• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Springfield Presents: "The Showdown" (June 12th-13th) Stream is Up Now!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nope

Smash Lord

from the same crew that brought you C4 Galore! and Smashed in Smashfield we are back and bringing you the best tournament experience possible. So be ready and bring your A game to compete with some of the best players the nation has to offer. Check back often for more updates!

Stream Is UP!!!!

Venue:
Quality Inn
383 E. Leffel Ln.
Springfield, OH 45505
(937)323-8631

The Hotel is only $60 a night for Friday, Saturday and Sunday. To get this discount say you are with the Super Smash Bros. Tournament!

The Venue is absolutely amazing and is giving us a great deal on rooms. It has an Indoor pool, bar, breakfast and is located right off the highway. I will be updating more details on it later.

All is Brawl Link!!! Sign up now!

The Trailer:

TRAILER HERE!!! Click Me

A Monster Energy Drinks representative will be attending the Showdown and handing out Free Drinks to everyone!!!

Events:

This tournament is going to be both Melee and Brawl. Melee Singles, Melee teams, Brawl singles, and Brawl teams will all be done. With time permitting Regional Crews will be done if there is enough interest.

What to look forward to:
-Guaranteed Prizes!!!!!

-Brawl Singles: Minimum of $2000 GUARANTEED
-Melee Singles: Minimum of $1000 GUARANTEED

-Live Stream
-Twitter Updates
-T-Shirts
-Raffles
-Venue will be selling food
-TheKiest Presents: The Obstacle Course
-Midwest Bounty Hunt
-Scavenger hunts
-Other To be announced activities and contests

Price:

$15 Venue Fee
$15 For Singles
$15 For Doubles ($30 Total for a Team)
$5 Spectators

Split:
Singles Payout
1st: 40%
2nd: 25%
3rd: 15%
4th: 10%
5th: 4%
6th: 3%
7th: 2%
8th: 1%

Teams Payout:
1st: 49%
2nd: 23%
3rd: 15%
4th: 9%
5th: 4%

For Singles in Brawl we are also paying out the top person from each region who didn't place in the money. There will be 5 Regions (East, West, Midwest, South, International) and the top placer outside of the top 8 will each receive 50$ !!!! This is brawl only.

Registration will begin Tuesday, May 18th. It will be available through the following website:
Register here!!

Schedule:
The Schedule is subject to change

Saturday June 12th
:
  • 8:30am-9:45am Check In/Warm Up
  • 10:00am-2:30pm Melee and Brawl Doubles Pools Start
  • 2:45pm-8:00pm Melee and Brawl Singles Pools - Round 1
  • 8:30pm-12:00am Melee and Brawl Singles Pools - Round 2
  • 12:15am Venue Closes for the Night

Sunday June 13th
:
  • 9:00am-9:45am Warm Up
  • 10:00am-2:00pm Melee and Brawl Doubles Bracket
  • 2:15pm-9:30pm Melee and Brawl Singles Bracket (Award Ceremony Immediately follows)
  • 10:00pm-12:00am Melee and Brawl Regional Crews

Pools:

There will be multiple rounds of pools, an official update on that later.

You are responsible for showing up to your pool/match on time.

You will know which pool you are in at the beginning when pools are called. You are free to leave and do whatever (get food, hang out in your room, etc.). A set of pools may take as short as an hour or as long as two, so plan accordingly. If you come back late, WE ARE NOT WAITING UP FOR YOU. Pool captains will be given instructions to DISQUALIFY ANYONE WHO DOES NOT CHECK IN WITH THEIR POOL CAPTAIN WITHIN 5 MINUTES OF THEIR POOL BEING CALLED.

YOU ARE NOT TO LEAVE THE AREA. IF YOU HOLD UP THE POOL IN ANY MANNER, YOU WILL FORFEIT ONE OR MORE MATCHES.

Pool Tiebreakers will be done in the following order:
-Set Count
-Head to Head
-Wins minus Losses
-Highest Number of Games Won
-If Two players are tied go to Head to Head
-If Three Players are tied they must replay the Sets

Housing and Transportation:

SPRINGFIELD GREYHOUND STATION
1129 SUNSET AVE
Springfield, OH 45505

Telephone Numbers
Main: 937-323-9701
Greyhound Package Express: 937-323-9701
Greyhound Charter: 800-454-2487

Hours Of Operation
Hours of operation subject to change. Please call to verify hours before making travel arrangements.
Station Monday-Friday: 9:00 am-7:00 pm
Saturday: 9:00 am-6:00 pm
Sunday: Closed
Holiday: Closed
Greyhound Package Express Monday-Sunday: 8:00 am-7:30 pm
Ticketing Monday-Friday: 9:00 am-7:00 pm
Saturday: 9:00 am-6:00 pm
Sunday: Closed

The Springfield Greyhound stop is literally 1 mile away from the venue! We will pick any smasher up from this station free of charge. Just let us know your estimated time of arrival and we will coordinate with you.

Springfield Ohio is ideally placed for transportation purposes. The following are driving times to several big cities

Columbus- 1 hr
Cincinnati- 1 hr
Indianapolis- 2 hrs
Cleveland- 3 hrs
Pittsburgh- 4 hours
Chicago- 4 1/2 to 5 hours

The venue is located right off of I-70 which makes for an easy, all highway trip.

The venue is also located fairly close to two major International Airports.

The Dayton International Airport is within 20 miles of Springfield and the Columbus International Airport is roughly 50 miles away.

The Springfield crew is willing to pick up smashers from either of these two airports, provided we are compensated gas money. We do not want transportation to prohibit people from coming. We will do anything in our power to coordinate and pick people up on Friday night. As mentioned earlier, housing will be provided to ANY INTERNATIONAL SMASHERS, as well as smashers traveling in excess of 500 miles. We only have room for approximately 10 smashers, everyone else will have to use the amazing hotel deal, or find alternative means through other local smashers.

Setups:
We will be suppling most of the TV's but we could always use more. The main thing we need is Wiis/Gamecubes so bring them! A setup thread will be made when we get closer to the tournament.

We really NEED setups so bring them!!!

Contact Info:
Nope: (937)925-2608

Brawl General rules:

* 3 Stock

* 8 minute timer

* Items are set to "off" and "none"

* Life Stealing is allowed (Doubles Only)

* Set team attack to ON (Doubles Only)

* All sets with the possible exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches (Finals matches will all be best of 5)

* In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors

* Dave's Stupid Rule: No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.

* In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS winner will get the last port.

* If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage. If both are tied at the end of the match it will be replayed with the same characters, ports and stage 1 stock 2 minute time limit.

* Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned.

* If a game ends with Bowser doing his suicide klaw and it ends in sudden death, the sudden death will be ignored and that game will count as a win for Bowser. The Same will be for Ganons Murder Choke and Kirby/DDD swallowcides.

* You are responsible for your own controller (Bring your own) and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties.

* No show DQ rule: After a match has been called, if a player is three minutes late he will receive a warning. At 5 minutes late, he will be given a loss for the first game of the set. After seven minutes, he will be given a loss of the entire set.

* Color Blind rule: Should a player have a color-based disability, he or she may request in a teams match to have a specific color for their team. This is so characters such as Lucario or Sonic can be granted the blue team so that there is not unnecessary confusion.

* Wiimotes and Classic Controller users should know to take the batteries out of their controllers after finishing a set; not only will this save battery life, but it prevents accidental interference and delay for tournament matches.

* Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.

* Stalling is banned.

Stalling: The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling, while doing an infinite grab endlessly against a wall is. Any infinite chain grabs most end quickly after 300% has been reached so as to prevent excessive stalling.

Nope's No BS Rule: By participating in this tournament you give the Tournament Operator and their affiliates the right to film, photograph and record your name, nickname, pseudonym, persona, picture, biographical material, voice and/or likeness and to use the same in any manner or media in connection with the Event to broadcast, reproduce, distribute and exhibit such photographs and/or recordings, in any manner whatsoever, by any and all means, media, devices, processes and technology now or hereafter known or devised anywhere in the universe at anytime in perpetuity.

Note: The Springfield Crew may not be held liable for any lost, stolen, or damaged goods during this event.

Stages:

Stage Striking: Players take turns striking stages from the starter list until only one remains; these stages are not banned and can be counter picked later in the set.

Neutral Stages:
- Battlefield
- Final Destination
- Yoshi's Island
- Smashville
- Lylat Cruise

Counter Picks:
-Pokemon Stadium 1
-Battleship Halberd
-Delfino Plaza
-Frigate Orpheon
-Castle Siege
-Rainbow Cruise
-Brinstar

Melee General Rules:

*4 stock

* All sets with the possible exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches (Finals matches will all be best of 5)

*8 minute time limit

*Items off

*Wobbling is BANNED

*If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage. If both are tied at the end of the match it will be replayed with the same characters, ports and stage 1 stock 2 minute time limit
*Double Blind character pick can be called at anytime.

*Stage Knock Out: Each person may choose one stage to be disabled for the entire set, it must be chosen at the beginning of the set, after initial characters are chosen.

*Advanced Slob Picks: Loser may choose the next stage or select to go random. The winner may then change their character, followed by the loser.

*Bring your own controller

*Controller Mods, Glitches (IC Freeze Glitch, Mewtwo Soul Stunner, etc), and tactics used to stall a match (wall-bombing, rising pound), are banned.

*Team Attack will be ON

*Life stealing allowed

Melee Stage List:

Neutrals 1v1:

FD
Yoshis
Dreamland
Battlefield
Fountain of Dreams

Neutrals 2v2:

FD
Yoshis
Dreamland
Battlefield
Pokemon Stadium

Counterpicks 1v1:

Kongo Jungle
Brinstar
Rainbow Cruise
Pokemon Stadium

Counterpicks 2v2:

Kongo Jungle
Brinstar
Rainbow Cruise

EDIT: Payouts will be paid IN CASH ON TOURNAMENT DAY!!!

Flawless Fan

Smash Hero
There is no way I'm missing this.
I'll also have at least one full setup.
And cookies?

clowsui

Smash Legend
Bam, I'm here. Hopefully website + schedule are up soon

If I can do anything or if anybody in Cincy can do anything for ya we're there. I don't speak for Cincinnati but I sure can convince them =)

solecalibur

Smash Master
Looking forward to it most of the god pies should be able to go since the beginning of the week is finals and I sort of enjoy a change in stage list

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
I was waiting for this thread...

You already know the God Kais will be here...Actually this might be the 1st National with all the God Kais Attending... I can't wait...

Teebs

Smash Champion
NNID
Teebs-kun
Interesting for sure
Better be more than interested! BETTER BE ****IN' HYPED!

Kel said:
Aw, MW using an EC stage list is a sad day, but this tournament day will be epic!
This is just one thing that irritates me about the MW, taking up EC "customs." O well, I'm not gonna complain nor want to start a flame war.

GET HYPE!

2-2

Smash Journeyman
NNID
VGMtheVagabond
Dayton will always be at any Smashfield tourney. I can't wait for this to go down.

GoadMoose

Smash Journeyman
I'm definately coming to this, hopefully CRUNCH will to. Perfect way to celebrate the end of Spring Quarter. Can't wait :D
Also: Love the stage list for Brawl.

lou4222

Smash Lord
Obviously the MW will be out in full force, probably 100 plus. We need support from the EC, Texas, Florida, Cali, etc. Its still six months away but seriosly, it will be amazing.

Also be sure to check out the trailer on the OP. Nope did an amazing job

lou4222

Smash Lord
Obviously the MW will be out in full force, probably 100 plus. We need support from the EC, Texas, Florida, Cali, etc. Its still six months away but seriosly, it will be amazing.

Also be sure to check out the trailer on the OP. Nope did an amazing job

DtJ Composer

The Heroine Appears
BRoomer
Anybody recognize that guy with the purple name who's avatar looks like Bret from Flight of the Conchords?
(Thanks for pointing that out Quivo >.>)

Anywho, I'm with Lou. It seems stupid for all of the midwest to come in here and talk about how hard we're gonna be here, needs more Coasts (also the Souf).

Nope

Smash Lord
Obstacle course sounds like a good side contest kiest! start working on a special one and we can set it up so you can run it.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Nope, what do you think about having a MW bounty?

I want to make a sheet people can buy that has pictures and names of MW players. You buy it for $1 and then can money match everyone on the list; if you beat them, they sign their picture and you give them the $. If someone beats all of them, they get $5 or $10. Something like that.

Nope

Smash Lord
Cool composer I'll let you know when I get the setup info updated, I am working on other stuff before that

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
I will find a way to come to this no matter what. Sounds epic. I'll be bringing my setup and probably my friend Dlaw will come with a setup for Melee + capture card. You know how my tv is though. It might be best served as a friendlies setup lol.

RipN

Smash Apprentice
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH SSSSSSSSSSNNNNNNNNNNNAAAAAAAAAAAPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!! This thing is pretty close to where I live!!! But... I'm not goin... Won't be caught dead in that place... I guess I'll let Ally and M2K battle it out for first since I'm not playing...

ROFL

I have spoken...

EDIT : And I got my Hi Def video camera now so you guys will be able to see exclusive *gasp* behind the scenes footage of "The Making of a National" (Title subject to change)

I have spoken... Again...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom