• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Quick Attack Item Techs

Scissors Sir

Smash Ace
1) quick attack toss
-grab item
-QA into ground
- press A (or Z depending on which item you're holding)

You will suffer no landing lag even though QA wasn't interrupted by a jump

2)quick drop
-QA downward towards an item on the ground (space it slightly for diddy's bananas)
-When you land press Z

Use: instantly gain possession of items (especially poke balls and banana peels)
If you just press Z, pika will quickly pickup and drop the item in one quik motion. If you hold down while pressing Z, you will suffer landing lag but will still hold the item.

3) I'll talk about this one at a later time... (hint: if I can get it down even 80% of the time consistently..... Diddy is screwed

altairian

Smash Lord
Interesting. I had a hard time telling if the first one was actually faster or not, but the QAC item pickup is pretty nifty. It's a little hard to get the spacing right for angled QA's, especially if you're trying to pick up a hostile banana peel, but it's something to keep in the back of your head when fighting an item using character for sure.

Don't hold back on us on the last one, pikas gotta stick together! xD
And maybe we can help you perfect it.

Pikabunz

Smash Hero
NNID
Pikabunz
3DS FC
1134-8730-8374
Old stuff, but probably not well known. You should post this in the research thread. You can also pick up items by QAing down towards an item and use fair, bair, or uair as you land to pick them up with no aerial landing lag. The best way to pick up items through QA is to QAC with jump and then use an aerial or Z to pick up the item. This way you'll be in the air holding the item. You gotta time it right when picking up an item with Z if you want to pick up the item without air dodging.

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Anything that helps Pika vs. items (Diddy! :mad: ZSS suit pieces! :mad:) is fan-****ing-tastic for me.

Thanks, Ron! Way to come out the shadows, lol.

Scissors Sir

Smash Ace
K prime I agree. Picking up items after QA is old news. But the way I mentioned leaves you able to do anything afterwards. Using aerials to pick it up will leave you unable to do anything until the aerial lag finishes

The timing on free movement vs very slight lag seems to be kinda tight.
Think of QA>naner possession>drop>down smash as diddy comes towards you to gain possession of his naner.

He'll either hit you and slip
Grab you and slip
Grab the naner and eat the down smash
Or shield (umm anyone? LOL)

And don't worry guys I'm not gonna keep the third one away from y'all. I just wanna get better at it to make sure it's legit

Pikabunz

Smash Hero
NNID
Pikabunz
3DS FC
1134-8730-8374
You can use Z as you jump to pick up the item without any lag at all and you'll be in the air. I prefer it than picking up an item and staying on the ground.

Scissors Sir

Smash Ace
Ok. Either way is good and of course people will have their preference. But you don't have to attack necessarily from this either

You can:
-run
-re-pickup the item and glide toss
-jump (winks at prime)

If you don't need to evade an attack or projectile than you're putting yourself in the air unnecessarily I think. But like I said everyone has their preference. It's good to have options though... Right pikas? ^_^

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
You can use Z as you jump to pick up the item without any lag at all and you'll be in the air. I prefer it than picking up an item and staying on the ground.
Both have their uses. If Diddy doesn't shield on approach, being on the ground gives you different options to intercept him. *shrug*

EDIT: This is the second time I've gotten ninja'd today........... -_-

The Truth!

Smash Ace
Very nice finds, that quick pickup-drop is especially awesome. Im glad to see youre still finding these things Scissors.

Muhznit

Smash Journeyman
Oh wow, this was just discovered? I'm honestly surprised. While I'm here for a moment, I'd like to point out that QAing into someone while holding a Gooey Bomb will make it latch on to them. Same goes for Snake's C4, but I'm sure ya'll new that already.

gamesuxcard

Smash Journeyman
I don't know if anyone else likes it, but when I predict a diddy throwing nanners from across the screen qacing forwards to sh>>instant throw the naner where I want is useful and always makes me feel like a winner =P

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Not well known at all. Very cool.
(Hopefully this isn't old and I won't get another warning)
Just so you know, you can look at the date of the last poster. Also, if it is a few months old, it will say it right above the quick-post section. It will say something like "This post is 3 months old, do you REALLY wanna post here?"

Top Bottom