• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

12/5/09 MOST ANGRIEST SHINOBI (M.A.S.) : Broken Chairs Edition - RESULTS!

Arty

Smash Lord
Brawl Singles

16 man Bracket / 27 entrants

1. Arty (Split) :falco:
1. Sago (Split) :metaknight:
3. Fatboy :metaknight:
4. Hunger :snake: / :olimar:
5. Quik :wario:
5. Grimace :snake:
7. Fade :popo:
7. DLA :ganondorf: / :dk2:
9. Wafles :falco: / :metaknight:
9. Ook :dk2:
9. Scythe :lucario: / :dedede:
9. Meneil :ike:
13. Akashi :snake:
13. YoshQ :luigi2: / :falcon:
13. Kappy :kirby2:
13. Brian :gw: / :toonlink:

Didn't make it out of pools

17. Ewok :rob:
17. Tony :popo:
17. Xyless :peach: / :zerosuitsamus:
17. Folk :marth: / :snake:
17. Moozle :peach: / :pt:
17. Zwarm :rob:
17. Oro :metaknight:
17. Landry :metaknight:
25. DevilDigimon :ganondorf:
25. SpongeJordan :ganondorf:
25. Frank :sonic:

Brawl Doubles

10 Teams

1. Blades and Grenades (Grimace + Fatboy)
2. Quik's Mario is better than Hunger's Mario (Quik + Arty)
3. Humongous bird migration heading towards Grimace's **** (Hunger + Sago)
4. DGPS (Fade + Ewok)
5. DLA loves God (Akashi + Meneil)
5. DLA has the joy X5 down in his heart (Ook + SpongeJordan)
7. Screw you guys, God doesn't Exist (DLA + lvl 9 CPU)
7. Ice Godzillas (Landry + Zack152)
9. That team name sucks balls (Wafles + YoshQ)
9. You do well to believe. DLA also believes and trembles (Kappy + Zwarm)

Melee Singles

Link to Melee Video Thread
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=9022793#post9022793

16 Man Bracket / 21 Entrants

1. Cosmo :marth:
2. Vro :falco:
3. Rat :samus2:
4. Scythe :fox: / :shiek:
5. EighteenSpikes :drmario:
5. Chris :falcon:
7. Oro :falcon:
7. JohnBlue :peach:
9. Joey tight lips (Sago) :shiek:
9. Quaz :peach:
9. Madwak
9. Jeff
13. Mundungu :yoshi2: / :dk2:
13. Hunger :popo:
13. Josh
13. King Kong

I do not have the rest of the pools results :(

Melee Doubles

6 Teams

1. Hotdog Launcher (Cosmo + EighteenSpikes)
2. Chipotleway (Scythe + Quik)
3. Nicotine Fiendz (Vro + Rat)
4. PSFM (Sveet + Oro)
5. Snitch to get Rich (Sago + Fade)
5. Mundungu152HotStuff (Mundungu + Zack152)

Brawl Low Tier Doubles

10 Teams

1. A Kremlin's life (Hunger + Fade)
2. Falcon sparta kicks (YoshQ + DLA)
3. Double Metaknight (Quik + Fatboy)
4. KZwap (Kappy + Zwarm)
5. That really hot girl at the conversation dondongo (Sago + Grimace)
5. Quack and Arfy (Akashi + Meneil)
7. I don't care (Xyless + Brian)
7. Can you steer while in Cruise Control? (Wafles + Arty)
9. Ice Godzillas (Landry + Zack152)
9. Sexymoonwalkupairlinkcombos (Cosmo + Mello)

Brawl+

7 Entrants

1. Arty :gw:
2. Ook :dk2:
3. Oro :yoshi2: / :falcon:
4. Xyless :zerosuitsamus:
5. Moozle
5. Quik :wario:
7. Kappy :kirby2: / :mario2:

SC4 Singles

9 Entrants

1. Cosmo
2. DevilDigimon
3. Bautousai
4. Zekman
5. Brad
5. Zwarm
7. Dan
7. Nick
9. Snake Eyes

Naruto Rev 3

4 Entrants

1. DevilDigimon
2. Grimace
3. Fatboy
4. Zekman

This was an awesome tournament!!!
Hope everyone enjoyed themselves!!

Hopefully everyone makes it to next month's event 1/05/09 M.A.S. Leet Cereal Edition!!!!
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=257427

GET HYPE!!

Arty

Smash Lord
The brackets for Brawl Singles and Doubles in Tio got kinda screwed up :(
If anyone needs their characters added/changed just tell me

Hope to see all of you next month!!

clowsui

Smash Legend
"Blades and Grenades" AKA Grimace and Fatboy taking Steel Samurai and TGM's team name.

Yeah, I said it!!!

Scythe

Smash Master
might as well repost this and major lol at the DLA names in Brawl doubles

Fun tourney again Webster! Keep these going. Way too much fun. Only I felt like an ******* after every match i won lol
Quik- Chipotleway will get first next time.
Xyless- Fun talking during the car rides!
Arty- Thanks for driving!
Hunger- Nice chatting again, Snake is lame lol
Sago- That high five was intense
Akashi- I felt so bad after our set it made me sad. Nice talking with ya!
Chris- I felt like an ******* after our set, your Falcon is really good against spacies, see ya next time
Quaz- GGs again lol sry for camping, i felt like an ******* after this one too
Oro- Nice talking, we should Brawl+ money match!
Sveet- Fun times, but you should change the battlefield music back!
Cosmo- Grats on winning all that money. I'll keep CPing to Mute City and we need moar Link dittos
Vro- Fun doubles set! You guys can't handle the most technical Ganon in the world
Rat- Fun set. Next time i'll try to camp harder or I'll go Falco. Probably the latter. Super cool guy. and
It's crazy how in a match-up that's super slow and has a lack of combos it's super intense.
I think you stumbled upon the reason people still play Brawl. But certainly not the case for all Brawl matches : /

Also shoutout to the people in my melee and brawl pools.

Not sure if I missed anyone. I'll edit this if i remember anyone else

KenniSpam!

Smash Master
Only 27 people? :(

Good job DLA, lol at teams
Fade went all ics??
Lolwut meneil beat akashi... Step it up hehe

Wish I went... :(

Akashi

Smash Lord
Only 27 people? :(

Good job DLA, lol at teams
Fade went all ics??
Lolwut meneil beat akashi... Step it up hehe

Wish I went... :(
I lost to Scythe and Wafles, she lost to Ook, beat Brian (newcomer), lost to DLA. Afterwards I pride/mm match (and beat) Sago, Hunger, Arty, and I fought for Hunger against Quik in loser's semis (beat him too). I also got 2nd in my pools (had yoshq, sago, folk, etc). I just did bad in my brackets, but I'm happy in my overall performance.

I'll do shout-outs later.

Videos of Hunger and my $MM will be up when Jake feels like it!

hunger!

Smash Champion
we didnt save dk vs snake. which was the mm =P

ill get up our pride set whenever i dont be lazy.

diddy vs snake
snake vs snake
marth vs snake

^_^

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
Shoutouts:

Webster - This was one of the funnest tournaments I've been to, thanks for putting up with us. I posted on that IN tournament thread to support your tournament (and I hope everyone else does the same - http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=9021172#post9021172 is the link). That's BS that they'd disregard your tournament like that, and I hope the mistake is remedied. Also, SAGO, GET ***** BY WEBSTER'S GANON!

Arty - Grats on 1st. I didn't see grand finals, but that match vs. Fatboy was pretty intense, no matter how boring the Falco vs MK matchup is. Your laser game is awesome, I'm always impressed when I watch your matches

Sago - Grats on 1st as well. I haven't gotten to see a lot of your matches until now, but you're a really ****ing smart player and a cool guy. Hope I'll see you at the next one.

Fatboy - Fun matches, nice job on 3rd

Hunger - Good friendlies / low tier dubz matches, that cape to Fair was epic. Sorry Quik but I think Hunger's Mario is a bit better. Still gotta fight him 1v1 though :p
Quik - GGs, you completely outplayed me. You have the best spacing I've ever seen, no joke. You literally traveled in a tight circle around my entire hitbox and punished almost every mistake I made. Good ****, I gotta get more Wario experience

Grimace - GGs as always, those matches were so close. You're probably my favorite Snake to fight; you play really smart and you don't camp like a mofo. I hope we get to fight again in the next brackets

Fade - GGs in low tier dubz. I want to friendly your Ness next tournament. Also, your ICs look really good, thankfully I didn't have to fight you in singles

Wafles - GGs in pools, I'm gonna go Ganon next time I fight you, cause I haven't beaten you yet with my DK.

Ook - Stop throwing your controller around every tournament! Control your temper please. Also, fun friendlies and pool games.

Scythe - I'll learn the Meringue or some other Mexican dance next time so that my Mexican disguise is complete. Also, wow, nice Brawl placement, it makes me feel better about losing to you last Kirkfest

Meneil - Fun matches, your Pit caught me by surprise. Thanks for letting me crash at your place on Friday and offering on Saturday, I really appreciate it. It was a lot of fun hanging out with you and Tano this weekend

Akashi - Thanks for everything, all of our matches were fun and I had a lot of fun spending time with you and Melinda. I really appreciate that you're willing to help me out money-wise... it really sucks not having a job. Hopefully that will change by the next tournament, and I won't have to pack PB&J sammiches for myself lol ><

YoshQ - Awesome low tier dubz rapage, that was way too good. Your CF is probably the best I've ever fought. Fun tournament match too, I tried to stay focused on not getting frustrated by your jab game this time lol. PM me a link if you ever put any of those replays up.

Kappy - Thanks for having us over for that smashfest, I had a lot of fun. Nice job getting out of the pools (you too TWSS)

The rest of the DePaul crew (Xyless, TWSS, Zwarm) - It was nice seeing you guys again, those random FFAs were too good.

Sponge - Epic Ganon dittos, you improved since the last time. Try not to Ganoncide so much though haha, most people will predict it really easily. It's awesome to see that you're repping the Dorf though.

Oro - Good to see you again, too bad we didn't get any PPL in (that score mode looks pretty sweet)

KenniSpam!

Smash Master
Lost to Scythe and wafles but beat sago, hunger, arty, and quik??!? o_O did you like sd every stock or something? XD

Devildigimon

Smash Lord
Good tourney u guys. please refer to my last post in the M.A.S: Holiday Broken Chairs thread.

Hope u all had fun at this tournament.

See u folks at "Leet Cereal!!!"

And try to make Spikes tournament, that's coming up soon. Spikes give us a link. :)

Take it easy everyone, I know I need to. And yes guys, the TOURNAMENT WILL BE AT THE SAME PLACE...for as long as I am alive hahaha. Sorry to anyone I may have said different/otherwise. I was just a tad stressed out. Was a long day. :(

Things will get better. :)

EDIT: DLA, thanks man. I really am happy to have loyal folks like u guys. I do heart u all. And I hope we as a community will get better and make hella progress in everything that we do. Let's all reach for the stars and make it to the final destination (with the epic music haha). :)

Quik17

Smash Ace
Arty - No more forfeiting against you next time!

Fatboy - We ***** in low tiers! (not really lol) I'll beat you in a 1-stock random MM one of these days

Hunger - You're a much better pokemon trainer than me, but not a better Mario :) Next time we face each other in bracket we can do duelist or something :D

Grimace - Good job man. You and your brother are so hard to play against in doubles.

Fade - You've improved a lot and finally got a character to counter MK. Your DDD is also great at the Wario matchup, almost as good as Lain.

DLA - Good job destroyin my Mario in low tier dubs :D Your Ganon is crazy

Wafles - It was fun talkin to you. You gotta step it up if you wanna make it to the top of the Pokemon tier list :)

Ook - Good job in Brawl+ Scythe's advice almost helped me win lol

Scythe - Lucario never dies! We'll **** melee teams next time.

