• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Darklink Presents "Kamikaze Short Notice Tournament V2" Tempe, Arizona Results

Brawl Singles

1. Arizona > New Mexico (*cough Darklink) (MK)
2. Kiraflax (Pit/Rob)
3. JustinKamikaze (Snake/Olimar)
4. Rocstar (Snake/Metaknight)
5. Hadesblade (Yoshi)
5. Roark (Rob/Toon Link)
7. Bloodhawk (Snake/Marth)
7. Duff0 (Marth/Fox)
9. Silly Kyle (Peach)
9. Dr Cosby (Metaknight)
9. Dk Speed Dk (Diddy Kong)
13. Arod
13. Black Crismon
13. Death
13. Yan
17. Saffy
17. Tommy
17. Burt
17. Rinku

Brawl Doubles

1. New Mexico's Next (Darklink and Justinkamikaze)
2. Dino Negro (Kira and Hades)
3. TDK and Samboner (Jard and Duffy)
4. Chest and Hair (Safara and Bloodhawk)
5. Team Oblivion (Dark and Light)
5. Deep Throat (Silly Kyle and Tommy)
7. Speed and Burt
7. 1.21 gigawatts
9. Death

Draft Crews (10 vs 10)

The prefix in front represents what team they were on
Darklink's/Jards Team = (DJ)
Justin/Bloodhawks Team = (JB)

(DJ) Silly Kyle 1 stocked darkshifter
(JB) Duff0 3 Stocked Silly Kyle
(DJ) Darklink 3 stocked Duff0
(DJ) Darklink 2 stocked Light
(DJ) Darklink 1 stocked Bloodhawk
(JB) JustinKamikaze 2 stocked Darklink
(JB) JustinKamikaze 2 stocked Dr Cosby
(DJ) Kiraflax 1 stocked JustinKamikaze
(JB) Burt 1 stocked Kiraflax
(DJ) Roark 3 stocked Burt
(DJ) Roark 1 stocked BlackCrimson
(JB) Tommy 3 stocked Roark
(DJ) Dk Speed Dk 2 stocked Tommy
(DJ) Dk Speed Dk 2 stocked Rikku
(DJ) Dk Speed Dk 1 stocked Arod

Darklink/Jard win with 13 stocks remaining

Thank you everyone for coming!!!
Can't wait for the next tournament :-)

SHOUTOUTS TO COME

Duff0

Smash Ace
Darklink - Thanks for hosting. Debating with you guys was so much fun.
Kira - Good Games, be prepared for next time >:D
Justin - great to see you!
Jar'd - see justin
Roark - sorry if I offended you with my sandbagging. At that point I was extremely tired of Brawl
Bloodhawk - awesome meeting you, dude!
Kyle - your awesome!
Yan - funny
Saffy - i love you! thanks for cheering for me in my matches
Tommy - deeply offended by what you said to me after what i said about Tekken
Casey - your cool man
Dallas - blackest kid ever

I had a good time

johnnylaw505

Smash Journeyman
DarkLink: Too good.
Hades: I shouldve played my kirby against you. At least I took a match (but you were playing falco ha)
Roark: Teams was great, gotta play sometime soon.
Duff0: your dis game is top tier
Yan: "This city does not have hard drives!"
Saffy: Great first round, sheer fun.
Burt/Speed: Great meeting you guys (I'm Dr.BillCosby)

We should hold more tourneys! once a month? ja'mon. Hey anytime anyone wants to play just hit meh up! seriously!

Saffy

Smash Ace
Chris/Darklink - Lol chris I hope you like the poliwhirl :D Also was wondering if you'd help me with mk :)? Anyways those doubles matches were fun!!! Next time we will get you D:<

Kira - =[ Your donkey kong is disgusting, BUT good job on 2nd :D You did really good keep up the work, Your pit cant be gayer XD
Justin - SOOO happy you liked Arbok, i had fun playing you in doubles :O You are soo good!! Hopefully you find a good partner X3

Rocstar - =[ Not sure who you are but gj! lol

Hadesblade - :) Your yoshi plush is too cute and grats on 2nd in Teams :>! Also loved your shirt /wants

Roark (Rob/Toon Link) - :O You had an awesome ROB Keep up the good work :> I dont think we've met before, but it was nice meeting you!

