• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Game Knights Brawl - Jan 31st, 2010 - New Location: Orange City, FL

Curaga

Smash Ace
Sunday, Sunday, Sunday - January 31st, 2010

Paragon Gaming Nation & Game Knights Gaming Center
http://www.goparagon.net & http://www.gameknightsonline.com

present..

GameKnightsBrawl

===================

NEW ADDRESS

384 S Industrial Drive
Orange City, FL 32763

Phone: (386) 218-5951
Curaga: (386) 473-3016​

===================

Registration begins at 10 AM and ends at 11 AM.

PRICES:

Admission: $5

Singles entry: $10

Doubles entry: $5 per person / $10 per team

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No outside food or drink permitted. Bottled water is okay.

Food and drinks can be purchased from the counter.

There will be a 30 minute intermission during the tournament.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
-----------------------------------

PAYOUT:

Singles 50/25/15/10

Doubles 55/30/15

Admission fee allows access to GK for the entirety of the tournament, even if not competing.
Admission will be FREE to all girl gamers/spectators.
Admission will be FREE to a player who brings a Wii and a copy of Brawl! (First 8)

Rule Set

- Tournament will be Double Elimination.

- Matches are 3 stock, 8 minutes.

- Items are set to “off” and “none”.

- Stage Striking will be implemented (but optional): After characters have been selected.. both players will play Rock-Paper-Scissors. The loser of RPS will then choose one of the neutral stages to be temporarily banned. The players will take turns striking neutral stages until only one neutral stage remains. The first match of a set will be played out on that stage.

- Each player may BAN one stage per set. A player's banned stage pick must be announced to his opponent at any time before the first counter-pick stage is chosen. It is the responsibilities of both players to ensure that player banned stages are announced prior to this time.

- 1st match, characters are chosen with double blind picks. After that, advanced slob picks - Loser of 1st match pick stages, the winner of the 1st match picks character, then loser of 1st match picks character. Continue this as necessary until the set reaches completion.

- Sets are best of 3, Grand Finals are best of 5.

- All forms of stalling are banned. Stalling- The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. This includes MK infinite cape, or any form of stalling under the stage (DK spin, sonic charge B, snake infinite down B teching, etc). Stalling can result in a forfeit of that match for the player thats "stalling" by a TO or judge.

- If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock then by percentage.

- Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.

Additional Rules:

- In the event of an dispute for controller ports or character color choice, both players will play Rock Paper Scissors for it.

- Dave's Stupid Rule: No player may choose the stage that player last won on (unless agreed upon).

- The Fair and Square Rule is optional. This means that, if one player wants to put it to effect, infinite's will be banned for that particular set. If no mention of the Fair and Square Rule occurs, then infinite's are allowed.

- BYOC, Always check to make sure you're using the correct controller settings before a match is played. Once a match has started, resetting to change controller settings will be considered a forfeit for the unprepared player. (Unless agreed upon.)

- Set team attack to "on" and Life Stealing is allowed in doubles.

------------------------------

Stage Selection

- Neutrals -

Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Lylat Cruise
Yoshi's Island

- Counter -

Brinstar
Castle Siege
Delfino
Frigate Orpheon
Halberd
Pokémon Stadium 1

- Banned -

Everything else

===========================

NEW ADDRESS

384 S Industrial Drive
Orange City, FL 32763

Phone: (386) 218-5951
Curaga: (386) 473-3016​

===========================

WHEEEE's:

1. GK
2. GK
3. Gallax
4. GDX
5. CO18
6. Sensei
7. Gio
8. Nova
9. (Friendlies)
10 (Friendlies)

Toneh

Smash Lord
dam, this one came outa no where.
I'll see if anyone wants to go.

Might have tests that day though.
All video queries can be directed to Sean (aka GOX).

That's all on him, I just run the thing. :D
thing is we can't get ahold of him for the vids.
Im guessing the matches are gone by now

Curaga

Smash Ace
Post if you will be able to bring a Wii a copy of Brawl. Only the first 8 sets ups will be allowed for free admission.

Thank you!

-Sensei-

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sensei544
Now that I notice it's on a Sunday, I probably won't be making this. I'm not available to work on Saturdays cause that's when most tourneys are. However, Sunday is fair game. I guess we'll see what happens.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
you picked the weekend of the pro bowl to guarantee i'd come since you knew i hate the pro bowl

well played GK, well played

i'll be there :laugh:

Sandtru27

Smash Lord
dang..... very doubtful that jax will make it but i'll spread the word hahahah

rxgaming folk disappeared

gallax

Smash Hero
sweeeeeeeeet!!!!!!!!!!!!! gindler, i promise im gonna make it. i dont work that day or the night before!!! plus ill get tony to give me a backup ride just in case.

HRNUT (Honey Roasted)

Smash Master
yeah sean what happened to those vids you said you'd put up me and the rest of the community are still waiting and curaga the search for tekken and Bloody roar is still alive

Top Bottom