• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Ohio Brawl Power Rankings (11/25/12: NEW RANKINGS UPDATED!)

Ohio Power Rankings

Smash Cadet
The Official Ohio Brawl Power Rankings

Mission Statement

To measure skill, reward skill development, inspire, and create a mindset in the Ohio Brawl scene that fosters growth for all players.

Position Criteria

* Tournament Performance

It's not about how high a person placed, but rather who they defeated and who they lost to. Rankings take into consideration a person's collective performances over history and of recent times.

* Consistency of Results

If a person has done well or poorly in a singular tournament, it is not enough to warrant a major shift in their respective rank. On the other hand, a person who has continually produced similar results over many tournaments will be assessed accordingly.

* Competitiveness of Tournaments Participated In

It's great that you can win a local GameStop tournament, but if there's no good players there, don't expect it to boost your ranking. Tournaments which have highly ranked or respected participants (from either local or out of state regions) will be given greater weight.

* Active Players to be Considered for the Next Ranking

In order to be considered an active member for the next ranking, one must:
Go to 2 tournaments per "Season" with at least 14 players.
There must be close to (or better than) a 1 to 4 ratio of PR/HM players (or OoS equiv) to non PR players.
If a player does so, then they are active.

Panelists:

*Kel
*Eddie G
*clowsui
*sneakytako
*jiffyboob

*IMAGE COMING SOON*

The Ohio Power Rankings
Key:
Moved Up
Moved Down
Stayed the Same
New

1.) Shugo :falco: / :metaknight: Stayed the Same

2.) Kel :marth: / :metaknight: Stayed the Same

3.) Fizzle :dedede: Moved Up

4.) Blue Rogue :wario: Moved Down

5.) Sneakytako :rob: / :dedede: Stayed the Same

6.) Eddie G :peach: / :metaknight: Moved Up

7.) MX :yoshi2: / :fox: Moved Up

8.) Carls :fox: New

Honorable Mentions:
(In order of votes received)

Luminoth :wolf: Moved Down

Sorasin :falco: New

Tournament Period:
This period was from:
6/25/12 to 11/25/12

The next period will be...
11/25/12 until 2/25/13

This list not only viewed results since the 1st tournament of the period, but also considered everyone's results in the past periods as a whole. Panelists evaluated players based on their own opinions on who the top players in Ohio were. Recent results were rated higher, but as I stated, results from previous periods were also considered. We don't want these to just be who is the hottest player in the last two months, we want the top 8 of Ohio.

Feel free to discuss the rankings in this thread

Ohio Power Rankings

Smash Cadet
First of All I would like to thank everyone for being patient! I am in the process of putting together a system
to make sure this gets updated on time! (yes we all know I am terrible at it)

Secondly let me explain how the rest of the year is going to work:

The list that was just updated was from 11/1/09 so any tournaments up until that date had counted. The next update
will be at the begining of the new year and it will include any tournaments from Novemeber 1st to Decmeber 31st.
Afterwards we will be going back the the original plan of one month updates.Please Direct any questions, comments,
concerns to the PM box or E-mail of this account! Thanks

Infern Angelis

Smash Master
yay up 2 spots, next list should really interesting, especially with King Beef going up there for sure

Also, I have used Ike more times then OS has used ROB in tournament. So why dont I get my ike on there too?

Also good **** Fonz and 64 for making the list/again.

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
How am I still on this? o_0

Unless Nope's low tier tournament counted...that was too ****. God Kais grand finals are the best.

Nope

Smash Lord
fixed some characters. OS hasn't really used Rob since Aug. and Smash is back to some Snake action

TheKiest

Smash Champion
"There's a power rankings in all of us...."

How do you guys feel about a neutral panelist who just updates this sucker? (but doesn't vote/submit/whatever goes on back there)

clowsui

Smash Legend
louis you sure about >20? here's a list of all the candidates right now which is 20 ppl

Infern
Tyr
Smash
Y.b.M.
Kel
OS
QUIVO
Z
AlphaZealot
dj_iskaskribble
Fizzle
King Beef
Blue Rogue
Shugo
Beegs
Champ
Capem
Lou
Fonz
Nope
Mew2King

Infern Angelis

Smash Master
So yeah, Im not going to any more tournaments till the next PR

So i should be able to get #1 in Ohio
10Nope's

haha jk <3 Nope

lou4222

Smash Lord
So you know how theres Inui logic? Well I have just deemed the above rationale Infern logic. If you win a tournament your automatically #1 on your states power ranking, end of question. Thats Infern logic:)

solecalibur

Smash Master
going to be interesting when this updates again since a lot has already happened

I assume my idea of making an ohio power rankings account worked or am I just babbling?

I also recommend any MM over $5 goes on PR as most PR takes that into consideration

Infern Angelis

Smash Master
In all seriousness, really looking forward to how the next update will look. There has been alot of upsets in just a months time by various players.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
King mutha****in BEEF due for some PR action! xD

As far as this last list stands, I've defeated one HM (Lou), number 9 (Smash64), number 8 (Nope), number 3 (Blue Rogue), and number 1 (AlphaZealot).
I've lost to number 5 (Y.b.M.), as well as number 7 (Fonz) and Quivo this past weekend.

My victory against AZ was only in pools, but I figure I'd add it lol. A set's a set in terms of PR contribution I guess, but I agree to bracket sets holding more weight. Still consider it though. :3

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
Ummmm I'm Thinking that it would be something Like This:

Infern
AZ
Blue Rogue
Y.b.M.
Kel
OS
Fonz
Nope
Capem
Smash 64

But with my Luck... I will just stay at 5th Place....*sigh*

Edit: Damm, I forgot about King Beef... He Should be on there as well....Smash 64 might be coming off...

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
1. Infern (you're high if you don't think he deserves this.)
2. Ybm/AZ
3. AZ/Ybm
4. Blue Rogue
5. Kel
6. OS
7. Capem
8. Fonz
9. Nope
10. Smash64/King Beef

Also, please remove me from the HM.

Infern Angelis

Smash Master
U guys make me too happy :)
now watch me get 10th place this coming tournament lol

Not sure about me being 1st though, the only person I have not played on the PR is Kel. Plus AZ has beaten the Top PR players more times then I have , same with OS. But we shall see what happens :p

Top Bottom