• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FS8: Revolucion! January 9th 2010, San Antonio TX

Status
Not open for further replies.

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
Final Smash VII:

WHY YOU SHOULD COME TO THIS:

-A fresh new start. Gamelot has turned its back on Smash. Thankfully, I have formed new connections, and San Antonio Smash will live on.
-Amazing New Venue. 10,000 sq ft all dedicated to console gaming.
-Tons of games to pick from. Sure, you have Smash, but there will also be Street Fighter IV, Tekken 6, Marvel vs Capcom 2, Blazblue, and plenty of other awesome games.
-Sponsors. Gamestop, Monster Energy Drinks, and more will be there to provide you with a finer tournament experience.
-The best of the best will be there. Every Final Smash has drawn the best players the southwest has to offer. This will be no exception.

Schedule of Events:

Doors open at 10:00 am. Registration is open until an event has begun.

Smash:

Brawl Singles @ 2:30 pm
Brawl Teams @fter Singles is finished.

Melee Singles @ 4:00 pm
Melee Teams @fter Singles is finished

Other Games:

Street Fighter IV (PS3) at 2 pm
Tekken 6 (PS3) at 3 pm
Marvel vs Capcom 2 (Dreamcast) at 4 pm
Blazblue: Calamity Trigger (PS3) at 5 pm

Where:

San Pedro Event Center
9926 San Pedro Ave
San Antonio TX 78216

10,000 sq ft
3 rooms. 1 main with a stage, 2 subrooms, all together.

Tour of the Venue:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4D8gu0e2ZLc

GAME ON magazine wants to cover my tournament! They'll be bring video cameras and a 5 speaker PA system to my tournament, and they'll be videotaping it and interviewing players. Get hyped!

Entry Fees:

Venue Fee: $12, to be paid at the door. We will furnish you with a wristband, which will let you come and go all day.

The venue fee is higher because it's a new venue that is much, much bigger than Gamelot, and it in turn costs more.It'll be worth it though, because there will be more room, vendors, setups provided by Gamestop, and lots of events.

Please bring consoles and TVs! The more equipment we have the faster and smoother we can run the tournament. And you'll have more time to play friendlies. Please support the scene!

Brawl Singles - $10
Brawl Teams- $20 per team
Melee Singles - $10
Melee Teams - $10 per team

Street Fighter IV – $15
Tekken 6 - $15
Marvel vs Capcom 2 - $10
Blazblue - $10

Prize Layout:

If we surpass 64 entries:

1st: 55%
2nd: 25%
3rd: 10%
4th: 5%
5th: 2.5%
5th: 2.5%

If under 64 entries:

1st: 60%
2nd: 25%
3rd: 15%

(Teams will pay out the top 3 regardless)

General Rules:

For all other games please visit: http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=217373

Double Elimination
Best 2/3 matches
Finals (Winners, Losers, and Grand) will be best 3/5 matches
Pausing will result in the loss of a round unless the opponent lets it slide.
All button changes MUST BE DONE before the rounds begin.
If any rules are broken, you should report WHEN IT HAPPENS, not after the fact.

***Super Smash Bros Brawl***

Neutral Stages
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi's Island
Pokemon Stadium

Counterpick
Brinstar
Castle Siege
Delfino
Frigate Orpheon
Jungle Japes
Lylat Cruise
Pictochat
Pokemon Stadium 2
Rainbow Cruise
Green Greens

Everything else is banned.

* 3 Stock
* 8 minute timer
* Items are set to "off" and "none"
* Matches are best of 3 except in the case of winner's/loser's finals and grand finals.
* In the event of a dispute(1vs1 or 2vs2), controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors
* First round stage will be determined by stage strike system.
* No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.
* In teams matches, ports will be 1221.
* If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.
* If sudden death occurs, sudden death will be ignored and a 1 stock, 4 min overtime match will take place on the same stage.
* Make sure you fix your controller and your tag before you start playing. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties.
* Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action.

Banned Techs

* Meta Knight's infinite dimensional cape.
* DeDeDe's Infinite grab if the opponent is over 250%.
* Infinite wall grab if the opponent is over 250%. Does not apply if the wall will eventually go away, i.e. PS1.
* Stalling, including planking and scrooging, is banned. Stalling is the act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling. If you are unsure a tactic is considered stalling, ask the TO before using it

Other Rules

* Bowser/Ganon suicide attacks. If these moves are used to end a match and a sudden death is then started. Bowser/ Ganon will be declared the winners and the sudden death will be ignored.
* Ledge Grab Limit Rule: Characters are allowed to grab the ledge a total of 50 times per game. If you think that your opponent grabbed more than this, check the stats after the round. If it is exceeded the limit even by a single ledge grab you will lose your match (not the set). However, this rule can be ignored if BOTH players agree.
* MikeHaze rule: No yelling or making abrupt noises at your opponent.
* Chibo's Video-for-the-masses rule: You cannot refuse to be recorded if you pay money to enter an event.

