• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BC plays MELEE http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=255195

unityole

Smash Lord
BC monthly tournaments, featuring all 3 smash games SSBM, SSBB and SSB64. Our real goal is to gather people around the regions (ie Washington, Vancouver Island, Lower Main Land, Okanagan and northern BC) and slowly expand towards other provinces and states like Alberta and Alaska etc..

This month we will host MELEE, as stated above we wish to see many new faces every time a tourney rolls around. The venue is a decent sized room can hold up to 80+ players, and it has enough spaces to setup up to 15+ stations. The venue is completely cost free, otherwise it will be mentioned on this post. We encourage players from OoS and OoP and we will support them with gas money, housing, food and MM.

This tournament will take place at Simon Fraser University at the Burnaby mountain campus, 8888 university drive.

Tournament:
Tourney dates and structure will be like this, Melee and 64 on day 1, Brawl on day 2.
The upcoming tournament date(s) are April 3rd, Saturday. Registration and friendlies will begin as early as 9:00 AM, the first tournament event will start no later than 11:00, DON'T MISS IT!! We will have TVs set up for different games on both days, so be sure to drop by for some friendlies!

Food:
Pizza and drinks will be provided at a cost of $5. There are also other food choices on campus such as Sushi, Japanese food, Chinese food, Donair, Subway and a Coffee shop.

Main Events
Melee Singles - $10 / person, time 8 minutes.
Melee Doubles - $10 / team, time 8 minutes.
Melee Beginners - $5 / person, time 8 minutes.
Brawl Singles - $10 / person, time 8 minutes.
Brawl Doubles - $10 / team, time 8 minutes.
SSB64 Singles - $5 / person, 5 Stocks.
SSB64 Doubles - $10 / team, 5 Stocks.

Extra Events
SSB64 FFA + Items - $2 / person, 5 stocks..
Melee Low Tiers - $5 / person, time 8 minutes.
Melee Falcon Only - $5 / person, time 8 minutes.
Melee Crews - $5 / person, 20 stocks per crews team, time 8 minutes, minimum 3 players per crew.
Brawl Crews - $5 / person, 12 stocks per crews team, time 8 minutes, minimum 3 players per crew.

Most of the above events are seeded through pool matches, double elimination, and items are off for all events (except for SSB64). POT split % 60/25/15 (events with low entrants # will be 70/30 split)

Schedules Day 1
09:00 am to 11:00 am - Friendlies + Registration
11:00 am to 1:00 pm - Melee Doubles + 64 Doubles
1:00 pm to 5:00 pm - Melee Singles + 64 Singles
5:00 pm to 7:00 pm - Melee Beginners + Food
7:00 pm to whenever - Extra Events + Friendlies

Schedules Day 2
09:00 am to 11:00 am - Friendlies + Registration
11:00 am to 1:00 pm - Brawl Doubles
1:00 pm to 5:00 pm - Brawl Singles
5:00 pm to 7:00 pm - Extra Events + Food
7:00 pm to whenever - Friendlies

UPDATES

Players confirmed
1) Dieslow
2) Diakonos
3) xXx_NoobKing_xXx
4) Blunted_Object10
5) Gutz
6) Cowear
7) Patooty
8) Sion
9) *Stevo
10) RobyExtreme
11) Meta
12) *Tahsis
13) Bwmat
14) AIDs
15) *Marshall
16) Bamesy
17) Vish
18) DaZe
19) Booshk
20) Cakeh
21) Jugfingers
22) zPhoenixExz
23) DF2k
24) unityole
25) Jullyzerg
26) James
27) Coud
28) Broken_Hitbox
29) Rustedfencepost
30) Smash_Mash
31) Deap
32) Jhim
33) *Quinn
34) *Kuso
35) *Ensign
36) Lysanderblack
37) Firefly
38) Chocolate_Thunda
39) Reigned
40) *2G00d
41) Byuusan
42) Edgeluca
43) Rhett
44) Toph
45) Paff
46)

TVs / Setups Confirmation
unityole - 3 TVs, n64 setup
Meta - 2 TVs, Melee setup
Bamesy - 1 TV, Melee setup
Choco - Melee setup
Extreme - Melee setup
Bwmat - Melee setup
Tahsis - Melee setup
*Lysanderblack - 1 TV
DaZe - 1 TV + RF
Jullyzerg - RF
Toph - 1 TV

General Rules
- Stage / Character counter pick rule, all match starts with a neutral stage.
- If the game was ever to freeze, the match will be restarted despite the remaining stocks of both players unless there was a clear winner.
- Controller mods that alter control/button sensitivity are not allowed what so ever.
- Controller mods that change its cosmetics (Color/Plastic casing) or anything exterior of the like are allowed.
- Changing cosmetics will not affect a players ability to play smash and the match will still be on even playing fields.
- All team events, life stealing is allowed.
- Entrants for Melee and Brawl need to bring their own controller. SSB 64 controllers will be provided, although most of them are in bad shape, I suggest you to bring your own.
- For Melee, rules under first page of BC Canada Thread.
- For Brawl, refers to rules under SBR thread
- For SSB64, refers to me, Meta or Superboom

- Late Johns. First 15 mins if the player does not show up for his match after tournament starts, he will receive a loss and will move to losers bracket. Another 10 mins later if he still does not show up, he will be DQ.

- Bo3 for regular rounds, Semis Fnal are Bo5, Final is Bo7. Also for everyone to have a lot of friendlies, tournament events come first. So please report result of your matches as soon as you're done. If we catch anyone playing friendlies after their matches are done and fail to let us know, both player will be DQ.

These just some rules we enforce and work on, tourney drag on forever and I would really like to see some improvement on this.

Map/ Directions:
Sky train to Production Way station, take bus #145.

room: Rotunda (in case you get lost by looking at these pictures) ask where the Rotunda is!

ps. My cell number is 604 722 7798, call/pm for more info.

unityole

Smash Lord
CARL, i will do the best i can to chip in for your flight, GET OVER HERE YO!

Michael_BluFalco

Smash Journeyman
put me down as confirmed yo pho bich nga cao ni hao ma puk gai sik sey sala banjot اللعنة عليك пайшоў на хуй 你他妈的 你他媽的 persse sirain mo vittu vas te faire encule Γαμήσου לך תזדיין भाड़ में जाओ तुम あなたファック 빌어먹을 vai se foder puta пошел на хуй

Dynamism?

Smash Champion

unityole

Smash Lord
too much pressure, dog.
sion u will see the power of adamdorf tmrw yo, hes so **** at kennies.
i just hope adam can perform as good as he did at kennies

tomorrow there will be no small tourney, just stats, and mainly because of the bracket for the upcoming tourney on the 30th, each player should at least have 20-40 games tomorrow.

Igcoris

Smash Journeyman
***In addition to the original pot size, I will personally put in extra money for the tourney events, so people can play their best, or choke harder***
oshi-

sion u will see the power of adamdorf tmrw yo, hes so **** at kennies.
i just hope adam can perform as good as he did at kennies
I play a completely different falco than everyone in BC. we'll see who has the upperhand.

Top Bottom