• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kix

Smash Journeyman
Ahh, finally up and running again.
So, I see I missed LS discussion. Honestly, it's another way of creating depth for defense which is good. We want smart defense, not OP defense like Barlw's.
Which is exactly why we should have it so it takes a more forceful motions to roll/dodge so that shield aiming is a bigger part of the game and people don't feel like they're getting randomly shield poked.

5ive

Smash Champion
Project M feels amazing. Extraordinary improvement from the last time I played. Very impressed.

jalued

Smash Lord
Project M feels amazing. Extraordinary improvement from the last time I played. Very impressed.
im looking forward to individual friction, so its less slidy and brawlish :p still looks like brawl when u watch it imo

Yeah, why don't we give it to a low tier? I kid, I kid
YL would have appreciated it, his uptilt and upsmash were both pretty useless because of CC...

actually wait, he was pretty useless cause of CC (i second him btw, hes still fun to play :D )

was wondering if CC can be coded, that its less prominent than its melee counterpart. You could CC some tilts at 100%+ and it just feels slightly too powerful. maybe make it so that from 40%-60% you have 8 frames to CC, 60-80 say 4 frames, 80%-100% 2 frames, and 100%+ 1 frame (just an example)

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
No, YLink gets destroyed over the fact that his FF is a$$, he gets cg'd a lot, and his ****ty KO ability. Comparing YLink to Roy is absurd. The only moves Roy has that doesn't get CC ***** (including aerials WTF) is his fsmash and his dsmash. YLink has his dair, his quick dsmash, and the second hit of his fsmash. Thats not a lot but YLink can do something Roy can't, throw 'Rangs and Bombs. Believe me, I play TRC, his YLink is crazy (see "Use your bombs wisely").

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
He has one, it just BARELY makes him fall faster. It's basically unnoticable.

edit: fastest reply you've ever SEEN.

I'm watching this thread like this

wiitubeaccount

Smash Apprentice
will falco and fox sound coo like they did in melee. especially falco he sounds lame in brawl but gangsta in melee.
meta knight and jiggs won't be gay nor sucky i hope

Magus420

Smash Master
It makes him accelerate to top speed faster, but the top speed is the same as his normal fall so it won't do anything if you've already been falling for more than a split second and would already be at top speed anyway.

Kix

Smash Journeyman
I've really enjoyed the streams, but could we get some Mario? I didn't see him at all, although I didn't see the entirety.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
I played Mario a couple times. None of us really have any Mario experience (though I have Doc experience) so we don't use him much. If you request him in the chat though next time, I'll use him a bit for you.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
It makes him accelerate to top speed faster, but the top speed is the same as his normal fall so it won't do anything if you've already been falling for more than a split second and would already be at top speed anyway.

Wait, he really doesn't have a FF?!

That's what you just did to me, I hope you're happy.

Rikana

Smash Champion
Magus, I don't know why, but that is the most irritating avatar I've ever seen in my life.
lol I agree as well. I was mesmerized by it 'cause it annoys me everytime my internet hits its slow speed and the video buffers every 10 seconds.

And @ the need more Mario exposure comment. I'll play some Mario as well, though I don't know how to use him, the next time 5ive plans to stream Proj.M. I don't know how to use many characters to be honest.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Some Doc experience can be played into Mario, but a lot of their moves change how you play them like Mario's UTilt and Uair vs. Doc's UTilt and Uair.

Rikana

Smash Champion
Yeah. Its coming along nicely. Everything seems much easier to do though, in terms of Advance Techniques, compared to Melee. Its not a bad thing though. I believe it may be the buffer system that has something to do with it?

A lot of Brawl characters are making really good transition to Melee. Characters like Snake are very unique to Melee's mechanics because he was meant for Brawl in the first place. It feels a bit awkward playing/watching Snake in Melee mechanics but I'll eventually adapt.

The controls are much better than expected. You get the Melee feeling, but yet, there's still something missing. It might just be me playing too much Melee. We can't expect a perfect Melee out of Brawl. Also, there are areas that still feel a bit "slippery". For example, some JC grabs cover way too much distance.

Once you get the landing detection code, I'm sure it would feel really precise. Wavedashes right now are extremely easy. Anyone can pick it up and learn how to wavedash perfectly. In Melee, it takes time to learn it and then apply it in game frequently/wisely. I'm looking forward to the land detection code.

We can't Scar jump. We're only allowed to jump once on the same wall. I'm assuming you guys forgot to put in the code for Scar jump.

There are some characters that may need attention but that's what open beta is for.

Also, do you need videos for the upcoming trailer? We had some really good matches but we didn't save any. We thought it would be useless since there's always a new patch almost everyday adjusting something. Putting some of the stuff on the new trailer would really hype it up I believe. There were many amazing moments that could be done in Melee - which I think is worth showing on the trailer.

Anyways. Its good and I'm looking forward to the next stream.

kupo15

Smash Hero
In relation to buffering, I'm going to have to insist that it is not a preference thing that everyone is subject to the same buffering setting just like melee. Fox's waveshine is really freaking hard and it should be the same amount of difficulty from one Fox to the next.

If you want to be a faster x character then the next person, you need to learn your frame data and timings and practice that, not let the game buffer frame perfect inputs for you.

shanus

Smash Hero
The ease of playing right now is solely landing detection. If you look in frame advance at an air dodge the warp distance for landing is LARGE to enter a land. Things will only keep improving.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Good to hear this project is feeling pretty close already. This is going to get so many good responses even on first public beta. It's going to be worth the wait easily.

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
Wind Owl is heading work on an optional Melee SFX replacement pack

MK and Jiggz will certainly not suck, and it's hard to put a finger on your exact interpretation of 'gay.' We'll just say they're fun and balanced and leave it at that, I guess.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Ah, I need to get in the IRC and ask about Dolphin configurations so I can help on that...

Rikana

Smash Champion
Its nothing big but would you guys be changing how cstick functions?

Shield + cstick left/right is a buffered roll
Shield + cstick down is a buffered spot dodge
Shield + cstick up is a hop/short hop depending on how fast you tap it
You can't cancel your running animation with cstick + up for uSmash, but instead, uSmash only comes out when you're in a neutral position or crouching position. If used with running animation, maybe make it into a dash attack or do nothing?

I'm fine with up + cstick up and down + cstick down being a uTitl and dTilt though.

Its nothing big. Just wondering if you guys ever in tend on changing it so its more Melee-like. It would make DACUS harder to perform though but at the same time, uSmash won't be as easy. You would either have to dash cancel to uSmash or JC uSmash from running animation.

Sulfur

Smash Apprentice
After watching the stream, I'm very impressed by the progress you guys have made since I've seen before. I'm really excited to get my hands on it, after I've been following every post made in the thread.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
God**** it I missed the stream:mad: I thought the site was still down......:( All the more reason why we should get a new trailer. Otherwise unlucky people like myself will miss everything. ;)

Shepp

Smash Apprentice
In relation to buffering, I'm going to have to insist that it is not a preference thing that everyone is subject to the same buffering setting just like melee. Fox's waveshine is really freaking hard and it should be the same amount of difficulty from one Fox to the next.

If you want to be a faster x character then the next person, you need to learn your frame data and timings and practice that, not let the game buffer frame perfect inputs for you.
for what its worth, i agree

jalued

Smash Lord
for what its worth, i agree
as do i

oh and referring to c-stick, is it (i know this has been asked time and time again, im just keeping the faith) possible to remove the glitch where it wont respond if not perfectly centered after every input? its very frustrating since most people rely on c-stick for ariels and makes the game feel unresponsive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom