• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Unoffical SCSA 5 Thread! Saturday, 01/30/10! VENUE FEE DISCOUNT! NOR CAL PLEASE COME!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJMirror

Smash Master
*I'M NOT THE HOST SO DONT ASK ME ANYTHING PLEASE CONTACT DSF OR HIS GIRLFRIEND!*

Well i went to allisbrawl today and saw a tournament called SCSA 5

I told Pockyd about it and he told me just make the thread anyways cuz the SCSA thread haven't been updated yet =/ so here i go

there was going to be Melee (YAY) and Brawl (oh)

Here the Link http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=8080

they also have a site

http://scsa.solidwebhost.com/

(Most of the info i got it from Allisbrawl.com)

SCSA 5 DISCOUNTS AND DEALS!! (Taken from the SCSA site)

#1: Bring a friend we've never seen at a tournament before and you and your friend will receive 1/2 off venue fee!

#2: Bring a full setup in before 10am and receive 1/2 off venue fee!

#3: We need volunteers to run pools, be one of the first 8 volunteers, run two pools and receive 1/2 off venue fee!

(Email us if you're interested in our #3 deal! scsastaff@gmail.com)

Saturday, January 30, 2010

Anaheim, California, United States

Schedule:

8:00am - Sign ups/warm ups (IF YOU WANT $5 OFF VENUE FEE FOR BRINGING SETUP YOU MUST BRING BEFORE 10:00am!!)

10:00am -
Brawl Doubles Begins [No late arrivals will be accepted]
Melee Doubles Begin
Brawl Singles Pools begin

3:00pm -Melee Singles Begins (Approx.)
Brawl Singles Amateur Bracket Begin

8:00 pm - Brawl Singles Pro Bracket Begins

There will be a $10.00 venue fee

$5.00 will be deducted from entry fees for those who bring a FULL SET UP and allow it to be used till it is no longer needed!

Brawl Singles

Entry Fee: $15.00 [ALL PLAYERS PAY ENTRY FEE, INCLUDING THOSE GUARANTEED IN PRO BRACKET]

Prizes:
1st place - $600
2nd place - $300
3rd place - $100

Melee Singles: $10.00

1st - 60%
2nd - 30%
3rd - 10%

Doubles (Brawl and Melee)

Entry Fee: $20.00 ($10.00 per person)

Prizes:
1st place - 60%
2nd place - 30%
3rd place - 10%

Contact Information

Alex Fuentes [aka: DieSuperFly] Cell - (323) 303-1610
Claire Bolen [aka: Nezumi] Cell - (949) 202-6031

You can message on AIM if you have any questions
SN: DieSuperFly or GreenApplesFTW

prizes and details subject to change

Bring TV's Cubes, Wii's, Brawl if you can

Should the occasion arise, we reserve the right to refuse entry to anyone.

Melee Rules

* 8 minute time limit on all matches

* Items off

* Ties are broken by remaining lives, then %. If both criteria are tied, then the Sudden Death match will be played out.

* First stage is random from the Neutral stages listed below.

* Each player is allowed to reset the random stage once; this forces a new random stage to be picked. If the new stage has been previously reset
by either player during the same set, that stage is reset again. (Random Stage Reset)

* The loser of the first match will announce a new stage to play on for the next game. The winner will then be allowed to switch characters,
followed by the loser. Apply the same logic for the third match (and fourth/fifth when applicable) if there is one. (Advanced Slob Picks)

* No stage may be used twice in a single set if the counter-picking player has already won on that stage, unless the opponent agrees to use the
stage again. (Dave's Stupid Rule)

* Double Blind character pick can be called at anytime before the first game of a set starts, and only apply to the first game.

* Each person (or team) may choose one counter-pick stage to be disabled for the entire set at the START OF THE SET, after characters have
been chosen but before the random stage has been picked. You may not ban neutral stages.

* Controller Mods, Glitches (IC Freeze Glitch, Mewtwo Soul Stunner, etc), and tactics used to stall a match (wall-bombing, rising pound), are
banned.

* For doubles: Team Attack will be ON, life stealing allowed.

* Wobbling is not banned.

Brackets:

* Bracket matches are best 2 of 3, 4 stock.

* Winners' bracket finals, losers' bracket finals, and championship sets are all best 3 of 5.
Stages:

* Singles Neutral: Final Destination, Dream Land 64, Fountain of Dreams, Battlefield, Yoshi's Story, Pokemon Stadium

* Singles counterpicks: all Singles Neutral stages plus Pokefloats, Rainbow Cruise, Jungle Japes, Kongo Jungle 64, Mute City, Brinstar, Green
Greens, Corneria.

* Doubles Neutral: Final Destination, Dream Land 64, Battlefield, Yoshi's Story, Pokemon Stadium, Kongo Jungle 64.

* Doubles counterpicks: all Doubles Neutrals plus Pokefloats, Rainbow Cruise, Jungle Japes, Brinstar, Green Greens, Corneria.

* Things to note: Fountain of Dreams and Mute City are banned for doubles; Kongo Jungle 64 on Doubles Neutral.

Brawl Rules

* 7 minute time limit on all matches

* Items off

* Ties are broken by remaining lives, then %. If both criteria are tied, then the Sudden Death match will be played out.

* First stage is random from the Neutral stages listed below

* Each player is allowed to reset the random stage once; this forces a new random stage to be picked. If the new stage has been
previously reset by either player during the same set, that stage is reset again. (Random Stage Reset)

* The loser of the first match will announce a new stage to play on for the next game. The winner will then be allowed to switch characters,
followed by the loser. Apply the same logic for the third match (and fourth/fifth when applicable) if there is one. (Advanced Slob Picks)

* No stage may be used twice in a single set if the counter-picking player has already won on that stage, unless the opponent agrees to use the
stage again. (Dave's Stupid Rule)

* Double Blind character pick can be called at any time before the first game of a set starts, and only apply to the first game.

* Each person (or team) may choose one counter-pick stage to be disabled for the entire set at the START OF THE SET, after characters have
been chosen but before the random stage has been picked.

* Controller Modifications and tactics used to stall a match are banned

* For doubles: Team Attack will be ON, life stealing allowed.
Stalling: running the clock out in a match for over a minute without any hits being made will be considered excessive stalling and will not be
permitted.

Brackets:

* Bracket matches are best 2 of 3, 3 stock.

* Winners' bracket finals, losers' bracket finals, and championship sets are all best 3 of 5.
Stages:

* Singles Neutral: Battlefield, Smashville, Final Destination

* Singles counterpicks: all Singles Neutral stages plus Halberd, Pokemon Stadium 1, Castle Seige, Frigate Orpheon, Brinstar,
Delphino Plaza, Yoshi's Island

* Doubles Neutral: Final Destination, Smashville, Battlefield

* Doubles counterpicks: all Doubles Neutrals plus Halberd, Pokemon Stadium 1, Castle Seige,
Rainbow Cruise, Frigate Orpheon, Brinstar, Delphino Plaza, Lylat Cruise, Yoshi's Island

Charoo

Smash Champion
Imma make the official version today. So can a mod close this?

I'm in charge of the melee side.

DJMirror

Smash Master
ah **** champ i was wondering when they were going to have the offical thread

i'm going to go ask a mod to close this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom