• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

| SQUAT V | Results/Shoutouts |

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
SQUAT V Results

Melee Doubles

1: Babies of Destructive Amazement (Kas + Amaterasu)
2: Most excellent adventure (SD + Comboturtle)
3: Ben and Josh (Scrubs + KK)
4: Wash the Bird (Jellyhead + Unreon)
5: Slippery Sausages (Dif and Bryce)
5: Blitz of a Lovable Juggernaut (Gords + Hugh)
7: Double Penetration (Arrow + DJ Cat)
7: The Pirates of Ridiculous Poor Imagination (J-Birds + Vyse)
9: El Chocolat Diablo II (Kami + Lachlan)
9: Sieg + Dorf (Sieg + Dorf)
9: Toowoomba Dorks (Jack + Karl)
9: Exuberant Doom (Uber + Dark)

Brawl Doubles

1: Destructive Champions (Ted + Chris)
2: Tripping Tipper Balls (Shaya + SD)
3: NO_BS (R4VEN & Jezmo)
4: Watashi wa Shinen shinenzo (toki + I LAG)
5: Team Rozzo (Ricky + Andrew)
5: Green Shell (Arrow + Turtle)
7: Pazazz (Kane + Jacob)
7: Masked Love Bandits (Muzga + Lord Bowser)
9: Pedobear (RangerLink + Patrick)
9: Fighting Mongoose (Roman + Proxy)
9: Team of Underpants Mystery (Richard + Baconfingers)
9: Destructive Boredom (JBirds + Hotdog)
13: Who Cares (Stefan + Christian)
13: One Quarter Asian (Brod + Greg)
13: The Secret of the North (KK + Gords)

Melee Singles Bracket Results

1: Sirias
2: S.D
3: ACCELERATE
4: Scrubs
5: Sloth
5: ComboTurtle
7: Undead_Moose
7: AussieRob
9: Dif
9: KamiStriker
9: Unreon
9: King Kong
13: J-Birds
13: Dark
13: Vyse
13: JELLYHEAD
17: Arrow
17: tedeth
17: Shaya
17: Amaterasu
17: Gords
17: Uber
17: Hotdog
17: Daniel

Brawl Singles Results

1: Shaya
2: tedeth
3: Amaterasu
4: J-Birds
5: Richard7
5: Roman
7: Muzga
7: I_LAG
9: Jaice
9: S.D
9: Yokai
9: Hotdog
13: Sirias
13: Rocko
13: Brsk_
13: Jesmo
17: ComboTurtle
17: AD3PT (Matt)
17: Tiahn
17: Kaion
17: Vyse
17: toki
17: Proxy
17: Lord Bowser
25: Stik
25: Scrubs
25: Arrow
25: Ardy
25: Snake
25: Lvl 9 Luigi
25: Baconfingers

--Pools start here--

31: Max
31: Ghost
31: Splinton
31: Gords
31: Lucario
31: Snake
31: Justin
31: rangaDORF
31: Stefan
31: emery
41: Breaker
41: King Kong
41: Shath
41: Christian
41: Dean
41: Brendan
51: Torien
51: Mokubakaiser
51: Daniel
61: CaLibUr 1337

=-=-=-=-=

I don't really have time to write shoutouts yet. Still busy with other things. Just dropped Shaya off at the station.

Thank you all for coming, I'll write something good later :)

I LAG

Smash Lord
combo turtle 5th in brawl doubles and 17th in brawl singles

must of been those wifi matches we played that really boosted you through the tourney =p

i'll probably do shout outs later tonight

best part was seeing 2 hot lesbians make out on the train to the airport on the way home and meeting toki, kaion and jesmo

Pantsmann

Smash Lord
shoutouts! (i'm Dif if you didn't know already)

anthony... thanks for a great tournament! soz that i couldnt stay for crews (if they happened). good job in the tournament as well. wish i got that mm with you. just not enough time =[

Rob - wow, only played 2 games with you. neither were particularly good =\ you better not be busy all the time between now and christmas, i'm gonna try and get some rob friendlies in =D good work in bracket, you raepppppp

scott - thanks for bringing back my melee! also sucks i didn't get any matches against you. i was gonna show you my awesome anti-jiggs fox skills, and counterpick you marth on corneria XP (yeah, i taught hugh that trick). hope you did well in sf4 as well

bryce - nice teaming with you =D even though we didn't get as far as we expected =\ you ***** pretty hard in bracket even if your tech was off. too bad you didn't get top 3, maybe next time STANDING LAZOR rofl i used standing laser so much in my tourny matches, just sit on one side of FD and spam that B button. get in their heads and all ;)

kas - geez kas you're so bayud at this gaem. congratz on winning etc etc give me moniez >=D

chris - you got into brackets and then didn't play AGAIN??? sucks to be doing exams in squat time =[ good **** though winning doubles in both games =] always love seeing some amterasu action. plus respect.

ben - the one who was quietly getting off in bracket XD

josh - man, we gotta have some more hardcore training leading up to the next tournament. 9th place is just too slack WE MUST TRAIN IN THE MOUNTAINS LIKE REAL MEN

unreon + moose - clutch matches, heaps of fun losing to you guys XD

kami - less smash attacks, moar bair/nair. great playing with you again (lul pedo jokes) we should play more.

uber + dark - fun talking/smashing with you guys. keep it going. keep coming to tournaments. keep shunning brawl XP

arrow + dj - YES! finally beat you in doubles! you guys are too pro. slippery sausages vs double penetration XD max respect

shaya - omg, you're such a cool guy =D just wanted to say that.

jellyhead - nice meeting you =D too bad we didn't get many matches. should totally come visit more ;) also congrats on knocking me and bryce out of winners in doubles >_<

jesse - COME TO MORE STUFF show off your tech skill GET MATCHES RECORDED we must alert the world to your awesomeness.

hugh - thnx for lending me money, i'll get it back to you asap. come play dota, josh you should come play dota with us too.

i think that's all. yell at me if i missed you.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
In a semi-alphabetized order:

ACCELERATE:
Gratz on 3rd place in Melee mate, good work beasting through the bracket. One day you'll take the crown, I'm sure.

