• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SOS! (Stacks on Stacks!) Burlington, NC. Feb. 27 UPDATED VENUE LOCATION!!!

NisP

Smash Journeyman

As if NC really needed another tournament...

S.O.S.
Stacks on Stacks.
Supporting Japes....quietly. xD

NOTE: This information is subject to change. Please check the Date and Schedule whenever you read the thread.

DESCRIPTION:

SUP?

Come to my tournament.

CONTACT INFO:

NisP:
~Phone: 336-350-1903 text/call
~Aim: TheBoatExposure
~Msn: briana_patoros@msn.com

Vilt:
~Phone: (336) 965 2372

1711 Whitsett St.
Apartment B6
Burlington, NC

The venue will be Vilt's apartment since it is right next to my house. I had to switch for money reasons, but it's still pretty large. Hopefully the next SOS will be at a larger establishment once I GET MONEY more often.

NOTE:
The roads here in Burlington aren't Hickory status, and the directions are not too complicated. You will need to be prepared to look on the sides of the road for the signs, being as how Burlington is too poor to put signs by the street lights. xD If you still find you have issues finding the venue, call me or Vilt, and we can direct you.

DATE:

Saturday. February 27th, 2010.

SCHEDULE:

11:00a- Registration begins.
12:00a- Registration ends.
12:30p-Doubles begins.
4:00p- Singles begins.

You need to call me if you are going to be late. Depending on how things are running defines how flexible I'll be about you showing up late. >_> Please....try not to be late.

PRICE:

Door Fee-3$ 1$ if you have a set up.
Singles-5$
Doubles-10$ per team.

POT SPLIT:

Singles:
60/40 for <10
60/30/10 for >10

Doubles:
60/30/10 for 8-10 teams
50/30/20 for 11-16 teams

RULES:

~ Items off.
~ Ties are broken by remaining lives, then %. If both criteria are tied, then the Sudden Death match will be played out.
~ First stage is random from the Neutral stages listed below.
~ Each player is allowed to reset the random stage once; this forces a new random stage to be picked.
~ The loser of the first match will announce a new stage to play on for the next game. The winner will then be allowed to switch characters, followed by the loser. Apply the same logic for the third match (and fourth/fifth when applicable) if there is one. (Advanced Slob Picks)
~ No stage may be used twice in a single set if the counter-picking player has already won on that stage, unless the opponent agrees to use the stage again. (Dave's Stupid Rule)
~ Double Blind character pick can be called at anytime before the first game of a set starts, and only apply to the first game.
~ Each person (or team) may choose one counter-pick stage to be disabled for the entire set at the START OF THE SET, after characters have been chosen but before the random stage has been picked.
~ Controller Mods, Glitches (IC Freeze Glitch, Mewtwo Soul Stunner, etc), and tactics used to stall a match (wall-bombing, rising pound), are banned.
~ Wobbling is banned.
~ Gentlemen's Rule.
~ For doubles: Team Attack will be ON, life stealing allowed.

Stage List
Neutrals:
- Battlefield
- Final Destination
- Yoshi's Story
- Dreamland 64
- Fountain of Dreams

Counterpicks:
- Kongo Jungle 64
- Rainbow Cruise
- Brinstar
- Pokemon Stadium ;_;

Banned:
Everything else

Stage Striking: Player one strikes 1, Player two strikes TWO stages, Player one strikes last.
4 Stocks
8 Minute time limit

Stack. It. Up.

(If I am missing something important, or if you have any advice for me, I would appreciate a PM ^^. First tournament on my own.)

The Irish Mafia

Banned via Administration
Me, Vish and Toph were laughing at the term "Stacks on Stacks" during Pound.
Vish: "It's like, 'OK I got 4 pringles so I put one on top of the other and then take the other two and place them on top of each other. BOOM STACKS. Now I take both stacks and put them on top of each other OMG STACKS ON STACKS'"

Stacksonstacksonstacksonstacks

NisP

Smash Journeyman
Vish: "It's like, 'OK I got 4 pringles so I put one on top of the other and then take the other two and place them on top of each other. BOOM STACKS. Now I take both stacks and put them on top of each other OMG STACKS ON STACKS'"

xD LOL.

Trudat. Pringles were one of the first things that came to mind when I heard "Stacks on Stacks".

lord karn

Smash Master

a stack within a stack within a stack

BEHR

Smash Hero
Yuh it my mother****ing business ***** i don't give a **** ****in tell me

/endrant

I just wanted to see alot of stars. ;]

BEHR

Smash Hero
Hey if we bring a set does door fee get waive off?

NisP

Smash Journeyman
Hey if we bring a set does door fee get waive off?
Probably. I still gotta get the total then just figure out how many people I need to get to make sure I pay off the fee.

But probably bro, if not completely, then at least half off :v

I'll get back to you tomorrow.

DARKHART

Come to my tourney, ya digg.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
i really think we should start using the new stage list just so we can better prepare PP for OoS

or at least nobody cp dumb stages on pp

Top Bottom