• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stage .H.A.C.K.ing Central

MK26

Smash Master
http://www.mediafire.com/?zj2oddmz0yy for ZSS fix!
[SIZE="+2"]
Stage .Help.Archive.Collab.Know.ing Central
[/SIZE]

I have recently learned that there's a small but proficient stage hacking scene going on here. This thread will serve as a place for all manner of stage hacks, everything from collision edits to resizes to completely new stages (however, I'm not quite certain about textures atm). As well, this will be the place to go if you need any help on any manner of stage hacks, a place where people can post WIPs for anybody else to try their hand at, and a home for any mini-guides and how-tos that pertain to stage hacking. I'll be updating the OP with anything and everything, but would appreciate it if anybody who has something to contribute would designate one post here to displaying all their uploads (you can pick a colour for me to put your name in, btw). This keeps it easier on me (I will put the link to all display posts here in the OP) and is more efficient for you - you don't have to wait for me to log in or pm me for your stuff to get into the OP. This thread is for anything and everything, but two stage hacking threads are floating around the Brawl Code Sets subforum - the (newly retitled) Competitive Brawl Stage Hacking Hub and the Brawl+ Stage Legality Discussion, where competitive stages are created and discussed in the context of Brawl+, respectively.

[SIZE="+1"].A.rchive[/SIZE]

Maestro26 (that's me) - scroll down!

hotdogturtle - post 3

Superyoshi888 - post 4

LordshadowRagnarok - post 5

Angelglory - post 7

Mr.Chuy - post 8

Thanyou - post 10

libertyernie - post 21

Mewtwo_2000 - post 38

Oni K4ge - post 87

Shadic - post 94

toddtj - post 95

luigiman1928 - post 139

Brawlshifter - post 142

cuckoos - post 172

Apocolypse3000 - post 187

RandomTBush - post 254

NO@H - post 387

Plasmakirby1 - post 490

ToolShock - post 555

InTrepidCognito - post 571

GaryCXJk - post 597

FairKnight - post 631

Secretchaos1 - post 820

Wiimote - post 826

StarWaffle - post 1330

Eldiran - post 1641

Segtendo - Post 1709

SuperGuzzi - post 1728

Zenox the Chimera - post 1835

[SIZE="+1"].M.aestro's Archive[/SIZE]

Download Luigi's Mansion+ (completed 2010-01-02)
The middle floor has been edited to be a fall-through platform, like the top floor is (Maestro26). No Level Freeze edit is required - Brawl+'s slowdown on the stage can be removed.

That's all for now ;)

MK26

Smash Master
[SIZE="+1"].K.nowledge[/SIZE]

[size="+2"]Kryal, on the collision editor:[/size]
Okay, it's here! There are a few minor things that could be done, but I'm tired of waiting. No time for a tutorial tonight, so listen up!

To open up the editor, right-click the coll resource and Preview (just like models). Camera controls haven't changed. Just use the right mouse button again.

Left mouse button will select points/planes. If you click an empty space and drag, you can select multiple points. Click a single point to select/drag it, same goes for planes. Click and drag selected pieces to move them. Escape clears current selection.

Shift-click will add to the selection, Ctrl-click subtracts. Pieces cannot be moved while shift/ctrl are being pressed.

Points can be joined/created by using Alt. Highlight point(s) and alt-click another. Any highlighted points will join to the selected one. Clicking an empty space creates a new point. Holding the left mouse button will allow you to position the point before finishing. Escape cancels.

When no points are selected, alt-click and drag an empty space to create a new plane. You can chain them together for fast object creation. The new points/planes will be added to the currently selected object, selected in the object list.

Highlight a plane and alt-click an empty space to split the plane

Pieces can be moved with the keyboard using WASD. Hold shift to move faster.

Esc is your friend! It will cancel any current action (dragging/hovering). It will also clear the current selection.

Delete will delete points/planes. If planes are deleted, the points will remain in-tact. If a single point is deleted, the planes it connects will be joined.

Some objects are attached to models/bones. Right-click these objects from the list and select Snap to jump the camera to that bone (first one is done for you). You can then use the rotation slider (upper-right) to offset the camera to match up the 2d space. The star button next to the rotation slider resets this.