AD3PT (Matt), Jaice, Tiahn, Mokubakaiser:
Finally got to see you guys in action at a big tournament!
I knew you'd all do well. Thanks to Scrubs forfeiting, Tiahn ranked as well as I did! :p

Matt and Jaice, you both have the potential to be the new Tristan and Radiance. Back in the day those two reigned as a pair of the best QLD had to offer and you both could well be that too.

Gary! Come to more meets!

Amaterasu
Chris! I'm sorry we're all so bad at Brawl that you can't get any good practice (except Jbirds). Train me so QLD can own it up more than before! Gratz on all your placements dude.

Arrow
More like Super Arrow, man, you did SOOOO much to help everyone with transport and the like, I can't thank you enough and anybody who doesn't post in here thanking you for at least that much is a true doucheman :p

AussieRob
ROB!!! Gratz on coming out of the closet about smash with your family/gf but more importanly, gratz on your 7th place. I didn't get to see it because I had to count money, but I heard you almost caused the upset of the tournament and nearly beat S.D

Next time man, your day will come, I'm sure.

CaLibUr 1337
Always good to see you man. Still so jealous of you going to the Pokemon Centre in Yokohama (I assume that's the one you went to). Does it play the pokemon centre theme song? Anyhow don't be too fussed with your performance in Brawl, it's pretty tough with all the talent that's come in.

ComboTurtle
Tom you're still one cool bloke. And maaaaan, your pressure is amazing. Watching your fox makes me envious and also makes me want to sit down and practice fox tech for 3 hours. Fun eating dinner with you and the others. lol. I'll see you again soon, I'm sure.

Daniel
Good try for your first proper Brawl tournament. Don't be discouraged, and next time, ask for practice and advice! People are definitely willing to help you out. Also I know who to call when I need a rediculous maths equation solved. lol.

Dark + Uber
I thought you guys did pretty **** good for your first tournament. I was suprised that you guys were as skilled as you were. I hope you realise now what it's like to play with the higher echelons of QLD's player base and I hope to see you guys show up for future events.

Dif
The man with the pants. Grats on getting 9th in Melee singles. We still haven't done our Money match, but we should definitely record it yah? :)

DJ Cat
Bob! Your help as always is greeted with much gratitude from me and everybody else. Thanks for all the equipment and bringing the N64 setups and for being a generally helpful guy. Thanks for letting me stay at yours on Saturday as well. I would have been seriously lost if you didn't.

emery
I didn't get to play you, though, there were a lot of people I didn't get to play cause of tournament organising etc. Good to see you come back for another round at LanSmash.

Ghost
Daniel! Always great to see you out and about. We should catch up sometime soon at bob's or something. I wanna head out your way sometime to go to Carrara Markets anyhow. lol.

Gords
Gords, I think you had a really unlucky tournament, but it's gotta be for someone everytime and it was probably just your turn. Again, I'm sorry about practically ditching you for the doubles events. I'd said multiple times on the boards and to everyone that I wasn't going to go in doubles, but I guess the message didn't reach you, nor did I think to directly contact you about that.

I'm really sorry about that. Next time I'll make up for it if you'll still have me as a partner.

Hotdog
Scott, the hottest of dogs. Between you and Kaion, I don't see the smash scene ever falling over, or at least for a while. Bad luck in Melee bracket ****, but well done getting 9th in Brawl! Thanks for helping with moving people/equipment and housing. Between you and Arrow, I was able to keep my head elsewhere.

Hughalicious
Hugh! Bad luck on getting pool owned, thats just the way it goes sometimes. You are always an amazing, funny, supportive guy, so keep it up! :)

I_LAG
WE DIDNT PLAY ZOMGWTF. Massive props to you and toki for beasting in doubles. Double MK is to be feared! I promise to search you out for a few friendlies when next I'm in the neighborhood.

J-Birds
James, that was one solid effort in Brawl Singles. Watching Snake vs. Wario was really interesting and it's too bad you got edged out of the prize money. I'll take up Wario so you can learn the matchup :)

JELLYHEAD
Jelly! You are one funny guy and I enjoyed talking to you. You'll place better next time I'm sure. Josh is just one cool cat who's very good at smash. And Ack! Mindgames! You telling me to use Marth against you! :p

You and your brother should travel up again sometime. Or I come visit you. Something!

Jesmo
Jesmo I wasn't sure how to rate you in seedings for the tournament since it's been a while since we last saw you. I think you ended up having a run of bad luck with the brackets, coming up against Amaterasu and 'MK-Slayer' Hotdog. Keep at it and learn those matchups mate.

A big shout out to your family as well. If only because I wish I had a family that took such an active interest in my own endeavours as a smash tournament organiser and being a smasher in general. I suppose my parents are too old to appreciate e-sports in the same way as traditional sports and refuse to see it as anything remotely comparable, but that's okay.

Tell your mum that if she needs any advice with starting up something of a smash scene in Coffs Harbour that its entirely doable, entirely emabarassing at first too but can make for a very rewarding outcome if it works. Look for those REALLY cheap venues, advertise with posters in the right places. You don't even have to organise a tournament at first, you could advertise smashboards or MyWii as a 'Smash bros. community' and give out an email address to contact.

Even if you got 4 or 5 people interested to an extent close to Jesmo, that's still something. And I'm sure if you guys tried to organise a tournament, a bunch of us would make the trip (or at least, Chris and I).

Also did your sisters lose a pair or two of sunnies? I've got a couple of pairs at home that were left at the venue. I didn't get to talk with them that much, though as you could tell, I had a lot on my plate :p

Kaion
Chris, you beat Matt but lost to Rocko? Wow, a lot of upsets all over the place. We ended up placing the same, but at least you made it out of pools this time aye? :)

Thanks for your help with stuff, bringing equipment and the music mix (which I'd love to have a copy of, since to me, it's something special since it was mixed just for this tournament).

You do a good job Chris, and after everything we've all been through I hope you continue to put as much effort into the scene as I do. Without you and the eyes you keep casted over MyWii, I'm sure we'd lose out out a lot more than we do.

KamiStriker
Kami! Well freakin' done in the Melee brackets. 9th in a tournament like this is amazing! Especially considering your age and experience, you have plenty to be proud of. I was about your age when I first entered the scene, but I also had the benefit of growing with the game as it too, evolved and grew into the beast it is today. I hope your experience growing up with the game will be as memorable as mine and that one day when me and the rest of us are moved on, you'll be the one talking about us to the new generation to follow.

King Kong
Josh, it is always a pleasure to see you at a tournament, or anywhere for that matter. I'm sure if I was walking down the street and saw you, my day would become at least twice as enjoyable. I think your performance was good, it was just that others were on fire on sunday and you happened to be in the firing line on their wild runs to victory.

Anyhow, we should catch up sometime, like, have a barbeque at bob's house or something over the holidays. I'm sure Billy would cook for us ;0

Lucario
Lucario, bad luck in pools, but it was your first tournament. I hope you enjoyed it and I hope this tournament has made you enjoy competitive play and want to practice up for next time :)

Max
Max! Man, now that I think about it, you've been around us for a long time now. Keep on playing bro, learn those matchups, learn about the game, and play with us whenever we can get together for a meet. Thanks for making it to SQUAT, and we'll see you soon.

Pandepic
Jesse, I said this before, but you really did suprise me with your performance, it's a shame you got pool ***** though. It must be frustrating to come so close, only to lose out and not make it to the bracket, but just keep at it. Your fox has drastically improved, and I think you can take it even further if you just keep trying! (Just look at Rob :))

SeaDorf & rangaDORF
I'm glad you guys made it. Dan! You made it out of pools but you couldn't stick around? That sucks. I would have liked to see how well you would have done in the bracket. I hope you guys enjoyed it, and I hope you guys, after seeing what a national tournament looks like, will want to train hard for local tournaments coming up in the future.

Rocko
Hey Ricky, I didn't get to play you, but good work beating Kaion. He's a **** solid player so you should be proud. You just keep getting better and better. Stick with MK and learn those matchups! I'm happy you continue to stick around :)

S.D
Sam!!! So close! You'll win against Kas one day, for sure. Epic commentating skills too. It was good to see you again after not seeing you since Don't Come last year. Keep practicing, I'm sure you'll become even more amazing :)

Also your KO on Kas ending with the reversed Up + B has to be combo of the tournament. For sure.

Scrubs
Ben you played a really solid game in Melee. 4th is an amazing place and your Peach was amazing. Was your Jiggs beating S.D in winners? Did you use Sheik in the tournament? Anyhow, thanks for keeping on top of the tournament whenever I was away, and the help you've provided in and around the tournament.

Shaya
JP, it was cool having you at mine, although the only thing we did at my house was sleep and play a tiny bit of smash on the first day. Mass congratz are in order for winning Brawl singles and earning more money than anybody at the tournament. Ack, I'm so tired I can barely keep writing right now.

Thanks for all your help, with the stream, with the recording, everything. Thanks for offering to run the tournament in my place, should I have needed to skip out the first half of saturday. Hopefully next time we'll actually get to play more matches with each other.

Sirias
GRATZ ON WINNING MELEE SINGLES ZOMGGGZGZZZ. Solid effort in Brawl too. It's always fun to see you, and I'm glad you actually began looking forward to this in the end. Though you are a fickle soul :p

I hope you keep playing, whether you are or aren't disinterest in the game. Though, really, you seem like the kind of guy who would up and stop playing Melee/Brawl if you really wanted to.

Anyway! It's always good to see you, so keep it up!

Sloth
Bryce! Amazing effort, no matter what you say about your tech skill or state of being hungover. You did a fantastic job in Melee singles, placing as well as you did is quite a feat for anybody. I hope you keep practicing and showing up at tournaments because you are far too legit for us to lose you.

Snake
Tim, it was good to see you again. LOL @ you coming in cosplay and nobody else. Don't feel bad, we have people come in costumes every so often, so it's not really that out of place. Bad luck in the tournament, but hey, I really enjoyed seeing you there, so I hope you keep coming to our meets. You have my number, so call me up about teh cosplay :)

Splinton
Dude, you finally made it to a legit tournament, and not just any, but SQUAT!
I hope that despite the result you walked away with, you and the other guys had fun and enjoyed playing with those high level Brawl players.

Stik
Ricky! You're one funny kid, and you've got a good brother too. Good work making it into the bracket for Singles.

tedeth
Ted! You are a top bloke, and an honorary Douchuuman. Gratz on Second, your Wario really makes me want to learn the character. Other people said that too, like Unreon, your Wario is amazing, the way you play all your characters is definitely textbook and a joy to watch. The way you play Wario in fact, is one of the reasons why I continue to work so hard to promote competitive Brawl and push for tournaments and regular players, but that's something I'll elaborate in the interview thread when Brsk_'s done taking questions.

toki
Haha Toki. You and Harry make an excellent team, like two peas in a pod :p
You placed the same as me! lol. Next time we face each other in tournament, I need to remember not to go even slightly easy on you, you're definitely a solid player.

Undead_Moose
THERE'S A MOOSE LOOSE IN DA HOOSE. Man, what an amazing run you had in Melee singles! You should be extremely proud of how you did, and I'm glad this is giving you a lot of confidence. Keep at it and well done :)

(Also I need to get my TV off you somehow... :p)

Unreon
Mate you are a top guy for sure. Gratz on a top 12 finish.
I didn't get to talk to you much, but it was fun when we did. And how CUUUUTE was that Possum!?!?!?!? So kyooooote. Bad luck about Tiger shafting you with their planes, I hope your assignment goes well.

Gah, you and Sloth make me want to dust off Falco. But my Falco is so baaayuuud :(

Yokai
James! Wow, awesome placement in Brawl singles. A top 12 finish!
I promise you that we will play a children's card game soon, I want to make a shuppet deck :X

Perth Crew
All of you guys are definitely legit. Nobody can say otherwise. Between you 5, and Vlade and Corpse and the others back home, you guys make for a pretty awesome region of players. I'd like to see you guys against QLD's best in a crew battle one day. I bet it'd be tight as all hell. I enjoyed hanging out with you guys and eating at red rooster and talking about random stuff. It's too bad you guys didn't come to Surfers Paradise with us. Maybe when you're older we can party :)

=-=-=-=

I had a fun time running this tournament, seeing everyone, getting to watch you all play, seeing the metagame hard at work, depicting the strengths and weaknesses in your play styles and character strategies.

