• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BIG Mirroring PSA, Brawlbox, File Hosting!

Super SGT. Ike

Smash Cadet
It's not everyday I help out the community, but seeing how this is a Brawl community and that there are certain individuals who are working on some promising developments, I could not sit back and wait for the next best thing. Which probably isn't as best a thing that you're probably thinking of, but I'm very sure this will please most who are interested in modding Brawl.

Behold, my online Brawl filekeeper (LMAO)! As I find more and more files hosted to several certainly more popular file hosting sites, all of which make you wait minutes before you can download... megaupload and rapidshare being the most common, and most difficult to work with... I crafted a solution. Since it hadn't already been done, And I am more than confident many of you can empathise the difficulties in finding files/tools to download for your various Brawling desires... I decided it was best that I begin searching for, downloading, uploading, and providing a permanent medium for this community. Thank me later. For now,

You can access the folder here to browse what I currently have uploaded.
And for those of you who have content that You would like to upload...
Go to my Blog <– here <– and contribute.
Thanks guys for the hard work you do. Now let's make it easier for others to enjoy your works as well!

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
...Can you not spam Digg stuff? I mean, what you're doing is slightly cool, but I honestly just want to bury those stories.

Super SGT. Ike

Smash Cadet
Whatever floats your boat guy. But you could at least have left a more remotely constructive comment. If this is an issue, i don't see how, then lets hear it.

Good or bad. Leave your thoughts.

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
So what, is this like a HTML script that uses the mediafire dropbox.js and puts modified files in folders for you on a premium account that doesn't belong to you?

Super SGT. Ike

Smash Cadet
you can upload whatever you want. all uploaded stuffs gets put in the "Worldwide" folder until i sort it out. if you want something deleted i will do it for you.

so far, all i got is a wobbuffet in a trenchcoat... lol

really, im doing this whole community a favor. it's not for my own personal gain. think of it as a random act of niceness. but if you think its a bad idea, then let me know why and i'll shut it down (to you guys). i'm just tired of seeing megaupload links and having to download the exact same data you'd get anyway if you didn't have to go through captcha text boxes and 45 second wait screens. As a matter of fact, i think that's a major reason why to skip over links you'd consider getting in the first place.

All i'm offering to you guys is a free method of hosting files and getting stuff (free to you of course, i just happen to own a Pro acct.). if you've downloaded anything from rapidshare or megaupload or any other similar site, just upload it to my account - copy and repost links into their respective threads. I don't see how this is a bad idea.

If you think it's a good idea, tell others. I'm sure one of my links will work better than one of yours.

*edit*

I'll make a "Textures" folder for you guys. Upload them (with proper names please!) and i'll repost them there.

Super SGT. Ike

Smash Cadet
it's in the first post above, but go here if you want 2 upload.

Also, if you think this uploading ordeal is a good idea then could you reference this to others who have stuff they want to put online? It'll help out lots. Thanks.

mofo_

Smash Ace
oh okay it works now! earlier when i pressed select files it didnt do anything...

edit: is there a way to upload files directly from a different website?

Super SGT. Ike

Smash Cadet
hmm, i'm not sure yet. I'm still doing my homework, and so far this is what i've put together. I never read anything about uploading files from different sites. However, if you have the files on your hard disk drive you can upload them with no problem.

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
just paste the direct download link in the file name field and press enter, and wait a few seconds. If it isn't a direct link then you're out of luck.

Eldiran

Smash Lord
Very nice idea! "Unfortunately, there was an error..." I tried to upload my Car-less Port Town Aero Dive, but the upload failed. This may or may not be because I am behind a proxy, but for the record, I can upload to mediafire with no problems (usually).

EDIT: Also, it would be nice if these weren't assumed to be Brawl+, since there seems to be no other folder. I know most of these files are fully compatible with any Brawl hacks.

Super SGT. Ike

Smash Cadet
No worries, i'm doing the best i can to help you guys out. If your file is on mediafire already then send me the link(s) of what you want posted.

EDIT:

mofo_: also, if i do post there, will it be in an area solely for Brawl modders? I don't want ol' schmoes posting just anything to this web folder. LOL

Oh, and the reason I have a Worldwide folder is to serve as an Inbox (apparently because they'll only allow one dropbox and plus because it's simply too tedious to make every folder a Dropbox). This reduces clutter and allows me to accurately manage what's been uploaded to be sorted out and categorized as we go along. Pretty niffy, eh?

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
Agreed w/ Eldiran, this is actually a pretty good idea. It's a nice way to organize downloads. I'll add this topic to the Welcome Wagon Directory now, so if anyone needs a place to upload their stuff, they know where to go =)

Super SGT. Ike

Smash Cadet
Thanks a bunch Bionic Sonic! I needed a better way to get the message out! But I still want this system to be based solely on Brawl modfications media.

And again, Thank You!!!!

Super SGT. Ike

Smash Cadet
koolness. as of now, i'm going through threads getting links to as many relevant files as possible.
>>

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Agreed w/ Eldiran, this is actually a pretty good idea. It's a nice way to organize downloads. I'll add this topic to the Welcome Wagon Directory now, so if anyone needs a place to upload their stuff, they know where to go =)
...Well ****. -.o'

I thought that was kinda pointless at first to be perfectly honest, but if our neighborhood friendly Bio Hedgie and Eldiran agree with it, who am I to judge. XD;

With that said, since I somewhat do the same thing whenever someone can't find something and I have it, lemme know if you need any extra hands buddy. :3

mofo_

Smash Ace
its a good idea because since he has a premium account, he can put embeddable dropboxes so that anyone can access it, and mediafire is the best file hosting site!
- direct linking, meaning you dont have to press "click here to start download" and occasionally get redirected to an advertisement
-upload from a website
-redundant backups
-100 GB vs basic account 200 MB
-bulk download , selected files will be put into a .zip folder :o

anyways those are the good thingsss so yeah!

@Super SGT Ike , look for illianalex24's threads about brawl hacking files and tools...surely you can mirror those, or click my sig and mirror those too

Super SGT. Ike

Smash Cadet
@Wave If you've got any important stuff - and i mean stuff that people ask for all the time - or, if you simply have something and think it would be cool for others to have as well (texture edits (actual .tga's or .png's etc), code, screenshots, etc, whatever) you can upload it to my web server. I'll sort the various things out and keep them as organised as possible.

@mofo_ Hey thanks for the support! I will definitely get those files mirrored for you, and you can help too if you've got files you want/need to upload - just hit my Blog. I'll try and see what illianalex24 has got, upload it, and organize it. So far, whatever content that is Uploaded gets placed in the folder "Worldwide" by default, giving everyone a quick look at the recent uploads while still giving me time to organize.

Oh, and MP3's are always welcome! You'll find the links to these types of files in the "Music+" folder.

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
I'll mirror Wherewolf's texture pack and a ****load of BRSTMs from myself.

As for the new interfaces, would we ever get a method to upload multiple files at once?

Some of the interfaces refuse to work too.

Super SGT. Ike

Smash Cadet
I wish I could code my own. Sadly mediafire does pretty much everything for you. The only thing i'm really able to do about it is add more of those boxes on my page. I can add ten more of them if it helps any.

Super SGT. Ike

Smash Cadet
It's not beneficial if everyone downloads the entire Brawl+ folder or any FOLDER - it runs my bandwidth into the ground really quick, and after that NO ONE gets any downloads. Then that just shuts everything down, as my current account has 100gb of "Bandwidth" and 10 gig max file size upload. That doesn't mean to go and exploit it. Note that 10 gigs allots only 10 downloads of such a file.

I'm sorry, but I will not support the downloading of folders at this time. By allowing it, it will cost myself too much bandwidth, and it will also cut off everyone else who needs access to these files. Therefore FOLDER DOWNLOADING isn't in the best interests of this cause, in which this cause is to 'Share'. I hope you can understand.

Olimario1892

Smash Apprentice
So if I were to upload all of my brstm's would they have to be named specifically. For example:

I have a brstm named "Freezeezy Peak", would I have to rename it "Banjo Kazooie: Freezeezy Peak"? Would I have to include my username to?

Top Bottom