• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PSI Magnet: In-depth (possible) Uses

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
OK, I'm beginning to feel this is necessary for me to create here at smashboards due to the fact that I'm slowly discovering more and more awesome stuff to do with PSI Magnet each day.... within 3 days of playing Brawl, I ended up basically randomly creating 3 or 4 different strategies and better tactics to using the move.... ALL OF WHICH INVOLVE B REVERSAL!!!!!!!

I'd like to start from the beginning with this guide and do more to add on to it, but right now I'm tired, have to do TONS of stuff for/before finals, and can only be on here a little bit due to an extremely packed schedule....

I have a replay or two on my wii which show all three of my recently discovered stuff basically to their best of usage.... the one on the ledge involves either extremely good timing, bsticking, or really fast fingers, because It's extremely difficult for me to do....(I NEED SOMEONE TO SEND THESE REPLAYS TO SO THAT THEY CAN BE UPLOADED TO YOUTUBE!)

NONE OF THIS YOU NEED TO DO!!! THESE ARE SUGGESTIONS TO ALTERATIONS IN YOUR GAMES TO EITHER IMPROVE YOUR USE OF PSI MAGNET OR EXPAND UPON IT'S USES!!! It's a help in some real matches depending on character, but nearly all of my PSIMAG tactics are destroyed by marth or other characters without absorbable projectiles...

From this:
Absorbing Projectiles
Tips and tricks to ensure that extra edge in a match.

For me, I'm mostly absorbing in the air while moving away from my opponent, but others would prefer to absorb while on the ground so that they can lag cancel the magnet when they absorb. I prefer the ground, but in cases that I am normally faced with it benefits me more to jump backwards and absorb. The key to absorbing a projectile is to ensure that you WILL absorb it; it takes a couple of frames to start up, so you have to be able to judge when the absorption starts up, and even the ending lag to ensure that if you do absorb something that you don't take the damage right back. (of course you can use PSI Magnet wind to push them back, but it's not the recommended method of avoiding an attack) Once that is done, there are a couple more tricks that it would help to have mastered: jumping above the absorbable projectile and dropping/moving into it for the absorption, guessing where/when your opponent will fire the projectile, and reacting properly once you absorbed the projectile to ensure a smooth transition back to the battle.
--- Jumping up and dropping to absorb is really easy. Simply enough, just jump back (full hop) and maybe double jump (still moving backwards) and Magnet. If you time it right, you absorb it without having to hold the special button down. You will almost always drop back to the ground safely, end your magnet's lag animations and continue without a problem. I recommend only using this type of absorption when the enemy is far away from you, just to ensure no unexpected followups that could hurt you even more.
--- Guessing where and when your opponent will use a projectile takes a little bit of knowledge into the other character, but most of the time you can see it coming (pits arrows, lucarios neutral b, samus' charge shot, pikachus thunder and neutral b, pkflash, pkt, etc.). The way that I go about such guessing is to allow my opponent to get into their "groove" of how they normally play, pick up on where they are most likely to use it and react accordingly... but sometimes because of wifi I am unable to get the absorption (I hate lag so much when using ness). This is a mind-game-y aspect, but if you keep the magnet in mind it'll give you a few extra percents back.
---
PSI Magnet : Absorb Stuff

Really now...Eagle has done lots of work with PSI Magnet, and I looked around and noticed we don't have a thread here for absorbable projectiles. While some of these will be "no duh", some of them even I didn't know.

---

>>>>> This is the original link. MOST the statistics on damage and heal are taken from this link, credit to them: http://allisbrawl.com/forum/topic.aspx?id=4134

---

Bowser:
Fire Breath: YES ~ 1-8% dmg - 13% heal (note: this is from one button tap of fire breath, can fluctuate)

Captain Falcon:
n/a, no projectiles

Diddy Kong:
Bananas: NO
Peanuts: NO

Donkey Kong:
n/a, no projectiles

Falco:
Blaster: YES ~ 3% dmg - 5% heal

Fox:
Blaster: YES ~ 2% dmg - 5% heal

Mr. Game and Watch:
Chef: NO

Ganondorf:
n/a, no projectiles

Ice Climbers:
Blizzard: YES ~ 1-18% dmg - 2-68% heal
Ice Block: NO

Ike:
n/a, no projectiles

Jigglypuff:
n/a, no projectiles

King Dedede:
Super Dedede Jump: YES ~ 11% dmg - 8% heal (from the stars only)
Waddle Dees: NO
Waddle Doos: YES ~ 3-21% dmg - ?-39% heal

Kirby:
Final Cutter: YES ~ 6% dmg - 10% heal
Inhale: YES ~ depends on what you inhale, it will apply to any character with a NORMAL B MOVE absorbable projectile (Stars: ???)

