• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OTL Perfect Rankings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nelo Vergil

Smash Master
Sorry Kaz, but first off I must say your list is a bunch of BS, so I made this. The premise is simple, Ill manage everything of all tournaments from this point on.

Step 1) Nominate tournaments
-This is simple, simply nominate a 1v1 no gimmick tournament (inlcuding 2v2 and gimmick tournaments really screw up rankings) and placings there shall be ranked together.

Step 2) Reliable Hosts
-Like above, only this time nominate certain hosts (Ex. ShadowFire) who have held successful legit tourny's, again no gimmick hosts, or hosts you often let there project die/bail, unless you have some moderate hosting success (we all have those tournaments that dont go well)

Step 3) Catalouging all future tournaments
-From this point on, any weekly/tournament that is 1v1, shall be used as a basis for this ranking, as well as the Host being added to the list of Reliable Hosts.

So everyone, feel free to nominate past completed tournaments, as well as trust worthy hosts. The point system will work easily

1st: 15 points
2nd: 10points
3rd: 8 points
4th: 6 points
5th-8th: 3 points
9th+: 1 point
DQ/Drop-out: 0 points

I shall also be assembling a council to help manage all this, no 1 man bias. I shall judge who deserves to be on the council, Including council leader (Im merely going to manage this for everyone, so you all know where you stack up =D...and sorry Kazoo, but this needs a reformat)

Nelo Vergil

Smash Master
Current Tournament List: (Wow, thats really all I can find atm -_-)

The New New Members Fight Arena Online Tournament ~Host: Z.e.n
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=257248

The Void Tourney ~Host: Neo Exdeath
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=253455
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Power Hosts:

Z.e.n
Tournaments:
The New New Members Fight Arena Online Tournament
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=257248

Neo Exdeath
Tournaments:
The Void Tourney
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=253455

Future Tournaments/Hosts shall be added once more tournaments are 100% complete

Nelo Vergil

Smash Master
Since there's only 2 tournaments I found atm, the listing is....innacurate....Ill post it for now, but take it with a very small grain of salt until we get past results

Format:
Rank/Name/Points

Top Tier

1st: crappycola~16
2nd: PrinceRamen~15
3rd: thegreatkazoo~10
3rd: Ssonic~10

High Tier

5th: SoniKupo~8
5th: proffessor mgw~8
5th: BBQTV~8
8th: mcmuff1nman~6
8th: KirbyWizard~6

Mid Tier

10th: Neherazede~4
11th: Falconflier~3
11th: Aibou~3
11th: Zeldspazz~3
11th: Z.e.n~3
11th: Sammyp~3
11th: tsilver 33~3
11th: NoriakiZ~3
11th: Gf2tw~3

Low Tier

19th: C Spyker~1
19th: mewter~1
19th: GunmasterLombardi~1
19th: Shadowfirex100~1
19th: Paladin77~1
19th: Highfive~1
19th: Javon89~1
19th: Gamingblack~1
19th: Moot~1
19th: Neo Exdeath~1
19th: Creaty~1
19th: Captain9wnag3~1
19th: KrayzeeGuy~1
19th: Icyo~1
19th: Liquid 117~1
19th: TimeWarpedBrawler~1

thegreatkazoo

Smash Master
Sorry Kaz, but first off I must say your list is a bunch of BS, so I made this. The premise is simple, Ill manage everything of all tournaments from this point on.

Step 1) Nominate tournaments
-This is simple, simply nominate a 1v1 no gimmick tournament (inlcuding 2v2 and gimmick tournaments really screw up rankings) and placings there shall be ranked together.

Step 2) Reliable Hosts
-Like above, only this time nominate certain hosts (Ex. ShadowFire) who have held successful legit tourny's, again no gimmick hosts, or hosts you often let there project die/bail, unless you have some moderate hosting success (we all have those tournaments that dont go well)

Step 3) Catalouging all future tournaments
-From this point on, any weekly/tournament that is 1v1, shall be used as a basis for this ranking, as well as the Host being added to the list of Reliable Hosts.

So everyone, feel free to nominate past completed tournaments, as well as trust worthy hosts. The point system will work easily

1st: 15 points
2nd: 10points
3rd: 8 points
4th: 6 points
5th-8th: 3 points
9th+: 1 point
DQ/Drop-out: 0 points

I shall also be assembling a council to help manage all this, no 1 man bias. I shall judge who deserves to be on the council, Including council leader (Im merely going to manage this for everyone, so you all know where you stack up =D...and sorry Kazoo, but this needs a reformat)
Excellent suggestions, but here is the one thing: I implelmented every suggestion you had on here.

1v1 tourneys? Check
Reliable TOs? Check
Catalog of tourneys being used? Check

In fact, that's the only way I made my PR. Read through my OP and attachment for more.