Left/right brackets [] move left/right to the next point/plane (select one first). This indicates the path the object takes. Adjust the plane types (floor/ceiling/wall) so that they move left-to-right.

Align buttons will align all points on the same axis. Select a single point first, then select the points you want to change (using shift). Click 'Align', and the points will all match up to the first.

The split button will split points so they only connect to one plane.

Merge needs work. Takes highlighted points and smashes them into one.

Ledges need to be set on floor planes.

Lastly, just play around with it. :psycho:

======

[SIZE="+2"]Basic 2D Level Making Tutorial:[/SIZE]

First download my 2D Hyrule Temple stage Here.

Textures:

First of all, the height and width of your image your using needs to be a number that's the power of 2. What I mean, is a number like 32, 64, 128, 256, 512, 1024, 2048, etc...

Second of all, your image needs to be CI8 (or CI4?) format. For your palette, if you want your images to be transparent, choose RGB5A3, otherwise use RGB565. I don't think the number of colors matter, so just pick the lowest amount of colors where your image still looks good (saves space the lower it is). I'm not sure if MIP levels effect anything, but if it's not working try setting it to 1.

EDIT: I forgot to note that transparency can only either be on, or off, no in-between. I mean, you can set it, but brawl will automatically either turn it on or off. I also forgot to say, the height and width of your image do NOT have to be the same, you can have a texture of 32x256 if you want and it should work in the game.

Models and Collision:

When your making your collision data, If you've changed the stage/background position in it's animation, remember that you need to have the exact same data in it's non-animation state (you can change this when your already in an animation by going to frame 0), otherwise, it won't show the same in the collision editor.

EDIT: Also, when moving or scaling bones, I think you can use any bone you want (except I've learned you should probably stay away from the TopN and Soldier bones when scaling), but the scaling factor on TransN is special. The values I put in make both models almost exactly the same size, so changing that will make the images sizes different. Although if you just have a basic cloud background or something, feel free to change these. You only need to keep them the same if you need something from the background to be directly under an object from the foreground.

======

The next biggest thing after the 2D stage template...

[SIZE="+2"]The 3D stage template!![/SIZE]

This entire pack contains...

- 3 Tutorials: One for the stage, one for collisions (by Kryal), and one for .rel files
- A stage template allowing multiple models, but has one in by default for easy editing in one-model stages
- A static background, along with two moving ones
- First tutorial built into the stage (select MiscData[101] and read while editing)
- You can look at the stage in-game to see what the textures do. They all have text on them describing them.

I won't post the tutorial here, but the download only takes around 10 seconds, so don't whine.

NOTE: This template is only for semi-starters. I would NOT reccomend this for a first stage attempt.

What's next? A template for trophy stages. Just extract the trophy, put it in there, and make your collisions.

Trophy template coming soon.

3D stage template here.

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
Designate one post here? Well, I guess this here is my post.

Preview of what I'm working on:

http://i47.tinypic.com/359baso.png
http://i47.tinypic.com/m9vfqx.png

This one is mainly for the kirby fans. :)

Fixed Download here.

KNOWN ISSUES: The points for Pokemon Trainer and Olimar's Final smash have not been fixed yet. Kaboola does not animate yet, so right now she is a static platform(to be changed).

Pokemon Trainer MIGHT freeze the game on this stage, could someone please test?

Please post any other issues you guys may have, I'll also test it myself when I get the chance.

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
I need some HALP.

When editing the Stage's collision in BB, can I add more collision data to it? I can make my main platform just fine but I need to add some for the platforms as well.
Basically, I have a model I want to add collision to. I know about that little box that appears in the bottom lefthand corner that asks for a model and a bone, but it will not let me add anything to it.

I need to do this so I can animate the model so it will lazily float around and maybe go off screen. Also, when animating the object, do I add a seperate brres pack or just put the animation in the same one?

Angelglory

Smash Ace
NNID
Angelglory
3DS FC
2750-1110-8929
This will be my designated post, hur-ta-tur

Battlefield Fortress

Goes over Wi-Fi Waiting Room
Download: http://www.4shared.com/file/251392237/83c4471c/STGBattlefieldFortress.html Spawn points fixed by Apocalypse3000

Features:
- This stage is huge
- There's a wall on the right that you can be bounced off of, but there's also a hole on the bottom of the wall that you can be hit into and KO'd
- The left side of the stage is a huge drop, with a grab-able and wall-jump-able ledge.
- There's a small wall that can stop you from sliding off of the left edge of the stage.