Link:
Arrows: NO
Bombs: NO
Gale Boomerang: NO

Lucario:
Aura Sphere: YES ~ 5-26% dmg - 1-30% heal
Force Palm: YES ~ 6-12% dmg - 11-22% heal

Lucas:
PK Fire: YES ~ 8% dmg - 5% heal
PK Freeze: YES ~ 10-18% dmg - 16-38% heal
PK Thunder: YES ~ 8% dmg - 13% heal (the tail, is ???)

Luigi:
Fireballs: YES ~ 6% dmg - 10% heal

Marth:
n/a, no projectiles

Mario:
Fireballs: YES ~ 5% dmg - 8% heal
FLUDD: NO

Meta Knight:
n/a, no projectiles

Ness:
PK Fire: YES ~ 1-22% dmg - 7% heal
PK Flash: YES ~ 10-37% dmg - 15-30% heal
PK Thunder: YES ~ 10% dmg - 13% heal (the tail, is ???)

Peach:
Toad Spores: YES ~ 1-2% dmg - 5-45% heal
Vegetables: NO

Pikachu:
Thunder: YES ~ 10-17% dmg - 16% heal
Thunder Jolt: YES ~ 6% dmg - 10% heal

Pikmin and Olimar:
Pikmin: NO

Pit:
Arrows: YES ~ 5-11% dmg - 8-18% heal

Pokemon Trainer:
  • Charizard: Flamethrower: YES ~ 1-22% dmg - 1-infinity% heal (note: this was done holding down the B button until Ness was knocked back too far or his PSI Magnet stopped)
  • Ivysaur: Bullet Seed: NO
    Razor Leaf: NO
  • Squirtle: Water Gun: NO

R.O.B.:
Gyro: NO
Lasers: YES ~ 5-9% dmg - 8-25% heal

Samus:
Charge Shot: YES ~ 3-25% dmg - 5-30% heal
Missles: NO

Sheik:
Needles: NO

Snake:
C4: NO
Claymores: NO
Grenades: NO
Mortar: NO
Nikita: NO

Sonic:
n/a, no projectiles

Toon Link:
Arrows: NO
Boomerang: NO

Wario:
Bike Tires: NO
Waft: NO

Wolf:
Blaster: YES ~ 6% dmg - 10% heal

Yoshi:
Eggs: NO
Yoshi Bomb Stars: ???

Zelda:
Din's Fire: YES ~ 8-16% dmg - 13-25% heal

Zero Suit Samus:
D-Smash: YES ~ 11-15% dmg - 18-25% heal
Paralyzer: YES ~ 4-6% dmg - 6-9% heal
Suit Pieces: NO

---

There are a couple things the original guide didn't state that I'll look into later. Those are marked with "???".
^Thanks Y1NK, for the info on percents for absorption!!! XD

I'll go more in depth later... I don't feel like doing this part right now...

I'm assuming that everyone knows about the PSI Magnet lag cancel, but if you don't, when you absorb a projectile (while you are on the ground) you are able to either jump, roll, spotdodge, or jumpcanceled usmash out of it (not entirely sure about usmash). Against characters that have an optional quick way of getting over to you and attacking, I recommend jumping out of it; when someone can only slowly approach it is better to roll away, unless at the absolute edge where it is better to jump out. when you're really close to you're opponent, I'd say either a jump-canceled usmash OR SH nair/bair, depending on where the enemy is located in relation to where you are facing. The ideal situation for absorbing is where you can perform a lag cancel.

Magnet's Quirks
Some stuff that you can do with the magnet...

Ok, since the point of this guide is to make PSI Magnet used more, I may as well tell some weird ways that I randomly incorporate it.

Ledge/Offstage MadNess:
There are millions of things that you can do surrounding the ledge. I may be serious about that here... but lets start with the simpler stuff. *'s go from 1-5, indicating my usage in a game.

