• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(Unofficial) Stage Expansion Pack

libertyernie

Smash Ace
I use quite a few custom stages, and there's this nagging urge inside me to release stuff when I've put work into it. So here's my Stage Expansion Pack. Version 3.2 now adds 14 new stages without getting rid of any existing ones, using both PW's and Dantarion's codes.

It also has Riivolution support. It's built in on a per-mod basis, like:
*vBrawl
*BBrawl
*Brawl+
*vBrawl + Stage Exp.
*BBrawl (no boundary mods/stage slowing) + Stage Exp.
*Brawl+ (no boundary mods/stage freeze) + Stage Exp.
This is done because the Stage Expansion Pack needs Ocarina codes to work, and if stage slowing and boundary mod codes aren't off, they might mess up the added stages.

User:Libertyernie/Stage Expansion Pack
Downloads and instructions are on this page.
----------
Note: if you want to use this pack with Brawl+ and Gecko OS, you'll need to rename certain files included with Brawl+ before copying the Stage Expansion files in:
STGMADEIN.PAC --> STGCUSTOM5.pac
STGJUNGLE.PAC --> STGCUSTOM8.PAC
Also copy my included st_custom3.rel over st_custom8.rel (again, do this for Gecko and Brawl+ only; this is for the different Rumble Falls in Brawl+.)

highfive

Smash Lord
Interesting. Sadly I don't do SSE stages but I imagine this is a godsend for some people.

Props to you!

ZacTASTIC

Smash Apprentice
Man, this could have saved me a ton of trouble last week... haha oh well.

Ok, so if I want different SSE stages, do I go to one of the SSE stage threads, get one that replaces Wifi Waiting Room and rename it custom01.pac? or something like that. I'm kind of fuzzy on that part. help plz. =D

libertyernie

Smash Ace
Using PW's code, the custom stages would go in pf/stage/melee/STGCUSTOM1.PAC, STGCUSTOM2.PAC, and so on. You also have to put files in pf/module/ named st_custom1.rel, st_custom2.rel, etc. to correspond to the custom stages.
In my pack, st_custom1/2/3/4.rel are all the same file, and are for Waiting Room-based stages. st_custom5.rel is for Battlefield, and st_custom6.rel is for NPC.

Technical info for those who are interested: I made the last two by taking Brawl's .rel files and changing one byte to 00:
Code:
38 A5 00 00 38 80 00 ?? -> change this byte to 00
The offset is different in every file.

ZacTASTIC

Smash Apprentice
Do the st_custom1.rel etc. files have to correspond to the other custom files? Like... Would I be able to get a stage that replaces Wifi waiting room and rename it STGCUSTOM1.PAC without messing with my already-existing st_custom1.rel?

In other words, if I replace STGCUSTOM#.PAC, do i have to also replace st_custom#.rel?

sffadsad

Smash Apprentice
Do the st_custom1.rel etc. files have to correspond to the other custom files? Like... Would I be able to get a stage that replaces Wifi waiting room and rename it STGCUSTOM1.PAC without messing with my already-existing st_custom1.rel?

In other words, if I replace STGCUSTOM#.PAC, do i have to also replace st_custom#.rel?
All stages that replace the Wi-Fi training room use the same .rel file so you'd only need to change the .pac. However if you use a stage that replaces like FD, you should need the edited FD.rel and etc.

libertyernie

Smash Ace
New version out. This actually adds 9 stages, including a couple N64 remakes.
See the link in the OP for details and downloads.

Hozu

Smash Journeyman
Oh wow, this is pretty cool stuff. I'll have to try it out later today.

Edit: Time to get more custom music for Battlefield because this is awesome stuff.

SaxMeister13

Smash Rookie
Thank you, thank you, thank you! I just read through the ENTIRE Dantarion/PW thread and didn't understand at least half of it, but with your example to follow I feel like I'm starting to get it! :D

jkid101094

Smash Rookie
Thanks! This is really cool!
But I have a question, is it possible to replace the Stage Select Menu files? Such as the name of the stage and it's textures?

Jiiprah

Smash Apprentice
Thanks. I like how it uses it's own music.

BTW: You should update it for the new Hyrule Castle and Saffron City

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
How are these actually chosen ingame? Are they under the custom stages, or do they use the "hold a direction/button when choosing a stage to select a custom one instead"?

Jiiprah

Smash Apprentice
both...go to the link it it has all the info.

I'm guessing this isn't Brawl+ compatible...the camera is messed up on a few...particularly CRISIS CITY.

libertyernie

Smash Ace
Yeah, not Brawl+ compatible yet. I'd like to release a version that can use Brawl+ with the stage mod codes turned off, similar to what I did with BBrawl.

Jiiprah

Smash Apprentice
I just turned mine off. Don't like them very much. The stage danger adds to the fun, for me. Although, I went ahead and made my own stage set using both Alt Stage Code and PW's Expansion Code. Every stage except the 9 extra can load either the default game stage or an alternative texture. Some of which are really whole new stages(Crisis City, then the PLUS stage mods). I used your Alternate Stage Code as an example then learned how to do it from there. Thanks! :)

libertyernie

Smash Ace
New version 3.1 is out! I updated Sector Z and added support for Brawl+. Using it in Riivolution is easy as pie. For Brawl+ & Gecko OS, see the note at the bottom of the OP.
None of the other stages have been changed from 3.0.