Sewers

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?bykmyn5twm1 Water problem fixed by Mewtwo_2000

Features:
- This stage's only method of KO'ing is the roof.

Known Issues:
- The ladders don't work
- The camera is a bit off on the ground level at times

Castle Siege - Inferno

Download: http://www.4shared.com/file/251395365/8ca880fb/STGCastle3rd.html

Features:
- Basically, it's just the 3rd part of Castle Siege.
- The platform animates now, unlike the previous version I made.

All-Star Resting Place

Download: http://www.4shared.com/file/251399793/af8c2e65/STGRestingPlace.html

Features:
- It's now possible to get KO'd through the hole in the ceiling.
- Both sides of the stage have walk-off death boundaries.
- Lights added.
- The warp does not work, thus no blackout like the actual stage would give you. (b'--')b
- The glow from the character icons in the background is still there, causing an accidental lightshow, will try and remove later on. Left it in because of an amusing thing it does at the right angle :p

The Roost (V0.5)

Goes over Battlefield
Download: http://www.4shared.com/file/1Sc-3Gak/STGBATTLEFIELD.html

Version 0.5, goes over Battlefield, no .rel required.

The Roost is now playable! As seen in Animal Crossing and Tales of Advent Episode 1.

Features:
- Mingle with K.K. Slider and Brewster
- Observe the chair-less tables made from springs
- Great for machinima

Known issues:
- K.K. and Brewster don't loop their animations.
- Stage collision hasn't been altered yet (uses Wi-Fi stage collisions)

Coming Soon:
- Stage will be remade on a stage that allows more models, to flesh out the scenery
- Fixed animations
- Background added
- Stage collisions edited

Skyworld Shrine

Download: http://www.4shared.com/file/uytWkjFo/STGSkyworldShrine.html

Features:
- Stage with a slope, two fall-through platforms, one of which is has ledges.
- A lower area to the right with a wall and ledge
- The left area has a pillar that you can wall-jump off of and even climb over onto the other side.

Known Issues:
- Camera needs some tweaking so the stage doesn't get in the way when in the lower area.

Mr.Chuy

Chuy
I guess this is my post for stages
Will update when i finish my stage
Stages so far:
Stormy Destination:

Stormy Destination Beta Download
Stormy Destination Beta V2
Stormy Destination Final v1:

Download
Download With B+ Collisions
Stage Selection pack
Stormy DestinationFinalv2 Download
What's fixed:
Cloud background doesn't look AS choppy as it did it's something in the SRT0 data most likely can't edit it yet

Ground has water effects now

Added back the light shinning thin
Snowy Battlefield

Download Beta
Download with no ice effect

Download Rainy Battlefield

Realm of Ness:

Download

Realm Of Lucas:

Download

Ash's world:

Download

Ash's World with DP costume:

Download

Rainbow Road:

The only thing i changed for the KC:MM one is the space texture on the ground doesn't have ground
Download

Dream Land*thanks to mewtwo for fixing it:

Download

Random Stage i made:

Download
2 things wrong with this stage i can't seem to fix are:
white flashes in the center of the stage
one of the ledges is not properly lined and for some reason even if i align it to the edge it won't be in alignment

All this stage really is a heavy edit of of Corneria *i think not sure*

Download Cortex Boss Fight comes with brstm thanks to mewtwo for fixing the picture problem
sorry about the lack of in-game pictures for this the bin2jpg thing corrupted them DX

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
Just put the finishing touches on my textures, I guess. Didn't turn out the exact way I wanted it, cause the game doesn't flip them, but I did try to make up for it by adding fire.

I still need help though. I kinda want to get that one part working before I start testing. If I have to test without it, then I will.

EDIT: Aw crap, forgot to edit two of them. Once I do that, I will post a pic in my reserved post.

thanyou

Smash Journeyman

Fixed Presents stage (Originally by Canon of KC:MM)
~ Currently an Alpha.3, Pics will be up sooner or later.....