***(1/2 *)The Magnet Stall: Aaah yes... something I use all to often to mix up my mindgames and overall weird way of playing. To get an example of this, I would like to look at Uffe's youtube video (You Must Recover! Ness' PSI Magnet Recovery). The way it is being used in here is directly out of an attack. Normally it would help to first momentum cancel and make sure you are safe to return, but in this case it is okay, because you aren't going to die from Samus' Fthrow (to my knowledge). Basically what this is used for, and I will relate this to chess, is to gain a little more tempo so that you have a bit of the upper hand. You don't want to be jumping in a predictable way towards your opponent, because you will get punished. This is more used for just stalling a little bit longer and trying to lure your opponent into a bad position or have them guess wrongly at when you are coming back to the stage, thereby getting back and resuming the fight on/above land. Also, if you are expecting your opponent to use an energy projectile, you can hold it down until you absorb, take down the magnet and return safely (if you give yourself enough room).

*The Magnet Slide-off-the-edge-for-nearly-no-reason:
OK, this has little to no use, but I'll put it in anyways. Basically its like the PKFire ledge cancel, but with the magnet, and you don't cancel it; run at the ledge and use PSI Magnet a little bit away from the ledge to slide off while the magnet is up... This is good for absorbing ness' and lucas' PKT when they are too close to the ledge, but other than that, its just for mindgames and nothing else.

*****The Magnet>Ledge Grab (variation 1):
This is why I like the ledge so much. If you recall how I said something about retreating the Magnet to absorb something, well this puts the icing on the cake. After absorbing something, if you are the right distance above the ledge and off the stage, you can go right out of the magnet (not canceling it or anything) and grab the ledge. Seems of little use right?!?! WRONG!! You can use this casually for just getting on the ledge, and since I can mindgame my opponent into doing the worst option, I can easily put myself at an advantage with this at any point. Simply jump back, make sure you are at the right height above the ground, use the magnet, drop it, and grab the ledge. You can DJ into the magnet for an assured right height, but if you mess up then you leave yourself off the edge with only your pkt2 to save you, so I suggest not doing that until you get just a SH to magnet to ledge grab down. The DJ to magnet to ledge grab gives you the little extra distance if you aren't close enough to the ledge. I really hope everyone uses this, because ness has some of the best aerials to get off of the ledge and on the stage safely, as well as a good ledge attack (below 100%). The ledge is your friend unless you use it unwisely.

***The Magnet>Ledge Grab (variation 2):
This is like the slide off the ledge, but you space yourself just right so that you fall and grab the ledge. Its difficult and i find it easier if you do it when landing from a jump, but it can be useful...

*The Wind, Sweeping Opponents Off Their Feet:
This is for only a few situations... The opponent must be moving towards the ledge with an attack and they must be at the absolute edge. Snakes DACUS is a good random example for this... lets say you are off the edge and have your second jump. Snake DACUSs over to where you are and places himself on the absolute edge. If you are right at the ledge while he is still "Sliding forward," you can magnet wind him and make him fall off the ledge, possibly causing some random buffering of a move. Now this could either help or hurt you severely. If the opponent knows what you are doing, they can use an aerial and kill you really easily, since you are even closer to a blast zone; they can grab the ledge also, but that doesn't help them much, because you can rising Nair them. If they don't, they fall, and you can either FS them, dair them, or watch as they fall to their death. You can do this when you are on the stage too, but its nearly impossible to do it. SUPER situational, so just keep it in mind.

(0 *s)The Epic Gimp:
This comes once in a million games, especially in regular brawl. Your opponent misjudges the sweetspotting the ledge, and goes into their helpless falling state. You have a very small amount of time to magnet wind push them, grab the ledge, and edgehog them to their death. This is just so rare for it to even help... its almost pointless in most situations, because you could just edgehog someone. In B+ however, you have an enormous amount of wind push, where you can gimp them without even the need for the edgehog. Since I don't have B+ and have to deal with the little push that the wind has, I never use this... If you play B+, incorporate this ASAP, because it'll help more than you think.

Now since I got all the ledge options, there is only one thing that it doesn't help as much off the ledge and can't be used on the stage from the ledge sections

****The Magnet>Aerial Pseudo-Shuffle:
Okay, take the Double-Aerial shuffle that you should all know and picture that; you use one aerial and you can get one more off just before you land (SH). Now picture that with the Magnet at the beginning and the aerial at the end. Thats basically what it is with one big exception: you can't go into an aerial with just a SH. You have to either go to the full height of the Full hop or just be falling down and use it... its more difficult to explain the exact height of this, because it depends on the aerial you are planning to use, but lets make it Nair. A full hop's full height will (I'm pretty sure) allow you to go from the magnet to the nair and land with a little bit of landing lag. This you have to get a feel for, because it's too difficult to just explain. The height depends on too many factors. Instead, just use the magnet high up in the air and get a feel of when every aerial can come out before assuming you can hit with it at a lower height. This one is to difficult to just shove into your noggin and do, but you must find out how it works on your own. If you can perfect it, it's great to use because you lure your opponent into attacking you and can attack back.

PSI Magnet Wind

Since there is so much to cover or try and verify with combo-age, I'll just start with the more basic aspects of the wind...

WIND BASICS!!!

There are only a few things that really need to be mentioned about it's basics. It's complexity comes in possible combos and other uses more likely in either 2v2 or B+.

(1/2*), [but *** in B+] The Basic Wind Push: There is nearly no use at all just by itself when there is nothing... The wind must be used to counteract something that your opponent does, or else you just give yourself lag and use something that is completely unworth it. The most simple way of using it is just stand still, use PSI Magnet, and let go of B. When you do that, the wind effects cause your opponent to move slightly away from you, the distance they travel depending on how close the opponent is in relation to you. Never just use it randomly outright...

**, [but ****(1/2*) in B+] Retreating Wind Push: Okay, here is in the air and releasing the Magnet to cause your opponent to move away while you are moving away from them. This gets you a little more distance between you and your opponent than just standing still, but unless used smartly, it will just leave you open for attack. Shorter range attacks can be fooled by this, but it shouldn't be relied on, because there is still a possibility of getting hit. Doing this to marth or someone else with a sweetspot near the edge of their attack will most likely get that sweetspot if you do this, so watch out... I say the few people I would ever say it is safe to do this for are jiggz, kirby (to an extent), Meta (to an extent), sonic (to an extent), and ICs (to an extent). The reason why so few characters and so un-often is that most characters have a really good, further ranged attack, which can easily hit you. The characters I mentioned have much much less of a disjoint to their attacks and much smaller hitboxes, but all of them have an attack or two which can easily be an exception to that... except maybe jiggz.

***(1/2*), [but ***** for 2v2] Momentum Halting Wind Push: This is so useful, I'm going to create a separate section for it... Basically if you have someone being launched into the air for some distance (or no distance at all), you can immediately halt their flying with a well timed (well, maybe not SO well timed) Magnet wind push. They will stop their horizontal and vertical movement and begin falling. An example of this in action can also be seen with Shiek's UpB: sometimes a Shiek player will use their UpB and direct themselves towards where you are launched to halt your momentum and go into more combos. I'd say this is a really useful property, and a smart team of Pit duos can easily screw over any good team if they get their opponents trapped in a Wings>attack>other pit's wings>attack> repeat. I want to have a compilation of combos that can be created with Magnet wind, because, apart from Pit's wings of icarus, it has the least amount of lag AFTER the wind frames are used. Not saying that ganon's utilt can't **** anyone in a smart team, but it has more possibilities. In teams, if your partner is flying and you just happen to be using your PSI Magnet wind as they fly into you, they will halt and you will have effectively saved their life/stock for a little bit of extra damage OR to lure your opponents into killing themselves....
EDIT: Heres an example provided by xoxokev. Thank you! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwH7549_Up0
CONTINUES LATER!!!!

(0*), [but *** in B+] The Epic Gimp: I think I mentioned this before, but you push someone away from the ledge and grab the ledge for an edgehog/gimp... The thing about B+ is that the wind push is SOOOOOO much better than in regular brawl, that you can probably gimp a missed ledge sweetspot without even needing to grab the ledge. ITS AWESOME!!!!!!! I wish I had B+ though... I only played it once with a friend's wii...

MORE MOMENTUM HALTING STUFF!!!
Combos and awesome stuff

Now this section really won't ever be completed... This is more of a "Call to Action" type of thing, except I wish for some feedback and input for combos in teams... with all of this, I would like some people who play teams with ness often to try and compile some great combos that will always work that revolves around the momentum halting aspects of PSI Magnet wind. To get you started on things that I mean, I'll put down some extremely theoretical combos that I came up with in my head that use the aforementioned stuff... From here on, MPMH = Magnet Push Momentum Halt, so I don't have to write it over and over again....1

Snake ftilt (both hits) > awaiting Ness' MPMH > (Repeat...)(?) > Snake Utilt (or other killing move)

Kirby dthrow > awaiting Ness' MPMH > Kirby Regrab(?)/Kirby Usmash/Kirby utilt/WHATEVER!!!

Snake Explosive (any of them) on an opponent > awaiting Ness' MPMH > Ness Nair or snake followup....

more stuff will go here.....

EDIT:
LUCAS' Dsmash > awaiting Ness' MPMH > second/third hit of LUCAS's Dsmash....