Patrick/ Bloodhawk - THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for teaming with me , I tried my best :D We should team another time possibly :p Im happy we hung out! Your such a cool guy /hug Can't wait to see you again! Hope Vulpix is doing good :D

Duffy - <333 I love you too :D XD You using my tag made me happy! You are soo HILARIOUS!! GAHH YOUR AMAZING I can't wait to see you again as well!

Silly Kyle - Gosh I wish you lived closer, I love being around you :p You are still my favoritest smasher<3 =] SEXY PEACH

Dr Cosby - Omgsh good games XD I got ***** in that mk ditto, Your DDD was nice too :O You did very well!

Dk Speed Dk - We had fun in doubles friendlies :p! haha we should play again next time

Arod - Nice Lucas, was nice meeting you!

Black Crismon - Good **** with sonic :p i bet those matches against tommy were intense

Death - GG's in doubles ;O Your ganon is fun to play!

Yan - :D Moo? XD I dont think we played or talked :<

Tommy - :) haha I love you too, your amazing but I am not drinking that egg nog shake ewww!! Must finish that friendly someday...

Jard - XD Funny **** with Duffy in teams :p You guys are the best fox team

Dark - :) Nice to actually meet you, Intense matches in doubles :O you made me giggle sometimes too xD

Light - Daww you are soo sweet, :) Thanks for asking me to play friendlies with you even though I got *****... Your peach is INSANE, ;_________;. I am also glad we got to talk, I don't think we have before this though I've seen you a few times before, So yay. I can't wait to see you again! PS: Your shirt is amazing /steals

The BlackChrimson

Smash Apprentice
Ah, what a ride. I'm glad my money didn't go to waste, and I actually won a round this time ._.;
yeah, that match against Tommy was intense, but it was the hype that got the nervs grilling.

Silly Kyle - In that friendlies, I almost had you! Too bad my ride was there...oh well, I doubt it would've made too much a difference. But be warned, by the looks of things and how they go, I just may get you next time.

Tommy - Good game, man. That was frickin' nuts... @__@ I really need to work on my Snake experiance and DIs though...I might've gotten you in the second round if it wasn't for me running into one too many uptilts ^^;

Dr. Cosby - That was good...but next time, I'm not going to toy with ya'. I was in so much shell shock from the match before with Tommy, I couldn't pull off my tricks. Until next time...muhahaw

Death - Thanks for the bouts earlier today. Without your help, I don't think i would've found my game at all. :3

Kira - Congrats on breaking your curse this time!

Chris - I never got the chance to go against you...maybe next time?...

DK Speed DK - Your Toon Link is frickin' nuts man! Ohhh, just wait bro, just wait n' see what ole' unky-D has in store for ya' next time...
...just might be me getting my *** whooped again though XD

johnnylaw505

Smash Journeyman
Black Chrimson My palms were so sweaty I thought my controller was gonna slip outta my hands.

Did anyone see how close that last match was?

The BlackChrimson

Smash Apprentice
Black Chrimson My palms were so sweaty I thought my controller was gonna slip outta my hands.

Did anyone see how close that last match was?
That's what I get for being careless... l3

You spam a tad much, but with my carelessness, I blatantly walked right into it. For a tip, you'd have to be a bit more ranmdom, as opposed to some kind of paddern that involves spamming too much.
But then again, I lost the match...who am I to toss advice? ^^;

Blood_Hawk

Smash Lord
Today was pretty awkward for me to say the least being away from my usual scene. I kinda felt more like an outcast than an honorary member of the AZ scene aside from a few people despite how friendly I am. I'm probably taking this a bit too serious, cause I'm sure some of you were just giving me a hard time, but I don't really blame myself too much considering I don't really know you all that well yet. What with some select players whispering about me within earshot at my first tourney when I didn't do anything negative towards them. Kinda put me on the spot and I felt super awkward is all I'm saying. ^^;

That being said, it was cool meeting everyone at my introductory tourney to AZ. Thanks to all those who made me feel welcome. I had a blast for the most part. Anyway, on to the shoutouts.

~Shoutouts~

~Duffy - You are a really chill guy, it was nice chatting with you. We'll have to play more in the future. I truly do feel I didn't make an effort to get to know you as well as I should have, I'll make up for it next time. ;3

~Hades - Your Yoshi is something I had yet to experience. I had NO IDEA he could do any of that and got taken totally by surprise. Good matches. If it's not too much to ask, next time you come, I'd like to get some friendlies. I really want to learn that match up.

~Tommy - You are so ****ing chill. It was awesome chatting with you and all that jazz. You are sooo **** funny. I hope I see you around a lot more.

~Silly Kyle - You are hilarious man, rad Peach and intense set. You **** a Japes. As with Duff, I really feel I should have gotten to know you better. Hit me up next time for some friendlies or a chat. :)

~Yan - You are awesome man, was cool chatting with you about school and such. Sorry I couldn't stay for the lan party. At least now I know someone to talk computers with. Thanks again for the hospitality. :D

~Light - You are an extremely smart player and adapt very well, thanks for the friendlies. Your Peach is the best I've ever played by far. Beastly.

~Jar'd/Javier - lol, I still can't get over Javier. I'm going to call you that from now on. Your quips are very funny. I can always pick you out of a crowd with that mouth of yours. Hard to believe you are only 14.

~Chris/Darklink - Thanks for hosting and congrats on the win. You are a smart player. I really wish I would have gotten a chance to play you in a set or maybe even some friendlies.

~Kira - Who plays Pit? ._.

~Tai - Sorry if I butchered the spelling of your name. I had so much fun playing Melee with you. It was so cool that you came by even though you didn't play Brawl. I'll do friendlies with you anytime in Melee. You are at a very amazing level. Just shows what one can do if he's dedicated. You really make me wish I still kept up on my Melee skills and didn't drop it completely after Brawl hit. Maybe after months of training I'll be able to compete at that level again. :D

~Everyone else - Sorry if I didn't meet you and or play you, I'm usually an outgoing guy, but I felt very awkward being this is my first AZ tourney. Everyone seemed to be expecting so much from me, but all I really wanted was to play, have fun, and get to know my new family since I'll be spending a lot of time here. Hit me up next time for friendlies, etc. I'll even have a chat if you so choose.

Special Shoutouts

~Bryce - Thank you so much man, you really made me feel at home today. From your post earlier I thought you weren't gonna show, but when you came up to me and held out your hand for a shake and asked how I was, it gave me such a big smile. It did me so much good, feeling so out of place at the tourney to have someone give me that friendly gesture. You were one of the only people I met once before prior to this tourney who actually took the time to seek me out and treat me as one of your own. I really appreciate it. ^.^

~Justin - I have much respect for you man. You are the friendliest guy and another one of those people who made me feel like an AZ smasher and not something else. I really enjoyed talking with you and just hanging out with you in general. I didn't know how much I was gonna like the Arizona scene, but for the times I've been here, you gave me plenty to like about it. Don't change for anything. :3

~Saffy - OMG Vulpix was so perfect! I had an amazing time hanging out with you and teaming. You were like my tournament buddy. Thank you so much for that plush, it made my day. I carried it around everywhere and set it on every TV. I'm totally taking that to every tourney I go to along with my Lucarios. Even when you left, looking at that Vulpix, it was like you were there with me. (I hope you enjoyed looking after my bigger Lucario plush today as well. He's so adorable. x3) Thanks so much again. :3 You made me feel really comfortable and eased the awkwardness I felt. Thanks for treating me like an Arizona smasher. Words cannot express my gratitude. Not only are you an awesomely legit and real person, but you are an amazing partner and we synced well together. We only lost to Justin/Chris and I wonder what would have happened had we versed the other higher placing teams. X3

DK SPEED DK

Smash Apprentice
Darklink - Your meta kinght is sick good gob winning.

KiraFlax - You got second i knew that black power would come through!

Jard - you are the were FUNNIEST PERSON THERE.

Hades - good friendlies ill play you online sometime.

Rorak - Good job in the tourne i like your toonlink.

Blood Hawk - Cool friendlies in doubles

DK SPEED DK - You are probably the best diddy in AZ keep up the good work!

Black Crimson - KEEP PLAYING SONIC!!!

Saffy - Yours so good in doubles its really hard to kill you.

Roar

bloodhawk I knew you were listening the entire time even though I really didnt say anything other than answering Kira lol. thats why it was so funny. No seriousness intended from me, I was just baiting Kira to say more stupid things

and sorry I couldnt really hang out with you, I'm always so busy playing and running the tournament/crews/power ranking discussion that I never really talk to anyone other than like Jard, Justin, Duff0 or Kira. We will definitely chill and hang out at New Mexico since Im not running anything

and I only played like 3 friendlies the entire time after singles started cause I was so busy >.> (but I won a $5 dollar moneymatch against Hades lol)

Duff0

Smash Ace
If I had said anything to offend you BloodHawk, sorry. The honesty (or just saying stupid things) of some players here is unnerving sometimes

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
Chris: Good stuff I guess; you shoulda played some melee yesterday. I woulda showed you some Falco sh*t (had you asked)

Jar'd: Thanks for the shell

Duff0: Play more melee

Silly Kyle: GO PEACH

Dr Cosby: It was cool hanging with you; hopefully we can go to New Mex

Black Chrimson: You're welcome; hope you can get a controller for yourself eventually

Saffy: Hi

Tommy: Hi

Karl: Thanks for driving. YC's is too good :D

Brandon Potter: I dunno if you'll read this since you're like never on the boards. GGs toda..... yesterday. Something I noticed is that you seem to get really mad when bad things happen to you in game; try to convince yourself that friendly performance (i.e. number of stocks taken, winning/losing, etc) doesn't matter and that you're only playing friendlies to get better at the game (unless it's a seriously, in which case both people want to win because of some sort of competition, but VS. me, they're just friendlies). Take note of that actually. ESPECIALLY don't focus on number of stocks taken; it's a very very inaccurate judgment point for how close you are to someone or how well you're doing.

CHUCKIE: OMG I LOVE YOU <3 I can't wait to hang out with you again. I know you won't read this but w/e

shoutouts i forgot

Light: Team with me at New Mexico! we'll **** Axe + anyone! :D

Blood Hawk: It was pretty cool playing with you and talking and stuff; it's obvious you weren't bad at the game before you started playing Brawl

The BlackChrimson

Smash Apprentice
Yes! Thanks for loaning me the controler for the day... ^^;
And yes, I really need a new one. I'll be hunting for one for a little while, so while everyone's in NM, that might give me some time.

Thanks again

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
****, draft crews sounds like a **** load of fun. permanent addition to your tournies?

Congrats to Kira for placing especially better than usual.

wtf tommy
(but nice team name)

Blood_Hawk

Smash Lord
Thanks for your understanding guys. I seriously doubt any of you meant to offend me in any way. (I think, lol) I've never really had an opportunity to be in an active scene due to where I lived, and only really got that experience when I'd take off to Michigan for two weekends out of a month. I was kind of an honorary member of the Michigan crew who wasn't actually in Michigan, but it still wasn't the same as actually being part of the main scene/crew. I just always wanted something like that. A scene to hang with / grow as a player with.

TL;DR version : MW is a lot different from here and I just want to get better and have fun.

Edit: No harm done Duff, from what I gathered from your personality, you don't seem like the type to talk bad behind someones back. I just heard whispering and it put me on the spot cause I felt you guys had some type of problem with me.

Chris, sounds good man. I'm really looking forward to traveling to New Mexico with you guys.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
Draft Crews were fun, but way too many people.

It needs to be 3v3 or around there
i don't think 3v3 is fun except for the six people involved unless regional pride gets brought into the picture

if it's a big draft crew battle, everyone's involved and it's exciting, except the problem was that Casey made fried bread. Also, the crew battle became uninteresting once it was obvious that Team DJ would win (i.e. 3 out of the 4 good people on your crew getting taken out, still leaving 3 or 4 good people on their side)

Gah777

Smash Lord
I'll be down to help you Safara!
Nah the next tournament will be black crismons tournament on january 3rd
Wait so you're not hosting one on December 19th? Also if I can make it to black crimsons tourney I'm considering entering doubles and might need a partner if I can't find one myself. Also, if my friends can't give me a ride, would anyone be kind enough to stop by mesa?

Saffy

Smash Ace
I don't think I'm going to crimsons , where is it located?>_>, Is it in Phoenix or something. If it's more than the drive to your house chris I probably can't make it =[

Next tournament I run will most likely be pools for many good reasons

It lets everyone get their money's worth by playing a lot of people in a competitive setting and that makes people improve more as they are garanteed a lot of matches whether they win or lose

And I also open my doors to ANYONE who wants to come over and play me for hours.

One of the main reason I improved at this game was because I would just go over to Justin's or
someone's and just get pounded on for hours while taking advice from them.
So as long I'm not busy (which is generally most of the time) and you want to come over to just chill and play, ANYONE is more than welcome to come over

And yea Safara its in Phoenix but maybe you can ask like bryce/kira for a ride since they live around there.

And if anyone needs a ride you can take the light rail or bus or whatever to my house and we can go in carpools or something

Jar'd

Smash Ace
Yay shoutouts​

Chris: lol too much fun. The lan party Friday night as ******. You should've stayed up with on Sunday and gone to the Waffle House (even though it tastes like ****). I want to win teams next time.

Kira: Don't get so butthurt over Dallas's **** talk lol. If he hated you as much as you think he does, he would never want to hang out or anything. It's just funny lol. Also dual curse break gj.

JustinKamikaze: You're a money stealing *****, but I still love you. I'll get you next time.

Rocstar: Good job earning respect and turning rap into an unbelievable situation.

Hadesblade (Yoshi): Finally took a match off me! You'll get there eventually. Just airdodge more and be less nervous! Also you're too **** at Empire Earth. "I've played RTS a little" my ***.

Bloodhawk: You're too tight son. We need to hang out more. Also, where's that top 2? Yoshi is too crazy haha. :p I don't remember saying anything, but if I did, I really don't mean it lol. The crew battle should be pretty obvious that I **** talk everyone no matter how much I like them. Come to my house and let's smash sometime.

Duff0: I love talking to you just because of all the wordy jokes you say. Our Foxes are also way too good, we would **** anyone in a mid tier doubles tourney. You're a ***** to argue with too cause you actually know what you're talking about lol. :p

Silly Kyle: I ****ing love you man. You're still way too funny. I'm glad you take the time to come up to Phoenix for all our tourneys. Peach is too sexy.
Dk Speed Dk: You're cool and keep getting better. Hope you make it to more tourneys and
improve. We need a Diddy main to give the scene some experience.

Yan: Lanning was ******. Thanks for getting it all setup.

Saffy: Think you can bring me a blastoise plushie next time? :p I still like you no matter what I say, it's always good to have some more smashers in the scene that are actually nice haha.

Tommy: We didn't talk enough about fruity pebbles dammit.

Top Bottom