HyperGumba

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Taro_Kuroyoko
3DS FC
4227-1462-6701
I am sorry, but can anyone confirm compatibility for PAL using this with Riivolution?

libertyernie

Smash Ace
Version 3.2 is out. See the OP for info.
I'm not sure if the codes themselves (PW's and Dant's stage codes) work with PAL or not. I know that PAL+Riivolution requires you to change some things in the XML.

Akuma2120

Smash Ace
Don't all the extra stages use Battlefield's music? If not then which ones specifically?

This is a big determining factor in whether I'll be using this or not

libertyernie

Smash Ace
Don't all the extra stages use Battlefield's music? If not then which ones specifically?

This is a big determining factor in whether I'll be using this or not
The last four added stages, as well as four of the stages already in Brawl (WarioWare, Hanenbow, Flat Zone 2, Rumble Falls) will use Battlefield's music set. The first five added stages then use the music sets of those four stages, plus that of 75m.
75m is now an alternate for Saffron City with Dant's code; it no longer has its own slot. The place it would normally be on the CSS is replaced with the Wifi Waiting Room.
I also included some .brstm files, so the music will go with the stage.
The way this actually works is that I add stages and name them to replace Brawl stages (like STGMADEIN.PAC), then turn around and make Brawl stages into custom stages for PW's code (STGCUSTOM5.PAC).

If you want to replace a stage, look at the tables on the wiki page to see which .PAC to replace. Then make sure the .rel file in the module folder goes along with it. This is the tricky part, because the stage ID in the .rel has to match the stage ID of the new name you're giving it.
For example, to replace Hyrule Castle with something, you'd name it STGPLANKTON.PAC and then make a .rel file as if you were replacing Hanenbow.

If you want to replace a whole bunch of stages, it might be easier to find PW's code and do it from scratch.

hero1771

Smash Journeyman
The last four added stages, as well as four of the stages already in Brawl (WarioWare, Hanenbow, Flat Zone 2, Rumble Falls) will use Battlefield's music set. The first five added stages then use the music sets of those four stages, plus that of 75m.
75m is now an alternate for Saffron City with Dant's code; it no longer has its own slot. The place it would normally be on the CSS is replaced with the Wifi Waiting Room.
I also included some .brstm files, so the music will go with the stage.
The way this actually works is that I add stages and name them to replace Brawl stages (like STGMADEIN.PAC), then turn around and make Brawl stages into custom stages for PW's code (STGCUSTOM5.PAC).

If you want to replace a stage, look at the tables on the wiki page to see which .PAC to replace. Then make sure the .rel file in the module folder goes along with it. This is the tricky part, because the stage ID in the .rel has to match the stage ID of the new name you're giving it.
For example, to replace Hyrule Castle with something, you'd name it STGPLANKTON.PAC and then make a .rel file as if you were replacing Hanenbow.

If you want to replace a whole bunch of stages, it might be easier to find PW's code and do it from scratch.
for most, it works awesome. but for the STGCUSTOM#, it gets hard

libertyernie

Smash Ace
Replacing an STGCUSTOM#.PAC isn't too hard, actually.
1. Replace the .pac (i.e. STGCUSTOM1.PAC)
2. Make a .rel file. Use the .rel of the stage your replacement is based on, just like any other .rel file. The only difference is that the new stage ID you want to put in is 00.
3. Name it according to the stage you replaced (i.e. module/st_custom1.rel)

hero1771

Smash Journeyman
Replacing an STGCUSTOM#.PAC isn't too hard, actually.
1. Replace the .pac (i.e. STGCUSTOM1.PAC)
2. Make a .rel file. Use the .rel of the stage your replacement is based on, just like any other .rel file. The only difference is that the new stage ID you want to put in is 00.
3. Name it according to the stage you replaced (i.e. module/st_custom1.rel)
i needz a little help on how to make an rel. -_-`

1DevtheDog1

Smash Rookie
I made version 3.0 :)
If anyone has questions about this pack, reply in this thread and I'll answer them.
Hey! I got a question, I'm using the Gecko.gct code method to try and get this to work. I'm following the directions very carefully and when I try to see if they work, I dont see the extra stages in the melee menu. I dont think I have bbrawl and i know I dont have brawl plus so I'm using the gecko way, but nothing is showing up. Can you help me out.

libertyernie

Smash Ace
Is the Gecko.gct file put in sd:\data\gecko\codes and named RSBE01.gct? If it doesn't work then, there's probably something wrong with the .gct.

libertyernie

Smash Ace
I probably won't update it in the near future. But if you want WarioWare, you should still be able to get to it through the WarioWare icon; it just won't have its own music.
Alternately, I think Mewtwo2000 is putting together his own pack that won't replace anything. I'm not sure if he's released it yet.

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
I probably won't update it in the near future. But if you want WarioWare, you should still be able to get to it through the WarioWare icon; it just won't have its own music.
Alternately, I think Mewtwo2000 is putting together his own pack that won't replace anything. I'm not sure if he's released it yet.
Not yet, I need to fix some thingies in some of the stages in the pack before I make the release xD

Also, to play the replaced stages, you can quit the SD card in the SSS to load the original stage when you want to play it. You have to get up, but the characters will be still loaded this way, as they're loaded in the CSS.

Top Bottom