• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

User Blogs Group Story Illustrations!

TigerWoods

Smash Champion
Wherever you want me to be... If you're female.
Hello AE! The names Tigerwoods and maybe you have seen this epic idea of Jam Stunna's in User Blogs: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=257812&page=8

See I was wondering if any of you lovely artists would like to help illustrate it! In keeping with the spirit of variations and the uniqueness of each section, all styles of art are welcome!

Take an interpretive photo! Make a realistic or comic-like drawing! Make a sculpture of Queen Killjoy... etc.

I was thinking of having 2-3 artists providing artwork for each chapter. If you have any suggestions let me know.

Also don't worry about being ninja'd... there is more than one way to portray a scene! Please try and let me know which chapter you intend on doing though so it has a degree of organization.

I plan on doing this myself when I have a bit of freetime, but I'll take over the leftovers :p. I have no problem organizing this with the story later to provide a mini "illustrated-novel" to be forever preserved under SWF's finest creations :p.

Here is chapter one:
Smash Civil War
Chapter 1: The Die is Cast

"Uncle! Uncle!" Keris danced around Teran's feet, her dark brown locks bouncing on her shoulders.

"Come on, Keris, it's time for bed."

"But I want to hear the story about the Dragon King again!"

Teran sighed. Keris had been with him for a few days, while her father was away. He'd baby-sat her for a few hours at a time in the past, and wondered what was so hard about them. Feed them, let them take their naps, and play with them. It hadn't seemed so bad. He hadn't known how much a three-year-old wanted to play during the course of a day, or how hard it is to put one to bed.

"All right, this is the last time, then it's bed time. Okay?"

"Okay, I promise!" Keris said for the fourth time.

As Teran opened his mouth to begin the story again, there was a loud bang at the front door. "Who's there?" Teran called. He was answered with silence. "Come on Keris, let's see who's there."

Teran opened the door to find a man swaying on his feet. Blood trickled down from a deep gash on his head. The bandage that covered it had already been soaked through. Dirt was caked into his beard.

"Firus!" Teran cried, reaching out to steady him.

"Brother..." he started, then collapsed onto Teran's shoulder. "The raid was a failure...the Queen's men...were waiting for us."

Teran dragged his brother into the house, laying him across the sofa. Keris watched silently. He was unsure just how much she understood of what was going on, but he knew she shouldn't see any more. "Go into your room and play. You can stay up as long as you don't come back out here."

"Okay," she said. "Is my daddy okay?"

"Yes, he's fine. Go please." When she was out of earshot, he turned back to Firus. "Now what happened!"

Firus groaned, closing his eyes. "We never got within a kilometer of the fortress. The patrols picked us up before we crossed the river. Yink and KoopaKirby are dead. I took half of the survivors and fled south to confuse the patrols, finalark took the rest north. I don't know if they escaped."

"Dam, that base was supposed to be deserted! The Black Guard pulled out of there years ago!" Teran whispered as he wiped the grime and blood from his brothers face.

"There's more. While we were escaping, I got a look at the base. There were hundreds, possibly thousands of men there. Trebuchets, battering rams, cavalry, everything. They must have been building up for months, brining it in a little at a time so that we wouldn't notice."

"An invasion. User Blogs has always been semi-autonomous, ever since the King gave us that right. The Queen never did like the idea of us deciding our own fate."

"Rumor has it that she's already subdued Melee in the south. She's looking to re-assert direct control over all of the states. And we're next," Firus muttered.

"Not if we fight back." Teran stood, grabbing his coat. "Are you feeling all right now?"

"Yes, I'm just tired. We ran non-stop all the way back here, plus taking a few twists and turns to throw our pursuers off our trail. I'll be fine with some rest."

"Good. Go to sleep with your daughter. I'll be back by morning."

"Where are you going?"

"To talk to Youko. If this doesn't convince him that the Queen seeks to destroy us all, then nothing will."

"You're going to try to convince Youko to join us again? He's already rejected our offers twice, and threatened to warn the Queen that a rebellion is brewing in UB. You really think he'll change his mind?"

"The last time we talked, there wasn't an army sitting at our doorstep." Teran smiled. "Besides, it has to be easier th
an putting Keris to bed."

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
I hope to God Spire gets in on this.

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
Okays! But srsly, If you guys ever need some help filling in parts, just ask me. I tend to find free time (and im heading to NYC in 2 weeks...long car ride will give me time to draw)

But i'll help with kickoff for sure! Will print off text and start tomorrow morning ^__^

Ohaythar Spire!

EDIT: Any details you need me to know for drawing people?

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
Haha I guess i know what im gonna do during my freeperiods tomorrow xD
Thanks for lettin me be a part of this! ^__^

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
To people who wanna draw:
We should work together via messages or whatever to keep up consistancies etc.
Anyone up for making an iscribble pchat room to share ideas?

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
I sort of want to do this as well. :laugh: I just wonder if people should be drawn as their avatars or what they actually look like... (I prefer the former, or something similar at least. It's about SWF so it'd make more sense if people were depicted as their online personas)

I say Teran should look like Manfred von Karma. Or Charizard. Or maybe some fusion of the two. I... I want to draw that.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Finals right now, let me get through this week then I'll start rallying.

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
I has paper! I am ready to draw!
(note: we ran out of computer paper...and i have gone through my sketchbooks...so i couldnt do much doodling >':

Chaco

Never Logs In
Eh, I turned one in as a joke before the tests were even passed out. Ahahaha.

cutter

Smash Champion
I agree with the idea of taking some persona from the avatar/sigs of the users.

Merry Christmas everybody! This will look so awesome combined with the story we're making.

cutter

Smash Champion
Did this get abandoned? (I hope not, as this was a really cool idea originally) Or is everyone just still busy from the holidays?

I might just have to bust out some crude drawings in the future lol. Even though I suck so badly as an artist :p

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
When my parents threaten to take away video games and computer time xD;;
...Yeahhh...Would rather be drawing. Dx

cutter

Smash Champion
Just to appease you Sephiroths Masamune, I will start to draw something when I get home from school.

I have the picture visualized. Now I just need to use whatever art skill I have and transfer it to paper lol.

That'll break the ice and at least keep you occupied :p

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
Good luck Cutter :D
One of the problems i was having when i was trying to draw (before midterm STRESS time arrived) was what to make peoples look like. I just was all " :D Uhhhhmmm...idkkkk."

cutter

Smash Champion
This took about 1.5-2 hours to do. Had nothing better to do after getting my schoolwork done.

This is from Chapter 54. Read it if you don't know what's going on!

Disclaimer: I am not an awesome artist! Though I try :p

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
That looks uncannily like this guy getting owned by Arnie

Oh and also, I think basing an illustration off of my forum persona wouldn't work, since me in the story is portrayed completely differently to how I am, lol.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
How do you and Denzi imagine me?

Top Bottom