• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sonic Hitboxes/Hitbubbles

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4KyZgMWOfs8&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4KyZgMWOfs8&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

I'm aware the Fsmash has some scaling problems...in a separate video, I'll get that fixed. The end of the video will have to suffice though.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Some of those hitboxes are unbelievable... literally.

Is there any to know whether or not this is accurate?

What happened to the B-Moves?

Will you be doing some of the other misc. attacks, let ledge attack <100, trip get-up attack, prat-fall get-up attack, etcera?

Why does Bair look so sexy but also seems like a trap?

Isatis

Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
Some of those hitboxes are unbelievable... literally.

Is there any to know whether or not this is accurate?

What happened to the B-Moves?

Will you be doing some of the other misc. attacks, let ledge attack <100, trip get-up attack, prat-fall get-up attack, etcera?

Why does Bair look so sexy but also seems like a trap?
It's accurate to the scale of bones, X/Y/Z coordinates and hitbox sizes, a move or two like I said might have errors and I'll look into that, but most of them are correct.

Side-B and Down-B I decided to leave out because the hitbox is actually smaller than Sonic itself -- just like his dash attack.

I could show those -- didn't really think of doing it since nobody else was (and couldn't find them anyway)

And it's not a trap...honestly!!! lmao

Browny

Smash Hater
hmmm, nice work but I got some issues with it.

I suspect the problem with dsmash is that the camera is following sonic since theres only 1 player on screen. put 2 there and it should show the real range of it. ftilt and bairs strange lower hitbox looks off, im sure its easy enough to test that yourself, Im certain in my hitbox testing bair never hit from that low. Also do you think the scaling of bones is acting on his jabs? It looks like it to me, I dont remember it having that much range. The more I see these hitbubble videos the less inclined I am to believe them... where youve got massive issues with his fsmash, bair and ftilt clearly not hitting there how do we know the rest is accurate? this isnt a criticism on you bio, a few charaters' hitbubbles seem to have some weird, very unrealistic shapes due to growing of bones etc.

Also if your gonna make a separate video, could you do one with all the attacks in super slow-mo and thats it? for my lucario one I took it as low as it can go on my video editing program (10%), I just think its more useful seeing it as slow as possible.

Isatis

Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
That's what I did, the first one is 25% and the second one is 10%

I will rework dsmash's camera a little later, it doesn't matter if there's 1 or 2 people there if the camera is focused. Ftilt is actually matching the disjoint it has -- stretching to the tip of his shoe but the glow actually covers that. Bair actually has a little hitbox on the bottom when I was testing it out, surprised me myself; got the bottom glow to hit Bowser.

As I've said, it is accurate (if you measure the center point of said bubble), but because of the scaling of the bones I may have to rework some. Here's an example of how Ness's utilt suffered from it, and how AMKalmar got to fix it: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=9001217#post9001217

Kupo Rose

It's what my cutie mark is telling me ♫
I actually expected the bubbles to be smaller lol.
Was hoping to see B-Moves >.<

When/If you do, do the B moves. Will you be showing the hitboxes of not just HA/DownB/SideB but also the hitboxes of VSDJ and iSDR SDJ?

Sonic's Bair is hilarious.

Thanks for putting it up Bionic!

TwinkleToes

Smash Lord
Those are mostly all the same I think SoniKupo. Except for HA, but who the **** uses that? :O

I'm still really confused about Bair, because it's a better move than Dair for attacking people below you if the hitbox is accurate @___@

Isatis

Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
It's pretty much the same reason I told Kinzer...all of his B moves have the hitbox like his dash attack...himself is a hitbox, nothing more lol

I'm not lying when I say there's a visible hitbox under Sonic though...kinda impressed me as well...and can be used to my advantage now that I know

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
You may want to go out of your way in the next video to show that the hitbubble below Sonic is there when he Bairs, because I don't think my jaw will be the same ever again.

JayBee

Smash Champion
NNID
jamesbrownjrva
that bair... wow. its so good. you know i think this means? DO you guys think Sonic can z grab items by jumping over them with bair? i wonder if that's posisble....

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
lol dsmash and nair are so awful xD i didn't know that fair had hitboxes similar to usmash though.

and i've been on this bair future status for awhile, but are you sure it's THAT much below him? I know he can hit pretty low, but that seemed a bit of an exaggeration >.>

:093:

Browny

Smash Hater
ok thats it im gonna get a screenshot of bair sparking on an enemy below i dont care how long it takes... make or break for this hitbubble method imo

TwinkleToes

Smash Lord
lol dsmash and nair are so awful xD i didn't know that fair had hitboxes similar to usmash though.

and i've been on this bair future status for awhile, but are you sure it's THAT much below him? I know he can hit pretty low, but that seemed a bit of an exaggeration >.>

Pfft, that's like saying me calling my **** 12 inches long is an exaggeration.

HOW DARE YOU QUESTION HOW LOW THEY HANG?

I think you're just jealous that me and Sonic are ballin' while you have nothing except heaps of cash and a mansion.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
I actually used that money on extenze. I'll let you know how it goes.

@DJ - I like that idea. I think I have a pretty good screenshot myself. I'll upload soon.

Isatis

Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Yeah, there's obviously a hitbox below him, but that huge? That's way too off. I've messed with that move's spacing for ages, getting each hitbox to perfection. If I could figure out how to upload my pics, I'd post them now to prove my point -_-

Kupo Rose

It's what my cutie mark is telling me ♫
If I could figure out how to upload my pics, I'd post them now to prove my point -_-

- Save snapshots to SD Card.

- Use a website like this to decrypt .bin files --> http://xane.gamez-interactive.de/Brawl/Decrypter/

- Upload via imageshack/tiny pic/photobucket?

Posted by Bionic Sonic
...all of his B moves have the hitbox like his dash attack...himself is a hitbox, nothing more lol
Lol, alright then.
Posted by TwinkleToes
Those are mostly all the same I think SoniKupo. Except for HA, but who the **** uses that? :O
Meh, I suppose. Still wanna see though D:

Browny

Smash Hater
Getting aerials to spark really is hard... I settled for the first frame the attack hit

I got closer without hitting him, but this might be in the last few frames of the attack so hitbubble may be smaller

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
@SoniKupo - gratzi :D

Exhibit A -
~I was always aware of the size of this particular section of Bair. This is where I thought it had it's biggest disjoint.

Exhibit B-
~Here is Sonic floating right over Bair at the same point as my above picture. I took a snapshot right before he would hit MK (literally, right when I unpaused it connected).

It can't be much larger than this.

Browny

Smash Hater
mk's cape probably isnt part of his hurtbox lol, my third pic is as close as I got before it hit :O

but yeah, same results. not surprising :p

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
well not the cape, look at his head/body/sphere thing lol. i drew a circle reacing to that point :o

if the hitbox was really as big as the bubble data suggested, it def should've connected there.

Phoenix_Dark

Smash Lord
NNID
Phoenix2337
3DS FC
1289-8343-1385
I'm pretty sure I've been telling you dumb *****s since March 08 that B-air is amazing. Well, except for Camaltoe. He hopped on the B-air train with me. I'm sort of with Cam on this extended hitbox underneath it though. It may just be that the hitbox is staying out too long in the video. It could be possible that it extends that far down on the first few frames. Still seems a tad too large. Anyways, glad to see Sonic's hitboxes in video finally. Even if it just further proves that Sonic's moves come out too slow/take too long to end. Thanks Bio <3

Chis

Finally a legend
NNID
ArcadianPirate
Finally, good stuff Bio.

So I'm guessing ASC's hitbox is like Sonic's dash attack too right?

Isatis

Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
Yeah Chis.

Well, photos don't lie, that might be my 2nd scaling error I'm going to have to work on. :urg:

I might edit the superscope bullet effect to not have the outlined glow on the end, makes sense for everyone at least. :ohwell:

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Still though, awesome stuff Bio. This stuff is really wicked, a few minor faults here and there is no big deal.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Isn't there supposed to be a slight disjoint on the final hit of fair? It looks just like the linking hits to me.

Bair and Ftilt look really good. I didn't know ftilt hit so far below sonic. Does that mean you can ftilt tall people from on top of platforms? It never occured to me to try.

Browny

Smash Hater
I still think jab is suffering this scaling error too. I hate Sonic's jab for a reason, and its not because it has as much range as that video shows >_>

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Isn't there supposed to be a slight disjoint on the final hit of fair? It looks just like the linking hits to me.
There is <3

I think if you watch the video carefully the hitbubble does appear at the very end.

Bair and Ftilt look really good. I didn't know ftilt hit so far below sonic. Does that mean you can ftilt tall people from on top of platforms? It never occured to me to try.
I'm pretty sure you can't, but it gets kinda close lol

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
jab and up tilts horizontal range is not accurate, if jbas hitbox was really that big, I wouldnt have to deal with every other one of my jab comboes missing the second hit.

the up tilt hitbox looks more like the actual horisontal range of his jab, and if it actually had that much range, Id use it more...up tilt literally has no disjoint horisontally, you actually have to make his foot visually overlap the other character in order for it to hit.

BSP

Smash Legend
man, no wonder nair sucks. All the opponent has to do is attack, and they'll hit your hurtbox before your hitbox hits them >_>

Phoenix_Dark

Smash Lord
NNID
Phoenix2337
3DS FC
1289-8343-1385
U-tilts hitbox extends past his foot. I don't know about those jabs, but I'd believe it, just because the hitbox isn't the reason for why it doesn't combo so often. It's because the jabs push them too far away for the next part to connect.

Top Bottom