• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Falcon's "Infinite" on PS1's Rockwall *Updated 12/27*

lordhelmet

Smash Master
CF has a grab release "infinite" on some characters agaisnt PS1's rock wall (tested on Shadow Moses.) Note that this is very situational and the oponent kneeds be around or above 50% so they can't break out of the grab. Also note that attacks out of the grab can be teched, but the timing is very strict.

I'll be doing more testing on other characters later. If anyone else wants to do some testing, then by all means go ahead.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:metaknight: Regrab, Jab, F-tilt, D-tilt, F-smash, D-smash, U-smash, N-air, U-air, Up-B, Over-B

B:snake: F-tilt, U-tilt, F-smash, U-smash, F-air, U-air, Up-B

:wario: F-tilt, U-tilt, F-smash, U-smash, N-air, F-air, U-air, Up-B

B:falco: Does not pop up high enough to be grab released (from the n-air)

B:diddy: Regrab, Jab, F-tilt, D-tilt, U-tilt, F-smash, D-smash, U-smash, N-air, F-air, D-air U-air, Up-B, Over-B, Down-B

B:dedede: (Strict timing) F-tilt, U-tilt, F-smash, U-smash, F-air, U-air, Up-B

:squirtle: Regrab, Jab, F-tilt, D-tilt, U-tilt, F-smash, D-smash, U-smash, N-air, F-air, D-air, Up-B, Over-B, Down-B

:ivysaur: U-air, B-air, Up-B

:mario2: U-air, Up-B

:lucas: Regrab, Jab, F-tilt, D-tilt, F-smash, D-smash, U-smash (SDI-able), N-air, U-air, Up B, Over-B

B:ganondorf: Regrab, Jab, F-tilt, D-tilt, U-tilt, F-smash, D-smash, U-smash, N-air, F-air, D-air, U-air, Up-B, Over-B, Down-B

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This DOES work on bigger characters, you have to first do a first-hit n-air then you can grab. You have to regrab them while they are still airborn. Characters that kneed to be first-hit n-aired are marked with "B".

A bolded f-air means that it is easy to sweetspot,

DoB04

Smash Journeyman
hey nice thread but i dont have my wii available for me right now so i cant test this out so id like to ask you to try something out...
a few months ago, there was a grab release thread in which i posted a find that nobody really payed much attention to...
anyway what i had said was that if you were to grab an airborne character, you would be able to air release them, no matter how tall they were... if this really is true then we have more combos for this thread, if you would like a suggestion, try grabbing an airborne ganondorf in training mode close to a wall and see if he air releases, if he does, you can probably have enough time to regrab him while he is still airborn, thus turning it into an infinite...

lordhelmet

Smash Master
hey nice thread but i dont have my wii available for me right now so i cant test this out so id like to ask you to try something out...
a few months ago, there was a grab release thread in which i posted a find that nobody really payed much attention to...
anyway what i had said was that if you were to grab an airborne character, you would be able to air release them, no matter how tall they were... if this really is true then we have more combos for this thread, if you would like a suggestion, try grabbing an airborne ganondorf in training mode close to a wall and see if he air releases, if he does, you can probably have enough time to regrab him while he is still airborn, thus turning it into an infinite...
I can try that, however, that is even more situational than what it already is... the opponent will have to be airborne while next to the rock wall WHILE you're also next to the rock wall.

DoB04

Smash Journeyman
as situational as it may be, i think we can work around it... example would be canceled nair to grab... it should hit them in the air for just enough time in order for you to grab them before they fall... not sure though but could work...

lordhelmet

Smash Master
as situational as it may be, i think we can work around it... example would be canceled nair to grab... it should hit them in the air for just enough time in order for you to grab them before they fall... not sure though but could work...
Hrmm... I can fool around with this. Should'nt be too hard on characters like Ganon and Snake.

I'll try to find someone to test with tonight.

.Marik

is a social misfit
It's actually very good for Falcon, for UpB/Uair/Nair purposes.

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
It's a horrible match-up for most characters, though. I don't like picking it myself.

DoB04

Smash Journeyman
so... did you get to testing this? dont let it die again :(

Psychoace

Smash Champion
B :ike: regrab, jab, U-tilt, F-tilt, D-tilt (you can regrab from the D-tilt not sure to what percent though.), F-smash, D-smash, U-smash, N-air, U-air, F-air, B-air (I think), D-air, Up-B, Over-B, Down-B.

napZzz

Smash Hero
****.....falcon boards are pretty desperate to find something for this "character"...looks sorta legit tho, I have a new trick to use now in falcon FFA's :D

lordhelmet

Smash Master
***** why the **** you bumping old threads this ain't even legit LMAOZ
It's not likely that you'll use this in a real match, but it's legit so look into what you talk about before you start cussing from behind your keyboard.

And he bumped it because he had something useful to say, unlike you ever do.

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
aince this is bumped, was there ever a video for this? id like to see it in action :D

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
helmet why are you being harsh on that yayuhz guy, whatever did he do to you? I'm losing a lot of respect for you cuz of the constant BS you post.

lordhelmet

Smash Master
helmet why are you being harsh on that yayuhz guy, whatever did he do to you? I'm losing a lot of respect for you cuz of the constant BS you post.
Because he randomly just came to the boards and posting nothing but useless spam. I'm normally not this ornery but it makes me really mad when I come to the boards and see nothing but ****posting, you guys are the reason a lot of legit Falcons have left these boards and that's my problem with what you've been doing.

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
LMAO!??!?!? Who the **** are these legit Falcons? The legit Falcons that still play are still here, and are also the same ones you talk **** to all the time. Get your facts straight helmet.

Player-3

Smash Hero
tbh it's not that hard to do this agaisnt an ike if you can grab them facing a tall wall

although since ps1 has no room to grab and run towards it it gets tricky, but on stages like RC (the part where it's moving to the right before it drops back to the boat) there's a wall on the left that works and has room, and agaisnt most chars you can do fthrow > initial dash > shield grab and probably start this up, isn't as hard as it sounds

lordhelmet

Smash Master
LMAO!??!?!? Who the **** are these legit Falcons? The legit Falcons that still play are still here, and are also the same ones you talk **** to all the time. Get your facts straight helmet.
Ayaz and Winnar of the top of my head. I know you and Ramzeh are legit but you would be a hell of a lot more helpful if you posted intelligent things more often.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I bet people like Ally, Acedude, and YoshQ would post more here if it was a real board. I know there are a ton others just by skimming through old threads.

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
Hah, it'd be more legit if there were more tall walls on legal stages. But then again, lots of characters can take advantage of walls better than we can :x
dedede comes into mind >.>

what the hell is up with the falcon board? every other board is like "lalalala we'll help you, we're friends blah blah derp" but for some reason you guys are always at each others throats lol

Makaveli tha Don

Smash Apprentice
Ayaz and Winnar of the top of my head. I know you and Ramzeh are legit but you would be a hell of a lot more helpful if you posted intelligent things more often.

Ayaz left because of the stuff that happened in the back room you little trick. stop mentioning names you don't know **** about.
Im sick of it. you always like "ayaz! ayaz! he 2 gud for you!" he left because of his long running campaign against knees ideology which they debated intelligently. you know nothing, so don't make a claim.

Winnar pisses blood.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I bet people like Ally, Acedude, and YoshQ would post more here if it was a real board. I know there are a ton others just by skimming through old threads.
I doubt ally would post here too much. But something tells me that he would fit in with US just fine.
Acedude never posted much to begin with, but he still partied with us. He is one of the old mains, so don't call him out.

yoshQ? he hasn't showed that he knows anything as significant as our knowledge. obv he is welcome here and we'd love to have him around and all that gay **** but he hasn't shown too much **** so don't call him out either.
Yeah but he got back on the boards for a time, he specifically told me through AIM he's done with the boards because of all the **** that gets posted here.
PISSES BLOOD. and he still didn't know as much as we did.

I posted intelligently in the MU thread to show you ganks that i knew my **** and hadn't gone dull. your only rebuttle was "no...u".

We Know Our **** *****

Player-3

Smash Hero
loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooozl @ how the intelligent post in the thread is ignored

Top Bottom