• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OTLadder 1.0~ NightSky is Victorious!

OTL

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Greetings- I would like to welcome you to the very first OTL Online Tournament Ladder (But I'm not going to). This will be a pyramid style ladder and will have a maximum of 36 participants. This ladder is exclusively for OTL members. In order to enter you must have either:
  • Entered 3 or more completed tournaments in OTL.
  • Hosted 1 completed tournament in OTL.
Only one of the two is required. Other than that there are no restrictions. Please be sure to read and go over all of the rules before entering.

Ladder Structure
The format for the ladder will be pyramid based, and will have up to 7 different levels ranking from A-H. The further down and to the right you are on the pyramid, the lower your rank. The further Up and left you are on the pyramid, the higher your rank.

Ex:
A: [1]
B: [2][3]
C: [4][5][6]
D: [7][8][9][10]

Moving Up the ladder
To work your way up the ladder you must challenge players one or two spots ahead of you on the same level. If you challenge and defeat someone, you will swap places with them on the ladder. When you are in the leading position, you may then challenge the player in last position of the level directly above you. When challenging someone in another level, matches will be played best 3/5 (All other matches will be best 2/3).

Joining the Ladder/Level formation
This ladder can have a maximum of 7 levels, A-H, and a maximum of 36 participants at once. As the levels exceed, the amount of players in a level will increase by one; therefore, the final level, H, will have a total of 8 players. When signing up, you will be placed at the very bottom of the ladder (So the sooner you join, the higher you will be). When a level is full, the formation of a new level will begin. Once it is complete, it will begin play. If all levels are full, players may still enter the ladder. The bottom three players of level H may be challenged by anybody outside of the ladder. If you challenge and defeat anyone in the bottom three, you will take their spot on the ladder.

Rules for challenges
Before challenging someone directly, make sure to state your challenge in this thread. After you have stated your challenge, VM your opponent. If you are challenged, you have 2 days to respond. You and your opponent must then set a time to play within 4 days of the challenge. If you do not respond, it will count as an automatic loss. If you challenge someone and lose, you must wait 3 days to challenge them again. If you are challenged by someone and lose, you must wait 2 days to challenge them. Any disagreements over challenges should be taken up to me. This tournament is expected to remain active. If you are not sure you will have time for this, DO NOT ENTER. If you fail to respond to a challenge 3 times, you will be removed from the ladder.

Match Rules
-Best 2/3
-Level Change Best 3/5
-3 Stock
-Items set to OFF and NONE
-12 minute timer

-All Characters are allowed except MK. mmk? Jk
-All banned techniques are banned.

Stages
Neutrals:

Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi's Island
Pokemon Stadium(melee)

Counterpicks:

Castle Siege
Delfino Plaza
Halberd
Lylat Cruise
Brinstar (Melee)
Corneria (Melee)
Distant Planet
Frigate Orpheon
Green Hill Zone
Jungle Japes (Melee)
Luigi's Mansion
Norfair
PictoChat
Pirate Ship
Pokémon Stadium 2
Rainbow Cruise (Melee)
Yoshi's Island (Melee)
Green Greens (Melee)

All other stages are banned.

And thus the ladder begins. To sign up, simply register with your name (5 character max.).

Qbone
Zeroe
Roxas
Slade
Slash
Night
Levii
Sammy
Neher
Dragn
Knubs
Curry
Mario
Aibou
Storm
Kbwiz
Teran
Gordo
Kazoo
Muffn
Jubei

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Ladder~ Ranks A-F

[Night]
[Cubone][Mario]
[Roxas][Slash][Slade]
[Levii][Neher][Sammy][Dragn]
[Storm][Gordo][Kbwiz][Aibou][Curry]
[Knubs][Teran][Jubei][Kazoo][Muffn][BMseX]

Wai ting:[Jerkz][Jimmy] *May challenge anyone in the bottom 3*

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Synopsis

I will keep an overview of all the matches played throughout the ladder. The 1st player listed is the challenger, the second is the player they challenged. ">" and "<" will represent who won the challenge. Anyone who is currently in a challenge, represented by "Vs", cannot be challenged until their match is complete.

Zero3 > Qbone
Curry < Knubs
Aibou < Mario
Dragn < Sammy
Slash > Slade
Levii < Night
Mario > Curry
Mario > Knubs
Aibou > Curry
Night > Slash
Storm > Curry
Neher > Sammy
Jubei > Kazoo
Knubs > Aibou
Mario > Dragn
Jubei > Teran
Storm > Knubs
Kbwiz > Knubs
Mario > Sammy
Gordo > Jubei
Kazoo > Teran
Slade < Slash
Night > Roxas
Gordo > Knubs
Slash > Roxas
Night < Qbone
Gordo > Aibou
Dragn Vs Sammy
Mario > Neher
Night > Qbone
Aibou < Kbwiz
Mario > Levii
Mario > Slash
Kbwiz Vs Storm
Slash Vs Slade
Qbone > Night
Mario > Roxas
Knubs > Chaos
Knubs > Muffn
Night > Cubone
Jimmy Vs BMseX
Mario Vs Cubone
Knubs > Jubei

Cubone

Smash Lord
NNID
Cubone
Moot Cubone

Sounds good.
I'm wondering how long it'll take to get the full 36 in all honesty though =p

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
I expected you to read it first :cool:

I'll just have Glyph swap it. I need the 2nd post for something else as well.

Roxas M

Smash Master
Greetings- My name is Zen, and I would like to welcome you to the very first OTL Online Tournament Ladder. This will be a pyramid stlye ladder and will have a maximum of 36 participants. This ladder is exclusively for OTL members. In order to enter you must have either:
  • Entered 3 or more completed tournaments in OTL.
  • Hosted 1 completed tournament in OTL.
well those are some strict rules. =/
barely anyone will be able to enter.(including me. v_v)
it's like a blue name only tourney.

Cubone

Smash Lord
NNID
Cubone
Could I have my name fixed ;)

Edit: Moot or Qbone would be preferred then :)

Entering 3 tourneys isn't that hard... if you just got here at the start of last month you would've already had more than enough chances to enter 3.

Nelo Vergil

Smash Master
Shouldnt I be the top level >_>, I was first DX.

Not alot of people have held completed tourneys, mine was from so long ago, it was even before the tournament listing thread

Cubone

Smash Lord
NNID
Cubone
zen said:
If you challenge someone and lose, you must wait 3 days to challenge them again. If you are challenged by someone and lose, you must wait 2 days to challenge them.
Does this also mean there is a 2 day delay if they challenge you and win?

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
i guess so.

i still hate you though. :mad088
:
love you too.
Does this also mean there is a 2 day delay if they challenge you and win?
Yes. For example, if Zero loses, he must wait 3 days to challenge you again. If Zero wins, you must wait 2 days to challenge him.
a ladder? sounds fun
sign me up please :)
kk. You can begin once two more sign up.
Actually, technically its a pyramid. Does anyone win this btw?
I would like to see how it goes for a while, and then I may set an end date.

Bunny4Eva

Smash Ace
I've joined three tourney before, you know...before the original Slasherx went missing >.>
I'll join, if allowed.
But Zen hates me so meh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom