• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl @ Miami Sunset Senior

AkashaQD

Smash Rookie
Hi All,
I'm hosting a brawl tournament @ Miami Sunset Senior High on January 13th @ 3pm. We welcome anyone to help us raise funds to pay for student certification.

Participant Cost: $2

Tournament Size: 32 - 64

Winnings: Best Buy Gift Card ($25 - $75 depending on the number of participants).

Kith

Smash Ace
Hey guys. I'm helping out with this fundraiser, and making sure the tourny is legit :-P. Standard rules are going to apply. Basically.

3 Stocks
Handicap off
Self-destruct = -1
Items = Off
Best 2/3
Finals best 3/5

Neutrals:
Battlefield
Final Destination
Yoshi's Island
Smashville

Counterpicks:
Pokemon Stadium 1
DelfinoPlaza
Castle Siege
Frigate Orpheon
Halberd
Rainbow Cruise
Brinstar
Lylat Cruise

Come out for this! It's gonna be fun. If enough people show, this can be something that we can do regularly here in SFL :-)

Rekeah

Smash Apprentice
if i get a good turn out i'll mzke it a monthly tourny fellas :)
no offense, but thats what everybody says when they create their first tourney. anyway, how many setups are being brought? cause i will bring my wii/tv if i can get in for free. i mean, 2 bucks is nothing compared to a setup...

MetaEvil

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys. I'm helping out with this fundraiser, and making sure the tourny is legit :-P. Standard rules are going to apply. Basically.

3 Stocks
Handicap off
Self-destruct = -1
Items = Off
Best 2/3
Finals best 3/5

Neutrals:
Battlefield
Final Destination
Yoshi's Island
Smashville

Counterpicks:
Pokemon Stadium 1
DelfinoPlaza
Castle Siege
Frigate Orpheon
Halberd
Rainbow Cruise
Brinstar
Lylat Cruise

Come out for this! It's gonna be fun. If enough people show, this can be something that we can do regularly here in SFL :-)
Yo Kith how do u make gifs?

Kith

Smash Ace
Lmao iMovie can export video as an image sequence. From there, I just downloaded an animated gif making program that took the image sequence and converted it lol.

MetaEvil

Smash Apprentice
Lmao iMovie can export video as an image sequence. From there, I just downloaded an animated gif making program that took the image sequence and converted it lol.
Thx dude is imovie free? lol

AkashaQD

Smash Rookie
I've been hosting brawl @Sunset for 2 years now....didn't know about this forum until Monday...

We've got got 3 wii/tv setups. We're working on a projector b/c I blew up the last one :(

Creaty

Smash Cadet
January 13 is a wednesday, **** I though it was going to be on the weekend. Is that the final date or is there any hope of having it move to the weekend if more people can go?

Kith

Smash Ace
iMovie is only available for Macs lol but it's preinstalled on all Macs. I think more people could show if it was on a weekend.

AkashaQD

Smash Rookie
errr im a teacher locked in that room 5 days a wk....when fridays roll around, i go out.... not to mention i live 30-40 mins away from work, cant see myself using my wknd to go to my place of work...

Rekeah

Smash Apprentice
I've been hosting brawl @Sunset for 2 years now....didn't know about this forum until Monday...

We've got got 3 wii/tv setups. We're working on a projector b/c I blew up the last one :(
so you got the setups already, but theres still this one, huge problem...

LAG ON THE TVs? cause lets face it; plasmas/lcds are getting cheaper by the week, and its not surprising to see them in every tourney.

i have a pair of hd cables, i might as well bring them IF you can support them.

MetaEvil

Smash Apprentice

Brawl hasnt been out for 2 years yet

Kith

Smash Ace
Actually it's more like 2 months and a half :-P. Brawl came out March 9, 2008 remember?. Oh how time flies

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
if it becomes a monthly is it always gona be payout with giftcards or eventually cash?

and i'll come if there's no other tournies happenin, melee or brawl.

should be fun :)

Cloudstealth

Smash Journeyman
I'm going and Kith can i get a ride to this with you? Hmm didn't see a ledgegrab rule R@vyn might show up and destroy us. :D

Top Bottom