• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

tampa smashfest (practice for VSA tampa) january 23rd

yummynbeefy

Smash Champion
so yea as u know we are gonna be having a tourney in tampa its time to step it up right now

10109 whisper pointe dr.
tampa FL 33647

when you get to the gate say you are going to the ossis house (pronounced like aussie)

phone :813 368 5430

lets put tampa on the map again! and lets not fail this time!

setups
yummy 2 gamecubes 1 wii 1 brawl disk 1 melee disk 4tvs
sym wii B+ brawl recording stuff
heromystic=wii brawl

attendance
1.beefy
2.sym
3.scidadle
4.polmex
5.wonderbread
6.heromystic
7.ed
8.unholyfatman
9.allen maybe (no smashboards name)
10. sugarless (maybe)
theres more but im tired right now

doors open @ 1 pm

lw0nderbreadl

Smash Ace
well ppl needa start seein this...

im tryin to get back into the game, but no1s around. if theres no more then 5 ppl here, im not gonna come

lw0nderbreadl

Smash Ace
aight well gabe said if hes going hes gunna have 4 i think he said in his car so that will b good the problem is IF he goes

also bread u gotta start playin sum melee
I haven't played any smash game in like 3 months, I gotta get back to brawl 1st

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
I'll see what I can do. I may be able to bring a Wii/Brawl and Gamecube/Melee if it's needed, though I'm not much of a Melee player.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
Confirming that I'll be going, and I can bring Wii/Brawl. I checked my Melee disc though and it's pretty messed up. Some stages won't play.

Sugarless

Smash Rookie
Uhmm I might be able to go, I want to practice on ACTUAL human players not CPUs >_>

yummynbeefy

Smash Champion
I might go despite the fact that no one knows me. How long is it?
thats why you come to fests man

anyways heres the deal

come any time after 12PM if u want to sleep over its all good so yea

it WILL be at the original venue that was intended @ 10109 whisper pointe dr.

i have a big screen tv an lcd tv and 2 regular tvs (4 tvs now yay) i plan to run brawl on the big screen (brawl isnt really affected nearly as much as melee or brawl+ by lag) and melee and brawl+ on the others

i think thats it

EDIT: 6 confirmed by phone 4 confirmed by boards and a buncha maybes so yeayuz at least 10 ppl gunna be here (12 if you count me and my bro

Veggi

Smash Champion
Hmm...not looking good for me. My parents are in Orlando, I don't have enough gas to get there, my cellphone and ipod are dead and my parents have the charger for my cell and the money for gas. Plus the friends I was planning on taking can't come. I'll attempt to be there anyway.

Aglow

Smash Journeyman
I wish I had heard about this before yesterday...I will be back in Tampa on Sunday. I don't suppose anyone will want to play then... T_T

Let's do work Tampa.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
The smashfest was pretty much a sucess. Good work guys, had a great time.

Ed: Your Zelda is great. I'll have to rethink my opinion of her.
Veggi: You taught me plenty about DK. I'll have to work on that match-up.
Sanae: Keep working on that Diddy, you were wrecking the competition.
RedHalberd: Couldn't get to play you, but we'll have our friendlies soon.
Polmex: Same as RedHalberd, though I'm really interesting in testing things against Luigi.
Wonderbread: Screw your Fox. :p

Let me know when another smashfest is planned. Got a lot to work on, and CPUs ain't cuttin' it anymore.

OverLade

Smash Hero
This smashfest was amazingly successful and awesome.

1.beefy - Awesome fest. Looking forward to the next one. I ***** you in Melee :)
2.sym - ***** GET YO *** WHOOPED.
3.scidadle - STEP YO GAME UP IN DUBS SON
4.polmex - We got mad dubs practice in, lookin forward to singles next time
5.wonderbread - We didnt get to play but nice seein ya
6.heromystic - Nice seeing u come out as well, we'll play next time
7.ed - Fun dubs. Lol at random rages. FSMASH.
8. Taco - ^_^ Awesome playing doubles with you, look forward to more friendlies in the future
9. Mampam - I dun told u dis is not the play to find the bananas....at this time of the hour.

Next fest you should go as far as inviting Orlando and SFL.

Takao9411

Smash Apprentice
:D this was the first smashfest I've ever been to and I loved it.
Melee doubles were hella fun, I loved the Ster. & Oids VS the Fed-Ex matches xD
Teaming with Hal was pretty cool too since I got to try out Marth doubles for the first time. Very successful imo. :3

D: I also learned how terrible my fox, falcon, ganon and falco are, so I'm going to work on them.
I think these should definately be monthly, if possible.
Long post, yay

lw0nderbreadl

Smash Ace
This **** was raw as fuhhhh, I needa learn melee, my Marth was beastttttt. Great time and nice meetin new ppl

Veggi

Smash Champion
Fun games, everyone. Maybe I should try to get a bit better at Melee, it would be fun to be able to take part in another event. I don't like using the GC Controller though because I'm too used to Wiichuck.

Beefy: Mario/Game and Watch team wasn't too bad. Thanks for housing us, you and your mom are so nice.

Polmex: Our games were a lot of fun, I hope I can do better next time. Mario and Luigi are too good. You're a great guy.

Scidadle: Cool meeting you for once instead of just being a friend of a friend, haha.

Smash your MoM: Fun teaming with you even though I kept killing myself in Melee. I want to grab the edge backwards!

Halberd: Fun team matches even though I lost so much. Need to 1v1 you again eventually.

Mampam: Same with you, I want to see if my DK can do anything against your Snake.

Ed: Sorry you had some problems later when we were doing team matches, but thanks for teaming with me and I hope your problems get resolved.

HeroMystic: Nice to meet you for once, nice Mario.

Wonderbread: Still as cool as ever, your Fox has gotten a lot better. It's scary.

Martini: Congrats on kicking Beefy's *** at Melee even though you only have one eye!

yummynbeefy

Smash Champion
martini: Congrats On Kicking Beefy's *** At Melee Even Though You Only Have One Eye!
Tooo Funnnnny Lolololololol

anyways sucessful fest was sucessful and tampa was reliable and pulled through

shoutouts:
gabe: thanks for coming and fed-exing everyone in sight that match was way too funny
scidadle: the other half of the fed-ex team lololol thanks for coming
polmex: awesome teaming with you gotta keep practicing
takao(taco): thanks for coming fest are always awesome hope to c u next time
lade and mampam: lade you ***** the living **** outta me in melee **** your sheik lolol mampam play melee lol
wonderbread: your marth is actually pretty legit for someone who barely ever has even played touched melee
ed: YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA LMFAO zelda and sheik man ed your a beast
heromystic: good mario is was cool playin mario wit you
veggi and his friends: veggi thanks for being veggi cuz if you werent i think id kill myself play moar melee you were actually doing rlly good and yea mario and GnW teams **** yea

everyone: thanks for making the drive and making this fest awesome cuz if it werent for you guys it would just be stupid i love all of you guys

Scidadle

Smash Champion
LEGIT smashfest

Tampa did something right and it was fun. I would come to these every month for sure

Beefy. You're getting a lot better but you're not ready to team yet, gotta work on your teams game. And next time be sure you have some money if you're gonna talk garbage.

But for real. You're getting there, keep it up. I still **** you though

Gabe: We ***** **** in teams, thanks for driving man. FED-EX was awesome

Takao: Your marth is pretty good man, come to more fests.

Veggi: Nice meeting you your peach is like... better than Armada's. Good stuff haha

Redhal: No u

Polmex: Our matches were awesome. I saw so much more in those games than I did of anything the whole fest.

Beefy's brother: You should start playing smash, your samus is nice just learn the ATs and stuff.

HeroMystic: Nice meeting you too

Scidadle: Your melee zelda is amazing man

Beefy's Mom: Nice singing :3. Good job hosting, thanks for the food (Even though she won't see this)

Noel/Petey/Monk: Shoulda came

I'm gonna learn brawl teams (kinda) and I'm gonna start beasting it with fox. I can feel it

MR. 3 STOCK

Smash your MoM

Smash Ace
this fest was amazing....better than mine??? maybe.....melee teams was the highlight of my night..besides ed!!!.....pickin up a controler and playin melee since 2007 and str8 up owned ppl...but ill see whats up for next week...thanks for housein beefy

lw0nderbreadl

Smash Ace
good stuff Tamp-

god i can't say it
haha i loled irl.

but yea, idk how my fox can be gettiin nasty when i havent played/watched brawl in about 4 months, im comin back though, this was great.

and i needs to be learned bout dat melee boyyyyyy

Top Bottom