• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

We need an Active Mod. [Petition.]

-Ran

Smash Master
I have attempted to do this on my own, but it seems that the normal course of action of PMing the administration isn’t enough as a single voice. I have over the past few weeks attempted to use the notify feature to clean up the forum, but results have been spotty at best. Our forum is muddled beyond belief compared to other character forums that have active moderation. I have nothing against Samurai Panda, but his time here will only last until his new semester starts for medical school, and even then he is not overtly active in our community.

So now, I must turn to you, the Snake Community. I understand that by creating this thread that I am effectively preventing myself from becoming the moderator. When you ask to become a moderator, or even bring up the subject you are almost instantly black listed by the staff here. In fact, I probably burned that bridge weeks ago whenever I offered my services when Susa disappeared. I’m fine by that, because my chief concern is the development of the Snake board in a direction that condones growth and the spread of correct and current information. At the moment, I can safely say that is not the case in our current community.

It’s lucky for us that we have another able-bodied moderator to be in our community. Syx [Black_Heretic] has been an active member of the community for an abundant amount of time. He’s active and typically a stark contrast to my dry posts. Now is not the time to constantly shift around and split ourselves between who should become moderator. What we need is action and a candidate to stand behind. To constantly debate the merits of contenders for the keys to the Snake Board's janitor’s closet will only delay progress and further the decay of the board. If you would have supported me, support him instead.

So how can you help? Simple really. You post your support in this thread. Then take the time to write a PM to the administrators: Kirby King, Amorasaki, and Queen Killjoy. I cannot stress how important a multitude of PMs are in regards to getting actual change to occur.

napZzz

Smash Hero
I'll do my best to help yo. You know I wanna help clean up the boards too.

Our forum is muddled beyond belief compared to other character forums that have active moderation.

. . .because my chief concern is the development of the Snake board in a direction that condones growth and the spread of correct and current information. At the moment, I can safely say that is not the case in our current community.
Umm... This is easily corrected, in my opinion, without the use of a moderator.

It seems to me that in an indirect way we would be placing the faults of ourselves into the care of a single person to clean up by simple having another moderator. It should not have to come to that.

We are the cause of the problem. Seriously, the Snake Boards comprises of only a dozen or so typical posters that activetly contribute here. We might get an external post by another person once every few days. But most often it is that dozen or so that make up most of the daily chatter.

The real way to fix this problem is to not rely on someone to tell you when you are getting out of hand or not. We should be figuring this out ourselves and purposefully stopping it. If we know a thread should die, then we should not be posting in it. If a topic is getting off track, post in the thread telling them to get back ontrack, but allows try to forward the topic in the same post. Maybe better yet PM the person to not keep posting there. We can all be regulators of the others. But we all must also contribute to maintaining our own selfs as well.

We are all old enough to know we don't need a shepard. We should be able to get this to work on our own.

Edit: Don't get me wrong. I think it would be very useful to have a moderator. But, the reason for which you want one seems all wrong. I don't want a mod here to be simply cleaning up our problems that we are making. That is just... wrong for whoever is stuck in the at position and really rude to them.

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
I agree with Nappy, we need a Moderator because he/she would know the rules better than us, and also know the Snake board better.

We def need Mods to help clean up messes left by trolls or n00bs making dumb threads. Not only that but also to promote discussion by managing the stickies and making announcements.

right now we need an air of authority that has being lacking for a while now.

Nic64

Smash Lord
Syx 4 moderator 2009

*approves*

Seriously nothing against panda but he's like never here.

^ Syx for mod!!!!!
There lots of reasons:
- He's cool
- He's awesome
- He's good at brawl
- He's a rockstar
- His music is awesome!

ace156

Smash Apprentice
Though my post here may not mean much since I'm not a regular poster here, I do roam the snake boards constantly (for about 3 months now) and look for new posts about snakes plausible or possibly new AT's being developed or ways to further the growth of snakes metagame.

But I do also feel that having an active mod to help clean things up would be great. there are topics on the snake boards that would be insta-locked if something similar were posted on the MK boards (my current main, but close secondary as snake). which is why an actively posting or even just a mod that overviews what goes on all the time would help greatly and reduce/organize a lot of the clutter going on right now.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Believe it or not, we have noted your concerns.

Sorting out moderation doesn't just happen at the snap of a finger though, I hope you'll understand.

-Ran

Smash Master
I understand that there should be time taken to 'sort things out,' but at the same time we brought all of this up the moment Susa's disappearance was noted almost a month ago. On the 21st of November was the first time I sent a PM to one of the admins of the site regarding the issue. It doesn't take a month to look at the active community members and decide who should be a moderator, and it certainly doesn't take a month to make someone a member of the moderator group in vBulletin.

So I do understand, but at the same time I don't feel it's acceptable to act as if it hasn't been a month.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
I've been keeping my eye open for new candidates, but I honestly don't believe what you're looking for on the boards is a moderator as much as some sort of project manager. Susa was more than just the mod of the board so it'll be hard to find someone to take his place. I've been waiting for someone to step up and just start these projects (is it really that hard to PM me if you want something stickied/unsticked?), but nobody has done so yet.

Honestly guys, this board isn't even active enough to merit some sort of big movement like this. But... I suppose if you guys all feel so strongly, then you can nominate a member and I'll look over their credentials. When I get the time :p

napZzz

Smash Hero
I've been keeping my eye open for new candidates, but I honestly don't believe what you're looking for on the boards is a moderator as much as some sort of project manager. Susa was more than just the mod of the board so it'll be hard to find someone to take his place. I've been waiting for someone to step up and just start these projects (is it really that hard to PM me if you want something stickied/unsticked?), but nobody has done so yet.

Honestly guys, this board isn't even active enough to merit some sort of big movement like this. But... I suppose if you guys all feel so strongly, then you can nominate a member and I'll look over their credentials. When I get the time :p
yayyyy attention from staffs <3

Nic64

Smash Lord
I've been waiting for someone to step up and just start these projects
Berk 4 moderator :laugh:

And yeah no one is going to replace SuSa as he not only managed stickies but was also himself the catalyst for a lot of discussion and many discoveries, and I don't think anyone here does the kind of research that he did, but as far as organizing the board goes I think a few people here could do it. Syx, Nappy, Xeyload, or Ran(even though this topic supposedly makes him ineligible) would do well I think(basically half the regulars here lol).

Nic64 said:
Berk 4 moderator :laugh:
I vote syx or nappy (ME FOR THE NEXT HITLER!!! :demon: jk )

but its your choice, I can take such a responsibility (hopefully)
thx for voting for me though, I guess :)

Top Bottom