• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MWC-E #3 OC#5:: OUGA Rangers Zeo (Athens, Ohio)

TheKiest

Smash Champion

Last time on OUGA Rangers:

LIVE STREAM!!!!
http://www.ustream.tv/channel/mwc-e-ouga-rangers-zeo

The OUGA Rangers were fighting against many of the minions of evil at the OUGA school (which happens to actually be the secret Command Center of the rangers). During the battle, the Rangers Leader TheKiest was severely injured and Power was lost to the OUGA rangers.

With the last of TheKiest's energy he create one last shot for the OUGA rangers to gain their powers..... TheKiest's last tournament.....*

This episode is entitled....

SMASH IT!: TOURNEY OF DEATH!!!

Episode premier

This episode is so great that it takes a whole weekend!
Friday 26th
Ultimate Falcon Doubles: Friday 9pm
Secret Game Tournament: Friday 11:30pm
THE FRIDAY GAMES ARE NOT ON A STRICT SCHEDULE!!!
Meaning if you are late by even 20 minutes, you could probably still enter.

Saturday 27th

Doubles start: 12:30 pm
Singles Pools start: 3:00 pm (or when doubles is wrapping up)
Food Break after pools or 5pm
Singles Bracket starts: 6 PM
Street Fighter 3 3rd Strike: 8 PM
THERE WILL NOT BE DEATH POOLS!

Sunday 28th

Possible Morning Crew Fights (Depending on who stays)
OUGAer Knights tournament (Spectators only, but will be a blast.)
1:00 PM

Channel

Tune your GPS to

Ohio University Morton Hall Room 115 (We will have signs inside saying where to go from each entrance)
Van Vorhes
Athens, Ohio

What is really annoying... is that this address doesn't work too well on Google Maps OR any GPSs, so instead follow the direction for the building NEXT to it.
59 East Green St. Athens, Ohio. 45701

Then when you arrive, there will be a massive parking lot right next to the above address, park there and enter the large building.

Prizes
Cash payout divided between the entry money
Singles Payout
1st: 48%
2nd: 22%
3rd: 14%
4th: 8%
5th: 4% + 1 dollar
6th: 4% - 1 dollar
(Possible evil plan to make 5th and 6th battle for said dollar, time pending)

Teams Payout
1st: 55%
2nd: 30%
3rd: 15%

Casual Tournament:
1st. 60%-$1
2nd. 30%
3rd. 10%
4th. $1

The Free Tournaments will have prizes.

Price:
Free Venue (It's free to watch power rangers right?)
Free UFD and Secret Game AND a 1 dollar for Street Fighter....
10$ Singles
10$ Doubles, $20 for Team

How to preregister to be a OUGA ranger:
(How to prereg)

PREREGISTER HERE
(Just Click "Here" above)
PLEASE Sign up to make it easier on us to determine teams and the space needed. This will also tell us how many setups to expect. Even if you aren't 100% confirmed!

WHO WANTS TO BE AN OUGA RANGER!?!?!?
:
Attendance list
Detailed List
(Just Click one of the Yellow Words above!)

Structure
OUGA rangers must be able to fight as a team and individually to protect the Earth.

Singles and Doubles
* 3 Stock

* 8 minute timer

* Items are set to "off" and "none"

* All sets with the exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches (best of 5 and above should be played out for any "finals" matches)

* In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors

* No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.

* In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS winner will get the last port.

* If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.

* Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned.

* If a game ends with Bowser doing his suicide klaw and it ends in sudden death, the sudden death will be ignored and that game will count as a win for Bowser.

* You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties.

* Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.

* Dave's Stupid Rule: No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.

* Iggy's Stupid Rule: You may not pause the match yourself. If you absolutely need to pause, it must be done so at the consent of your opponent.

* No show DQ rule: After a match has been called, if a player is two minutes late he will receive a warning. At 4 minutes late, he will be given a loss for the first game of the set. After six minutes, he will be given a loss of the entire set. There should be no excuse for not being there when your match is called because all the food you need is in the venue for you.

* Color Blind rule: Should a player have a color-based disability, he or she may request in a teams match to have a specific color for their team. This is so characters such as Lucario or Sonic can be granted the blue team so that there is not unnecessary confusion.

* Wiimotes and Classic Controller users should know to take the batteries out of their controllers after finishing a set; not only will this save battery life, but it prevents accidental intereference and delay for tournament matches.

* Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.

* Stalling is banned.

Stalling: The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling, while doing an infinite grab endlessly against a wall is. Any infinite chain grabs must end quickly after 300% has been reached so as to prevent excessive stalling.

Casual

While rangers must be on guard from all danger, relaxing and training is needed too.
This time we are MORPHING into 2 CASUAL TOURNAMENTS!!!!!!

The first event is.....

THEE UFC DOUBLES!!!!
(Ultimate Falcon Championship Doubles)
Rangers must practice against one another in order to fight against the monsters.

This means.....
3 Stock
8 Mins
All Double Stages on Random
Captain Falcon Only.

Free entry with Golden Falcons for first place.

The UFC Doubles will start at 9:00 PM on Friday.

After the UFC.... is

THE SECRET GAME Tournament!

This game will be revealed as the UFC Doubles Starts for Free entry!
This game will NOT be a smash game.
Prize will be out of 3 SECRET Prizes done in Yankee Style!

1st place: 1st pick, but swaps after the other two pick and swap.
2nd place: Last pick, may swap his/hers pick with others
3rd place: Second Pick, may swap with first picker.
IF YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND READ HERE
*The prizes will be 5-10 dollar value in identical "mystery" boxes.

The Secret Game Tournament will start at 11:30 PM or when setups become available from UFC Doubles.

And on Saturday Night.....

Street Fighter 3
3rd Strike

8 pm Sat (or after loser round 1 in Singles)
Double Elimination
PS2
2 of 3 Rounds. (Grand Finals best of 5)
Characters must both be selected before Super is picked.
Winners keep character but may change super.

1 dollar entry
Payouts will be
1. 60%-$1
2. 30%
3. 10%
4. $1

Controllers will be provided, but it is recommended that you bring your own.

Pools
Rangers have the power to stay alive long enough to defeat the monsters.
Pools will be divided into even groups
These groups will play against each other in a best of 3 (as if it was a bracket match like listed above).
The player who has won the most sets (one match equals a set of 3) gets the first seed in the bracket.
The player who has won the second/third most sets gets the second/third seed in the bracket, respectively
The player who has won the forth/fifth most sets gets sent to round 2 of pools to compete for the 4th seed in the bracket.

*If two players tie for the amount of sets won, whoever won that match-up has precedence.
Example:
OS wins 7 sets and POPS wins 7 sets, but POPS lost to OS: OS gets 1st seed, POPS gets 2nd.

**In the strange case of a 3-4 way cycle ties (see example). The tie will be broken by amount of total wins minus total losses of each game.
Example:
Capem has 5 set wins, TYR has 5 set wins, Keist has 5 set wins.
Capem beats TYR, TYR beats Keist, Keist beats Capem (due to Kirbicides, and random claws from Halbred... lolz)
However.... lets say we have this:
Capem: 10 Wins - 6 losses = 4
Keist: 10 Wins - 11 losses = -1
TYR: 10 Wins - 8 losses = 2
The different number of losses occur from the different set results (Capem won more 2-0s than Keist and TYR did)

LONG STORY SHORT:
If you want to get out of pools for sure, don't lose any games! Even if it means you still when the best of 3! I will personally check each pool before making the bracket, regardless of what others tell me the results are.

In the event that a player forfeits or is disqualified before pools are finished, then that player losses 0-2 to everyone in his/hers group. Even if they played each other already.

Nope's No BS Rule: By participating in this tournament you give the Tournament Operator and their affiliates the right to film, photograph and record your name, nickname, pseudonym, persona, picture, biographical material, voice and/or likeness and to use the same in any manner or media in connection with the Event to broadcast, reproduce, distribute and exhibit such photographs and/or recordings, in any manner whatsoever, by any and all means, media, devices, processes and technology now or hereafter known or devised anywhere in the universe at anytime in perpetuity.

Seamus McFly's Sportsmanship Rule:
If a losing player ends the match with "No Contest" (pausing and ending the game) after they lose their final stock but before "GAME" is called, that player is subject to consequences ranging from forfeit of that set to disqualification from the competition. Consequences can be avoided by apologizing to the other player for robbing them of a victory screen. Also, Excessive displays of rage over losing matches (shouting, controller throwing) will not be tolerated.

In other words, be respectful to the game and the players.

Stage List:

Starters:

Smashville
Yoshi's Island
Battlefield
Pokémon Stadium 1
Lylat Cruise
Equity**
Libra**

Counterpick:

Final Destination
Castle Siege
Halberd
Delfino
Pokémon Stadium 2
Pictochat
Abyss**
Brinstar
Frigate Orpheon
Jungle Japes
Pirate Ship
Rainbow Cruise
Norfair
Distant Planet
Luigi's Mansion (pipes)
Port Town Aero Dive

DOWNLOAD THE CUSTOMS by CLICKING HERE

** These stages are NOT in Doubles due to inconsistent starting locations.

Featuring:

Commentary from Seamus McFly and TheKiest! Yes we are at it again.
Movie Theater Size Projector for Finals! (And special matches too).
The Ultimate Falcon Champion: Pops to defend his title!

Food
Depending on Numbers and my wallet size...
Food, Drink, and other merchandise will be sold at this event. Specifics will be posted here as we determine how many are coming to this event. Probably pizza and pop for sure.
Otherwise, Wendy's Subway, Jimmy Johns, and Chipotle are within walking distance with other places within 5 minutes driving. (It is a college town after all)

Links

Trailers (Click to view)
First Trailer
International Trailer

Facebook Event: CLICK HERE
Smash Boards Thread: ....
All is Brawl: CLICK HERE

WE ARE LIVE!!!!!!:

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/mwc-e-ouga-rangers-zeo

Pictures
http://s392.photobucket.com/albums/p...0Last Stand/
http://s392.photobucket.com/albums/p... Tournament/
http://s392.photobucket.com/albums/p...0Championship/

Housing
(Rangers must live somewhere....)
I will be staying over in Morton Hall (the venue) Friday Night. If people come early, you are welcomed to stay there too. As of now we don't have it for Saturday Night either.

Possible Housing:

Framerate can manage up to TEN PEOPLE!!!!

We will have the rooms from Friday till Sunday afternoon.
1. TheKiest
(Will add more later)

PLEASE POST WHERE YOU WANT TO BE HOUSED HERE ON IN THE PREREGISTRATION COMMENTS SECTION!!!!!

Hotels (If needed):
http://hotel-guides.us/colleges/ohio...niversity.html

Please tell your smash friends. Thanks!

*This is TheKiest's last tournament he is hosting at OUGA, though he will still go to other events including future OUGA events.

TheKiest

Smash Champion
Current Full Setups:
Keist TV 1 + Keist Wii
Sil TV1 + Sil Wii
Morton Screen 1 + OUGA Wii 1
Morton Screen 2 + OUGA Wii 2
Morton Screen 3 + OUGA Wii 3
Morton Screen 4 + OUGA Wii 4
Juu TV + OUGA Wii 5

Current Possibles (Need Wiis)
Keist TV2
Morton TV1
Morton TV2

I would like to reach a minimum of 12, max of 16 for things to run smoothly.

If you don't like playing on the projectors/hanging screens, bring Setups!

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Gonna show your Peach to be a threat at the circuit event, Beef? ^_^

It'll be interesting now that people are actually playing characters with hard counters.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Maybe, I'm not a fan of long drives but who knows what I'll decide come tournament time lol.

Well Peach is at a disadvantage vs Snake and I beat two good Snakes and a Marth, but I'll admit that I was lucky and didn't run into any MKs at all. Maybe it was because I was in the losers bracket haha.

I'm alright vs the MK matchup but it takes strict timing for me to punish what little openings there are in his repertoire, and I don't yet feel like I capitalize on them consistently enough. That's why I picked up MK (and got ***** in dittos by Jason for a while for good practice) and Marth, for MKs and good campy Falcos that I run into. But I'll still go Peach on the MKs that don't know how to play the Peach MU that well. :3

Silhouette

Smash Lord
early attendance list

0. LeeR
0.5. Virt
1. SiL
2. Wakka
3. Keister
4. Framerate
5. POPS
6. Solecalibur
7. Hunky McManpie
8. McFly
9. Juu
10. T-800
11. DepuT
12. Nope
13. Rest of Smashfield
14. Infern
15. moar God Kais
16. OS
17. Beegs
18. King Beef
19. Glov
20. rest of NEOH
+1 Kregins

already johning out,
1. Yosh?
2. clowsui

looks like a good list for 3 months in advance, though this venue will hold TONS more, keep em coming!!

Framerate

Smash Lord
We need to get Altrox to this.

Also I think I might win this one.

Also also the original date was correct, we plan on traveling through time with our Mighty Morphin' Falcon Rangers powers.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
kiest tournaments are my favorite ones they are just 2 fun
Ditto.

FRIDAY NIGHT AT OUGA IS BETTER THAN SEX.

I said it.

Don't tell my girlfriend, she'll get offended.

And yeah, I'm driving XD

Note: There is a short in one of the cables that goes to my battery at the moment. Theoretically, this could cut off the battery power while I'm driving but this has yet to occur. Instead I generally just get to open the hood of my car and jiggle the cord before I turned the car on every time I want to go anywhere. But I can still drive. ^_^

Also:

THIS IS POST # 12345!

PsychoPenguinX

Smash Apprentice
I'll try given school doesn't **** me that weekend and I can either get a ride from flyingfrenchman or another ohio state area smasher.

Framerate

Smash Lord
Well that sucks cause you're not invited. And neither is Lucas' poop-hair! :p

KassandraNova

Smash Master
3DS FC
4167-5079-1850
LUCAS DOES NOT HAVE POOP HAIR!!!!
At least his hair doesn't look all creepy when he attacks! (unlike Jigglypuff's!)

Top Bottom