• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rollout Phasing

shail

Smash Rookie
You know how if you release a rollout and hold the analog stick in the opposite direction (just before impact) of the launch you can phase behind a player and hit them? I was wondering if anyone else uses this Mindgame trick and how.

Are there any good follow-ups? Usually I catch a spot/roll-dodger or shielder by suprise with it (many opponents don't know Jiggs can do that), but lack a finisher.

Advice?

Frolossus

Smash Lord
should this have its own thread? o3o
the thing with this is that you need to take the time to charge the rollout and when you pass through the opponent they are able to attack before you can.....i think XD;

shail

Smash Rookie
Prolly not. Sorry xO

And sometimes (in my case) they do attack, but usually it hits them before depending on their attacks start-up lag. And if you launch a rollout at close range and phase, you can phase again and hit them from the front.

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
this is nothing new. Please ask your questions in the Jigglypuff Q&A. Rollout in general is a bad idea, the safest way to use it is through tech chases. Problem with your "mind game" is decent players will just shield grab you out of it.

Top Bottom