***Super Smash Bros Melee***

-4 Stock
-8 Minute Time Limit
-Items will be set to "OFF"
-For any given tournament set, each Player will be given the option to ban 1 Neutral or Counterpick stage from being played upon.
-All sets with the exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches, with the aforementioned Finals sets being best 3/5 games.
-In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors
-No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.
-If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage. In the event of a tie, a 1-stock sudden death tiebreaker will be played out.
-The Ice Climber Freeze Glitch is banned
-Jigglypuff's rising pound stall is banned
-Peach's bomber stall beneath levels where she is unreachable is banned (example: FoD)
Banned in Teams only: Fountain of Dreams, Mute City
Not Banned in Teams: Great Bay
Set format (In Order of Procedure):
1. Opponents choose their characters for the first match *
2. 1st Stage will be chosen at random unless agreed upon by both players. Each Player will be provided one Random Reset, with the lower-seeded Player given the option to use their reset first.**
3. The first game is played, using the stage chosen during step 2
4. The winner of the previous match may announce their Stage Ban selection
5. The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Random Stage List or the Counter Stage List
6. The winner of the previous match chooses their character
7. The loser of the previous match chooses their character
8. Repeat steps 5-7 for all proceeding matches
*Double blind character selection may be called for the first match
**If neither Player has chosen to use their Random Reset within 3 seconds of the match starting, the match must be played out on the stage generated.

Neutrals:
-Fountain of Dreams
-Pokemon Stadium
-Dream Land
-Final Destination
-Battlefield
-Yoshi's Story

Counterpicks:
-Rainbow Cruise
-Kongo Jungle 64
-Jungle Japes
-Mute City
-Poke Floats
-Corneria
-Brinstar
-Green Greens

No controller mods/macros, etc.

After so long of not having a tournament, I will make my big comeback. Please come out so this tournament will be a success! Kick off the New Year and support the scene!

Lets get hyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyype.

Nike.

Smash Hero
You just told me yesterday that this wasn't gonna be a Final Smash because there were so many other games going on D:

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
To clear up some confusion though, I added Final Smash to the title because it's recognizable. On all the other forums it's known simply as Revolucion.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
OMG.

I love you Clusky. Love, love, LOVE you.
You've been getting **** DONE.

There's no excuse for me NOT going to this bad-boy.

Pikabunz

Smash Hero
NNID
Pikabunz
3DS FC
1134-8730-8374
Alrighty, I'm fine with that. Can we have more Brawl events, like low tiers or random characters?

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I definitely want to come to this. I haven't been to a OoC tourney in a while and I know FS is good. :)

Also, there is a mistake in the Melee section. It says Singles will start after Singles is finished...TIME PARADOX.

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
Alrighty, I'm fine with that. Can we have more Brawl events, like low tiers or random characters?
While I already have a fair amount of Wii's coming in from San Antonio, I'm making a meeting with the other organizers. If we get enough set ups, I'll try to add another Smash event or two.

I'm gonna need serious help with it though, especially if multiple smash events are added. Greyfox, Espy, I'm looking at you guys ;)

I definitely want to come to this. I haven't been to a OoC tourney in a while and I know FS is good. :)

Also, there is a mistake in the Melee section. It says Singles will start after Singles is finished...TIME PARADOX.
Thanks for the error mention. I've been editing multiple threads today, mistakes were bound to happen.

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
Ok, I'll be at this...but why the 12 venue?
JUJ is wanting to go as well but ask the same thing.

Also, KM you can expect me and Espy to help you out if you need it for sure. :)

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
Ok, I'll be at this...but why the 12 venue?
JUJ is wanting to go as well but ask the same thing.

Also, KM you can expect me and Espy to help you out if you need it for sure. :)
I'm going to make sure we have a section of the room dedicated to smash.

The venue fee is higher because it's a new venue that is much, much bigger than Gamelot, and it in turn costs more.

It'll be worth it though, because there will be more room, vendors, setups provided by Gamestop, and lots of events. I promise you are getting more bang for your buck.

Look on the brightside, it's not as much as a convention badge for WHOBO 2 (Nothing against WHOBO, I'm going myself, but you see my point. However it also makes sense, being at an anime convention.)

Well ****. I got Pound the week after this. I'll see what I can do.
Why not? It'll fund your trip :) and Santi can probably house you and Cake.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Green Greens isn't legal in Brawl? ;_;

I like that stage...it's perfectly fair.

Anyhow: now I REALLY need a job. >_> And it wouldn't be cool if my sister got a job before I did...I guess I might as well try Target against after my final exam tomorrow. >_> <_<

Morningstar

Smash Journeyman
Words cannot express my excitement. OMFG I CANT WAIT.

The Poon Squad will rise. Viva la Revolucion! Lol Skeet, you always make the names sound too epic.

Donkey Bong

Smash Ace
i probably wont have any $$$ but i'd be really glad to help in any Smash event.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I just heard there's going to be a Hobo on this date...

*hates choosing between two tourneys*

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
That's true but Hobo is guaranteed numbers.

Not to mention if there are more top players elsewhere, then I'm almost curtain that that's where our tops will be going.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
...But we has shiny new place to break in?

Besides, PhantomX is coming here, and we have Espy, K Prime, and possibly Santi as local top players. >_> <_<

EDIT: I'm also trying to talk all of the Ike players into coming to this tournament.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I just heard there's going to be a Hobo on this date...

*hates choosing between two tourneys*
I thought they were on the first weekend of each month (Jan. 2nd in this case)?

La~me.

To hell with that, I'm going to this.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
You wouldn't make it to Grand Finals.

You'd lose to me, of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom