• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A Proposition to the Brawl Tactical Boards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magus-Cie

Smash Journeyman
I am not sure that I want to start with this, but I might as well and get it over with: Metaknight is killing off brawl.

Okay, there, I said it. Curse at the screen, spit some venom, get your temper-tantrum out of your system so you can actually look at what I am going to type with a rational frame of mind. Apologies to those who do not foam at the mouth when someone brings up the MK ban discussion.

Now for the test to see how many people actually kept on reading after the first sentence. My arguments for MK killing Brawl are not an argument for him to be banned. I simply would like to point the effect that he is having on the Brawl Community of SWF.

An example:

Red X's are either discussions about MK, or turned into discussions about MK for a period of time.

First you might think that is not so bad, it is only 5 out of 18 topics. Now look at the post counts of MK threads compared to the post counts of the Non-MK threads, if it was not for the Matchup thread (why is that not a sticky anyhow?) the MK subjects would have the clear majority of post counts as of the time I took that screenshot. The point? I just wanted to establish the fact on solid grounds that (at least when I took the screenshot) the majority of discussion is of Metaknight.

Now, what kind of discussion is being done about Metaknight you ask? I went to the last page of one of threads and copy-pasta'd the first serious post I could find.

And its going to be the same results, about 52% mk ban favored, and the sbr is going to say no....again(sorry, guess you guys will actually have to learn the matchup)

I feel like I'm in Groundhog day.
Kill yourselves, pro-banners.

:059:
Thank you. Theorycraft can be defined by the phrase "It's easier said than done". I was trying to find a good balance between the two while writing the post, but I'm sure someone will get at me anyways. *Puts up Hylian Shield*
omg everyone on here saying mk should be banned just quit the game then please

;_;
These are just a few of the posts from one of the threads (that is less than 24 hours old no less) in which people are either flaming each other or decided to put their opinion up anyway knowing they will be flamed.

So now that I have gotten the point across (I hope) of the general attitude many people on the boards assume when Metaknight is mentioned, I will actually get to what I want to say.

I propose that we let it drop. While this is not exactly a realistic request, I am hoping that is will spur some of the more mature players on the boards who really do not care how big their epeen to just let it drop. Whatever decision you convince another SWF member of does not matter. You could convince the entire Brawl Backroom to ban MK, and maybe they would, but still, that does not matter. All this flaming of people who do not share your view point. All this whining about banning. Guess what? Does not matter. Plain and simple.

If the tactical boards spent half the time advancing the metagame they spend on discussing MK, more good would come of it.

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
I have a dream that my four little children will one day participate in a forum where they will not be judged by the color of their name but by the content of their character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom