• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wings and Brew V: Sweet Smokn' BBQ Results (Dec 12) - FULL RESULTS POSTED!

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Wings and Brew V: Sweet Smokn' BBQ Results
December 12, 2009​

Fonz Videos

Singles - 20 Entrants
1st: AlphaZealot (Diddy Kong) - $90
2nd: Capem (Meta Knight) - $42
3rd: Fonz (Lucario) - $27
4th: Quivo (Toon Link) - $15
5th: Beegs (Marth) - $8
5th: Champ (Falco/Ice Climbers) - $8
7th: Z (Meta Knight)
7th: KB (Peach)
9th: Sil
9th: Smashglov
9th: NewBreeze
9th: Wakka
13th: Fortenium
13th: Moose
13th: Kicks
13th: Framerate
17th: TheKeist
17th: SoulPech
17th: SoleCaliber
17th: FlyingFrenchman

Teams - 8 Teams
1st: Capem and Fonz - $82
2nd: Z and Champ - $45
3rd: Quivo and AlphaZealot - $22
4th: Beegs and KB
5th: Sil and Wakka
5th: Smashglov and Newbreeze
7th: Fortenium and FlyingFrenchman
7th: Framerate and TheKeist

Thank you to everyone who made it out! I hope you all had fun, had some great food, and the crew battle was epic!

Ultimately this was I think the ideal number of people for a WaB event. It's always been a bit more crowded then I've liked but 20 seemed to fit PERFECTLY. We had 7 setups to, for an unbelievable ratio of 2.85 people per TV. Good stuff and thank you to everyone who brought a setup and helped make the event a success. The crew battle was also 9 v 9, so most people stayed a few hours late just to play!

---

Alright, lets do shoutouts, no more talking about stuff that didn't happen at the tournament with people who didn't go.

clowsui

Smash Legend
KB getting 7th >=(
STEP IT UP KB!

Everybody who attended this please post in clowsui's C4 thread! I wanna see all you guys there!

KIEST YOU'D BETTER HAVE MY VIDEOS!

AZ you just got lucky and didn't have to fight Champ :mad:

clowsui

Smash Legend
You guys are all ******** and biased. Please inform yourselves before you make such useless posts in any tournament thread again. If you choose not to, please end your existence.

fonzi21

Smash Ace
Will do shoutouts once full results are up, also I recorded a **** ton of Video's I will have them up on my youtube page by monday night. I got all the winners and losers and grand finals of singles and doubles along with some pools and other matches. about 10 video's.

Also what clowsui said basically. The venue was capped. He didn't allow favoritism to trade spots or anything. nothing wrong with that.

clowsui

Smash Legend
1) How about you show some respect for people like ITT who have been trying to go and asking me about it for like the last 6 days. You JUST popped in and assumed you would be able to go, and now you are upset at something I've had established and posted for weeks, and a policy I have had for this series for the last 10 months. Funnily enough, if NEOH all went to the Smashfest at ITT today and instead made it a tournament, the attendance would be similar to WaB I'd bet.

2) I don't throw ****ty tournaments, so I cap events because unlike other TO's I don't want to be in a small cramped space for 12+ straight hours. The WaB series is meant to be fun and relaxing, and I would rather have a small crowd than a large one.

3) You are using quotes from past events, not this one. I believe both of those quotes refer to when we were upstairs, which was a completely different scenario then being downstairs, where there is only half the room for playing. The fact is last time we were downstairs the room that had the TVs could only fit about 16 people comfortably.

Alright, that covers everything, I'm off to the venue.
funny cuz in the past it seems like you allowed more people to come and encourage other people to come

SUDDENLY I want to show and you can't give people other people's spots (even though one guy FORFEITTED HIS SPOT TO ME)? why does that ****ing matter as long as you get the same number of attendees.

it's quite obvious your true intentions, and I'm not buying your BS
Glad I refreshed the page:

I'm not sure I've ever allowed people to "give" people spots. It's always been if someone cancels that the NEXT PERSON WHO HAD BEEN WAITING GETS IN. You would be behind about 5 different people. Suddenly you want to show, and you automatically assume you can just get in front of people like ITT/Blue Rogue who I have been tell cannot come since BEFORE you even showed up in this thread.
NJ, stop posting in here and being douches. AZ has a f-ing cap, respect it. Not even God can cut in line at this tourney so just respect that.

Sorry for my state being dumb guys.
For all you ignorant mother****ers.

clowsui

Smash Legend
m2k the cap was always 24 he had it at 26 because he anticipated people not being able to attend between the tournament and when he posted the list, so the list would still work if ppl left

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
M2K: ITT and Bluerogue were never included on the list of players to come. BOTH OF THOSE PLAYERS WERE AHEAD OF YOU ON MY WAITLIST.

The NEOH carpool was Beegs/KB and such. King Yoshi was the only person in the other carpool who had a spot. ITT posted to late that he wanted to come. Blue Rogue posted WAY to late that he wanted to come. Both those players though still postd BEFORE you did M2K.

The cap was never 26. Just cause there is a list with 26 names doesn't mean the cap was not still 24, it was just me putting two wait list people on the list in anticipation of other people dropping.

I didn't change ****. I had a list of 26 names that I said was final before you even came into my thread. Before I even knew you were interested in coming. You showed up at 11:00PM the night before a tournament with an announced cap and just thought you could grab a spot with no problem.
It is no ones fault but your own, all you had to do was plan a week in advance and you would have been fine.

And you can't trade spots. No one bought any tickets. You don't "own" your spot. Its yours if you come. If you don't the next person in line gets it. Essentially M2K you are upset that I didn't let you cut in line, and guess what? I don't care, you don't get special treatment, and just cause there are some EC meatriders who would let your behavior slide, that doesn't mean I will.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
I still don't believe you. There was plenty of room for me to go and you only posted this after I posted. I know for a fact that you told other people that you go "even" with me (I don't remember exactly who said it but someone told me that about a month ago at a tourney) which isn't true at all, so this seems too ironic and I do not trust your word that much on these things anymore. Maybe you are right, and if so I apologize, but it seems way too fishy to me and I still don't believe you and I'm still upset cuz you know I couldn't go to a tourney last week and you all know I rely on this game for my money and with all the facts I know it seems like you wouldn't let me go because you didn't want me to win.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
This post was made before Mew2King even said anything in the thread. Stop attacking AZ for sticking with something he planned a while ago, guys.

This is the final list. Sorry ITT but there is just no way to fit a whole car of NEOH people at the downstairs of WaB. If we were upstairs it would work, but downstairs def won't. :(
You and a car for you (so + 3-4 people) will get first priority for the next WaB. I don't like turning people away but I also don't want to put on a ****ty event.

The list is at 26, which is two over the cap, this is done cause there will probably be a couple last minute day-of cancelations.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Cry moar, M2K. He stuck with his pre-planned rules, no one gets any special treatment.

And holy crap man...massive ego in that last post.

TheKiest

Smash Champion
Clowsui, I have whatever vids Sole gave me.

It'll take time to go through them since they weren't ready to be uploaded right away. Expect them this weekend.

@Fonz: Let me know when you upload yours so we don't have the same video up twice (I forgot which ones you have...)

As usual, OUGA videos will be at:
http://www.youtube.com/user/OUGamingArts

Fonz's will be at:
http://www.youtube.com/user/the12fonz21
(Should just make a Smashfield one.... lolz)

Paranormalsin

Smash Ace
(its literally all jiberish up to this point) I rely on this game for my money and with all the facts I know it seems like you wouldn't let me go (end the QQ'ing here)
in all honesty m2k, id say you're not the only one that "lives" off this game. I wanted to go to this too, and up till friday, which i posted about, i had assumed i would be able to. Then i got a call from wakka, saying he had a spot for me, and i passed it up whether or not AZ actually had the spot, mainly bc i knew the venue was small and that the rules were set. Now why does that involve you? Because it seems everyone knew the rules but YOU.

this weekend as in like 12/19? or like today lol

in any case good stuff, i wanna see that tier list mm too LOL
freaking answer me back on facebook more!

looks like springfield came close to top "everything" but az just taking names since nopes not around >.>

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
lol hush up clowsui, I had both Fonz and Quivo shaking (last hit third games) and put on a good show too. I ain't mad, I'll just adapt more and place higher next time. :3

Edit: I'll post shoutouts soon. Get 'em up people!

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
lol sounds like some people need to learn to read. AZ had the rules set up way ahead of time as people have stated several times.

It sucks to not be able to go to a tourney because of a cap but that's kind of the breaks with this venue. It's an awesomely chill place for a tournament but not exactly ideal because of lack of space. M2K needs to chill and haters need to mind their own business (and stop meatriding lol.)

AZ is an awesome TO.

Congrats to springfield for bringing it to this tourney.

God Kais!

QUIVO

Smash Master
AZ is a very good TO, and I had an awesome time at this tournament. WaBs are always crazy.

Also, M2K don't be an idiot. Read old posts and see what AZ has said. No one is out to get you, calm the **** down and quit being a victim

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
1st: AlphaZealot (Diddy Kong) - Congrats on winning; awesome tourney. Hopefully we can meet in bracket again sometime. Winning in pools doesn't feel too fulfilling lol.
2nd: Capem (Meta Knight) - nice job on 2nd.
3rd: Fonz (Lucario) - Intense set! Next time I'll remember to NOT approach when I have the lead last stock like I did. I'll be tougher next time. Good **** Springfield.
4th: Quivo (Toon Link) - Another awesome set! Good **** with that last fair to win the set, I didn't see it coming lol. I'm glad you like the Peach. :)
5th: Beegs (Marth) - Newlyweds are too good, nice job on 5th bro.
5th: Champ (Falco/Ice Climbers) - Lol let's make sure we play each other before we do anything else after doubles next tourney. You're right, we never get to play haha.
7th: Z (Meta Knight)- LOL the underrated avengers place the same!
7th: KB (Peach)- *points above*
9th: Sil- Still a good ROB, keep it up man.
9th: Smashglov- You're getting better fast, I'm watching that Falco for sure.
9th: NewBreeze- Freshfart! Pretty solid MK.
9th: Wakka- Not kidding lol, your Diddy scares me more than AZ's. Just a personal reaction to your style though.
13th: Moose- Sweet Sheik. That ditto was too fun.
13th: Framerate- Restin' peeps, yo.
17th: TheKeist- That santa hat was sexy. Got any more for me to wear maybe next time?
17th: SoulPech- Good **** in crews lol.
17th: SoleCaliber- Place higher man! Your ZSS is too good for 17th or lower.

Had a lot of fun, always worth the trip to one of AZ's well-run tournies.
Suck my **** most of EC.

capemkills

Smash Journeyman
I still don't believe you. There was plenty of room for me to go and you only posted this after I posted. I know for a fact that you told other people that you go "even" with me (I don't remember exactly who said it but someone told me that about a month ago at a tourney) which isn't true at all, so this seems too ironic and I do not trust your word that much on these things anymore. Maybe you are right, and if so I apologize, but it seems way too fishy to me and I still don't believe you and I'm still upset cuz you know I couldn't go to a tourney last week and you all know I rely on this game for my money and with all the facts I know it seems like you wouldn't let me go because you didn't want me to win.
Its not our problem if you rely on this game for money. If you want us to feel bad because you were unable to make it to tourneys and need the money, too bad...if you can't make it to tournies then maybe you should consider getting a job outside of smash? Its funny because the whole point of Wings and brew is to have fun and relax...not about winning money.

And for the record, you dont know what your talking about m2k. Az wasn't letting anyone trade spots...considering we had one member of our crew bail who was on the list, and I personally called az and asked him if we could fill his spot with another member of our crew and he said no because the venue was full. Wait in line and stop acting like a child, its my understanding that your in college correct? then act like it and grow up.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Owned.

Ok, guys, let's ditch the argument and post shoutouts to each other like every other results thread! :D

Top Bottom