• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[WA] The Perth Power Rankings ~NEW UPDATE 23/09/10~ Version 5.2

Vlade

Social Outcast
The Perth Power Rankings
Panelists: Vlade, Hobobloke, Bsrk_, Ghnaschnakoff & MTGod

The Perth Power Rankings are a roster of the strongest and most competitive players of Western Australia. The objective of having a Power Rankings is to promote competitive spirit and encourage players to get into or maintain their position in this list. The Panelists have discussed this for nearly a month I think, and we have finally come to a consensus of what we feel are the top 10 of Perth in this order. Feel free to disagree with it, but for any disputes you may have there will be reasoning to support our decisions which you may not support. This will be updated where we see fit.

Position Criteria

Tournament Performance: Results and who you defeat are key factors that decide your position
Consistency: Ability to place well in the majority of tournaments is regarded highly
Ability to Compete with the Best: Whether you are able to play well against the finest players is put into strong consideration.

The Power Rankings

And without further adieu, I present to you the Perth Power Rankings in the following format - Position, Player Name, Character, Movement

#1 Corpsecreate :snake::toonlink:
#2 Vlade :falco::metaknight:
#2 Richard :metaknight::rob::wario::gw:
#4 Quetz :peach: +3
#5 Hater :rob: +1
#6 Hobobloke :bowser2::gw: +2
#7 Ghnaschnakoff :sonic::diddy: -2
#8 Glenn :popo::snake: REVIVED
#9 Fuzz :metaknight: -
#10 MTGod :diddy::lucas: NEW

Honourable Mentions: Technodeath, Pete278
Removed due to inactivity: True Romance, Jupz, Alzi

Pete278

Smash Lord
Looks pretty good, but I had insider information before it was released, so I'd psuedo-discussed it anyway. :p

Still sad I wasn't considered to be a panelist. :(

Jupz

Smash Master
Looks pretty good, but I had insider information before it was released, so I'd psuedo-discussed it anyway. :p

Still sad I wasn't considered to be a panelist. :(

What? Who spilled to Pete :mad:

Lol jk it doesn't really matter if someone finds out early.

Looks good Vlade. Also change travs icon to the brawl bowser (add a 2 on the end before the : )

:bowser2:

This is very exciting.

Alzi

Smash Master
Hmm. To start the thread off i will say this.

#1 Corpsecreate
#2 Richard
#3 Vlade
#4 Roman
#5 Muzga
#6 Ghnaschnakoff
#7 Glenn
#8 Jupz
#9 Trill
#10 Alex

Thats how i see it. Now let the debating roll in.

swordsaint

Smash Master
I'd also put Richard above Vlade, Alzi. Just basing it purely off results I've seen. Richard is far more consistent than Vlade.

Splice

Smash Hero
What? Vlade isn't #1?
WHAT?? THAT MAKES NO...

Oh wait I see now, this isn't the sexiness Power Rankings <3

Looks good guys ;)

J-Birds

Smash Lord
Starfox 4 wasn't there unless I'm mistaken.

Judging only from the results of the tourneys mentioned Ric has a slight edge by the looks.

We have Mic!: Ric-2nd, No Vlade attendance
Starfox 1: Vlade- 2nd, Ric- 3rd
Starfox 2: Ric- 2nd, Vlade- 4th
Starfox 3: Vlade- 2nd, No Ric attendance
Starfox 4: ??, ??

Vlade

Social Outcast
Starfox 4 is incomplete, still 4 people left in the bracket. We were still able to make a final list though.

I am #2 because it is agreed I am more consistent in my matches against the best player of Perth.

Hotdog

Smash Lord
Who's number 8? haha

6/10 MKs? NSW still gots da leeeead!

Hurry up with Eastern Invasion =(

J-Birds

Smash Lord
I would think consistency in tournament in general weighs a bit more then against 1 person.
Have either of you ever put Corpse into losers?

Vlade

Social Outcast
Richard has once, but I'm not gonna lie, Corpse SD'd twice

Then Corpse beat Richard 6-0 in Grand Finals (this was the tourney I came 4th at)

Alzi

Smash Master
Lol ric has one time. I heard Corpse suicided like twice.

I think ric actually beats corpse a few times while they play at home. Not too sure about now since Corpse has become insane like.

Splice

Smash Hero
Now I hate to disagree with Vlade but

Ric is Corpses brother. And normally when 2 people play each other a lot, they will probably both be very close, but the better player may dominate the other when they play.

For example I play Afropony like every second day and we're almost even in skill, but when he plays me it looks like I don't even know how to play the game.

I really do not think Ric should ever be faulted if he does badly when playing Corpse, they would know how each other play too well and I imagine Corpse has just been given heaps of time to figure Ric out, whether he realises it or not.

J-Birds

Smash Lord
Well that simply tips it in Ric's favor for me.
I am simply basing this on the limited data i have just recently read whilst you have more to factor in of course.

Take it as you will, Ric's cool (Y)

swordsaint

Smash Master
So basically, Vlade's never beaten Corpse. Ric has taken a set...ok. Whether Corpse suicided or not is pretty irrelevant, it shows Ric was consistent enough to keep up with Sam, so if he slipped up, Ric would win.

Either way, I'm with J-birds, consistency weighs more than how people go against one person. Sam's Richard's brother for christ's sake, imagine the experience a better player such as Sam could capitalise on. All needless thing, but still, in the end, Richards done better both against and Sam (beating him once) and in general, his placings.

Don't be offended, but it seemed bias on Vlade's part, and misinformed on the others.

Splice

Smash Hero
But didnt Vlade also place 2nd heaps of times throughout the year? Only recently he's been dropping up and down between 2-4.

Vlade

Social Outcast
Believe me, we've discussed this at length and this is the consensus we've come to

I have never dropped a set to Richard in tournament for those ones we've considered either

Jupz

Smash Master
Yes and Vlade has played samuel a lot both in tourney sets and out. He's probably played more matches in tournament against samuel then anyone. We know our scene better then you guys and I think everyone in the panel agreed with it. I was undecided for a short time but I came to realise Vlade deserved the #2 spot on the PR more.

We also were undecided about Glen and Kane for 4 but after a while we decided Kane for 4 due to consistency blah blah and some other reasons I forget now.

Splice

Smash Hero
I know recently counts more, but previous consistency still accounts for something.

Not to mention it isnt like he's gone under 4th (right? O_.o) anyway, and he's still placed 2nd recently.
Finish Starfox 4 NOW.

EDIT : Jupz dont forget im from Perth I'm just a massive scrub kk ;)

Alzi

Smash Master
What will happen at starfox 4 is richard will come second and glenn will come third. I know the future trust me.

I agree with shmot thats why i don't want to be added to the list. Take me of right now!

Also do you guys think the character's that the people use should have a small effect on the power rankings list?

Last i remeber i did well against glenn's ice climbers so theres no way in hell we will win a tournament. Even if he masters the chain grab Corpse will not get grabbed. He hardly gets grabbed against Vlade and falco can set up somthing to get a grab in.

Top Bottom