NOW FOR THE FEW NEW THINGS WITH WAVEBOUNCED PSI MAGNET!!!

Ok, first off, I'll just talk about the normal Wavebounce PSI Magnet (in the air is it's only good use). Nothing difficult (except maybe the timing). Just use PSI Magnet in such a way that you change your forward momentum to going backwards. This isn't extremely great of a thing to use, but if you start to approach your opponent and read something like a grab or short-ranged attack, you can just wavebounce a PSI Magnet in the air and be a safe distance away as opposed to being right in front of your opponent, more vulnerable. The wind effect will give a small push, but basically nothing in vbrawl. Brawl+ is great for wavebouncing a PSI Magnet, because the move makes you slide much further forward in the air, and by changing your momentum to go backward you transfer the great sliding distance from your movement backward. Also, the wind gives a bit of protection just in case someone tries to charge at you. I only truly don't recommend just a regular PSI Magnet wavebounce, because it leaves you somewhat open and doesn't accomplish much of anything (the wind normally doesn't even reach the opponent once wavebounced). The only place I even think of using this on is Smashville when you are on the moving platform, because you actually get some distance and change your movement enough to make some difference.

Since the last one isn't that great, i'll move on to some things that involve much more skill and are more for showing off...

You know how when you run off a ledge or the edge of a platform with a move like PKFlash/PKT/PSI Magnet and you slide some distance away from where you ran off? Well instead of having all the sliding forward, how about changing it so you slide backwards due to a wavebounce? You move a fairly significant distance backwards when done from running off a platform! In order to move the furthest, you have to time it so you use a wavebounced PSI Magnet the instant you get off the ledge of the platform. It's cool looking, but difficult without Bsticking. Difficult, but still do-able. You have to have fairly quick fingers... which I only rarely have.
When you do the above off of a ledge on a solid stage, you end up moving back onto the ledge that you ran off of. If you are just a little late, you end up going under the lip and could possibly harm yourself. This is much less useful as you get no distance at all and don't really place yourself in a good spot... so basically just use the one off a platform/not solid ledge.

Another extremely flashy usage of the wavebounced PSI Magnet is on the ledge. When hanging on the ledge, use the jump button as your getup method and wavebounce a PSI Magnet a somewhat short distance above the stage. This will cause you to go right back to the ledge and, if you timed/spaced it right, you will regrab the ledge as soon as you get out of PSI Magnet. I like using this so much because it looks so cool and is much less risky than using a DJ into a PSI magnet to go grab the ledge. In the long run, it doesn't help much unless someone is about to fire random energy projectile at you and you read them just right....

NOW HERE ARE THE VIDS!!!! or at least some short, not-so-well-done showings of my stuffs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPsXBhWVVis
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tenae4sNbwY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbaM8SV5DfI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exd_TMedPXo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UIijQT9gsw

^No particular order.... and I may need to add stuff...

Dajayman

Banned via Administration
If some of these techniques require bsticking, I don't think it's for me. Cstick with Ness will always be more important than bsticking because Ness' aerials are more important than his specials, in my opinion.

I do respect your research into PSI Magnet, I feel it could have some potential. Just be sure to type up any discoveries you make and having a video would also be extremely helpful, visual aids can help a lot. XD

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
I read this and I didn't comment cuz I forgot, but I do like your effort. It seems like some of this could be practical for PSIM.

I have a video replay of the PSIM knockbck stopping thingamajigger! Its a replay of a Lucas PK Freezing someone off the stage, and my manet stopping the knockback completely. He then proceeded to fall to his frozen death unable to escape the ice and his height from the knockback being reduced to zero :)

CarVac

Smash Journeyman
wow. team gimmicks for the win!
I like falling onto a charging upsmash, then magneting away from them right before getting hit and punishing.

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
Alright ill have 2 find it. Hoever, I recetly cleaned out many replays. Hopefully I dint accidentally delete it. I probably dint tho. Add me and Ill add u wen I can.

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
Ok, I'll clarify all the stuff I've been talking about.

First, all the simple techniques that are on my aib guide don't involve any b-sticking.
Second, I'm attempting to produce replays with a good show of the skills, but I'm transitioning into break mode. I'll work on those as much as possible. The first few are simple and most people know what they are already.
Third, bsticking only helps the few new techs or other things, it doesn't require them. If you can b-reverse well without b-sticking, it's no problem.

Right now I'm on my iPhone, so when I get home I'll fix this all up with my info and make it more organized.

Bartolon

Smash Lord
I thought about a new strategy against falco with PSI magnet lol.
PSI magnet cancel his laser then PSI magnet wavedash forward or backwards xD

Haven't try'ed it yet though.

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
I guess that could work, but the problem is that falco can easily use his sideb to hit you... That and psi magnet takes a few frames for it's startup... It would take great timing if you want a sure absorption....W/o getting hit.

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
I added that thing from xoxokev, but i still need a bit of help recording some stuff about PSI Magnet overall.... if someone could go online that is able to record matches for extended amounts of time, could you go on the chat...... friday after 6PM (central time) and help me by recording the examples? It wouldn't take too long, you can send them to me at my email address (which i will provide on the chat when the time comes) and afterwards we can brawl normally.

The coolest ones would be the Wavebouncing ones...

sorry for not posting or getting anything up, but doing this with my replays is much more of a hassle since i can't get anything onto my computers.

mobilisq

Smash Ace
i probably could do it provided im moved into my new place and actually have the internet activated by then

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
Yes I do.... I'll just do a couple of things.... Maybe a lot... I've only got Mondays free after school, so that'd be great if anyone could assist... I may need to switch a couple of times between bstick and not...

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
most likely 6:00PM on, but if I'm lucky 4:00PM on.... it depends on whether or not my friend is wanting to get together like we normally do on mondays.... but it would be right after a good smashfest, so most likely expect me on at around 4:00PM central time.... monday

Thunda-Moo

Smash Apprentice
The thousands of videos on my SD card are meaningless because the Wii seems to use video and image files my computer can't comprehend. Do you use a converter, or are real images and videos hidden in some crazy folder on my SD card that I haven't found? If you use a converter, what do you use?

CarVac

Smash Journeyman
The video files are simply lists of controller inputs, so when you watch a replay, the game is simply running again. You can tell this because when you play replays in the Brawl mods like B+ or Balanced Brawl, the human characters desynch and eventually suicide, but computer players don't do stupid things (the game re-simulates the computer players as if they were playing against the controller inputs in the file).

You need to use a video capture card (hardware you have to buy) in order to record the replays.

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
wow.... this thread of mine died. :(

I updated with the post of Y1NK's, so now it has percent stuffs. Since I am off of work today, (or at least I hope that's the case.... I think he wouldn't just dump his extra day on me for this week without taking mine, especially when he said "switch") Can anybody record some online stuff of me doing PSI Magnet tricks and send me the videos so that I can edit them myself and upload a video of this stuff on youtube? also a couple of online matches to show practical application.... and, if I saved it, a replay of me vs a crappy zss who used dsmash and i did a cool thing absorbing it....

Bartolon

Smash Lord
PSI magnet is too good for getting some momentum (against snake for example)
Snake threw some nades and stuff, what to do?

When your in the air you have so many options.. when he's shielding you can PSI magnet stall a bit he will eventually lay down his shield then you can reverse your psi magnet and give him a spaced Bair/fair
It's really usefull .__.

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
i think i get what you mean... his shield is weakened by the blast and you can shieldpoke a (something)... but that's more stalling... unless you mean to mindgame and waste a small amount of time by dj-ing and wavebouncing to get around him.... which to me doesn't seem too reasonable.... he has many options in that case.... utilt, ftilt (you fall enough and can't get an attack off before his ftilt...), etc.

maybe you are thinking of something different of what i'm thinking of though....

random question, could we make several guides outlining the extreme in-depth usages of all attacks? like I've got tons of stuff on PKFlash, PKFire (more just why fullhopped is superior to any other method), and dtilt.... (more directed at levi, but can be to everyone....) ORRR Should i just create my own version of a ness guide interjecting my own recommendations and probable uses for attacks? The latter would never get finished by myself because I've got **** to do!

Arcade

Smash Ace
Wow, you're unlucky. I have a gamebridge but my computer just crashed so I need to reinstall it. If I can find the installation disc I'll gladly record those replays.

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
OK FuPoo!!! The only problem is that I'm going over to my grandparents house in like.... not long at all. It'll have to be tomorrow or after 10PM today (thats central time btw)

go on THE NEW XAT CHAT whenever that happens to get this thing rolling! (I'd like the files for the videos that you record so that I can edit them myself to show practical application and proper usage of everything).

FuPoo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SplashWoman
Sure thing. If you got AIM or MSN, you can message me there since I'm on 24/7 all the time. I'll be at the chat around the time you posted up later tonight.

Top Bottom