• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Travis Presents: Aftershock - Hagerstown, MD (2/27/10)

chinesahh

Smash Lord
Pound 4 was tight. But I know people are still craving some smash, so here's to

The tournament scene in MD/VA is dying out. With Chu no longer hosting biweeklies and since no one else in MD/VA (besides Jon) seems to want to run tournaments, I'll start hosting these. The venue is decently sized, as it can hold around 100 people comfortably. We'll see how this turns out, and in the future there could be real guaranteed pots and more of a heads up on the date, with a bigger expected turnout.

Place
North American Rod & Gun Club
12108 Belvedere Rd
Hagerstown, MD 21742
(301) 739-4440

Date
February 27th, 2010

Money
Singles - $10
Doubles - $20 a team
Venue - $8

Payouts are standard 60/20/10, unless more than 32 show.

Schedule
11:00 - Doors open
12:30 - Doubles (for both games)
3:30 - Singles (for both games)

If you're going to be late, CALL ME. 410-925-1938

Rules
I'm using the Pound stagelist and general rules.

Melee:
•4 stock
•2/3 sets
•3/5 semifinals+finals
•8 minute time limit
•Items off
•Ties broken by lives, then %
•Double Blind character pick can be called at anytime.
•Stage Knock Out: Each person may choose one stage to be disabled for the entire set, it must be chosen at the beginning of the set, after initial characters are chosen.
•Advanced Slob Picks: Loser may choose the next stage or select to go random. The winner may then change their character, followed by the loser.
•Bring your own controller
•Controller Mods, Glitches (IC Freeze Glitch, Mewtwo Soul Stunner, etc), and tactics used to stall a match (wall-bombing, rising pound), are banned.
•Team Attack will be ON
•Life stealing allowed

Brawl:
-3 Stock
-8 Minute Time Limit
-Items are set to "off" and "none"
-All sets with the exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches, with the aforementioned Finals sets being best 3/5 games.
-In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors
-No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.
-If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage
-Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned.
-Standing Infinites are BANNED which include (but not limited to) Dedede's small-step chain grab, Marth on Ness grab-release, etc
-Ice climber infinites are LEGAL up to 250%
-Suicide Move Rules: (all situations are when both players are at 1 stock): If a suicide move ends a match, the match will be reset with 1 stock each to both players on the same level. Time limit will be set to 3 minutes. Both players technically died at the same time, and that is why the match was a draw. Play out the one stock, and the winner wins that match.
-Players using a Wii-mote to play must take their batteries out when not playing. We can't be having wii's be interrupted because someone made a mistake. I will be enforcing this heavily, and there will be penalties if people do not obey.
-Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.

Setups
Melee
Venue - 7

Brawl
Venue - 4
Myself - 1

We need more setups! Also guys be respectful like always. Don't trash the place, cause a scene or do anything illegal. -.-

Eggm

Smash Hero
I'll be there.

Edit : If its in MD, F VA (sorry g-reg).

Edit : I think also g$ is still banned from driving in VA.

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
What? No more Critical Hit series?

Aftershock sounds like a cool energy drink.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
id go. im gonna be holding tournies pretty often as well travis so we need to get together ^^

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
gonna take off work for sure. wanna get me some melees. travis can u take me?

chinesahh

Smash Lord
good **** @ newb

jon i should be able to take you

and yeah LOL graperape i'll do it. dk is too fun

The Tusk

Smash Cadet
I'm gonna need some major training if I'm going to this...but I really want to! As much as I'd love to get pwnt by you guys...XD

Vist

Smash Champion
ill probably come. I might have work that day but I'll try switching shifts or getting out early since hagerstown is a hike

Top Bottom