• Has pretty good ledges so far, they work correctly and have no glitches to my knowledge

• The only bugs that are still being worked out is the ledge from the main row of presents to the cup holding the DS, and the orange present on the left side is very glitchy and has strange attributes.

• Pretty big, a couple of Whispy's longer than normal FD.

• Ported to WWR from FD

~~TOS2 Rips~~

Battle at midnight on the plains. Initial hex work by Blayd, everything else by me

Ginungagap Rings. Initial hex work by Blayd, everything else by me

Sylvarant Dynasty (Water temple) Boss arena. Initial hex work by Blayd, everything else by me

MK26

Smash Master
Basically, I have a model I want to add collision to. I know about that little box that appears in the bottom lefthand corner that asks for a model and a bone, but it will not let me add anything to it.

I need to do this so I can animate the model so it will lazily float around and maybe go off screen. Also, when animating the object, do I add a seperate brres pack or just put the animation in the same one?
right-click in the object list

and i think you're supposed to put it in the same one, but i havent gotten animations to work in-game yet :urg:

also, im considering listing the names of people's hacks in the op, but am worried about the amount of work that might be...and im not sure about how i should manage collaborations EDIT: YEAHHHHHHHHh, not gonna go there

and i forgot to mention this, but everybody can designate a colour for their name (either the colours designated by the site or a hex code - i'm partial to #3366cc)

Mr.Chuy

Chuy
Just a FYI the see post thing only shows superyoshi for some reason i guess it likes him
Oh and what do you mean by designate a color?

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
I kinda like Teal myself.

So I have to right click? I guess I'll stuff my face with some dinner and get started.

Mr.Chuy

Chuy
Ah... i see i had a brain fart for a second there
oh i figured a way how to add color animations through hexing but i don't know if it'll work though might post a guide and have other people test it out
Edit:
I like cyan for some reason

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
So if I attach collision data to the first bone of an object(in my case, the Togezo bone for Kaboola), and I animate the object(obviously moving the transN bone so the object actually moves), the collision will move as well, right? I won't have to attach it to the TransN bone?

Mit

Smash Ace
Someone tell Mewtwo_2000 about this thread :O

Should probably just make note of this in the Brawlbox Showcase thread. I didn't even see this here, I think it might be the same for some people in there :O

Alses

Smash Apprentice
I'm not good at stage hacking... once I made a zero suit samus destination... the hands were a bit to high her thumbs looked weird her arms did a 360 degree turn in the middle and the texture for some reason became all glitchy (only her clothes her face was fine...REALLY FINE lol)

libertyernie

Smash Ace
http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=18530.0 - new stages. Click there.

Old stuff:

Stonecarving City

<--
It's from Wario Land: Shake It - I took a screenshot in the Dolphin emulator (after dumping my disc on the Wii), then doctored it to remove the score, coins, Wario bar, and Wario himself.
NEW: version 2 - I just changed the camera boundaries in order to keep the camera from going beyond the image.
Download (based on FD, can replace WarioWare w/ included .rel)
Note that almost all KOs happen on the right side of the stage.

SSE Stages compatible with Final Destination
So Mewtwo2000 doesn't have to.
My earlier versions of Lakeside Cliff and Ice Top, hotdogturtle's Jungle have all had FD support added, by way of an empty ModelData[2]. Also contains Mewtwo2000's Midair Stadium.
Shared Mediafire folder

Modified .rel files:
http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=75db4e9141acd4a50de4fc1039a016740f70dee27cf37963597b5d7f10aaff85

bboynotbgirl

Smash Journeyman
For the 2D stages, there's a tutorial in the brawlbox creation thread, could you possibly put it in the OP? So that way people wouldn't have to ask around for it.

Mr.Chuy

Chuy
For the 2D stages, there's a tutorial in the brawlbox creation thread, could you possibly put it in the OP? So that way people wouldn't have to ask around for it.
just made Mk26's job easier:

Basic 2D Level Making Tutorial:

First download my 2D Hyrule Temple stage Here.

Textures:

First of all, the height and width of your image your using needs to be a number that's the power of 2. What I mean, is a number like 32, 64, 128, 256, 512, 1024, 2048, etc...

Second of all, your image needs to be CI8 (or CI4?) format. For your palette, if you want your images to be transparent, choose RGB5A3, otherwise use RGB565. I don't think the number of colors matter, so just pick the lowest amount of colors where your image still looks good (saves space the lower it is). I'm not sure if MIP levels effect anything, but if it's not working try setting it to 1.

EDIT: I forgot to note that transparency can only either be on, or off, no in-between. I mean, you can set it, but brawl will automatically either turn it on or off. I also forgot to say, the height and width of your image do NOT have to be the same, you can have a texture of 32x256 if you want and it should work in the game.

Models and Collision:

When your making your collision data, If you've changed the stage/background position in it's animation, remember that you need to have the exact same data in it's non-animation state (you can change this when your already in an animation by going to frame 0), otherwise, it won't show the same in the collision editor.

EDIT: Also, when moving or scaling bones, I think you can use any bone you want (except I've learned you should probably stay away from the TopN and Soldier bones when scaling), but the scaling factor on TransN is special. The values I put in make both models almost exactly the same size, so changing that will make the images sizes different. Although if you just have a basic cloud background or something, feel free to change these. You only need to keep them the same if you need something from the background to be directly under an object from the foreground.

libertyernie

Smash Ace
I believe it's hardcoded into the game. I took st_final.rel, changed one byte, and then named it st_gw.rel; this let me use an FD-based stage instead of Flat Zone 2. Then I used the 2D Hyrule Castle, and lo and behold, everybody was flat.

MaRRoK

Smash Journeyman
I'll edit this post later with pics and downloads and whatnot.

mine is based on the timple of time. its an altered shrine infront of the relief sculptures and the roman gabel of the Fire emblem castle in SSE. hard to describe.

issues: altho the light is shining down on the players, i dont know how to fix the lighting yet. no item spawn and character spawning is kinda crappy.
looks cool tho.

ill post when its complete and when i take some pics.

luigiman1928

Smash Ace
i ll fix your spawning problems. im good at spawn placing. As for the lighting. do you want to be light, or dark?

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
I believe it's hardcoded into the game. I took st_final.rel, changed one byte, and then named it st_gw.rel; this let me use an FD-based stage instead of Flat Zone 2. Then I used the 2D Hyrule Castle, and lo and behold, everybody was flat.
So if someone makes an FD hack, they can use your custom .rel to load the stage over FZ2 instead of FD, and the characters will be 2D?

Isn't that what everyone has been trying to do? o_o You need to post this .rel file.

libertyernie

Smash Ace
Here you go.
modified st_gw.rel to load Final Destination
This lets you replace Flat Zone 2 with any stage based on Final Destination.

Also, crossposting from the BrawlBox thread:
I polished up Saffron City some more. I changed spawn points, aligned horizontal and vertical collisions to be parallel to the axes, moved the floating platform collisions up a bit, and lowered the boundaries. (The latter was done with BrawlWall, but to keep it from messing up the background I had to save to another .pac and then export the StagePosition.mdl0.)
Download

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Yeah, so I read your last post and your module page on the custom content wiki, and I think I understand the concept better. I think now people can use edited modules in addition to PW's stage expansion to load even more custom stages, by replacing all the stages they don't like with new ones. This is good because now we're not really restricted by the original stage that the hacks were based on.

BG3

Smash Journeyman
@Mewtwo: Great job on those stages, they look great. But for SSB64 Mushroom Kingdom, where are the platforms and the two escalator platforms? Also, this is most likely impossible, but is possible to get any trace of the original Melee background for Venom?

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
@Mewtwo: Great job on those stages, they look great. But for SSB64 Mushroom Kingdom, where are the platforms and the two escalator platforms? Also, this is most likely impossible, but is possible to get any trace of the original Melee background for Venom?
Mushroom kingdom is in a very early stage, I only did the main grounds, the pipes and a little of the background, I'll add the platforms and the escalator later, though I can't make the scalator work I suppose, so they'll be simple platforms in the middle of the screen

Very difficult to get something really similar to Venom, though it should be always animated, and there is a cave, and lava on some parts on the ground

I think the background I used is not so bad though, and the final goal is to make a return for the front-sided great fox in brawl, not pretending to make an exact Venom ^^U

Top Bottom