This tournament wasn't huge like Rocky, but it worked, we had lots of setups, and people were happy, so I was happy. There were little hiccups and such, but that's to be expected. I'm just glad the luxury of time was mostly on my side.

People dropped from attendance one after the other, but I never paid it too much attention, even when Cao and tibs dropped, it didn't matter much to me because I didn't expect a lot of people to come, much less somebody who'd just come back from Japan and tibs, who also had money johns, and hey, I can dig it, money johns are legit. That's one of the bigger reasons why people couldn't come (It usually IS the reason).

I'm glad LanSmash was able to accomodate us, give us as much equipment as they could and all around support and promote the tournament I was trying to run. A special thanks to MasterCyl for all his support throughout the weekend, for the TV's (including the huge one that's for sale btw - $200 for smashers), for the meetings in the months beforehand, and for his push for Smash to be a main game of LanSmash and for it to be treated as such.

Special thanks to JB as well for the same support I attribute to MC. For the phone calls, the sharing of plans and advice. Thanks to both of you for including me in a lot of discussions and for keeping me posted with information about LS, the website, future plans and everything else in between. I'll gladly serve as the Melee/Brawl LS Admin for as long as you're willing to have me.

I already told a few of you but, last Friday my brother broke his arm really badly. Both the bones in his left forearm because someone pulled him from where he was sitting on a portrack and he fell. Last day of year 7, poor bugger. I called up my parents about him twice a day and I was thinking about him all weekend, wanting to go to him at the hospital and I almost ditched the first half of Saturday to be with him at the hospital (they didn't operate on his arm for nearly 3 days).

But, you guys are just as important to me. All of you. I treat you like one big family, and family is a very important thing to me. I hope you enjoyed this tournament and I hope to see you all again.

PS: Comprehensive results/videos/pictures will come later.

Pantsmann

Smash Lord
oh man, those are some tank shoutouts right there. for sure we'll record it, i can record any match any time ;) no really, if anybody wants to play some games and get them recorded then i can do that. easy. =D

Sieg

Smash Champion
I guess I'm not part of your silly little big family.

I'm just going to go back and leech ****. I don't even need your stupid shoutouts anyway.

Yeah.

Stupid shoutouts.

**** your **** I have LANDC and 1.3TB's of Anime.

Hotdog

Smash Lord
Aww man you should have told me that Vyse, I would have easily taken over in that situation, don't put all the pressure against yourself, spread it around if you need to =P

Aussierob123

Smash Champion
Shout outs

QLDers
Chris Thanks heaps for your support man haha was so happy to see you after my match against S.D, really hope you went well with your exam too. Next time We'll **** in tournaments, for sure, QLD medical students unite!!

Dif Dude, you need to stop being nervous against me. We play all the time, and your fox is beast, and so is your falco. If you think positive going into a match I know our matches would be close, have faith man.

Arrow Didnt Get to speak to you but i'm gonna thank you for everything you did just like vyse said, and your commentating was pretty **** funny man haha. keep it up.

Pandepic STOP BEING NERVOUS. I'll shoutout to you on msn lol.

Seig Hope you went well in SF4, you really should play more smash tho. Stop being gay.

Moose You're bad

Sloth Wow, you ****. Sorry we didn't get to do our money match, i was kinda focused on getting through brackets. Next time for sure though, it's on *****!

Ben You really impressed me man, amazing performance, and thanks for telling me I did good after getting knocked out, really put me in a good mood even though i'd just been beaten.

Cpahanso Alot better than what I thought you'd be. Keep attending stuff and you'll join the ranks, without a doubt.

Hugh Always happy like usual, good to see you again man.

Kas YOURE SOOO BAAAAD. SOOOO BAAAD. <3<3 thanks for the support and practice and matches and gay gimps and stuff.

To most other QLDers I didnt get to talk to Good to see you all again, thanks for an amazing tournament!

Sydney guys
Combo Turtle Didn't talk much but man don't be down on yourself, nerves do bad things to people and you still looked ****ing beast on there. Sick performance, wish we got to play.

Unreon Again, Didn't talk much, but sorry you got bracket *****, would have loved to see you up in the deeper ends of the brackets tearing it up with your falco. I watched from a distance, you're beast. Glad i didn't have to vs you ahaha.

Shaya Thanks for the compliment after my match, you seem like a really decent guy, and helped out majorly at the tournament. Grats on winning brawl.

S.D. Wow, I was hella nervous playing against you, but **** all of your characters are so crisp and technical. You are good man, vyse is right, no doubt one day you will beat kas. Keep it up, thanks for an awesome tournament match, and hope to play you again sometime. And try not to get so down on yourself if you lose a set like against ben, we all know you are a beast, just come back and work the magic man.

Special Shoutouts
Josh Played so many friendlies, warmed up together, and then had to face eachother in bracket. All I can say is you are so good man, but you just gotta put the nerves behind you. I had nerves in my matches too though, but i know you're capable of beasting, just remember its all fun and you are awesome. Thanks for all the support too, and I really hope you didnt think i was trying to psyche you out in our match or something, I was just trying to get you to relax and beat me like you probably should have haha. Too good man <3.

Jellyhead SD's BROTHER!!! haha kidding, TOM right? terrible with names :). was awesome to meet you man, you were so nice and were really fun to play against, hope you had an awesome time here in qld, and really hope to see you again sometime. Don't worry, you're not gonna be some unknown guy haha the nice talkative ones are the ones that are remembered. pleasure meeting you.

Vyse What can I say? Awesome tournament, props to you, you have done an amazing job like always. Glad to see you bring your foot down and get **** done, you really deserve more than you get when it comes to running these tournaments, if you ever need a voice in the future you can count on me. Hope you had as much fun as I did.

Massively sorry if theres anyone I've forgotten to add but I'll no doubt remember and add shoutouts, there was so many good players at this tournament. I'm amazed by the skill level there, there was nowhere to hide in brackets at all. Keep it up guys, or I'll beat you all eventually ;)

Edit: Oh yeah, antho, post the bracket!!!

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Ooops. forgot you Sieg. Just took the entry list from my excel spread sheet and Copy + Pasted and since you weren't there I forgot you.

Sieg
Glad you came, even if you didn't play smash. Maybe next time?
I was too busy to pay much attention to SF4/Tekken 6. One of these days I'd like to skip the smash tournament and just play PC games in the LAN with you and the others. Maybe at a future smash tournament I'll only run smash for one day? Good work downloading L4D2, we should play some gamesz of it soon.

EDIT:
What anime did you get?
Also do you have Trigun? I wanna get that again.

Sieg

Smash Champion
Stop being gay? lol.

SF4 went ****ish. Won first, lost to Bison, lost to Ricky. I've really got to learn a new character to be able to continue going up the list, which I plan to.

Also Antho, yeah, Got Dual audio Trigun.

S.D

Smash Master
Just got home FINALLY - Freaking Brissy transport - black cats and flags.... GAH!!!

I'll post full shoutouts later when I'm rested and content, but I will say for now a massive thankyou to Vyse, for running an amazing tournament with other things on your mind, Hotdogs for hosting us and not being pissed at us for turning up at 2am every day, Arrow and Bob for driving us around, Ben for driving us around and being a madt dog in general and Kas for everything else <3.

Also I wanna shoutout to Rob, I didn't really get much of a chance to talk to you or play you as much as I would have liked, but you really took me by surprise in the tournament and probably deserved better than an unlucky loss. I can see your Falcon going from strength to strength and really moving up the ranks before too long.

But yeah, big post later - wubs to all, everyone add me fishmister_49@hotmail.com.

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
livestream was amazing btw, links australia and japan like never before :)

that being said, i wasnt the only one using it; it generated heaps of hype and allowed everyone to be there when they couldnt... definately would like to see it as a staple for nationals... nice work shaya ;)

oh, and sd, gg man. thought you had it. or at least, i definately wanted you to have it. and btw, cao said your gonna teach me melee. good luck!

S.D

Smash Master
livestream was amazing btw, links australia and japan like never before :)

that being said, i wasnt the only one using it; it generated heaps of hype and allowed everyone to be there when they couldnt... definately would like to see it as a staple for nationals... nice work shaya ;)

oh, and sd, gg man. thought you had it. or at least, i definately wanted you to have it. and btw, cao said your gonna teach me melee. good luck!
Naww thanks brah, much wubs.

I'll make sure I win for you next time and I'll even use your tag <3

Thanks for tuning into the stream too it was nice chatting.

Aussierob123

Smash Champion
Nothing unlucky about my loss, shame the match didn't happen a bit later in the bracket. The bracket was full of tough matches though, I'm very happy with how it all went. Really wish i got to play more matches with you guys though. Not really familiar with the ice climbers match up, its hard to keep cool when you get 0-death chaingrabbed ahaha. amazing.

Overall awesome tournament.

cpahanso

Smash Apprentice
For me the best thing about this was not the actual tournament but the friendlies and meeting new people. Hope to go to future events. Thanks to vyse and everyone else for organizing this.

@sirias: Next time I'll give you another link ditto (friendly), it was pretty fun, LOL

xXArrowXx

Smash Champion
In some weird ranking/not ranking order cause of copypastah.
Here are the arrow shout outs... omg it looks better in colour ^_^
also someone post up videos and pics please.

Kas - 2g, next time ill rub glitter all over my body then beast everyone in melee. also dont just shout out to me :/ share the love =P

S.D - good job, i expected you would do great and you did. Kas whinned that you were are really hard match in rocky and now squat. nice pancakes and commentary on top aswell

Ben BS - your jiggling bs beat sd wtf. needs more peach bs, stop losing to marths. thanks for the TIP about qut parking =P

Sloth - the sloth is going to catch on, nice commentating and skillz.

ComboTurtle - nice to meet you, thanks for teaming with me in brawl. we did better than i expected however i think we could have done alot better if that made sense lol. nice eating some mad pancakes with you aswell. Also great marth, its very aggressive. sometimes a marth needs to chill and wait for the air dodge.

Undead_Moose - moooooose that UPBEEEE. massive pride for you beating sloth in roy ditto. but i swear ive beaten you in one. ROY tourny!

AussieRob - wow your falcon has improved alot, the combos were flowing. i do remember you missing some easy edge guards against sd badluck. oh well keep up the falcon ****, next time beat your master XP

Dif - dont know how we lost to you in doubles lolol, think its cause we didn't play it the night before. next time we will win for sure.

KamiStriker - 9th.. you could do better. badluck in teams against me and djcat, lachlan let you down lolol not good team players.

Unreon - it was a pleasure to host u. hope you enjoyed the **** qld gave. the flight transfers, the eggs, the hidden jumping matt poles, the surpise spooning and petting. your falco is really **** and your mirrors edge skills are so S rank, daaaaamn. also amazing abel in sf4, asif you dont play. ill host you anytime =P

King Kong - sigh brawl. sigh they expect you to be good at brawl still. nice melee tho. ***** me and djcat in teams. and awesome commentary also dancing at the end.. lol

J-Birds - good job beating ilag that was a cool match. good job beating me in melee XD

Vyse - nice tourny, a few glitches in the matrix but yeah best tourny ive been 2. thanks for setting it up and ****. sorry about rooting for lvl 9 luigi.... the was ****** you hard tho lol thx for the dvds, X was lol weird and sad.

JELLYHEAD - it was a pleasure of hosting you aswell. btw if you see two straight guys spooning... you can stop it, not just watch with OPEN EYES. nice samus. thx for teaching me tech and stuff... lol i so bad at melee, need to watch how 2 play vids. light shield???. sorry about you almost missing ya flight :X. so you are called jellyhead cause you could only get killed by headshots in cs and like jam on your toast... nice talking random stuff with ya 2.

tedeth - nice wario hat, good job in brawl. i wanted to play the wario, but i got ***** by the wolf that eats snakes. wanted more matches (with my secondaries like g&w and dk) but yeah 2 greedy you busy busy wario man. you have a nice waft about you, bl against shaya you had it but random finals losers bs long set :< also nice hanging out with you at pancakes

Shaya - congrats winning brawl singles. wanted to play you in brawl and melee but meh didn't get around to it. sorry for filling up the hd and stuff. i learnt how to press f5 at the end of the day tho =).

Chris - win brawl next time.. you got studying johns so just win it next time =D. good job winning melee teams with kas... i would say it was all kas but you played well and saved him abit respect =). play melee singles you are good, too bad you use a **** character joking lol. i liked the trash talk match against the "good" link. raaaape

Gords - nice results didn't talk to you much tho. except for that long speach you did on sleep you had sometime ago over a period of time.

Hotdog - yeah lol swap, see you in losers hotdogs XP

I_LAG - omg mk so broken, dont you complain about snake utilting you out of your priority tornado. then you down smash 3 times, 3rd one goes through shield, broken. shuttleloop gimps broken. XD nice seeing you.

Yokai - saw you, you said something funny, i dont remember. nice brawl results.

Rocko - yeah mk is so broken lets both play him. close ish match not really lol. hate mk, nice seeing you tho.

Brsk_ - i wanted to play you but eh that **** always happens. nice to see you tho hope you had fun in qld. wish i could have hanged out more like at dreamworld and wet n wild etc.. but i couldn't >.<

Stik - ill get sf4 and get pro and i wont get dqed next tourny.

Lvl 9 Luigi - nice job almost beating vyse, you had him, you had the crowd on your side. why dont you punish when we say???!!!?

Max - walton waltz, nice seeing you. maybe seeya sometime at sunshine coast? thanks for adding to the nando experience

Ghost - stop grabbing me with yoshi lol, everytime lol. thanks for adding to the nando experience aswell, you cool dude.

CaLibUr 1337 - nice chatting with you and playing brawl falcon against you on the livestream, thanks for losing and making my falcon look pro lolol. thanks for adding to the nando experience aswell. ill try to come to sunshine coast.

Sieg - you just randomly appear, and epic follows. nice having you over on the saterday. hope you enjoyed the spooning. good fun hanging out with you on the friday at the arcade aswell. all tournies need more soog combo

Djcat - sup ****, nice teaming wit you again, we needed more nandos and more n64 on the big tv. sorry about dropping some homeless at your house on saterday
Perth guys in general - hope you enjoyed yourselfs, you all are quite good, i tried to seek out and play you guys more but maybe i failed :<

Livestream guys - maybe you heard my voice and some puns, i apologize. hope somehow you enjoyed the commentating and show. it was my first time commentating XD

stiks

Smash Rookie
Shoutouts

Everyone: get a ps3 and get sf4 and get a stick then get good!

and **** mk

toki

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3582-9503-2397
Hmm just say something like "oi toki add me in your shoutouts" and ill add u in it coz im a lazy ******* :p

Kaion- If it wasnt for you driving me all the way to Brisbane i would of never got to SQUAT thank you so much and we had an awsome friendlies. Congrats on teams too that match we had were so intense was so much of lol moments and you guys owning Scar made me lol so much even though his my Team mate xD

Jezmo- zomg its nice finally seeing you after vsing all those laggy matches on WiFi :p those friendlies we had were way too awsome, ill never forget that Pikachu match haha. I swear you have the nicest family on earth, your mum drove you 6 hours for SQUAT my mum dont even wanna drive me 50min to get to SQUAT. Your family is so awsome, they called I_LAG a tier ***** lololol

I_Lag- lol knowing you for almost 2 years on the cyberworld and i finally get to see in real life at SQUAT was awsome, And stop pissing other people off i felt sorry for em also Stop forcing me to go double MK :p But i told you our Team name was the best name ever lol. PS your still ghey <3

Emery- aww its a shame you couldnt stay on the 2nd day we would of had so many friendlies like in the 1st day haha and you should of seen how Scar was on the 2nd day lolol

Vyse- Haha thanks for helping me on the 2nd day :p i forgot to bring my wrist band thing, i wanted to play your awsome diddy again like in PMS but it looked like you were busy lol Thanks for hosting such a Great tourney ^_^

Amaterasu- Its Nice finally vsing you in a real tourney match in our pools lol we only had friendlies in brawl and few Melee tourney match :p Your MK was awsome i was like no match haha

ill add more people in later, i dont know many people yet coz i dont go on smashboards alot and most tournies are way too far for me :p

btw heres some pictures i took at SQUAT, i accidently deleted a few so.... yeah

kupo

Smash Lord
Lol @ Kas in the first picture. How DO you play like that?

Props to the guy in the suit. Wasn't it crazy hot that day? >_>

Sieg

Smash Champion
Toki is cool just because he has TvC and has Emil in his avatar lol.

Also Arrow is awesome. Play's Mirror's Edge while I'm asleep and doesn't afraid of spooning.

We need to go out more and do fun non-smash things guys.

King Kong

Smash Lord
Shoutouts:

QLD

Vyse: As always, you deliver a great tournament. The scene really wouldnt exist without guys like you putting in the hard yards, so its muchly appreciated. Thanks to you im probably gonna stick around the scene for another year (or more) so yeah, hats off to you. Also i saw some nice diddy playing, dont know much about brawl but it looked awesome.

Dif: Nice work man! Its good to have someone living close by that I can smash with now. You did really well for your first big tournament, and I can tell you're gonna improve a lot in the future. See you round dude.

Yokai. Good to see you again bro, cheers for all the brawl advice.

Gords: I dont think i've ever been railed on so badly as in brawl doubles, but it was still good teaming with you. I may even play some more brawl next year so we'll try to improve on that performance.

Moose: God I hate you :) No, not really, you've gotten a lot better. We've played each other at almost every single tournament and I think we're 2-2 now. I had nerves like you wouldnt believe in that last match, but i feel that i've learned somethign from it. Hopefully will see you round and well done on your placing.

Rob: Awesome games bro. You've come such a long way in a short time. You are right, I need to stop being so nervous lol. Still, had a lot of fun, and we had some sick friendlies too. Cant wait for next time.

Ben: I'm really pumped up to improve in teams now. You had such a good run in singles too, that rest combo on S.D was ****ing epic and its a shame it wasnt recorded. Jiggs should be your new main for sure.

Bryce: Great to see you back in form man. In those last few matches I saw some of the Sloth of old and it was beasty. We just have to shake off a bit more rust and we'll be right back in there. Looking fowards to doign a lot more smashing next year.

Accel: You put on a great show dude. You're so good with so many characters now, really pulling ahead of the pack, its inspiring.

Seig: Good to see you again man. Also good to have conversations about how old we all are now lol :)

Kas: Haha. You're just a beast bro. Didnt see much of you this year, will hopefully be around a bit more next year. Nice job on ****** me and ben in teams too.

NSW:

Jelly: Good games man, you have a nice samus. I think the sheik matchup just intimidates you a little, because I honestly dont think its that bad at all for samus. Im actually gonna start learning samus next year (pretty much done with sheik), so we wont have to do that matchup again. Thanks for coming up to QLD, will hopefully catch you down in NSW sometime.

S.D: Dude. You're a great player. Took out the cream of QLD and you had an awesome performance against Kas. You and Combo also inspired me to improve in teams after you guys beasted us. Its always good when out of staters come and shake things up a bit. Probably gonna try and get down to some Sydney tournaments next year. Also commentating was good fun.

Unreon: Nice falco. Enjoyed playing friendlies and teams against you. Will hopefully see you around on the scene next year.

To anyone i've forgotten, my bad,

peace out

undead_moose

Smash Lord
I can only do shout outs to the people i vsed sorry : <

Dif: FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX tooooo slow get faster!

Uber: Best link ever kas is shiet

Combo turtle: Took me to town was fun!

King kong: Why you didnt use shiek against my peach is beyond me shiek is my most least known match up.

Sloth: ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOY!

Sieg: So S rank So S rank **** how did my chun get so S rank. LIGHT KICK MASH LIGHTNING LEGS

Unreon: Pro abel skills I had to play like a ***** to win sorry : < I hate having to play like that

JELLYHEAD: Rob says i vsed you.... good games?

Yokai

Smash Ace
Vyse: Good tourny man, as always. Needs more childrens cardgames. and for you to stop getting beaten before we verse.

DJbobcat: as always much awesomeness with the picking people up etc, was awesome to see you.

Sieg: You are perhaps the loudest person in the entire state. I really dont know how you do it. Also, play more smash.

King Kong: Awesome to see you again man. Its always nice to catch up etc, it seems like us WARDTECH remnants never seem to truly go away hahaha.

Scrubs: You ditched brawl to go out. then you didnt go out. Also, You got owned by greg webb. I hope that never happens to me *crosses fingers*

Ameterasu: Nice games chris, I almost semi stalk your matches..... they are amazing to watch.

J-Birds: We dont really ever run into each other, but I took great pleasure in watching your matches.

Toki: I feel so bad about our last match, it was soooo close.

Brsk: Your shiek is amazing, I love it to bits, we had a great match and I really hope to see you guys again. (QLD trip to perth?)

Ted + Shaya: had a great time at pizza hut, then had a great time watching your brawl matches. Dinner and a show.

also, shaya, you had better meet me in the shoddy final. Ill be waiting.

Arrow: you came, you laughed and you mucked around. Some things never change...

I-Lag: You frustrate me. Your extremely good, and I cannot do anything against metaknight.

EVERYONE ELSE: Awesome tourny, thanks for coming. Hope to see you all again soon. Sorry most of you dont know me. Im just that bad.

unreon

Smash Ace
SQUAT was my first time into Brisbane and I must say, witnessing the Melee state really put me for a spin. The skill level is so amazingly high over here for this game, and I feel it really put me in my place. In my little realm of NSW without a Melee scene anymore it seems impossible to get any better – especially as Sam + Jelly, Turtle, and I form this triangle of displaced geography. I’d like to extend super shoutouts to Jetstar for cancelling both my flights, meaning I turned up to Brisbane a little early (spent an hour in Borders cafe reading, was fun!) and left about four hours later (spent those hours reading for my assignment, was not so fun). Thanks to the two cars full of douches who decided to throw eggs at Arrow and I. It seems as if everytime I go OOS something wahjah happens to me – PLEASE COME TO SYDNEY GUYS BEFORE I GET KILLED.

== Queensland ==
[ Vyse ] Thank you insanely much for everything that you’ve done. You were nice enough to provide your contact when I landed early and was completely lost. I didn’t know about stuff going on behind the scenes but I’m amazed you had the heart to pull through that and still run this entire thing. Huge props for being a top-notch guy =)

[ Arrow ] Thanks for staying on the boards during the late hours and housing me on such short notice. It’s Jetstar’s fault for making us get egged ;) Super funny guy and really nice to boot. You have sooo many games I’m jealous. Fun times hanging out at the arcades into the late hours and playing Street Fighter and Slo-mo mode. Your Zangief is surprisingly S-Rank daaaayum.

[ Amaterasu ] It was really great talking to you about studying Medicine. I walked away and felt a little daunted by the whole thing, but commitments have to be made I guess. I will continue dropping at Melee at this rate :D Your Young Link is way too good especially as I have a hard time playing low tiers. And high tiers. And everyone. I suck at this game D:

[ Sieg ] Everytime you arrive, we can hear you LOL You’re an amazingly friendly guy and it was super good seeing you again. And playing SF4. And spooning in bed. And making sure I met the peeps from the Street Fighter scene =) Don’t worry, one day if I die early I’ll donate my Asian hair to you :p

[ Sloth ] Wow your Falco is really amazing. It was super fun playing dittos against each other and having me wombo combo’d from right to left and left to right. Despite being rusty you gave everyone a run for your money. It was nice seeing you around the tourney, please come to more :D

[ King Kong ] You have a swell Sheik, jeez. Its nothing but a red blur of clouds and dashdances to me! It was great playing you guys in teams and Wash the Bird got trashed! Getting three and four stocked in teams was disheartening =( I’d like to play you again.

[ Accelerate ] You’ve gotten soooo good since you came to Sydney it’s unbelievable. Tell me how you do it! I seriously cannot get a read on you whenever we play. None at all. Very unpredictable player and hilarious at the same time. You make funny mouth movements when you play lol.

[ Hotdog ] Good work helping to organise and run and be so good at both SF4 and Brawl. We didn’t play much at SF4 but I watched you play and your Ryu has real solid fundamentals. I wish I could have played you more but you were scurrying everywhere =( Thanks for the chips though :p

[ undead_moose ] Sorry about being a little annoyed during our SF4 match. It wasn’t you at all, I was getting irritated at me messing up 1-frame links I normally hit and for me randomly not blocking your blockstrings. But your Chun is real nice even though keep-away gets hard for Abel =( Close games which could have gone either way.

[ DIF ] It was a pleasure playing you both in friendlies and in teams! Heard it was your first tournament – if so it’s amazing that you can be so good already. You’ve got the tech skill going but all you need to work on is your DI and spacing (something I still need to learn). Hope to play you soon!

[ Gords ] Your Sheik is coming along well and good stuff for taking a game off me. At this rate you’ll reach the metagame of people soon enough. Just stop suiciding, lol.

[ Some guy’s mum ] who took the pics from my camera. You didn’t actually take any pics lol.

== New South Wales ==
[ Jelly ] It was great teaming with you. I’m surprised we did as well as we did against Turtle+SD! Taking a game off them and taking them to the last stock was too good. Just stop hitting me with missiles LOL. And try not to dream that I’m your dog and pet me in your sleep >__>

[ Sam ] You are nothing short of amazing. In just a few months of picking up Falco you completely outclassed my 2+ years of using him T___T The mindreads, the tech skills, the spacing and DI are fundamentals that make you sooooo good with every character. I play better against you in teams lol. Fun times in Falco dittos =)

[ Turtle ] We need to quit this game because we’re not getting any better at this rate LOL You’re really awesome guy to hang out with and shoot the **** about nothing in general. Your chaingrab and wavedash OOS+Fsmash game is real bad matchup against Falco. It seems like you know my game inside out or maybe I’m too predictable =(

[ Ted ] Awesome seeing you again, and we definitely need to go to UFC 110 when it arrives :D Your Wario is super awesome to watch, much better than playing against! Get fricked up son.

[ Shaya ] Your stories of America were so hilarious to listen to. I’m really jealous you had such a fun time hanging out with the Smash greats over in USA. I’ve wasted my life lol. One day I’m going to hit Genesis 2 with you guys and join in the fun :D Congrats on 1st place!

[ I_Lag ] I have never seen you play before SQUAT. But you’re actually better than I thought. Congrats on doing so well. We all love you I_Lag <3

== Victoria ==
Oh wait nobody came D:
We missed you T_____T

If I forgot you, I’m sorry. Feel free to add me guys to share the wubs and we can play some other games maybe. My contacts:
thecynicproject@gmail.com
PSN: unreon_

EDIT: OMGOSH how could I forget!!

[ Kas aka. Kazen ] How are you good at everything you do man T___T I feel like such a failure watching you play Smash, and get fit, and DDR, and get fit, and Hard Trial SF4, and get nekkid. Congrats on placing first; that was an awesome Grand Finals. I cop so much abuse from you DDDD: Especially cheap shots to my mum about oil .___. Oh and I can't believe you caught that dragonfly and let me hold it. It was so cuuuuuuuuuuuuuutesies <3

I LAG

Smash Lord
Shoutouts:

vyse: epic tourney, thanks for hosting. we didn't get to play :( i wish squat could of lasted a week because there was just not enough time to do everything i wanted. Queensland is soo epic.

toki: was awesome meeting you irl ^_^ i wish we could of had more friendlies though. We beasted in teams but lost to dj kaion and jesmo ;-; ;-; ;-; ;-; ;-; we should of beat them but they played much better than i expected :(

dj kaion: ****ing tier *****! jk ^_^. Your a real cool guy in person, i wish we could of had more friendlies, i thought i was staying til much later but i didn't realise we had to leave a few hours before our flight.
well done in teams beating me + toki

jesmo: was nice meeting you irl and kinda scary, you look like ****ing 25 or something. I never said you were easy to beat offline. I wish we could of played more friendlies though but i was too busy :(. GGs in teams. you and kaion just work really well together in teams you should team in future tourneys.

jesmo's mum: I was pretty cut when you called me a tier ***** but i do main mk so i guess thats what i get for maining mk. also your awesome for driving jesmo 6hrs to a tourney and watching every match he played both days. i was getting bored just watching the winners finals.

gords: bad luck on your placings :( your better than that, you just got bracket/pool *****. your samus is ****, you should really pick her up again. GGs

people in my pool: Good games

yokai: i'm sorry if a frustrated you

tibs: your sooo ****ing gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay.
your a ****ing gay homo ******.
YOUR GHEY!!!
GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY
why didn't u come? were you scared of getting beasted my me in pools?
******!

Shaya: congrats on winning and soz about letting teh wifi people into the live stream and stepping over your wires

Ted: bad luck on not beating shaya :( but congrats on beating amaterasu i knew u could do it.

Turtle: you ****ing ***** at brawl in singles and doubles. must of been that wifi training. those pre-squat wifi matches we had were soo fun you and sam are epic.

SD: i understand why you didn't want to play any friendlies after what happened. its ok, we will have some at boost or something.

amaterasu: i'm glad i got to play some friendlies with you :) you were studying soo much i didn't think i would get any. your just too good. i would like to see you and toby mk ditto for best mk in aus though. you got to come down to nsw sometime and play tobys mk.

i might add some more stuff to the shoutouts later

people i missed: <will add later>

Perth boys: <i'll give you guys a shout out later tonight. doing **** atm>

Pantsmann

Smash Lord
lulz, not my first tournament, just my first major one. been to 3 local ones before (much wubs to all the smashers i met this year <3). hopefully i'll come down to sydney and play you guys sometime =D BRISBANE SMASHERS ROAD TRIP (we should make a vid).

Top Bottom