• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

1/11/10 UPDATE! [March 27th](Melee-only)[Vancouver WA] Who Seeded This?: NPM II

Vulcan55

Smash Lord
Who seeded this?: NPM II - A Vancouver WA Melee tournament
March 27th, 2010

REGISTER ON AIB AS WELL (CLICK THE PICTURE)​

Money:
Singles: $10 per person
Doubles: $10 per person ($20 per team)
Venue fee (if there is one): Won't be more than $5

Atendees:
-Artifice
-Grunt
-Infinitora
-OMGage
-Pwneroni?
-Eggz
-Keeper
-Moochero
-Thinkgood1?
-Vulcan
-Siglemic
-Aftermath
-Dog Latin?
-Zodiac/Mofat
-Cactuarz
-Debaser

Set-ups:
-Vulcan (TV, GC)
-Vulcan (TV)
-Keeper (GC)
-Siglemic (Setup...)
-Infinitora (TV, GC)
-Zodiac (TV, GC, maybe two)

About set-ups:

I will be giving cards for each TV that you must (it will very much behoove you) use. They indicate the current game's status (Friendly, MM or Tourney match) so that people do not bug the players by asking whether it's "tourney".

Venue:

-My house
1208 se 182nd ave Vancouver, WA 98683

Food:

-Lots of food by my house

Schedule:
10:30AM - Set-up, Warm-up and Doubles (2v2) Registration
11:30AM - Doubles Registration closes.
11:45AM - Introduction, rules and plans. Melee 2v2 starts
2:00PM (Or when doubles ends) - Lunch break / Singles registration starts
3:00PM - Singles registration ends / Assign players to pools
5:00PM (Or when Pools end) - Generate singles bracket
5:15PM - Singles bracket matches and "On deck" called / Singles starts
When singles ends (if time allows) - Draft Crews
11:00PM - Tournament ends

Rules:

•4 stock
•2/3 sets (Pools+Bracket)
•3/5 (Semis+Finals (Finals only doubles))
•8 minute time limit
•Items off
•Ties broken by lives, then %
•Double Blind character pick can be called at anytime.
•Advanced Slob Picks: Loser may choose the next stage or select to go random. The winner may then change their character, followed by the loser.
•Bring your own controller
•Controller Mods, Glitches (IC Freeze Glitch, Mewtwo Soul Stunner, etc), and tactics used to stall a match (wall-bombing, rising pound), are banned.
•Team Attack will be ON
•Life stealing allowed
•Stage bans (one per set) are to be done before the first match, or afterwards (Always after if stage striking is done), BEFORE anyone declares a Counterpick stage.
•Stage striking is the prioritized method of picking round 1 (lower port goes first), however if both players agree, they may pick the R1 stage randomly.
•DSR applies to Bo3 sets
•Bo5 sets are played with a modified DSR: Only the last stage won on is not available

Stages:

Neutrals 1v1:

•FD
•Yoshis
•Dreamland
•Battlefield
•Fountain of Dreams

Neutrals 2v2:

•FD
•Yoshis
•Dreamland
•Battlefield
•Pokemon Stadium

Counterpicks 1v1:

•Kongo Jungle
•Brinstar
•Rainbow Cruise
•Pokemon Stadium

Counterpicks 2v2:

•Kongo Jungle
•Brinstar
•Rainbow Cruise

Payouts:

Singles:
1st: 48%
2nd: 22%
3rd: 14%
4th: 8%
5th: 4% each

Doubles:
1st: 60%
2nd: 30%
3rd: 10%

Other Rules:

•Failure to report to your match within 5 minutes will result in a loss of 1 game.
•Failure to report to your match within 10 minutes will result in the loss of the set.
•Players may not attempt to manipulate pools or the bracket. In doing so you will be DQ'd.
•Players may not attempt to report false match scores. In doing so you will be DQ'd.
•Players cannot quit or pause a match without consent of the opponent. Failure to adhere to this may result in the loss of the current game.
•Please respect whatever building the tournament is in.
•Do not steal anyone's stuff.
•Please do not play friendlies or MM's on bracket TV's if they are needed for bracket.
•If there are enough TV's one may be marked for friendlies. DO NOT PLAY ON IT IF YOU HAVE MATCHES TO PLAY.
•Report to your matches when they are called ASAP. Failure to do so will get you DQ'd.
•Please use the TV cards correctly. If I need to get everyone's attention, and you didn't change the card from "friendly" to "MM", I will assume it is a friendly and may stop the game.
•I WILL DQ people. I will NOT hold up the tournament very long for late entrants.
•I can house a few people the night before if need be and I'm sure someone else in NOregon will as well.
•I want this to run a smoothly as possible, so please do not hinder the tournament's progress.

Contacts:

The best way to reach me is through SWF (Vulcan55) or on AIM (Pill Spam)
Alternatively, you can try my cell phone if absolutely necessary:
360-910-6868
PLEASE PLEASE Text me at least FIRST and introduce yourself, because I wont answer some random number if I don't know who it is.

Peach Masta

Smash Lord
There is a time. Getting a venue is easy. Especially since he has one guaranteed he is just looking for a better one. It's better to get it up, so people can get hyped. I'm pretty sure Genesis didn't have their venue when they first posted the tournament page

pockyD

Smash Legend
that sounds really cumbersome to have people text you before calling you

not that i'm interested in going or anything

keeper

Smash Champion
lol @ tournament organizers setting dates/times and posting tournament threads without having a venue secured
There is a time. Getting a venue is easy. Especially since he has one guaranteed he is just looking for a better one. It's better to get it up, so people can get hyped. I'm pretty sure Genesis didn't have their venue when they first posted the tournament page
This. Read better. =\

that sounds really cumbersome to have people text you before calling you

not that i'm interested in going or anything
That's only if people are planning to call him.

debaser

Smash Lord
I like how california only shows up in oregon threads to criticize mundane details

mio

Smash Ace
I like how california only shows up in oregon threads to criticize mundane details
I'm not trying to be territorial, I'm coming from a tournament organizer's standpoint. People love to post tournament threads as soon as they decide that they want to run a tournament, but a lot of the times do so before they have any of the details solidified (venue being the most important thing). Genesis was a special case, but most of the time when I see tournaments that have no venue determined, they end up being really terribly organized.

Perhaps this tournament will disprove my observation, we'll see.

debaser

Smash Lord
I'm not trying to be territorial, I'm coming from a tournament organizer's standpoint. People love to post tournament threads as soon as they decide that they want to run a tournament, but a lot of the times do so before they have any of the details solidified (venue being the most important thing). Genesis was a special case, but most of the time when I see tournaments that have no venue determined, they end up being really terribly organized.

I'm sorry that you have that pet peeve, but I direct you to peach masta's post in case you missed it

keeper

Smash Champion

Well, the person hosting this tournament has run a tournament in the past and it was at his house. So if any of his potential venues fall through, he has a proven "Venue" to use.

Note: Vancouver Washington is literally 3 minutes from Oregon.

Peach Masta

Smash Lord
Yesssss. Pound 4 rules are sooo good. It's either neutral stages or jiggly counters haha.

Vulcan, your little quote in your sig is one of the funniest things I've ever read

Vulcan55

Smash Lord
Rules updated.
go sign up on aib peeps.
EDIT: Again.
Let me know if there's a lot of disagreement with these rules.

Vulcan55

Smash Lord
BIG UPDATE!
THIS IS NOW MELEE-ONLY!

@Siglemic:
By set-up do you mean console, or a TV as well?

unityole

Smash Lord
i will come to this with maybe some bc smashers (if i can get a ride from blunted object)

if eric (blunted_object10) drives, I will probably get Dieslow, Hitsugaya, Diakonos or Noobking to come to this, if they are available.

Vulcan55

Smash Lord
i will come to this with maybe some bc smashers (if i can get a ride from blunted object)

if eric (blunted_object10) drives, I will probably get Dieslow, Hitsugaya, Diakonos or Noobking to come to this, if they are available.
**** just got REAL.
(No offense, wwa)

Top Bottom