Meneil - Your Pit is actually really good. Keep using him.

Akashi - Great job in the one Pokenon trainer game we had. That match taught me to NEVER underestimate you again. You're way too good with Snake. As soon as I started playing more aggresively thinking I had the game in the bag, you destroyed me. Keep it up!

YoshQ - Your Falcon might be just as good as your Luigi, and that's not an insult to your Luigi, but credit to how good and scary that Falcon is.

Kappy - Always fun talking to you. Those Kirby tricks are awesome.

Brian - You someitmes get a little too predictable with G&W, but you're still a great player. Keep coming to tournies and improving.

Xyless - It was fun driving with you. Make it out of pools next time or else you'll have to walk home ;)

Oro - You beat me in Brawl+ and I got you in Brawl. We'll settle this in Melee next time.

DevilDigimon - You're the best TO ever, keep hostin tournies man. I'll be sure to post my opinions in that Indiana thread before this day is over.

Mundungu - Always fun playing another Melee Ganon. Your Ganon is much more technichal than mine

Wafles

Smash Lord
Wafles - It was fun talkin to you. You gotta to step it up if you wanna make it to the top of the Pokemon tier list :)
pokemon battle in losers semis was funny
i should have tried harder, but akashi was doing some silly **** and i didnt know what to think lol...

I'll do soutouts later i guess.

grimacetpp

Smash Apprentice
Shoutouts:

DLA: Thanks dude, that means a lot to me. Some people would say my snake is scrubby :D, I like that it's different, admittedly it's not the smartest way to play.

Webster - Imma beat you in rev 3

Arty - So, stop beating me in Singles. I feel like I'm making practice, I just have to not make mistakes.

Sago - 1-1's not that bad, but your win was a little more important:D

Fatboy - never give up

Hunger - same goes to you

Fade - keep it up dude, and also good stuff with ewok in teams

Wafles - no hard feelings about sago, but now if we get matched up again could you switch it around... please.

Ook - you're scrubby at that coin game

Scythe - keep up that melee skill, and maybe pickup brawl again :D

Meneil - I heard you beat Akashi, looks like he has troubles with the ike matchup too?

Akashi - So, you should teach me how to beat arty.

YoshQ - So, I kinda feel bad calling you a scrubby snake for losing to Sago's MK after he knocked me out of the tourney, though I put him in loser's so I don't feel too bad.

Oro - I told you I wasn't worried about the MK's :D

Landry

Smash Ace
All I want to know is why Sago and Landry played as Metaknight.
I tried some ROB and Pika, and I went Mario for teams. Maybe if we practiced a little more in Madison I'd have better match up experience :p

Zwarm

Smash Hero
Arty, mine and Kappy's low tier doubles name is KZwap, just letting you know. XD

I had a great time at this tournament, even though I was sandbagging a cold the entire time. Still, good **** everyone! It was nice talking to some people I never got a chance to talk to last MAS. For all people who thought so, I'd just like to make it known that I'm NOT Overswarm, Zwarm isn't really even that close to it, LOL.

Shoutouts:
Arty - I had a great time talking to you again and playing a few money matches. I finally won money from you with our Scythe/Fatboy MM bets! XD Congrats on first place!

DLA - It was awesome hanging out with you guys before MAS. Next time we get a chance to play Guitar Hero, lets find a lagless TV, lol. Your Ganondorf is too good!

Ook - Man Ook, I don't think we've played against each other, except for maybe a few friendlies at Kirk's or something. We should do some friendlies next time we see each other!

Meneil - GG's the night before MAS! You actually live a lot closer to me than I thought, we should all try to meet up again and do some more friendlies. Same thing back at DePaul, XD.

Akashi - The DLA doubles names idea was too good! GG's the night before! I need to work on my Dedede with the stuff you told me. Thanks for all the suggestions on how to improve my game!

YoshQ - Man, your Luigi is too good! Those jabs are just evil, especially on my R.O.B.! It was cool seeing you again, hopefully I can deal with your Luigi better next time! XD

Kappy - BOI! Haha, what can I say? Without you, I probably wouldn't even play Brawl anymore. We've been playing Brawl together pretty much since the game came out, since then you've always been able to beat me, every time I get better, you always one up me! Your Kirby has gotten like 10x better in the short time we've been at DePaul, and that's a pretty scary thing, LOL. I hate playing our Kirby vs. R.O.B. matchup now, and you're the worst roommate in the world =D.

Brian - What a TWSS! Dude, it was really cool finding out you were going to DePaul and that we ended up being good friends. Your G&W got really good like, seriously overnight, and your Toon Link got good in the 3 hours I was in class, and they just keep getting better! Pokemon Rumble until 3 in the morning soon? LOL.

Xyless - It was cool getting the chance to talk to you more. I've only seen you around DePaul's game labs like, twice XD. FFA's with items were too fun! We need to do more friendlies next time I see you!

Zwarm - LOL, scrub.

Oro - Yoshi is too top tier! His Nair is just broken, and everyone should fear the Uair, XD. We should do a money match next time we see each other! We should do Melee friendlies too, even though I'd get destroyed, lol.

DevilDigimon - Seriously, these are great tournaments! The venue is awesome, and I'm gonna come to every MAS I can. You should definitely run low tier doubles every tournament if there is enough time, they were too fun!

SpongeJordan - It was nice meeting you dude! Your Ganon and Lucas are pretty good! We should definitely play some more friendlies at the next MAS.

Akashi

Smash Lord
Shoutouts:

DLA: Thanks dude, that means a lot to me. Some people would say my snake is scrubby :D, I like that it's different, admittedly it's not the smartest way to play.

Webster - Imma beat you in rev 3

Arty - So, stop beating me in Singles. I feel like I'm making practice, I just have to not make mistakes.

Sago - 1-1's not that bad, but your win was a little more important:D

Fatboy - never give up

Hunger - same goes to you

Fade - keep it up dude, and also good stuff with ewok in teams

Wafles - no hard feelings about sago, but now if we get matched up again could you switch it around... please.

Ook - you're scrubby at that coin game

Scythe - keep up that melee skill, and maybe pickup brawl again :D

Meneil - I heard you beat Akashi, looks like he has troubles with the ike matchup too?

Akashi - So, you should teach me how to beat arty.

YoshQ - So, I kinda feel bad calling you a scrubby snake for losing to Sago's MK after he knocked me out of the tourney, though I put him in loser's so I don't feel too bad.

Oro - I told you I wasn't worried about the MK's :D
If you mean what Kennispam said, then he meant she beat me in placing, not an actual match.

yoshq

Smash Master
i should have tried harder, but akashi was doing some silly **** and i didnt know what to think lol...
awwwww yea you know i got that replay on my wii ;)

YoshQ - Your Falcon might be just as good as your Luigi, and that's not an insult to your Luigi, but credit to how good and scary that Falcon is.
my falcon is bad, all i do is run around really fast and it looks like i know what i'm doing xD

YoshQ - Awesome low tier dubz rapage, that was way too good. Your CF is probably the best I've ever fought. Fun tournament match too, I tried to stay focused on not getting frustrated by your jab game this time lol. PM me a link if you ever put any of those replays up.
i hate dubs but that low tier was SOOO fun. i love being able to play falcon in a serious match.
let's do it again at the next one!! and i will put all the replays up that were saved on my wii. in regard to our matches, i feel like such a scrub for going luigi instead of falcon, i'll never do it again - besides it's not nearly as fun :)

lol my snake is a scrub, i have no skill with him - i only use him because mk is too good.

YoshQ - Man, your Luigi is too good! Those jabs are just evil, especially on my R.O.B.! It was cool seeing you again, hopefully I can deal with your Luigi better next time! XD
lol yep hope we dont get each other in pools again though, that would be cruel.

My own shoutins:

1. Sago (Split) : that's a good little top tier ***** ;p
3. Fatboy : lucas lol
4. Hunger / revengee ;)
5. Quik : i hate it how someone who doesn't even play mk can beat me consistently just by knowing the matchup or w/e. nice mario though, i didn't think i was going to win but then you just had to pause it xD
7. Fade : sick icies!
9. Wafles / we don't team very well. i ****ed up at the end and it was my fault but i didn't want to john
9. Ook / those banned stage matches were soo fun
9. Scythe / lucario lol
13. Akashi / i figured out how to beat snake! thanks!
17. Folk / wow nice mk
17. Landry / good **** laundry
25. DevilDigimon / sorry about the stuff that happened

in other news, for the first time in ****ing forever my recording device actually worked and i got those team gfs. i iz happy. what was with not getting a bye for 1st in my pool. also, can't wait to try the new food next time, i only tried the pizza nachos and paninis so far

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
i hate dubs but that low tier was SOOO fun. i love being able to play falcon in a serious match.
let's do it again at the next one!! and i will put all the replays up that were saved on my wii. in regard to our matches, i feel like such a scrub for going luigi instead of falcon, i'll never do it again - besides it's not nearly as fun :)
Hehe don't feel like a scrub, I only stayed Ganondorf because I was confident that he is my best character. If Weegee is your best character, then don't feel pressured into going CF just because I'm playing a bottom tier. Your weegee's almost as fun to fight as your CF, in all honestly :p

Also, yeah I hate dubs too, but that team was just awesome to play as. Maybe it's just because it's so easy to gimp/spike people in low tiers lol. Anyways, yeah, team falcon sparta kick next time for sure

Rob_Gambino

Smash Lord
16 Man Bracket / 21 Entrants
13. Mundungu :yoshi2: / :dk2:

Really? If so, good stuff. What happened to ganon/fox?

Wafles

Smash Lord
NO. You just don't get it, do you? I thought we were over this, but apparently not.

This is where it gets really, really irritating, because I thought I had made this painfully clear at the tournament.

Last time you guys didn't get matched up first round, you got matched up 2nd round. Sago got a by for 2nd seed, you won a match, am I supposed to analyze the bracket because two people don't want to play each other later on in the bracket? No. Did I throw a hissy fit when I had to play against arty like 5 tournaments in a row in the winners bracket? No. Just face facts, it's not fair for me to play favorites and split up matches when you guys didn't earn better seeds. If you're going to blame anyone for having to fight first round, blame sago for getting a 3rd seed. (I dont remember who else was in your pool but I know you could've gotten better than 3rd, seeing as you ended up splitting for first in the bracket....)

The likelihood of you guys fighting first round again is pretty uncommon, but if you guys fight 2nd or 3rd round of winners/losers, I better not hear a word of it.

So since I apparently wasn't clear at the tournament, no changes will be made to any matches once they have been placed in the bracket. Your seeds earned in pools will translate directly onto the bracket, and you will be matched up based on the rotation of seeds only.

Imagine if you were to have to fight against meneil first round or something, and then due to a complaint by someone on the other side of the bracket, you now have to fight sago first round, wouldn't you feel like you just got a much harder matchup? (No offense to meneil, she's one hell of a beast ike, but sago's MK is just too vicious) It's not exactly fair to the person who now has a harder matchup and is more likely to get lower placement in the tournament.

That's how I see this problem.

/wall of text, i'll post shoutouts later this afternoon

Wafles

Smash Lord
Teacms actually lost to someone with a lvl. 9 CPU as a partner? O.o

Also, how do you split for 1st place? O.o
No teams lost to that team, someone seeded teams bracket really dumb, and gave them a bye in winners, and then another bye in losers.
Like, for example, me and yoshq won a match in winners, but due to janky seeding, we actually got last place.
**** makes no sense at all.
<_<

awwwww yea you know i got that replay on my wii ;)
YESSSSS Upload that ****, akashi was doing some awesome stuff in that match =D

Top Bottom