• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*Pound* 4 Brawl+ Tournament

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar

Hi all, I will be running the Brawl+ tournament at Pound 4, so if you have any questions about it, ask here.

Singles: $10
Teams: $20 per team
Payouts will be 60-30-10 for both events, subject to change based on attendance.

I'm hoping we can get a livestream setup too.

Rules:

It will be all the standard stuff. If you have any questions about the rules, feel free to ask. Infinites are allowed and encouraged if you can find one.

Stage striking for the first match. Any disputes about who strikes first or controller ports or whatever will be settled by RPS.

For simplicity's sake, we will use a slightly modified version of the Pound 4 Brawl stage list. PS2 will replace Lylat as a neutral, Lylat will move to CP, and Wario Ware (for singles)/SSE Jungle (for doubles) will be added to CP.

Starters:
Final Destination
Smashville
Battlefield
Yoshi's Island
Pokemon Stadium 2

Counterpicks:
Wario Ware (singles)/SSE Jungle (doubles)
Brinstar
Lylat Cruise
Pokemon Stadium 1
Halberd
Delfino Plaza
Frigate Orpheon
Rainbow Cruise

We will be using the official 6.0 set. There is a chance that there will be an updated 6.1 version released before Pound 4 with a few bugfixes, in which case we will be using that set.

I will overwrite the official set on everyone's SD card before we use it for the tournament. If anyone is caught cheating, they will be immediately DQed and banned from all future tourneys I run, and my pig will eat your first-born son.

Custom music is fine but custom textures are banned (excluding official B+ teams color fixes).

Time:

The tourney will take place on Saturday Jan. 16th.

8am: Doors open
9am: Signups
10am-3pm: Teams
4pm-11pm: Singles

These times aren't set in stone. I know people will be playing Melee at the same time and I doubt we'll be swamped with entrants, so go play your Melee matches if you need to. Just check back whenever you get a chance so you can play your Brawl+ matches. I don't foresee any time issues.

I still need to talk to Plank about some things. I'm hoping we can do another tournament on Monday for the people who missed it on Saturday, maybe just a $5 one.

Oh and if anyone can bring a hacked Wii + SD card, let me know. Well, I guess the Wii doesn't need to be hacked since we have ways around that now, but you do need an SD card at least.

Bandit

Smash Lord
I hope singles can start at least near there because the Ravens game starts at 8:15 Saturday night!

Oh, and uh... fear the sparkles.

:bandit:

Handorin

Smash Hero
I'm in, and I know a ton of other people in my area who are doing this (some exclusively)

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
my my, how sassy!

if your intention is to goad me into entering just to find an infinite, it worked
Noooooo my master plan has been revealed!

I hope singles can start at least near there because the Ravens game starts at 8:15 Saturday night!

Oh, and uh... fear the sparkles.

Yeah I reeeeally hope we finish up early because I'd like to catch the 2nd half at least at a bar somewhere.

I'm in, and I know a ton of other people in my area who are doing this (some exclusively)
Awesome! :)

Aposl

Smash Ace
Im going to be at this, so is gimr! We might team as well, but not sure yet.

copacetic

Smash Journeyman
****. I know like 10 brawl people (along with myself) that aren't showing up til that night, so we won't make brawl+

Just started really getting into it too

Lobos

Smash Master
Yeah JCz, we got to finish on time! I'm down for finding a bar to watch the game. I can atleast get radio/updates thru my phone.

MK26

Smash Master
http://www.mediafire.com/?zj2oddmz0yy for ZSS fix!
yoooo jcz get those custom stages in there too bro, this would be the perfect place to release them!

mansion+, summit+, ptad+, new pork+, temple+, maybe skyworld too if i can get it done

i can even get you a custom sss if you need one, just tell me when i have to get it to you by

Bandit

Smash Lord
yoooo jcz get those custom stages in there too bro, this would be the perfect place to release them!

mansion+, summit+, ptad+, new pork+, temple+, maybe skyworld too if i can get it done

i can even get you a custom sss if you need one, just tell me when i have to get it to you by
There will probably be a lot of first time Brawl+ players, so you don't want to overwhelm them right away. The game is different enough and there needs to be testing to see if the stages would be legal.

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
I still need a partner for this... but I'm definitely participating in between this and helping with VGBC's livestream.

****....you just reminded me! I need to watch the Ravens too :ohwell:

Me + Coney got this......I just need a new sd card :/
As soon as you do, just remember to back up the stuff on your SD card once everything's straightened out again :p

:bee:

MK26

Smash Master
There will probably be a lot of first time Brawl+ players, so you don't want to overwhelm them right away. The game is different enough and there needs to be testing to see if the stages would be legal.
Trust me, the new players will cream their pants when they see what weve done. And who says the 'find something broken' clause cant apply to our stages too?

Speaking of which, we fixed final destination, though im not sure if we really need to. But think about it...playable TEMPLE!

;)

Bandit

Smash Lord
Trust me, the new players will cream their pants when they see what weve done. And who says the 'find something broken' clause cant apply to our stages too?

Speaking of which, we fixed final destination, though im not sure if we really need to. But think about it...playable TEMPLE!

;)
I'll admit this...

Not one bit of what you said sounded like a good thing.

Especially playable temple.

I will reserve judgements though until I play on them. More than likely, it'll be more stages I will never use even if they are legal.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
can you change to $5 entry? >.< i really wanted to enter but i need money for food and things.
also having this on saturday seems kinda silly when a lot of brawl people wont arrive until late sat/early sun.

MdrnDayMercutio

Smash Champion
can you change to $5 entry? >.< i really wanted to enter but i need money for food and things.
also having this on saturday seems kinda silly when a lot of brawl people wont arrive until late sat/early sun.
Which means not having to split up the Wiis for this and vBrawl on the same day. I just wish more vBrawl players were entering Plus from NE so it'd be easier to find a ride and room.

MK26

Smash Master
I'll admit this...

Not one bit of what you said sounded like a good thing.

Especially playable temple.

I will reserve judgements though until I play on them. More than likely, it'll be more stages I will never use even if they are legal.

u :mad: boi

Edit: The middle floor has been edited to be a fall-through platform, like the top floor is. We can probably get rid of the stage slowdown, too :D
Classification: Counterpick
Download

Classification: Counterpick
Download
Changes:
~No cars (Eldiran)
~Grabbable ledges (MK26)
~Hitbox on wall removed (FrozenHobo)​

Alpha Download

Changes:
~Pass-through-able center
~Reworked Platforms
~Grabbable ledges
~Stage remains in its initial state the entire match
~No ice platform/Swinging platform never drops​

NPC v0.1
I couldn't remove the breakable platform. You can't stand on it but it eats projectiles and causes hitlag. The chimera is hidden but it still spawns. I don't think it can hit you but it makes those graphic and sound effects, darkens the screen, and puts it in view of the camera. I need to make it not spawn somehow. When you pause, the camera isn't centered where it now should be. Stage collisions, spawn points, boundaries, and camera limits are good. Didn't move item or final smash bones. Raised the limo. Last version of BrawlBox, the limo would floor it across the stage in about 1.5 seconds. I never thought I would be able to have a real match or enjoy playing on this stage.

Download here.
Changed:
  • All collision data for platforms other than that focused on in the screenshot has been moved outside of the blast zones - Effectively gone.
  • Fall-through platform in middle of stage is not fall-through any more. (You can still go up through it though, have fun!
  • Tiny Platform under the ex-fall-through platform has removed collision.
  • All character starting locations, item spawn points, Final Smash locations (Exception: Ice Climbers, who refuse to move but are still decent) are fixed.
EDIT: btw, you need to amend a few codes to get these to work

D

Deleted member

Friendly approved. And Bio, there gonna be a livestream?

Cia

das kwl
Nice! I'm really looking forward to this.

Serious Question
:

If I went down to MD early, would anyone be able to house me? I'm good practice in ANY variation of Smash. Plz let me know >_<

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
None of those stages will be tourney legal. I want things to be nice and simple for everyone. But I hope they get shown off in tons of friendlies.

Vanz, how early? I'm thinking about taking Friday off of work just because, so you could stay here as early as Thursday evening.

Lobos

Smash Master
lol the tourney will not be held up for anyone......JCz let me know if you need help TOing this.....you know how I make *****es move :)

Glick

Smash Lord
BerriosAlmighty (2:38:33 AM): Glick how pumped are you for BtL2 pound 4?
iambreadcat (2:38:39 AM): I'm about to vomit

Cia

das kwl
None of those stages will be tourney legal. I want things to be nice and simple for everyone. But I hope they get shown off in tons of friendlies.

Vanz, how early? I'm thinking about taking Friday off of work just because, so you could stay here as early as Thursday evening.

Noooo! I definitely don't want to be the reason anyone misses work. But if anyone is free and would like some practice, I could definitely come down on Thursday or Friday.

lol @ Glick

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
No, I mean, I'm probably gonna take off anyway, whether you come or not. I have a ****ton of vacation days I'm never gonna use.

Lobos is now my official enforcer.

Cia

das kwl
freee money for me

also fix ur time schedule for the 10pm-3 pm. IK its 10am lol
you aren't beating me.

seriously.

:colorful:

JCaesar - well in that case, just let me know what day i should go, thursday or friday is fine for me, i just need to buy bus tickets in advance.

Top Bottom