• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wario's Week 23 Matchup Discussion: Fox

Padô

Smash Lord
Furry Week!!

FOX

No good fox player here in Brazil so I won't be discussing this...
PLEASE ppl who play Zeton, argue here!

Humpy Thrashabout

Smash Journeyman
I have some weird success with Bite in this matchup. It will grab a bunch of his moves unless he spaces perfectly, but a lot of times Wario will still take the hit. Generally It doesn't seem worth it because you wont ever give Fox enough damage to payback for a forward smash, but it's something to know. Don't try to drop any bites onto a fox. Utilt comes out way too fast.
Just shield grab his Dair -> Utilt garbage. He'll try and juggle you at low percents with it.
I think the best strategy is to try and get him offstage and gimp his recovery. He falls so fast and his up-b is bad.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
Bite is pretty good in this match up. Fox's from what I'm come across tend to run around a lot jump dair or jump and shine or jump and shot lasers. He's lasers aren't as good as falcos. His up B is better than falcos. His up smash kills at 100.

Gichan

Smash Champion
I have a hard time pivot grabbing their dair. Is it possble, and is it worth it? Would I be simply better off shielding it?

I like that thing fox's do when they use their reflector in the air so they keep you wasting your shield then eventually poke your shield with their dair, very effective strategy. I find it is simply better to roll/walk away and go for some bairs. Unless you can predict their reflector use and go for a uair, all depends.

and bite is pwnage when we are at kill percentage cause they'll want to dash to usmash and we simply bite it, the damage tradeoff is worth it.

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
Fox will want to shoot some lasers at you at the begining of the match. when you are into the match he will mainly forget about the lasers and go for airs. Dont run away from fox just stay about half the stage length away AT MOST.

Wario ***** fox in the air.
upair goes through fox's downair.
Dair goes through fox's side B (if on top of fox)
watch for rushed up smashes, it might take you by surprise.
Fox's fair is used to bait a lot, i personally wouldnt choose to punish it because they normally land with no lag.

Not one of our hardest matchups but can get annoying sometimes.
60/40

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Yeah, 60:40. He really only has uptilt on us as a consistent/semi safe weapon. Usmash being his only early killer also makes it easy to predict/avoid. Still can be a nuisance though, and isn't as easy to gimp as we would like, so be careful.

Gichan

Smash Champion
I don't SDI's Snake's nair down though. I either do it towards him or away. I did hear about down for this one and that it is even possible to uair after.

Top Bottom