• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BrawllWall Beta - Part of OpenSA2

camelot

Smash Ace
Awesome.

Looking at Battlefield and FD, I assume black = ground, green = wall, and blue = ceiling. If that's the case, I bet the problem with FD's lip could be fixed by changing the ceiling on the lip to a wall.

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
I notice 75m doesn't show any of the moving platforms however Spear Pillar does, interesting. Also, I think the item spawn points it displays are just the spawn points used by smashballs. I'm pretty sure general item spawn points are on the ground, are far more numerous than this suggests, and are in one of the other misc files (I don't remember the number, but I do remember it being the trick to getting items in general to appear on subspace stages).

OpenSA2 is shaping up to be a more exciting project by the day really.

shadowtroop

Smash Ace
Just to clarify, it can't edit them yet right? It still looks pretty cool. Could you add the ability to have the model shown behind the planes and points? For reference?

Eldiran

Smash Lord
Nice! This looks to be amazing.

But it doesn't open SSE stages, aw. :p

More relevantly, the STGEMBLEMs crash it. The inverted vertical scrollbar is pretty trippy also.

Keep up the good work!

EDIT: If this matters, there seems to be bounding boxes of some sort floating in lower and far upper right STGFZERO. I can't inspect it because either I am super zoomed out, or the scrollbar won't let me go that far down or up.

Dantarion

Smash Champion
So far the list is Pirate Ship, Castle Siege.
Stages with almost nonsensical output because of the inability to hide obejcts...
Rainbow Cruise
Pictochat
Rumble Falls?

MK26

Smash Master
http://www.mediafire.com/?zj2oddmz0yy for ZSS fix!
ooh, that's nice

and sorry, i got cut off from the internet whilst i was insulting this last night :p

but this looks cool

and will make my life easier

but not being able to edit = :(

EDIT: whoa

you can view the object limits

thats legit

EDITEDIT: are those the limits defined in the miscdata or do they take into account the placmenet of the bone too?

but ps1 ignores the other 5 miscdatas and only opens 2, which is grass

Dantarion

Smash Champion
Published a new version.
Thanks for the info.
Now, none of the stages crash AFAIK. TO view lylat, you have to pick GDIFF.

I noticed that castle siege has a lot of parts.
Coming soon I will have a method to select MiscData nodes, and a checkbox for hiding objects.
Also, Death Boundaries and Camera bounds will be drawn with dotted lines intead of two points.

Dantarion

Smash Champion
I have to rewrite the way I parse and access the files in order to build in editing support.
The good news is that its gonna be easy to preview changes.

Upcoming changes:
Camera Boundaries shown as dotted line box.
Death Boundaries shown as dotted line box.
Toggle the display of Spawn Points, PT points, FS points, and Item Spawn points seperately.over
(That solves the overlapping text issue)
EDITING OF POINT LOCATIONS AND PLANE PROPERTIES.
INSERTION OF NEW POINTS/PLANES/OBJECTS

MK26

Smash Master
http://www.mediafire.com/?zj2oddmz0yy for ZSS fix!
dant, if there's one thing i want out of this its being able to parse (if that's the right word) the miscdata file into the x-y components of points, points and plane links of planes, and all the assorted data of objects, and throw it into a chart

cuz really, the most time-consuming part of hexing the files is turning the data into something understandable, actually editing it isnt really difficult at all (until you get into something like im doing with ps1 grass)...

actually, just being able to copy the raw data out of teh program would be great

EDIT: what's teh flag that prevents walljumping?

EDITEDIT: oh, and give me editing of types and effects in hex plz

but teh latest version is looking good :bigthumbu

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
yeah, nevermind. i tried to open a new window after i typed that, then firefox froze. i had to force quit 7 times and then log out for it to do anything. when i logged back in it showed that i could access it. windows is crap.

Dantarion

Smash Champion
New Version 1.2.X.X is out.

Supports SSE Stages, and showing all known Effects Flags and Type flags.
Coming up next, adjusting StagePosition nodes, and hiding them based on type.
Also, better zooming with the lines not getting thicker when you zoom.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
so, i'm using this latest version (though it was still doing this before) and every time i save, it doesn't give it a format. on top of this, when i reopen the file i just edited, all of my changes are gone.

i'm working on YI:M with editing the bones in MiscData[2]. on top of that, if i try to save over a previous edit the program freezes and shuts down.

Power Marshall

Smash Journeyman
so, i'm using this latest version (though it was still doing this before) and every time i save, it doesn't give it a format. on top of this, when i reopen the file i just edited, all of my changes are gone.

i'm working on YI:M with editing the bones in MiscData[2]. on top of that, if i try to save over a previous edit the program freezes and shuts down.
aye, same experience, except for my stage.

Jack Kieser

Smash Champion
Is there anywhere we can get some documentation for this? I have no idea what the floor type numbers mean, and it's tough to tell which points/lines correspond to what without testing by changing values.

Dantarion

Smash Champion
The data is in some thread with MiscData in the name.
You can see which lines correspond to what by using the latest version.
The highlighted plane will be red.

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
At first I was like
, but then I

Its sad that we cant edit and save the MiscData[2]s atm :(

Dantarion

Smash Champion
All saving bugs fixed in v1.2.0.3, hopefully for good.
Next:
Editing StagePosition...positions...
Editing plane links(The thing that lets you run off one platform onto another!)

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
so we can save these now? do we then replace the MiscData[2] on the stage we want to edit, or does it edit the stage automatically? i think what i'm asking is does this save as a .pac, or as just data?

Power Marshall

Smash Journeyman
so we can save these now? do we then replace the MiscData[2] on the stage we want to edit, or does it edit the stage automatically? i think what i'm asking is does this save as a .pac, or as just data?
I am not sure, but I did try opening a Misc Data[2] with BrawlWall for Final Destination, and then it crashed. I then opened Final destination's pac and it opened up. So I am guess Pac.

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
I got an entirely random crash while editing FD... x_x
EDIT: Correction. Anything I try to do after saving causes a crash.

NAMQ_DrunkeNFeasT

Smash Journeyman
can we actually edit Stage Builder Stages with this?

STGEDIT_0.pac
STGEDIT_1.pac
STGEDIT_2.pac

and can we atm change death boundries or is it impossible for now?

I would love if this can be editted in the near future

and would it be possible to be able to edit each Object for the stage builder, such as adding edges to some parts, etc

dantarion, you rock

Top Bottom