• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Inundating Style: A Link Guide by MES!

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I like the research you have done and the effort put into it.

I'll repeat what I said in the PM,

I'm quite impressed.

The only things I'd change is the Dodge being a weakness and adding projectiles to his pros. His spot dodge is actually one of the best spot dodges in the game, It starts on frame two has invincibility till frame 20 and ends on frame 22. That's enough time for Link to side step a lot of attacks and counteract. The projectile thing is just something I feel should be added, but that might as well fall under the versatility point you made.

All in all a good guide thus far.

Thunder Of Zeus

*Rumble Rumble*
I agree with Red. I have some good information in the HOT Guide, and if we collaborate, we could combine it all into a nice resource for Link mains here on Smashboards.

Do you know how to do hitboxes?

Rizen

Smash Legend
^What do you mean by collaborate?

Updated: Attack Wall and frame data added! Thanks xX Crow Xx! Hit bubble pics update will come soon.
Please post you comments and suggestions.

Shulix

Smash Rookie
Thank you for this! = D

It's so comprehensive, I can finally stop using that ***** Marth and get better with Link...haha

Rizen

Smash Legend
Updated: Controlling The Stage section added.
Hey, 450+ views, this is a 'hot thread'.
Comments are welcome, I need as many different Link main field tests as possible. Post away.
Video's are coming soon.

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
This guide is amazing! So much hitbox info and data, any Link main could benefit from this thread! Well done!

Rizen

Smash Legend
First inundating video walk through is finally up! More to come...

Keep this par in mind, everyone:
Smart opponents will not give Link the room he likes. Most of your match will be played with your own style of fighting. Keep ‘inundating’ in mind as an addition to what you do. Try combos and attacks from different angles, use indirect range when you get a breather. Incorporate the parts of inundating that work for you.

Top Bottom