• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The West Midland Monthlies (Starting April 16th)

Kone

Smash Master
I started talking about this in the London thread and thought it was in the inappropriate place. Posting this information early to make people aware of my plans, and that over the next few months I may go quiet again on the boards until March time.

Me and my lovely lady are moving to Birmingham come April. From our new place I will be running monthly smashfests on either a friday or saturday night most likely mid-month to avoid potential conflict with london monthlies. I would prefer them being on the friday night and this will definetly occur during any academic holidays and on a saturday if it isn't a holiday period and people don't think they will be able to travel after school/uni/other committments (although id prefer the fri still ;) ).

The first get together will occur mid-April. Most likely the second friday in the month. Everyone, I believe, should be on academic hols. If you work fulltime put it into your diary.

I am happy for both melee/brawl being played though I don't touch brawl myself (well, may wip out my DK for a few laughs).

Housing will be offered and won't be an issue as there is plenty of space. Pop, pizzas and beers wil be offered :).

This thread is to get the ball for west midland smash rolling. Let me knowing if you are interested and whther mid april is your thing. I am hoping to see a WM, EM, NW, Reading and potentially Bristol turnout regularly?

x

Kone

Smash Master
I would hope so Alex ^_^. Kate would like to hang out with you again aswell :). Its cheap for londoners so any or many welcome :)

Yeniths

East Midlands!
I will 100% be there Ed, maybe I could give you a few visits to, during term time i'm just 35 mins from Birmingham

Kone

Smash Master
Good to hear George. I actually go to Worcester quite often to see Kate's brother there. Anyway, we will most likely be living in the Stourbridge junction area or harborne/selly oak/northbridge area (harborne most likely). Will know by feb half term. Either way you'll be jumping of the train earlier that Brum which should cut your ourney in half/a third :)

Blinky

Smash Journeyman
I don't think I'd be able to make the first one, but I'd definately look at attending where possible, I'd like to come to one though.

Tamoo

Smash Master
posting to subscribe to thread and show further interest.

I would be arriving quite late if it is a friday tho, im having to be really frugal with my days off atm, may b able to take an afternoon off or sumthing :/
But i'll def be there :)

Anaky

Smash Champion
NNID
AnakyUK
I would be interested in coming and im sure Calz would come down too, maybe even K.Mac who knows, ohh yeah not to mention Dooan, and hopefully the NW smashers.

Kone

Smash Master
Tamoo - yeah thats cool, expect some people will be turning up lateish on a fri ngith anyway. People will be up late I reckon and i wont be kicking people out early sat anyway :). I may potentially move this to a saturday anyway but will see.

Trio - Awesome :) more the merrier. Lets try make the first one huge!

K.Mac

Smash Lord
I would be interested in coming and im sure Calz would come down too, maybe even K.Mac who knows, ohh yeah not to mention Dooan, and hopefully the NW smashers.
The K.Mac and his air-camping MK is intereted. :p since Rake lives in Birmingham, it'll give me an excuse to win the £2 off him that he owes me D:

Anaky

Smash Champion
NNID
AnakyUK
K.Mac.................. ................. .................... ........................Interested lololol

Brado

Smash Lord
I'll be there pretty much every month if it's only Birmingham, only £4 on the bus for us Leicester guys and it only takes like an hour coach/40ish minute train. Will be good to have these going alongside whatever we host, Midlands will be much more active.

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
It's quite annoying to see some people interested in coming to these when they never bother to attend EM monthlies. I know Kones a lot more respectable host than me or Brado but it would be nice seeing more people attend our monthlies >_>

But anyway the Leicester guys are confirmed for this.

Yeniths

East Midlands!
LJ where are you during term times? Sorry if I've already asked lol. I'd be interested in giving you a visit sometime

Kone

Smash Master
Willz - Im really glad to see the leicester guys down for these, awesome stuff. In terms of the hosting thing it maybe that ive known some people a lot longer? birmingham is a cheap/accesible place, age or owning my own place? they are suggestions not actual correct reasons.

LJ is studying in cambridge i believe :)

Anyway im really looking forward to hosting these. It has been about two years since I was able to contribute to the scene or play smash regularly enough to get any better (since wes left). be really nice hanging out/meeting a lot of the newer faces in the scene that I just aint got round to meeting yet!

Which is why i want the 9th to be really big!

K.Mac

Smash Lord
It's quite annoying to see some people interested in coming to these when they never bother to attend EM monthlies. I know Kones a lot more respectable host than me or Brado but it would be nice seeing more people attend our monthlies >_>

But anyway the Leicester guys are confirmed for this.
It's because the Leicester guys can never host :s either your parents being johns or brado not being able to find a place.

sucks.

does someone want my swine flu cough plx? I'm sick of it :ohwell:

Brado

Smash Lord
We don't host too often to be fair, but at least we've hosted 5 smashfests/tourneys w/e since we've been active (4 of Willz, one of mine), so people have had a decent chance.

Anyways I'm hyped for this, I'll be booking our coach tickets as soon as you confirm.

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
Ed's fests are hilarious; you'll see when you attend one will.

Kone

Smash Master
I don't think I can make Berlin...date isn't good for me. I will have just moved into a new house in a new city. It won't go down well with Kate if I bugger off after a week living there AND I will have just paid a large deposit on the place which means I won't have money till pay at the end of April. I am sure I will make at least one foreign tournament in the summer though. Hopefully Sweden if it goes ahead and another :)

king_NDj247

Smash Ace
so if this thing does happen where is it happenin coz i go uni in the west midlands =] n im lookin 4ward 2 playin alot of smash over this year =]

btw any1 here going uni of staffordshire, stafford campus might b able 2 get sum games in wit u coz im in halls this year got a setup, 3 controllers n 1 tv =[ but it shld b kl if only a few ppl come

Dopl-G

Smash Apprentice
HELLS YEAH, finally, a WM smash tourny, i dont care wether its melee or brawl, its fantastic if you can get it going
birmingum is easy for me since i live in the town right next ot it. its like 15 minutes for me.

Kone

Smash Master
These monthlies are going to be ran in my house and housing will be provided there. They are going to be a means for west midlands players to meet up regularly i.e. monthly and practice with one another so that when national tournies come along we are more prepared for them/can travel together.

If they end up proving to be very popular or there is the demand then I will look into a venue outside of my house. Theres a good chance I will talk to the owner of global gaming (?!) and see if I can use that regularly.

However, I am very likely aswell to be running a large national tournament in the summer and will get a proper venue. So those nearby that'll be good news for you :)

Lastly, I can't tell you where exactly this will be ran in Birmingham until I move. I am still currently living in the North East. I will be finalising my house mid-feb so will post address then :).

For Dopl-G and King you are both going to be very nearby when I do move. Theres quite a few others nearby aswell. You guys will be more than welcome to pop through my place regularly outside of monthlies for games :). Should only take you like thirty mins king.

Dol-G - where bouts you live? walsal?

Drig786

Smash Journeyman
NNID
i-DRIG-i
is this a dream ? *slaps face* dang about time West midlands get a tourney =D i must attend !! D:

Yeniths

East Midlands!
Tamoo, I'm really hoping to make Berlin, will talk to you about it at London? Don't really fancy traveling alone lol.

I'll defiantly be here :)

Top Bottom