• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A Pound 4 the homies: January 9th GOOD PRACTICE!

King~

Smash Champion
i was asked kindly to put this up, since steve has alot on his plate currently

Venue Name: All American Cards & Comics
Address: 161 W Market St
Warren, Ohio, United States

Venue Fee: $10; Waived to $5 if you bring a setup thats used
Singles entry- $10 per person
Doubles entry- $20 per team

ill get pics up hopefully, soon as steve get em for those of you wandering.

lets make this fun

Start time- 12:00pm-12:30pm
Doubles Reg ends- 1:30pm
Singles Reg begins- 1:30pm
Singles Reg ends- 2:30 pm
Pools or singles bracket begins- 2:45-3:00

ill provide a time for a food break between doubles and singles, when i see how doubles brackets is going.

i will do pools if we get enough people to do so

payouts are as follows:

1st: 55%
2nd: 30%
3rd: 15%

Teams Payout
1st: 55%
2nd: 30%
3rd: 15%

Brawl Rules and Format:

* 3 Stock Double Elimination

* 8 minute timer

* Items are set to "off" and "none"

* Bring your own controller

* All matches prior to Winners' and Losers' Finals are best of 3. Winners', Losers', and Grand Finals are best of 5

* The Stage Strike system will be used and explained for the first match of all sets, then after procedure is loser stage pick, winner character choice, loser character choice.

* In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors

* Dave's Stupid Rule: No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.

* In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS winner will get the last port.

* If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.

* Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned.

* Port slob picks: On a player's counterpick, that player may opt to redo the port selection process with that player or team picking their port first.

* Wiimotes and Classic Controller users should know to take the batteries out of their controllers after finishing a set; not only will this save battery life, but it prevents accidental intereference and delay for tournament matches.

* The Mages DQ rule: After a match has been called, if a player is two minutes late he will receive a warning. At 4 minutes late, he will be given a loss for the first game of the set. After six minutes, he will be given a loss of the entire set.

* If a game ends with Bowser doing his suicide klaw and it ends in sudden death, the sudden death will be ignored and that game will count as a win for Bowser.

* Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action.

* Stalling is banned. This includes ledge stalling, which is running away after gaining a lead in percent/stock and abusing the ledge's invincibilty.

* D3's standing infinite is banned, you can chaingrab across the stage however

King Yoshi's Brawl Stage list:

Starters:

Final destination
Battlefield
Smashville
Yoshi island
pokemon stadium 1

Counterpicks:

Lylat
Castle Seige
Frigate Orpheon
Halberd
Brinstar
Delfino Plaza
Rainbow Cruise

BRING TVS AND WIIS!!!

King~

Smash Champion
its in the basement of a comic book shop, these where the nums i was given :/

im not in contact with the venue owners i was just asked to run the tourney

clowsui

Smash Legend
WOW this sucks that cincinnati is hosting a pound4 smashfest during this day. i don't expect u to resched tho
i dunno how many of us will make it up there : ( sorry!

What's The Point

Smash Master
This has been planned since around Halloween.

Also, doesn't a Friday smashfest for practice then a Saturday tournament for testing sound much better?

clowsui

Smash Legend
getting drivers might be a problem too : (

we'll see what other ppl have to say from cincy, i'm by no means a spokesperson

What's The Point

Smash Master
Assuming there are enough set ups, I kinda want to throw a crew battle at this, to go along with the pre-Pound 4 feel. At the moment I'm thinking God Kais against the rest of the MW. God Kais (Going by Y.b.M's sig) are pretty stacked in terms of MW(E) power, plus they are their own crew, also God Kais! So I figured it would make sense.

This also assumes Cinci shows up as opposed to what Clowsui is saying.

Edit - I also advocate a top 5 payout.

And swapping Lylat with PS1 (As it is at Pound 4).

I'm not totally sure about this. 10$ venue fee....I'm really hating that. Not to mention the pay out is just top 3 for both singles and doubles.

I'm not gonna lie, if I have to pay a 10$ venue fee...it better be ran so ****ing well.

I'll bring a set up if I decide to come.

Also, please post a rule about planking. Thank you in advance.

The_Altrox

Smash Lord
NNID
The_Altrox
I can bring a set up maybe, but the only TV I can take is 10 x 10 inches. If I am allowed to bring it, would it be too small or no?

What's The Point

Smash Master
Things aren't looking good for this tournament. The OH regulars, outside of NE OH, are going to Cinci. Then the circuit part of this is gone and has moved to a tournament in IN on the same date, so anyone with a 2+ hour drive will probably favor that since the drive will be almost the same, or shorter, for more competition.

I'd expect less people than at your house tournaments, since it would be all the same people but with a venue fee.

Might just want to do what Cinci is and have people at your house for the day smashing. Or go to Cinci.

ArgentStew

Smash Lord
It seems like there's a lot going on this day, but perhaps I'm just still way out of it... If I'm visiting my family (they live like 5-10 min from the venue), then this one is a no brainer for me... :p

King~

Smash Champion
well no one wants to go, so thie means i dont have a ride.

steve may still host it on his own he maynot, just wait for his word

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
I'll pass. I'm not down for $10 venue. MD/VA already made that mistake and their personal tourney scene in terms of venues and costs is horrific. Let's try not to repeat it anywhere in Ohio.

King~

Smash Champion
ok so im a bit slow and request off the wrong day(friday:dizzy:) so even with a ride i wouldnt be able to make it as i am schedualed till 3:30 on saturday

The_Altrox

Smash Lord
NNID
The_Altrox
steve will host he saud, and itt may go so its still lookin good for u guys
ok. hope you can somehow make it. I don't think we've brawled since I first went to one of your tourneys and I think (or I'd like to think) that I've improved since then.

COHEED AND CAMBRIA

Smash Ace
Yeah guys sorry for the confusion Venue is only $5 nothing if you bring a tv plus a set up its at a actually venue this time. Anyone who comes im hosting both same day but dont worry their is enough room for over 100 people so space is no prob.

The_Altrox

Smash Lord
NNID
The_Altrox
C&C, how many people will be brawling? I figure there will be a million melee people, and I could enter the melee stuff if nobody is brawling, 'cept... I sux in Melee

edit: hopefully the snow won't be as bad as it was today

Top Bottom