• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

North AL Presents: FAP! - Huntsville, AL. July 24-25 NOW WITH BRAWL+

j00t

Smash Champion
UPDATE #2: There will be a Brawl+ side event, hosted by KOKingpin. I'll update this section with more details soon.

UPDATE: FAP AIB LINK

General

Ever since the end of the S.T.A.R.T. tournament series waaaaay back when, Alabama has really taken a back seat in terms of tournament hosting. Ever since I started playing back in late '06, I've wanted to host my own tournament. After finding a decent venue, I'm here to bring the tournament scene back to Alabama. And besides, North AL is where the legendary battle between Darkrain and Isai took place! What better place is there to hold a tournament!?

Welcome to FAP! If you don't like the name, gtfo or send me a better one >:d

This tournament is brought to you by me, j00t.

if you start fapping in my venue then I'll have to kick you out :p

Contact Info

Name: John
Smash Alias: Joot
Cell Phone #: 256-797-3709
AIM Screen Name: jturner2k6
E-Mail: jturner2k6@charter.net

Please don't hesitate to contact me about this tournament. I'll tell you everything I can about what you need to know. E-mail is the most preferred method of contact, as I am in classes most of the week and my phone will probably be on silent mode.

Event Info

DATE: July 24-25, 2010
Address/Location:

1000 Airport Road, building D
Huntsville, AL 35802

Schedule (TENTATIVE, SUGGESTIONS ARE WELCOME):

July 24
11 A.M.: Venue opens, doubles registration begins
1 P.M.: Doubles pools begin (if applicable)
5 P.M.: Break, go get food, rest, chill, w/e
6 P.M.: Doubles brackets begin
12 A.M.: Venue closes

July 25
11 A.M.: Venue opens, singles registration begins
1 P.M.: Singles pools begin
5 P.M.: Break
6 P.M.: Singles brackets begin
12 A.M.: Venue closes

Price: $5 food fee (optional), $15 singles, $20 doubles.

Payout:

1st: 60%
2nd: 30%
3rd: 10%

Attendance/Interested list:

1. j00t (obviously)
  2. moogle (I assume)
  3. mslano
  4. Rob
  5. Zero_Gamer
  6. Cheap Peach
  7. Eagletrent242
  8. SleepyK
  9. Ihavespaceballs
  10. Winnar
  11. -Chad-
  12. BBQ
  13. MookieRah
  14. Vts
  15. Duchock
  16. Nexas
  17. Anomaly
  18. Boat
  19. Nihongo-ookami
  20. KOkingpin
  21. Twitch
  22. hungrybox
  23. Nite
  24. Slinky
  25. Zero
  26. CO
  27. Zonderion
  28. Majist
  29. mc-killa
  30. SP3X
  31. Ambix
  32. TheJesus
  33. Jartarvious
  34. Shaka03
  35. FullMetal
  36. Prac352
  37. BunBun
  38. TRC
  39. shaSLAM
  40. bryu
  41. DoH
  42. Kosine
  43. Serin
  44. WOBBLES >:D
  45. Iori
  46. Dart
  47. Cam
  48. Palmer
  49. PROFESSIONAL SMASHER WILL UNDERSCORE

Additional Information

Set-ups: We really really really need setups. I can provide atleast one setup, and we might get a couple more from our crew. I'd like to have atleast 10 setups exclusively for tournament matches. If we get more then we will use those for friendlies.

Please PM me or post in this thread if you can bring a setup.

Set-ups list:
1. anomaly/Cheap Peach (2 setups)
2. Majist (1 setup)
3. CO (atleast 1 setup)
4. Jartarvious (1 setup)
5. KOKingPin (2 Brawl+ setups)​

GET HYPE!

j00t

Smash Champion
Post reserved for any additional information/developments

Stages, Rules

General Rules:

• 4 stock
  • 2/3 sets
  • 3/5 finals
  • 8 minute time limit
  • Items off
  • Ties broken by lives, then %
  • Double Blind character pick can be called at anytime.
  • Bring your own controller
  • Controller Mods, Glitches (IC Freeze Glitch, Mewtwo Soul Stunner, etc), and tactics used to stall a match (wall-bombing, rising pound, LUIGI LADDER), are banned.
  • WOBBLING IS BANNED.
  • Team Attack will be ON
  • Life stealing allowed

The *Pound* 4 stagelist will be used for FAP!

The order of play during a match is given below:

• Both players, after picking their characters, will strike stages from the list of neutrals in a 1-2-1 order. That is, the first player strikes one stage, the second player will strike two stages, and the first player will then strike the final stage. Striking order is determined by controller port.
  • After the outcome of a match has been determined, the winner of that match will ban a stage from the list of neutrals and counterpicks (EXCEPT IN FINALS). The loser of the previous match will choose a stage, the winner will choose his character, and then the loser will choose his character. This step will be repeated until a winner of the match has been determined.
  • Only one stage may be banned by each player. This applies to finals matches where the match may extend beyond the third game.
  • Controller port disputes may be settled with rock-paper-scissors or a coin toss.

Housing

EDIT: WE ARE LETTING PEOPLE SLEEP IN THE VENUE FOR FREE!!! Just be sure to bring your sleeping bag and stuff so you won't be uncomfortable.

There are a few people around the Huntsville area that are willing to provide housing for this event.

EDIT: I CAN NO LONGER PROVIDE HOUSING. There are complications with my parents currently, and I don't want to bother them with even more stuff. Sorry guys :(

moogle, mslano, and Chad have an apartment that is a lot closer to the venue (around 10-15 minutes away) and I have gotten permission from them to advertise housing space in their apartment. I don't know how many people can fit in there, but they have three couches and a lot of floor space. I'd say around 15-20 people can cram in there. PM any one of these guys for housing.

Priority for housing goes to OOS. Sorry Birmingham :(

Food

I WILL BE BUYING PAPA JOHN'S PIZZA WITH THE VENUE FEE!!! The venue itself is free, so I intend to use it to buy food for everyone who attends. I will be getting large one-topping pizzas from Papa John's, and canned soda from some place.

$5 gets you:
a half of a pizza (I think it is 4 slices for a large pizza, it could be 5)
two canned sodas

IF YOU DO NOT WANT THE PIZZA + DRINKS, THEN YOU DO NOT HAVE TO PAY THE VENUE FEE!

Other than that, there are a lot of other places within acceptable driving distance from the venue.

Thanks to KOKingpin for the pizza+soda idea.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
A 2 day tournament for...Melee?
How is that possible?

-_- Jason will get me into this game before the summer, I'm sure of it.

j00t

Smash Champion
I expect this to be as large as the Tipped Off series, so it will definitely need two days.

If for some unexpected reason that this tournament is small, then I'll make it one day.

Rayku

Smash Lord
Heh. As large as the Tipped Off series, so it needs 2 days.

Yet, TO series has always been one day.

I'll definitely try to come

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
x] Oh true, and I'm sure Pound will find a way to get their Melee done in one day, with 291 people partaking.

Why not make that extra day.....
A Brawl day

/inb4bash

j00t

Smash Champion
Heh. As large as the Tipped Off series, so it needs 2 days.

Yet, TO series has always been one day.

I'll definitely try to come
I'm pretty sure I spent two days at TO5.

Doubles first day, Singles second day???

Am I ****ing going crazy?

G. Vice

Smash Lord
Arkansas should definitely be there. I can bring one full setup, and an extra wii. J00t, thanks for putting this gig on man.

j00t

Smash Champion
I'll post more important stuff later today... such as housing, food spots, etc. etc.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Doesn't seem like I'll be able to pass this up, considering I'm so close...

Guess I'll have to get down to practice.

mslano

Smash Journeyman
I'll be there. I should have leveled up plenty by then.

j00t

Smash Champion
Fap??
FAP!?

:D
I wanted it to be "The Greatest Alabama Tourney Since Darkrain vs. Isai" or something like that. It was too similar to TGMTSBCO, however, and people liked FAP better.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Oh and j00t, I'm helping advertise this from AIB, for those who are in the AL thread over there.

It's the least I can do to help hype this.

j00t

Smash Champion
Oh and j00t, I'm helping advertise this from AIB, for those who are in the AL thread over there.

It's the least I can do to help hype this.
Thanks, I think that I should post this event on there as well. Is that what you mean, or are you just promoting it on a thread there?

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
I'm promoting it in a group I have there. Also I'm constantly finding other AL players to invite to that group.
I'll save making the event for you, as for it is your tournament and I want you and the other TO's to have the credit lol.

DJRome

Smash Hero
so this tournament is gonna be tipped off size? i hope nc goes/wherever i am for the summer

Top Bottom