• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Plank and GPX Presents: Smash at Anime Boston 4/3+4/4!!!!

Moadib_GPX

Smash Apprentice

Anime Boston & GPX April 2-4
Anime Boston Anime, JRock Cultural Convention & GPX Gaming Events, Conventions & Tournaments

What: Anime Boston + GPX Gaming Events
Who: GPX+Plank
Where: Hynes Convention Center
900 Boylston Street Boston, MA 02115
When: April 2-4 2010
Why: GPX has been Legitimizing This Events Tournaments and bringing the HYPE for over 3 years now, its time to bring in the big guns in 2010.

Price:

Melee Singles: $10
Melee Teams: $10/team
Brawl Singles: $10
Brawl Teams: $10/team

Convention fee:
Saturday: $30
Sunday: $25

Don't forget that this is a convention with thousands of people! Random people enter some of the game tournaments just because they're at the convention, so this adds to the attendance as well!

General Rules:

2/3 Rounds (T6 3/5 - Smash 3 Stocks / 4 Stock [Grand Finals])
2/3 Matches
Double Elimination
3/5 Winners/Losers Finals/Grand Finals
RuleSets can be found on GPX Gaming

**********April 2-4**********

Tourney Schedule:

Friday

Free Play, warmups!

Saturday

12:00 PM Melee Teams Begins
12:00 PM Brawl Teams Begins
5:00 PM Melee Singles Begin
5:00 PM Brawl Singles Begin

Sunday - Finals

Grand finals!!

For more information on any other of the games/tournaments going on or details of the convention please visit the Anime Boston website or GPX Gaming for more information.

Moadib_GPX

Smash Apprentice
Grats to FatalMatt and Koolaid for getting 9th in Pound 4 Brawl teams and 17th in Singles - that was a powerhouse of international players bud, good job representing MA!

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
ill repost this thread tonight so it's smash specific!

ill be here running it w/ gpx

Moadib_GPX

Smash Apprentice
this is plank. i now have access to this account so i updated the thread. Lets see what you've got boston!

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
the goal for these arent really to get big, but to consistently run good melee tournaments all across the country :)

the convention kids already provide some of a base, so ya

Prawn

Smash Master
I think im gonna go saturday mostly for this, even though its a steep price, hopefully i should enjoy the convention though(i'm not the biggest anime fan)

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
WOW!

This is AWESOME! I'll have to take some time off from doing artist alley to play. I mean...I was going to do that anyway but now I'm gonna make some extra effort *crosses fingers for nice ppl to watch my table*.

For reference I'm just linking up my Anime Convention thread: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=9911554

D1

Banned via Administration
I already pre-regged alooooooooong time ago for this soooo I'll be here 100%.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
PSAYYYYYYYY

<3 at least come say hi.. i was considering trying to find a way to switch the times up since more people will be there. maybe i can switch melee to friday instead of sunday, or run both saturday! I'm not really sure how it will go, I know there are usually a bunch of con entrants but there also isnt usually an entry fee. i guess we will see...

Private_O_Malley

Smash Cadet
I guess I could do teams for once if u need a partner.

Jiggs main, so wont be too in the way of a Peach.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
anime boston this weekend, come on out guys :D

i am excited!!!

my first official event with gpx

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
i cant wait to see everyyone again.

the schedule will stay as planned for this i think, brawl sat melee sunday.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
Yeah we are still working out the kinks. the only thing i know 100% for sure right now is brawl will be saturday XD

im aiming for melee sunday just need to be sure we will have enough time, i should know by tonight, im heading up to boston this afternoon

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
i think thats the new plan since the con ends at 4 PM on sunday... gonna see what we can do when brawl ends :)

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
okay, we are running melee and brawl at the same time tomorrow!! so we shall start at 12

Top Bottom