Sieguest

Smash Master
Excellent suggestions, but here is the one thing: I implelmented every suggestion you had on here.

1v1 tourneys? Check
Reliable TOs? Check
Catalog of tourneys being used? Check

In fact, that's the only way I made my PR. Read through my OP and attachment for more.
You included 2v2 tourny rankings to be included in yours, and your points were more spaced than his, your PR is definitely not the same....

that and you included Kupo's MK tourny.... (lawl >__>)

thegreatkazoo

Smash Master
You included 2v2 tourny rankings to be included in yours, and your points were more spaced than his, your PR is definitely not the same....

that and you included Kupo's MK tourny.... (lawl >__>)
What are the odds that I would have a point system exactly like his. Seriously. :bee:

I included the MK tourney because it was a 1v1 tourney. If you want to offer suggestions as to what tourneys I should include, reply as needed in my thread. Thanks. :)

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Tournaments that should be added are only ones that are using the SWF Official Rule Set.

An only MK tournament would give players who are actually better with the character points over the better player that happens to not be able to win a metaknight ditto.

Nelo Vergil

Smash Master
Like I said Kazoo, no gimmick tournaments....I might inlcude your pool tournament, due to it following the standard tournament rules, but Ill let the council decide on that. Shadow I definetly want you on it, but who else thinks they can help manage everything

Nelo Vergil

Smash Master
Its very outdated though Shadow, alot of those players havent done anything for a while....we may need to edit everything together. I mean Aryman obviously cant be #1 for example, he hasnt Brawled in who knows how long, see what I mean? We need a new one for the current OTL, which I realized after reading your awesome collection, but perhaps we can combine it together?

Knubs.

ナブ Paquito.
I know its very outdated, but Kazoo's thread actually has all the tourneys hosted in the missed time because what tourneys were seriously hosted at that time?

Ramen pulled up others as well.

Combine them.

Nelo Vergil

Smash Master
All right, how should we combine them together, I mean the outdated players shouldnt really be on there anymore.

How about this, I lock my thread, Kazoo locks his, and the 3 of us create a new thread with everything figured out, as well as weeding out any inactive tournament player, that way we get the list for all current OTL players?

Knubs.

ナブ Paquito.
If anyone feels like helping and getting this all organized here.

Post the current results in this format.

Tourney's Initials - # of people
First Place
Second Place
Third Place
Fourth Place

Example-
CTBR^3- 16 *new*
1. chris the brawler 1.6
2. Linkwearsgreen .8
3. ShinyMewtwo .48
4. Zeadro .16

Knubs.

ナブ Paquito.
Btw, I like to keep the old points such as for Aryman because to me its better to have those who were once there. Current OTL still has potential to pass anyone on that list. I'd like to past some people. :q

zeldspazz

Smash Master
You shouldnt get a point just for entering a tourney. I think you should only give points to people who make top 8. Also the size of the tourney should be taken into acount, thats probly been said already though.

Nelo Vergil

Smash Master
NNMFA Tourny-20 entrants

1st: Prince Ramen
2nd: thegreatkazoo
3rd:SonicKupo
4th: Tie=mcmuff1nman/kirbywizard

Neo Exdeath tourny-16

1st: crappycola
2nd: Ssonic
3rd: Tie=proffessor mgw/BBQTV

The rest of Kazoo's list is unusable IMO, and I guess your right Shadow, anyway, someone request a lock on both of our thread's now that the original is back

Knubs.

ナブ Paquito.
NNMFA Tourny-20 entrants

Neo Exdeath tourny-16

1st: crappycola
2nd: Ssonic
3rd: Tie=proffessor mgw/BBQTV
These are the only ones right? From your thread of course.

Nelo Vergil

Smash Master
Thats right Shadow, also do you use gimmick tournys on your listing, I honestly think tournaments that limit character selection or such should be allowed

Knubs.

ナブ Paquito.
Thats right Shadow, also do you use gimmick tournys on your listing, I honestly think tournaments that limit character selection or such should be allowed
Pretty sure that we always added them :ohwell: , but I do see your point in that.

This was more strict in Character Rankings tbh.

Nelo Vergil

Smash Master
It shouldnt be allowed, I mean for an example what if there was a Mario series only tourny, alot of people dont use Mario characters, so someone can...in essence, be getting points and improved ranking they really do not deserve, since they know the character so well compared to others

Knubs.

ナブ Paquito.
I can't change the ones done, but if you guys want we can do the ones from now on.
Since most of them are really old.

EDIT:

Although it wouldn't be fair.

Kupo Rose

It's what my cutie mark is telling me ♫
NNMFA Tourny-20 entrants

I have the same problem as zeldspazz. People get my name wrong too. That's twice now Zero and we're in HOR!

D:<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom