• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BrawlBox Creation & Showcase Workshop: Post your BrawlBox stuff here!

L-a-t-e-r-a-l-u-s

Smash Ace
Projects I'm working on...

Not released yet.
I was reading a thread this morning about how people were looking for a way to give the Alloy's their own CSP's instead of the game simply using Zelda's. I hope they break through with that ^^; . It might give me reason to make my own character.

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
If you look at this, you're a stalker: NorCal
I was reading a thread this morning about how people were looking for a way to give the Alloy's their own CSP's instead of the game simply using Zelda's. I hope they break through with that ^^; . It might give me reason to make my own character.
Many characters can go over people besides Alloys. To name a few normal characters with a high success rate: Olimar, Ice Climbers, Pikachu, etc.

L-a-t-e-r-a-l-u-s

Smash Ace
Many characters can go over people besides Alloys. To name a few normal characters with a high success rate: Olimar, Ice Climbers, Pikachu, etc.
I'm aware of that, but, having the Alloys with their own CSP's would enable me to use those 4 extra spaces. I tend to like all the regularly playable characters.

LSDX

Wah!
I hope so, that would save me hours of work/pain.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
I don't know if anyone has mentioned/realized this yet, but in the newest version of BrawlBox, you can edit Mr. Game & Watch's colors. Open FitGameWatch00.pac, and in the first 2 AnimationData[0] files it has his body and weapon colors respectively. I can see that the main colors are AGameWatch, but there are multiple things that all have his outline colors. I don't know what the difference is since I haven't tried it in the game yet.

LSDX

Wah!
I don't know if anyone has mentioned/realized this yet, but in the newest version of BrawlBox, you can edit Mr. Game & Watch's colors. Open FitGameWatch00.pac, and in the first 2 AnimationData[0] files it has his body and weapon colors respectively. I can see that the main colors are AGameWatch, but there are multiple things that all have his outline colors. I don't know what the difference is since I haven't tried it in the game yet.
This is good. I bet anyone can make a 2D texture of anything and overlay it on him by replacing all his textures. I vouch for Weegee, and I shall try to make him later with the newest Brawlbox ver.

Do you have any pics to validate this claim, sir?

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
He doesn't have any textures. It's all done with the new color editor feature that was added in the latest version of BB.

Dark_Ermac

Smash Apprentice
A custom SSS with all banned stages removed and all SSE stages added?

Give me all stages + SSE and I'll be happy.

LSDX

Wah!
how did you make the selection screen? i can haz download?
Brawlbox file replacements. I used properly sized images I took from Brawl (screenshots), resized them, and adjusted them to fit indexes. Requires work, so no laziness if you plan on making them yourself.

As for a download, I don't plan on any in the near future. I am busy working on multiple SSS portrait fixes and waiting for other PSA's to finish so I can apply CSS/CSP fixes for them.

Does anyone know if the PSA'ers are porting Ridley over Olimar?

Piks

Smash Journeyman

canceled Young Link project; It was started right after Fortwaffle's Roy was released. I stopped when Jack H and his crew started working on their more advanced YL model.

LSDX

Wah!
No, they're not.
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

What a load of ********. Olimar is useless, SOMEBODY has to replace him for a PSA...

This will make it harder for Ridley if he's over Blue Alloy/Zelda, b/c my Geno fixes already took the Zelda theme and icon and changed it to everything Mario related.....

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
If you look at this, you're a stalker: NorCal
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

What a load of ********. Olimar is useless, SOMEBODY has to replace him for a PSA...

This will make it harder for Ridley if he's over Blue Alloy/Zelda, b/c my Geno fixes already took the Zelda theme and icon and changed it to everything Mario related.....
About a million people are replacing Olimar with there projects, don't worry. You know the right place for this talk, though.

wilttilt

Smash Apprentice
@McSnapple

Have you tried making a custom logo? I made a Super Mario Bros. 3 one for a Desert Land texture for Yoshi's Island Melee. That is one of the hardest things to make...

LSDX

Wah!
@McSnapple

Have you tried making a custom logo? I made a Super Mario Bros. 3 one for a Desert Land texture for Yoshi's Island Melee. That is one of the hardest things to make...
That was on my mind when I was doing replacements. When I get more experience, I'm going to do that for Forest Maze (which I left a black logo for now).

By the way, since BigSharkZ left, are you going to continure the Shadow PSA?

wilttilt

Smash Apprentice
That was on my mind when I was doing replacements. When I get more experience, I'm going to do that for Forest Maze (which I left a black logo for now).

By the way, since BigSharkZ left, are you going to continure the Shadow PSA?
Basically, black is transparent, white is white, and transparent is black. Then, to make grays, a translucent white over over transparent. I don't see why they even switched transparent and black. If you want, I'd be happy to make a SMRPG logo.

LSDX

Wah!
Basically, black is transparent, white is white, and transparent is black. Then, to make grays, a translucent white over over transparent. I don't see why they even switched transparent and black. If you want, I'd be happy to make a SMRPG logo.
I'd really appreciate it man. Also, do you know where in the Brawl files I can find the big text for the victory screen for each character when they win? I've been through the STGRESULT.PAC and all dic files and found nothing.

Tiberious

Smash Journeyman
I've been working on character select stuff for Blue Alloy, but... if I knew how to turn off antialiasing for the program I have Blue made in, I could get clearer images...

Would be awesome to see these actually worked into Brawl...

LSDX

Wah!
I've been working on character select stuff for Blue Alloy, but... if I knew how to turn off antialiasing for the program I have Blue made in, I could get clearer images...

Would be awesome to see these actually worked into Brawl...
Now we just need to wait for the code that separates the alloy portraits/buttons from the characters they are already on...

By the way, nice work. I was planning on doing an alloy set after I got my SSS work done and adding a Ridley CPS/CSS replacement.

LSDX

Wah!
Hey man, quick question. The font used for the stage names (and CSS)...is there a pre-existing font to use, or do you have to do it all by hand? I'm really interested in making my own custom stage icons like that.
I don't type anything. All I do is rip the names of other stages (in BrawlBox) as .PNG's, take them all into photoshop, box the letters I need, and then drag them into the template I use to make my desired name. It takes patience, but it can get done and look pretty slick as you can tell.

Eggman

Smash Apprentice
I don't type anything. All I do is rip the names of other stages (in BrawlBox) as .PNG's, take them all into photoshop, box the letters I need, and then drag them into the template I use to make my desired name. It takes patience, but it can get done and look pretty slick as you can tell.
Alright, cool, thanks man. Yeah, they definitely look really good, hence why I thought there was a generic font out for it. I'll be working on some pics this weekend!

masamunecyrus

Smash Apprentice
Hey man, quick question. The font used for the stage names (and CSS)...is there a pre-existing font to use, or do you have to do it all by hand? I'm really interested in making my own custom stage icons like that.
The font is Impact, size 24. Its off by a pixel, but otherwise, its the EXACT same font.

libertyernie

Smash Ace
What's the secret to replacing images in sc_selmap (common5.pac) without Brawl crashing? I can get 3 new stage names in there, but it won't work after that.

Top Bottom