• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Webb of Shadows Tourney Jan. 9th Poughkeepsie New York

PK Webb

Smash Champion
Ok Im deciding to throw another tourney while ppl wont be havin skool johns most likely. If u can take a train to Poughkeepsie i am willing to pick up ppl from the train station and bring them to the tourney free of charge and of course back to the train station at the end of it all (just make sure u can stay to at least 6 or sumthing like that). My truck and fit 7 altogether. Just pm me that u will need a ride and i'll pm u my number

Time: 11:30 (black ppl time lol)
Address:
Dragons Den
2600 South Rd. (Rt. 9)
Poughkeepie, NY 12601
Phone: 845-471-1401

Now i understand pound 4 aint cheap and its the following weekend so:

Venue fee: $10 unless 20 ppl show up (including myself then it $5)

Singles: $5

Doubles: $5 per player

Rules For singles:
- 4 stock matches with an 8 minute time limit
- Items off
- Each set will be best 2 out of 3 except for winners, losers and grand finals which are best 3 out of 5
- no excessive stalling tactics (ex: jiggly's rising pound, peach bombing, etc)
- Ties will be broken by lives, then percentage. In the event of a percentage tie, both players will do a 1 stock match on the same stage with the same characters to determine winner.
- Wobbling is banned

Random Stage List:
- Fountain of Dreams
- Pokemon Stadium
- Dream Land 64
- Final Destination
- Battlefield
- Yoshi's Story

Counter Stage List:
- DK Island: Jungle Japes
- Mute City
- Poke Floats
- Corneria
- Brinstar
- Rainbow Cruise
- Kongo Jungle 64

All other stages are banned

Doubles Rules:
- Same as singles
- Life Stealing is allowed
- Team attack is set On

Random Stages:
- Pokemon Stadium
- Dream Land 64
- Final Destination
- Battlefield
- Yoshi's Story

Counterpick Stages:
- DK Island: Jungle Japes
- Poke Floats
- Corneria
- Brinstar
- Rainbow Cruise
- Kongo Jungle 64

All other stages are banned

Set Procedure:
1. Opponents choose their characters for the first match
2. Each player may announce one stage to be banned for the entirety of the set
3. The first stage will be played at random from the Random Stage List
4. The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Random Stage List or the Counter Stage List
4a. The loser may also agree to pick "Random" for the counterpick
5. The winner of the previous match chooses their character
6. The loser of the previous match chooses their character

**No player is allowed to choose the stage they just won on (unless both players agree)

I would like to get a list of ppl going so the store owners will no if i need more space. Then they can open up a room downstairs 4 us.

So far its:

T. Webb
Rykard
IcedTea
Cloudz
F8
K_Coast (Right F8???)
Prid3 (Right F8???)
Shadowball2 (maybe)
Flaco(maybe)
Armegeddon (maybe)
Bino
Sol
Ky
Phish It
Allied
OTG
Niko
Milos
Mikeal(maybe)
Nintendude(maybe)
HBK(maybe)
Swift (maybe)
A Nub(maybe)
and any1 else that otg can con into coming if he comes.

PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bring setups....i cant bring my tv but i can bring 2 wii's and a copy of smash.....and if any1 has a tourney organizer program on a laptop could u bring it plz. i would if i still had a laptop but if not sum1 with better experience than me help me make brackets

Just think of it as a warm up for pound NY:)

phish-it

Smash Champion
Hype this up! I'm going to Pound and but haven't played since ROM2, it's obvious my Load Dragon needs victims to warm up against.

NOHK

Smash Apprentice
if i didn't already have another non-smash related situation to attend, i'd def be at this. it's only like 5 stops on the train from where i'm at. maybe next time though.

Rykard

Smash Ace
soooo i'm excited for this and there should be a draft crew battle after singles is over. Those are always a lot of fun

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
There's going to be a Pound NY?

'sup T. Webb? Been a while since I saw you in the character boards.

As I am unable to make it to Pound 4, I can try and get to this. I'll talk to Flaco and Armegeddon and you might have three coming from Springfield, but put us down as "maybe" because I will see how far it is and whether or not I can even get there. I will try okay? :D

*EDIT*

Erm... what time is it starting??? it's almost 3 hours from where I am so I'll need to know.

PK Webb

Smash Champion
Bino u live 5 mins away ur confirmed always lol.....Rykard yes 0-2 isnt a good look maybe since we got a lil better we can get 1-2 lol......shadowball2.....dude come we gotta meet ur too kool...u main the most powerful pocket monster in the universe lol.....im still offerin to pick ppl up from the train....im already pickin up milos so any1 else who needs a ride from the pk train station i got u....my car is legit

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
shadowball2.....dude come we gotta meet ur too kool...u main the most powerful pocket monster in the universe lol.
Actually I main Marth. >_<

But my Mewtwo hasn't gone anywhere, no worries. ;)

As of right now, Flaco can't go, and therefore neither can Armegeddon, so IF I make it we'll see eachother. I was kinda counting on them helping me with gas $ so... yeah. I'm going to spar with Flaco on wensday and try to talk him into it. i may say heck with it and drive alone anyways...

PK Webb

Smash Champion
doubles then singles cuz doubles is usually faster and ,maybe a draft crew battle with every1 included

PK Webb

Smash Champion
good stuff now i have a real tourney like 3 or 4 different crews are gonna be there plus sum other great players

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
im sry cannot make this. I have to work. I have mandatory meeting and ****. I have already requested out for pound and rom2 so i dun have anymore get out of jail free cards.

PK Webb

Smash Champion
I can't record cuz I don't have a laptop if any1 wants to bring stuff to record wit I would call them sexy lol

Rykard

Smash Ace
i have a camera that has a record function with pretty good quality. It can only get about half an hour of recording though cause of the SD card i have for it is only 4GB. i think i have a bigger one but it's probably at school

prog

Priest of the Temple of Syrinx
If Prog makes the long drive up, he'll have his recording equipment.

otg

Smash Master
Ok, so I hate to say this, but we might not be coming now. Like 3 out of the 4 people I was going to bring with me are all flaking as of today, and unless I can get some other people to come it's NOT happening because I need help with gas$. I don't want to flake, but right now this is out of my control.

Hit me up on AIM if you want to talk more about this trey.

Reaver197

Smash Lord
Just out of curiosity, are there people going to this that don't have a teams partner?

PK Webb

Smash Champion
Good stuff prog umm anyone bringing setups cuz I only have myth Wii....does anyone need a ride from the train station

Rykard

Smash Ace
Good stuff prog umm anyone bringing setups cuz I only have myth Wii....does anyone need a ride from the train station
well they have the two TVs that are there already and i know Bino has brought one for a previous tournament there so that is potentially 3.

Top Bottom