• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Phoenix Brawl! March 13th, 2010 (***Port Coquitlam, BC)

Lib3r4t3

Smash Ace

Welcome to the large BC Brawl tournament series. This will be the first event and we want it to be a big start to a new page in BC Brawl! We really hope to see whoever can make it, and we gladly challenge anyone out of province to try and take our money, as well as helping us improve.

The venue has changed from Abbotsford to Port Coquitlam​

Venue:

Home Video 3274 Coast Meridian Road, Port Coquitlam - (604) 941-9313

Fees and Prizes

Venue Fee: $5*
Brawl Singles: $10
Brawl Doubles $5 per person
64 Singles: $5

Pot will be split 60/30/10 for Brawl Singles and Doubles, 70/30 for 64 singles

Schedule**:

10:00am - Venue Opens, Brawl doubles registration
11:00am - Brawl doubles
2:00pm - Brawl singles registration
3:00pm Brawl singles
2:00am - Venue closes

There will be a 64 singles tournament in there when one of the events is not too busy.

**Schedule is likely to change

Rules

3 Stock
8 Minutes
Sets of best 2 of 3.
Winners, Losers, and Grand Finals will be best 3 of 5
Items are to be set to "Off" and "None".
BYOC (Bring your own controller.)
Dave's Stupid Modified Rule will be used. (Player may not counterpick to the last stage they won on.)
Dumb Stages can be used. (Any stage can be played on if both players agree).

Sets will proceed in this format:
1. Players pick their characters*** and a stage is picked by random to one of the set neutrals.
2. Players may use one veto each on a random stage. They will quit the round and let random pick a new stage. In doubles there will be a veto for each team as opposed to a player each.
3. Winner of the first match bans a stage, the loser counterpicks a stage, the winner picks their character and then the loser picks theirs before the second match is played.
4. Step 3 is repeated until the set's winner is determined.

In the event of a time out, the winner is determined by stock, and then by percentage. If a tie exists, play a 1 stock match on the same stage with the same characters to determine the winner.

If Bowser's Klaw is initiated then the win will go to Bowser. If Ganondorf initiates a Ganoncide, ignore the outcome and the win will go to Ganondorf. All other suicides will be sent to the tie-breaker.

The 50 ledgegrab rule is in effect (You may only grab the ledge 30 times in a match). Players who suspect their opponent have grabbed the ledge more than 30 times must call it before they leave the results screen, otherwise we will not be able to enforce this rule.

Any action used to cause the match unfinishable (freezing or other glitches) will result in the forfeit of the match by the initiator.

Metaknight's Infinite Dimensional Cape is banned. Standing infinites are banned. Ice Climber's Fusion glitch is banned.

Players using a Wii-mote to play must take their batteries out when not playing. For any disobedience of this rule, we'll punish as we see fit.

We will be adding rules as needed, and without notice. The final word comes down to myself or another TO's decision.

Stagelist:

Neutral
Final Destination
Smashville
Battlefield
Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
Pokemon Stadium

Counterpick
Lylat Cruise
Brinstar
Jungle Japes
Rainbow Cruise
Delfino Plaza
Frigate Orpheon
Halberd
Castle Seige
Pictochat

Housing:

We only have a few options for housing right now.

C0nspire is able to take 6 people for housing, but he has very little bedding; if you house with him it's advised to bring a blanket or air mattress.

LFL might be able to squeeze some extra out of province brawlers into his house but he promises that if he can't, he'll find someone that can.

If you are able to house anyone in the Abbotsford area or anywhere not too far from it, please please please post here telling us.

Setups:

Please, please, PLEASE bring setups if you are able to. Any extra TV, Wii and brawl will help us out so very much. CRT TVs only please, as LCDs are prone to lagging.

TVs: 10
Venue: 10

Wiis+Brawl: 6-7
Lib3r4t3 (1)
LFL (4)
Blue Yoshi (1?)
King of Sack (1)

64+SSB: 2-3
Lib3r4t3 (1)
Blue Yoshi (1)
Superboom (1?)

Attendence:

If you are able to attend, please post, and I'll put you on the list. A star denotes that the person is unconfirmed. Bold means they're out of province.

1. Lib3r4t3
2. LFL
3. Kill0ck
4. Superboom
5. Kuraudo

6. Firefly
7. Breez
8. BundtCake
9. AsaDelta
10. JPWN
11. iKool
12. Ced
13. Corbin
14. Hussler
15. Blue Yoshi
16. H8 Making Names
17. Grimice
18. Pterodactyl Yelnats
19. King of Sack
20. John Davidson
21. Blunted_Object10*
22. Vincent*
23. T-Block*
24. Sion*
25. Clouderz
26. Zezima

Lib3r4t3

Smash Ace
If anyone can provide housing please let me know. Also, pleaaase bring setups. A tournament will be exponentially more smooth if we have enough setups.

LFL

Smash Journeyman
Its Komodo pc not whatever you put up there :p So far i have 4 tvs and wiis

ikool

Smash Apprentice
So munch tourney plays! I guess you can confirm me for both singles n doubles, but seeing as March is quite the ways away, I may or may not come due to unforeseen circumstances.

In other words, I'll come if nothing comes up.

Lib3r4t3

Smash Ace
I'll call your yays and raise you 10 more yays

I'll come, and I'll try to get my falco friend to come as well
Does he have a specific tag I can list him under as?

Liberate I can assure you there will more than enough housing.
I'm still trying on getting WA to this tournament, and if need be, I don't want to assure them that I do have housing moreso than present them with options of housing. This also goes for any further alberta people, okanagan people that come a day early so they aren't travelling in the morning, and any island people that come a day earlier as well. It's much more professional to say, "Here is where you can house" rather than "We have housing for you, don't you worry."

Its Komodo pc not whatever you put up there :p So far i have 4 tvs and wiis
The venue name or something else?

So munch tourney plays! I guess you can confirm me for both singles n doubles, but seeing as March is quite the ways away, I may or may not come due to unforeseen circumstances.

In other words, I'll come if nothing comes up.
Yeah, I'll put you up as confirmed and if anything happens, just let us know. :)

Kuraudo is my new best friend, he has a blazblue avatar and doesn't afraid of tager
Brandon likes me more than you.

Hussler

Smash Rookie
Sick! I'll definitely try to make it, but don't put me down. It really depends on my next semester course load...

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
If I come, I'm bringing melee. lol
I might use this as a means of going to melee the Van guys for the weekend on the off-tourney times, so maybe getting back into Brawl around this time would be reasonable. I'll enter doubles probably, and singles depending if it's small enough and won't take long. LOL
Wouldn't wanna take ALL your money though. :\

64 with Dan is a must as well, make sure he comes with you Brandon! :D

BUUUUT
On one condition!

I'm not allowed to exist until May, so I must be NOT HERE if I do go.
Get it? You know what I mean. ;)

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
I'm coming. Wait, did you say 64 is an event? I'm definitely coming now :p

I'll post this on the Victoria facebook group, and send a message to all the AllIsBrawl Victoria members. We have about 10 or so brawlers in Vancouver Island that enter brawl in the Biweeklies here in Victoria, so hopefully some can come as well.

Gotta start practicing up :p

edit: sent message to everyone. Hopefully some people are interested :)

talking_chicken

Smash Apprentice
Wait, Abbotsford actually has a smash scene? That's news to me. :p

As much as I would like to go to something like this, I can't, as I'll be in Waterloo on a work term at the time. That and I'd probably just go for 64. :p

Grimice

Smash Apprentice
I'll be coming from the island and bringing my IC'ers with me =D

should be fun, ill be freshly back from Pound4 in January for this.
can anyone let me know if they can provide housing?
the sooner i get things set-up i find the easier.

hope to see lots of people there =D

i can also bring a wii-setup and ill bring my TV.

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
I will bring a 64 setup, lots of 64 controllers, maybe a wii setup, and lots of Victoria smashers. Everyone from Vancouver Island will likely need housing, me included, just as a heads up. I'd like to be housed with someone who plays 64 if possible (since it is obviously the best of the three smash games) :p

Terodactyl Yelnats

Smash Ace
NNID
Perseids_Tero
Hopefully I can come like Blue Yoshi, Vancouver Island smashers Ftw :p I might be able to come I just need someone to get me there.

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
I'm coming. Wait, did you say 64 is an event? I'm definitely coming now :p

I'll post this on the Victoria facebook group, and send a message to all the AllIsBrawl Victoria members. We have about 10 or so brawlers in Vancouver Island that enter brawl in the Biweeklies here in Victoria, so hopefully some can come as well.

Gotta start practicing up :p

edit: sent message to everyone. Hopefully some people are interested :)
i cant guarantee it but i will most likely show up, ill enter brawl singles/doubles (if i can find a partner) and 64 singles
Wait, Abbotsford actually has a smash scene? That's news to me. :p

As much as I would like to go to something like this, I can't, as I'll be in Waterloo on a work term at the time. That and I'd probably just go for 64. :p
I'll be coming from the island and bringing my IC'ers with me =D

should be fun, ill be freshly back from Pound4 in January for this.
can anyone let me know if they can provide housing?
the sooner i get things set-up i find the easier.

hope to see lots of people there =D

i can also bring a wii-setup and ill bring my TV.
Hopefully I can come like Blue Yoshi, Vancouver Island smashers Ftw :p I might be able to come I just need someone to get me there.
Holy crap, where have you guys been hiding? =0 We're starting up a Brawl Power ranking for BC soon, so you guys should come ASAP and show us what you've got. =D

:005:

ikool

Smash Apprentice
I just realized that I have entered doubles for this tourney but I am minus a doubles partner.

Anyone interested in teaming up with a Diddy Kawng player, please PM me! :D

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
Holy crap, where have you guys been hiding? =0 We're starting up a Brawl Power ranking for BC soon, so you guys should come ASAP and show us what you've got. =D

:005:
As far as we knew, we were the only place left in BC that still held consistent brawl tournaments. Almost of BC had gone to melee. We do have some fairly good brawlers (well, that said, we have good people for every smash game).

I saw the power ranking. The Taokaka quote is win. Deserves the #1 spot no question.

As for everyone on the island who is planning on going, we will discuss transportation methods as the day arrives. Several of us can drive, so transportation should not be an issue.

As for the attendees list, a few errors:

H8 Making Names is a Vancouver Island smasher, not an out-of-province smasher.

talking_chicken is unable to attend this tournament. Although he lives in Abbotsford/Victoria, he is on his co-op term in Waterloo Ontario at the time, so he won't be able to attend. So take him off the list.

Top Bottom