in the circle I've drawn (I think; I might be off on river, stairs, and roof), so it has more chances of stopping at the first one it can than passing by one and stopping at a different one. This is why you almost always stop at the Plaza first, but the Beach is still possible. Hell, for all I know, you have a chance of starting at the Stairs or Sunshine, but you'd have to skip past two transformations in a row for that to happen.

For now, you can assume a 70% chance of stopping and a 30% chance of skipping, so the chances of the City stopping somewhere would be:
Sunshine: 70%
Plaza: 30% * 70% = 21%
Beach: 30% * 30% * 70% = 6.3%
Stairs: 30% * 30% * 30% * 70% = 1.89%
Full circle and then Sunshine: whatever's left (0.81%)

MK26

Smash Master
http://www.mediafire.com/?zj2oddmz0yy for ZSS fix!
nice work, how long did it take?

hmmm...it it impossible for the platforms to have the same configuration twice in a row?

and would this mean that the most likely circuit is start --> plaza --> beach --> pillars --> city --> stairs --> beach --> pillars...etc?

Top Bottom